Page 316 of 491 FirstFirst ... 216266306311314315316317318321326366416 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 9818

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Anime (no spoilers)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    If you think the hate for Sieg is bad now, just wait until we get to the ending (which is basically confirmed to be identical to LN thanks to the very first scene of episode 1). I fully expect things to go nuclear in the English fanbase.
    I didn't personally find anything bad about the ending tbh, so all the hate about it just goes over my head about it.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It honestly was a p good ending for the LN.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
    Also he would have surely not joined Shirou after the reveal.
    George bromancing Sieg and going THAO ART DRAGON on everyone while he stacked anti-dragon buffs would be fucking amazing.

598,535,004 (NA)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    And now we wonder why Sieg is at 6 on the latest rankings.

Forvedge siblings have better characterization and writing than the actual protagonist, which baffles me to no end because of the statement above this one.
    Japan loves him because he's bland and op, they can self insert easily. There's a reason Kirito is one of the most popular male characters.

As for the ending I have seen spoilers around but I don't really feel anything about it, spoilersthe thing with Jeanne tearing herself away from the Throne to meet him is pretty nuts though and goes against everything I know about the Throne of Heroes. But it seems TM likes to confuse me more and more each time they mention the Throne anyway so it's not really an issue with just Apocrypha.

JP Friend Code
    Personally I think the ending was kind of

Tragic for Sieg.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Japan loves him because he's bland and op, they can self insert easily. There's a reason Kirito is one of the most popular male characters.

As for the ending I have seen spoilers around but I don't really feel anything about it, spoilersthe thing with Jeanne tearing herself away from the Throne to meet him is pretty nuts though and goes against everything I know about the Throne of Heroes. But it seems TM likes to confuse me more and more each time they mention the Throne anyway so it's not really an issue with just Apocrypha.
    Funny thing is, that's the same answer I gave them in the Heaven's Feel thread while discussing ranks of certain characters.

Should have posted those ones in here for discussion, but I don't have the power to do so.

Tried to get them to discuss that one in this thread, but yep, not successful at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Personally I think the ending was kind of
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post

Tragic for Sieg.

Can be tragic, but I think that his character should be fleshed out more instead of being thrown in a sudden plot written really, really...

Yep, gonna stop there.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

US Friend Code

Spoiler:
    did she tear herself out of the Throne? I'm pretty sure it's becasue she's in the Throne she can have unlimited retries in getting to the Reverse Side. Plus she's still summonable after those events and it's clear she remembers them from how it is in GO.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    075, 659, 211
    Well Kirito works because his appearance is relatable as is his status as a gamer, he is the most OP in his world, if not one of them, and has a crap ton of girls gushing for him - a NEETs dream where they can get girls while doing what they love and being the best at doing what they love, amongst other things. Sieg, however, is just cardboard w/o a relatable appearance and isn't even close to being the most OP in his world, and the only ones gushing for him are Jeanne and Astolfo, so it feels weird for him to be up there because, even amongst self-insert MCs, he's very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickdrew View Post
    Mira is our magical girl casting beautiful drawings spells for the world to enjoy.

It's a miracle, hallelujah!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    throw the bikini in there and I'll spend so much even paitouch and that other whale whose name escapes me would be like whoa....take it down a notch, their are kids starving in Africa ha' know?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    fuk u storm lioncirculatory organ

FGO JP Team
    FGO NA Team

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Spoiler:
    did she tear herself out of the Throne? I'm pretty sure it's becasue she's in the Throne she can have unlimited retries in getting to the Reverse Side. Plus she's still summonable after those events and it's clear she remembers them from how it is in GO.
    I'm only repeating what I heard, I didn't really search into it because I don't want to see any spoilers regarding Amakusa.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Well Kirito works because his appearance is relatable as is his status as a gamer, he is the most OP in his world, if not one of them, and has a crap ton of girls gushing for him - a NEETs dream where they can get girls while doing what they love and being the best at doing what they love, amongst other things. Sieg, however, is just cardboard w/o a relatable appearance and isn't even close to being the most OP in his world, and the only ones gushing for him are Jeanne and Astolfo, so it feels weird for him to be up there because, even amongst self-insert MCs, he's very weak.
    As long as the character is a self insert, it will always be the fan base's favorite.

Well, not all fan bases, but still.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

That's because the power of love :v
    It feels like Fate Apocrypha want to make something between Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night.

Is it just me or Fate by other writers just become more crazy after Fate/Zero?
    Fate Apocrypha: 14 Servants battle
    Fate/Strange Fake: Filled with OP Servants, and Fake servants or whatever in there
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    That's because the power of love :v
    It feels like Fate Apocrypha want to make something between Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night.

