Page 438 of 491 FirstFirst ... 338388428433436437438439440443448488 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 9818

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Anime (no spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    It's hard to screw up something like that even if you do make effort to ruin it.
    Yeah but Holmes Trial Quest was also interesting and that also felt like Sakurai. Add the Dantes Drama CD too.

If there are XIX century boys involved I think Sakurai gets more on fire.
    Last edited by yokushi; December 30th, 2017 at 05:16 PM.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    He is a protag in CCC if you pick him.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Didnt you said standard OP protag? He is no protag.

And he certainly isnt the "standard". I hazard to think Gil as the standard for Nasu's character.

And he has his weakness, one that is written with actual well written and well established embedded in his not boring personality.

Even if we count CCC with him being in the protag's side, he is still much more interesting than Manaka being the protag on Fragment.

Manaka may have her reason and justification fo power level but that doesnt change the fact that she felt like a boring mary sue.
    Last edited by castor212; December 30th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar

Most entertaining 25 weeks of my life thus far.

Thanks, Apo!

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post

Thanks, Apo!
    That pics nice, this one's better tho.

The reactions of some these are hilarious.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Also she's no worse than the standard Nasu OP antagonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    still not seeing what is "standard" about Gil as Nasu antagonist.

And she is indeed worse, at least for me, because she is boring to read and have way to smoothsailing of a plot. Which is mary sue definition.
    Last edited by castor212; December 30th, 2017 at 05:30 PM.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She ends up with a sword run through her chest.

Apocrypha was okay. It gave us Gordes, whose legacy we can follow in the only work that matters in Type Moon: Grand Order
    Last edited by JetKinen; December 30th, 2017 at 05:49 PM.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    And everything until up to that point has her in perfection.
    Unlike Gil who gpt foreshadowings of how his arrogance is his downfall.

Shes boringly written. At least for me.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    She ends up with a sword run through her chest.
    But she's still not dead yet tho.

Also curious on something, to those who have read it, how good did Sakurai write Ayaka? Do you think Sakurai writing her as a protag would be better if she actually does write Prototype proper?

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    We got plenty of foreshadowing of the servants who all adore her slowly realizing that they fucked up giving plenty of warnings to her no 1 hero Arthur who ends killing her after waking up to the world and finally becoming a seigi no mikata one last time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post

Also curious on something, to those who have read it, how good did Sakurai write Ayaka? Do you think Sakurai writing her as a protag would be better if she actually does write Prototype proper?
    No but she lost.

She was betrayed by the one person she truly loved, with the help with all the servants that she toyed with. And now she is coming back in a possible Prototype "adaptation/sequel?" with hell to pay against the person who was the catalyst for said betrayal
    Last edited by JetKinen; December 30th, 2017 at 05:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    We got plenty of foreshadowing of the servants
    I should probably reread but i literally dont remember that this was a thing at least in the first 4 volumes, where manaka was like whooosh shit happens as i will it

Demon Lord of the Round Table Cipher One's Avatar

Maybe? I've read the translated novels over on the Fate/Prototype sections of this site, but since Ayaka is basically a minor character in Fragments and a kid at that, there's not really much to go on in regards to her as a character.

Taking that aside however, with what I have seen of Ayaka via the OVA, comic anthologies, the Murder-Mystery Drama CD, and that Hanafuda Scenario from the Realta Nua 2012 release, I think she has the potential to be good character overall. Granted most of those are non-canon/gag scenarios and the OVA itself just a preview of what could have been, but they do give an idea of what we could see in Ayaka once Fate/Prototype is formally written down and released.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post

Thanks, Apo!
    I really like this piece. This guy was one of the animators right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher One View Post
    Maybe? I've read the translated novels over on the Fate/Prototype sections of this site, but since Ayaka is basically a minor character in Fragments and a kid at that, there's not really much to go on in regards to her as a character.

Taking that aside however, with what I have seen of Ayaka via the OVA, comic anthologies, the Murder-Mystery Drama CD, and that Hanafuda Scenario from the Realta Nua 2012 release, I think she has the potential to be good character overall. Granted most of those are non-canon/gag scenarios and the OVA itself just a preview of what could have been, but they do give an idea of what we could see in Ayaka once Fate/Prototype is formally written down and released.
    There's an major piece of TM work currently being released that has Ayaka as a major character. Not by Sakurai though

If you compare vol 5 to vol 1 you can see that Sakurai got better at writing the story, so given time, proper proto may be good. Also fragments Ayaka is not the same as Proto Ayaka cause the trauma makes her a more pessimistic person, but Sakurai did show her inferiority complex with her sister pretty good without sounding annoying.
    Personally, I loved that flashback battle between Arthur and Lucius, is great and a must read. Same with the final scene of Arthur vs Beast.
    Sakurai also gives a lot of references and foreshadowing pretty good tied up, for example look at Para`s NP description in the novels. (It also seems to me that Nasu makes Sakurai write something with a lot of foreshadowing for a work of his thats gonna come later. Labyrinth to the Salomon temple magic, Altera in Go to Extella, and so on)
    The main problem with Sakurai right now its not that she is a terrible writer but that people still try to denied that she got better that when started, yes, her first works were lacking to terrible (fragments vol 1 to septem) but it got so much better (vol 5, the trail quest Holmes and Arthur, Dantes event, etc)

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    Great work with Apocrypha A-1 Pictures!

Demon Lord of the Round Table Cipher One's Avatar
    There's an major piece of TM work currently being released that has Ayaka as a major character. Not by Sakurai though
    If you're talking about Strange Fake, then that don't count since we're talking about Proto-Ayaka. SF-Ayaka is apparently another person altogether so I heard, so whatever developments happen to her is hers alone in that verse.
    Last edited by Cipher One; December 30th, 2017 at 06:20 PM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    If you compare vol 5 to vol 1 you can see that Sakurai got better at writing the story, so given time, proper proto may be good. Also fragments Ayaka is not the same as Proto Ayaka cause the trauma makes her a more pessimistic person, but Sakurai did show her inferiority complex with her sister pretty good without sounding annoying.
    Personally, I loved that flashback battle between Arthur and Lucius, is great and a must read. Same with the final scene of Arthur vs Beast.
    Sakurai also gives a lot of references and foreshadowing pretty good tied up, for example look at Para`s NP description in the novels. (It also seems to me that Nasu makes Sakurai write something with a lot of foreshadowing for a work of his thats gonna come later. Labyrinth to the Salomon temple magic, Altera in Go to Extella, and so on)
    The main problem with Sakurai right now its not that she is a terrible writer but that people still try to denied that she got better that when started, yes, her first works were lacking to terrible (fragments vol 1 to septem) but it got so much better (vol 5, the trail quest Holmes and Arthur, Dantes event, etc)
    I agree with you there, but I think that applies for other Type Moon Authors as well, if Higashide and Sakurai are behind either Shinjuku or Shimousa which is what I gathered (don't know who did who tho), which are seen commonly as the best EoR chapters(outside of CCC but that's unfair since that's about CCC which was great.). I definetly think that the authors are improving as they continue to write from what I seen in the past year. So personally I don't hold anything against them.

anywhere than here