Page 309 of 491 FirstFirst ... 209259299304307308309310311314319359409 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 9818

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Anime (no spoilers)

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I'm Venezuelan but won't deny our dub industry's gone down the drain of late. Much like pretty much everything else in Venezuela.

I think Apocrypha's dub is not Venezuelan, though. I don't recognize any of the actors, but I get the impression they are from Argentina.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Wow, this actually looks like an episode from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki kun now that I think about it.

Trapzoned?

*sorry Jeanne, forgive me for this but I can't help it*

Also, on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Well for Bedi you got to remember Camelot was very outside of time too.
    As for Solomon

It seems related to this and will be tackled in Part 2.

As for Kerry Counter Guardians have their own set of rules.
    And we're not even sure about the Ring of Deterrence and what that means so too early for him.
    Hmm, If I remember some parts of the summoning chant correctly, and this is only just an assumption, maybe the Ring of Deterrence is the one supposed to be blocking the path from the Throne of Heroes towards to where one is supposed to be summoned.

Zelretch "made his mark" the moment that he placed his name on that chant. He's actually breaking the laws in the first place the moment that he made the system together with the Tohsaka, Einzbern and Makiri.

Heroic Spirits are not supposed to be summoned on humanity's whims after all. Even more so as living suppliers for a device that opens a path to the Root.

And maybe, just maybe, FATE system of Chaldea Security did the summoning right in a sense that their purpose for summoning Heroic Spirits is for protecting a system from extinction by a threat just like what the World does.

That's only based from a light reading on Heaven's Feel route and assumptions. Please don't take this seriously as it's only my guess.
    Last edited by hayate; November 7th, 2017 at 11:11 PM.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In my case those six characters are Mordred, Go lion, Siegfried, Jeanne, Astalfos and Vlad. As for reprising her role, actually I think she's playing Mordred this time and using a more natural speaking voice to do it, I'd have prefered Sarah Ann Williams as Mordred's English VA because damn can she output aggressive hate.

Also lol Mordred wearing those clothes and demanding not to be referred to as a man, Mordred, you have girl boobs, you're a girl, your dad was a girl, it's not a problem.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors kotelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    I'm Venezuelan but won't deny our dub industry's gone down the drain of late. Much like pretty much everything else in Venezuela.

I think Apocrypha's dub is not Venezuelan, though. I don't recognize any of the actors, but I get the impression they are from Argentina.
    Apocrypha's dub is mexican, there's already a page for it on doblaje wiki with a few actors. And mexican dubs aren't that good lately, the only current godtier mexican dub is Dragon Ball Super. Kuragehime and Robotics;Notes are subpar.
    Last edited by kotelo; November 7th, 2017 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kotelo View Post
    there's already a page for it on doblaje wiki with a few actors.
    Seriously? I'm currently looking through the site and can't find the page anywhere.

Edit: Wait, I think I only needed to change the browser, huh...

Oh, Humberto 'Gendo/Wolverine' Solorzano as Vlad? I like the idea.
    Last edited by OverMaster; November 7th, 2017 at 11:26 PM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    In my case those six characters are Mordred, Go lion, Siegfried, Jeanne, Astalfos and Vlad. As for reprising her role, actually I think she's playing Mordred this time and using a more natural speaking voice to do it, I'd have prefered Sarah Ann Williams as Mordred's English VA because damn can she output aggressive hate.

Also lol Mordred wearing those clothes and demanding not to be referred to as a man, Mordred, you have girl boobs, you're a girl, your dad was a girl, it's not a problem.
    Mordred is actually Erica Lindbeck but I do agree they sound alike. Which makes sense, the characters are mother and daughter after all.

JP Friend Code
    Archer y Lancer seguramente son Arquero y Lancero, y Berserker Salvaje.
    Highly doubt that since the chose Espada instead of something like Espadachin
    And you need a mount and lance to be called Lancero

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    Saber can be literally translated as Sable, which I suspect was the 'reasoning' at work here. I'd bet on Arco and Lanza only if the original Class names had been Bow and Lance.

And it's not like most Lancers actually qualify as, well, Lancers at all in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    Now they will use this Apo dub in the future as base for every other TM or Fate dub here in latam...

JP Friend Code
    Now they will use this Apo dub in the future as base for every other TM or Fate dub here in latam...

Now that's scary

FROM HELL

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

apo dub
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

That Edgar live action was a mistake, what were they thinking.

I won't care as long as I get Cris Hernandez as Nero.

I won't care as long as I get Cris Hernandez as Nero.
    If EXTRA gets a dub and if God truly exists, that will surely be the case. Absolute perfection.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I totally want to go back and address some comments regarding how Jack was explained, where I want to assert (with specific support from the anime) that I thought Jack's situation was explained rather fine without literally telling the audience. I mean, all I remember of knowing about Jack before the episode that their existence (oh yeah, Jack consistenty uses plural pronouns doesn't she) had 'something' to do with souls of dead/unborn children, and I made an effort to not even try to learn or clarify anything else so I could be more 'surprised' with Apocrypha, and yet I still ended up pretty satisfied...?

But then I prioritized watching the first four episodes of the dub over rewatching episode 18 with APEX subs tonight, and since I want to get to bed early-ish for once (I feel somewhat sick now; don't wanna get worse for work), those thoughts will be for another time.

Anyway, quick dub thoughts, which I had no idea until this morning would premiere alongside the subs (seriously, so little fanfare! shame, netflix, shame):

-Seriously, why don't we even get a full cast listing; all fans seem to be relying on are the actors' twitter accounts. Bad, Netflix, BAD.
    -Crediting issues aside, it's a good cast! With the seemingly wider array of nationalities in Apocrypha than in other Fate/works, I was a smidgen concerned the dub would go against the grain of prior TM dubs and fake accents for some reason. Glad it's not the case.
    -Standouts to me have included Kairi, Mordred, Astolfo, and Gordes. Jeanne and the other female roles have been good too, though I don't think they've had as much to work with emotively as those other roles I mentioned. Biggest questions for me at this point are Shirou and Shakespeare.
    -Special mention to Darnic (whose VA, while maybe not as distinctive as the original seiyuu, is deeper and seems more charismatic?) and Vlad (whose role I easily could've seen go to Jamieson Price but nonetheless was portrayed with similar depth by Ray Chase. Real neat, considering dude's only 30.)
    -Is that Kaji Tang (Archer in UBW dub) playing Siegfried? It both sounds and doesn't sound like him.
    -Is that Matthew Mercer (Kiritsugu) playing Avicebron? He sounds so familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    So far I'm liking Apoc's dub a hell of a lot more than UBW's. Haven't decided if I'm going to skip ahead to Shirou's more dramatic moments or if I'll just take it slow.
    Think this is because of an actually notable disparity in quality between the two, or is it more of a case of UBW's original seiyuu being actors the audience has "grown up with" for a decade (versus dub actors that haven't had as much investment with these roles) versus Apo's original seiyuu whom we've only been accustomed to through the past couple years (versus actors cast within the past few months).

Both dubs are modern SoCal/BangZoom! productions with similar talent pools, so thus they seem similar performance/script-wise imo.
    Last edited by John D. Pliskin; November 8th, 2017 at 01:05 AM.
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Probably because Bryce feels off, I didn't watch enough of the UBDub to get used to Kaiji and I actively despise Mela Lee's Rin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    -Seriously, why don't we even get a full cast listing; all fans seem to be relying on are the actors' twitter accounts. Bad, Netflix, BAD.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news...canada/.123731
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Well for Bedi you got to remember Camelot was very outside of time too.
    wait how does this one explains bedi
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3