Is it just me or Fate by other writers just become more crazy after Fate/Zero?
    Fate Apocrypha: 14 Servants battle
    Fate/Strange Fake: Filled with OP Servants, and Fake servants or whatever in there
    To be fair, Fate/Strange Fake and Fate/Apo are released before or at the same time as Fate/Zero as concepts.

Fate/Apo's concept is known today as Fate/Grand Order.

Strange Fake did better in that the prologue ushered in a premise for new Servants and only one Saber class not known if the classification is a Fake or True.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Tbh the only reason I'm still watching this is because I want to know what is Amakusa's plan (though I have a pretty good hunch).
    Actually, just Amakusa in general already motivates me.
    Amakusa is good, I approve.

Also Amakusa being an Apocryphal Shirou and an Apocryphal Saint is a top tier twist, Good Job Higashide, especially for fulfilling Nasu's Makai Tenshou reference dreams. I wish I could've seen Nasu's face when Higashide first told him that idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Funny thing is, that's the same answer I gave them in the Heaven's Feel thread while discussing ranks of certain characters.

Should have posted those ones in here for discussion, but I don't have the power to do so.

Tried to get them to discuss that one in this thread, but yep, not successful at that one.

Can be tragic, but I think that his character should be fleshed out more instead of being thrown in a sudden plot written really, really...

Yep, gonna stop there.
    You know it always bothered me of this hate of Sieg because a self-insert when everyone seems fine with Hakuno and Ritsuka/Gudako as protags despite them being less unique then Sieg, I don't know maybe it's the lack of sequals and gags.

I mean in his series everyone loves Hakuno with barely any reason, just play Extella and it's plain as day.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; November 10th, 2017 at 07:01 PM.

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, you need to keep things interesting somehow.

Though with Strange Fake that's just Narita's style to have as many characters as possible, all of them being as crazy as possible.

edit:

You know it always bothered me of this hate of Sieg because a self-insert when everyone seems fine with Hakuno and Ritsuka/Gudako as protags despite them being less unique then Sieg, I don't maybe it's the lack of sequals and gags.

I mean in his series everyone loves Hakuno with barely any reason, just play Extella and it's plain as day.
    I don't mind because it's reasonable to expect self inserting in a game, I'm the one playing anyway so not only it makes sense but it also makes it easier to relate to the other characters.

As for the romance, I felt like Tamamo was handled well enough with her wife act becoming the truth. Nero was pretty weird and sudden. And I never finished Extra with Emiya.
    Last edited by pinetree; November 10th, 2017 at 06:59 PM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar

where did you heart that? Japan loves Sieg because he is Type-Moon MC and Type-Moon MC are popular because they can't be self-insert.

well this could be a generation gap.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    where did you heart that? Japan loves Sieg because he is Type-Moon MC and Type-Moon MC are popular because they can't be self-insert.

well this could be a generation gap.
    I just assumed that was the reason since otakus likes self inserts.

And they don't consider Sieg a self insert? That's really weird.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I just assumed that was the reason since otakus likes self inserts.

And they don't consider Sieg a self insert? That's really weird.
    there is a difference between TM fans and regular otaku.

You know it always bothered me of this hate of Sieg because a self-insert when everyone seems fine with Hakuno and Ritsuka/Gudako as protags despite them being less unique then Sieg, I don't know maybe it's the lack of sequals and gags.

A self insert in an RPG where the character is clearly meant to represent you is a bit different than in a light novel. It also doesn't help that light novels, and anime to an extent, have been saturated with self inserts over the past decade, making it far less acceptable. Gudao was the least interesting part of First Oreder, and how Extra goes over may depend on how well Hakuno's personality is handled. Stay Night, Zero, and Strange Fake don't get attacked for it because all of their characters are pretty strongly defined.

Like everybody else has said Sieg's the easy to hate face of Apocrypha's problems, especially as he's a problem that's been affecting Japanese media on the whole. People hold Fate in high regard, and so the things that's perceived as dragging down a Fate work is obviously going to get hated, especially give the other circumstances. I agree that the ravenous hatred is stupid though, especially given that Sieg is a symptom of Apocrypha's problems, rather than their cause.

edit: tldr; A lot of people are dissatisfied with Apocrypha, and Sieg is the obvious scapegoat.
    Just a standard Sig.

ID: 989,068,720
    Spoiler:

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    You know it always bothered me of this hate of Sieg because a self-insert when everyone seems fine with Hakuno and Ritsuka/Gudako as protags despite them being less unique then Sieg
    I've never made a secret of how I don't really like Ritsuka and Hakuno because of how bland and hollow they are, either.