Page 333 of 491 FirstFirst ... 233283323328331332333334335338343383433 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,660 of 9818

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Anime (no spoilers)

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Ah that reminds me, what parts did Nasu do in America, because if I remember rightly didn't he say that it was during america they decided to take the plot more seriously and Nasu did some edits and added some stuff to it before he would go on to Camelot?
    Pretty sure the added one was where Mashu collapsed after getting out of the singularity of America and seeing that she's bleeding.

Other than that, well...

Yep.

Edison's awesomeness will not be possible if not for Helena's interventions.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Apparently he did the ends as well of each chapter where you talk with Mashu after getting back.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle pandacmh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Amakusa and interesting don't quite fit in one sentence.
    At least you feel his presence when the camera focuses on him.

Here's what I think of the characters so far:

Sieg and Jeanne? no presence at all... thanks to the anime showing Jeanne running around doing nothing for the first half and Sieg being blank state, and Laeticia taking over Jeanne too often (in the bath, Jeanne says: Laeticia, I admire your honesty)

Astolfo - Too cheerful and the way they show his facial expression every episode just seems ridiculous in a show with a supposedly dark plot and atmosphere. Feels out of place.

Achilles - Chiron, they have presence due to their past established relationship.

Caules - Fiore, solid development. One of the better developed pairs.

Siegfried - Gordes, while Sieg died early, he still had better presence than Jeanne and Sieg. Gordes was okay since he voices out during strategy meetings as well and showed personality with his homunculus interactions in the 2nd season

Vlad - Darnic, Vlad was decent, Darnic was... cartoony

Mordred - Kairi, not much to say, basically the iconic duo with great chemistry.

Semiramis - She needs to be developed further in the final few episodes.

Basically... the weakest link so far is Sieg, Astolfo and Jeanne/Laeticia, because the camera focuses on them and tries to develop them the most, but their core personality/tropes/character hasn't changed much 19 episodes in. They pretty much behave the same from episode 1 till 19 and Sieg is just starting to gain personality as the show heads to the climax
    FGO support list (updated 6th March 2018)
    Spoiler:

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle pandacmh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The same way Berserk has Puck goofing around and Guts going all hardcore mode yet the story is still a dark story.

Mordred and Kairi works because of their chemistry. Mordred talks about serious stuff after acting cute. Kairi as well. That's development to me.

Astolfo? Acts all cheery while Sieg gives him the blandest look I ever seen in anime. What different is Astolfo from his resolve vs Siegfried to save Sieg till now? Ever since he became his servant Astolfo has been relegated to a pure comic relief character IMO. Just kills the mood. At least he's getting better.

So yes, with the overall plot, music, motifs, characters and themes presented in Apocrypha so far, I would say it has "supposedly dark atmosphere"

This is IMO anyways
    FGO support list (updated 6th March 2018)
    Spoiler:

Astolfo is true to himself. It's a quality I find really refreshing and he's one of the bright spots for me.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Sieg has ALWAYS been the foil to Astolfo in regards to reason. That said, Sieg trusts Astolfo utterly and completely.

Quote Originally Posted by pandacmh View Post
    At least you feel his presence when the camera focuses on him.
    The only presence he has is his plastered shiteating grin and holier-than-thou attitude.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Astolfo is true to himself. It's a quality I find really refreshing and he's one of the bright spots for me.
    Yes.

Honestly, what I want out of this series is a scene with Astolfo where he's serious, but still cheerful, and basically says "The way I see it, if you aren't both doing what your heart desires, and enjoying it, are you really living?" or something of the sort. I really like his character, because despite being possibly the weakest character in the series, he's the one who stands out the most. The rest are cocky, or brooding, or too invested in their seriousness and the war and their dream and so on and so forth, and, imo, the only one in this series to really stand up and be an actual hero was the guy who saw a homunculus struggling to live, so he put his wish aside, gave the guy a shoulder to lean on, and helped the guy to better himself, the guy who'd straight up just cry at the death of someone he'd just met but considered a friend.

Astolfo's straight up the realest guy. The best guy.

but why he so shit in fgo pls desire

The only presence he has is his plastered shiteating grin and holier-than-thou attitude.
    Also yes. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but Kotomine at first feels like one of those shounen B-villains, like whatshisname out of Shaman King, or Aizen, or so on, the ones who just aren't touched by anything that happens because muh master plan muh strongest et cetera, only his smile really feels false and forced. If it's intentional, it's some of the best directing this series has had, especially given how he breaks character and screams back at whoever he was talking to in that one scene, and then is quickly back to his bland, smiling, placid face again in moments. That one moment did more for his character than the entire series up until then.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    snip
    A round of applause. My thoughts exactly. And about fgo I stopped giving a shit about that and have started using him, he's even been up on my supports for the last couple weeks.

Ah, he was screaming at Achilles.

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    Agartha is Random Mythical Cities glued together. El Dorado, Shangri La, Ys etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

Also IIRC it's under Tibet or something like that.
    I think you're talking about Xanadu aka Tralala

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    >dark atmosphere
    >Flat calls Shishigo Go-Lion and Mordred chases a cat
    Please people, just because there are a few comedic elements in a show doesn't discard it as serious or dark...
    FSN, FZ, KNK all have dark plots and atmosphere, yet you can see a girl asking first thing her servant to do the chores, a big boi trying to buy planes to invade the US, or a girl solely surviving on ice cream and Volvic...
    You never know when those things come in handy...

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
    I think you're talking about Xanadu aka Tralala

Please people, just because there are a few comedic elements in a show doesn't discard it as serious or dark...
    FSN, FZ, KNK all have dark plots and atmosphere, yet you can see a girl asking first thing her servant to do the chores, a big boi trying to buy planes to invade the US, or a girl solely surviving on ice cream and Volvic...
    You forgot the infamous "Issei, take off your clothes!" to see if he has a Command Seal and Tomoe Enjou washing Shiki's clothes.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    My point is precisely that there's a fuckton of comic relief in all these shows.

And I'm glad, cause otherwise it would just be EdgyMcEdgelord all over again. As De Maupassant said : "Life is never so good nor so bad as we might think."
    You never know when those things come in handy...

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    My point is precisely that there's a fuckton of comic relief in all these shows.

And I'm glad, cause otherwise it would just be EdgyMcEdgelord all over again. As De Maupassant said : "Life is never so good nor so bad as we might think."
    Yep. I agree with you on that.

Now, if there's only someone who can put a caption on this pic...

Seriously, I see Chiyo Sakura's face in Jeanne.

Or that must be after I watched Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki - kun.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As De Maupassant said : "Life is never so good nor so bad as we might think."
    I'm not too willing to accept the judgement of life from someone who tried to kill himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Please people, just because its clearly a joke, you don't have to take it so seriously...

I wonder, by the time the series end, how many times will Jeanne have taken Sieg's hand into hers?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder, by the time the series end, how many times will Jeanne have taken Sieg's hand into hers?
    Apocrypha drinking game.

Also drink whenever Sieg looks at his hand and clenches it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Apocrypha drinking game.

Also drink whenever Sieg looks at his hand and clenches it.
    Not many times. You wouldn't even get tipsy.

A better challenge would be to down a shot whenever Shirou is smug.