Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Geo Mythica (OOC Thread)

Blog Entries

Fate/Geo Mythica (OOC Thread)

Fate/Geo Mythica

In a land far away, a young girl stands alone in the face of a new threat.
    Using all the strength she can muster, she shouts out into the darkness. Crying for one's aid.
    With strength of heart and earnest plea, her solitary voice echoes across the expanses of space and time.
    Her hope resonating within the hearts and souls of a select few, her actions will give rise to champions unlike the world has ever seen.

Welcome to Fate/Geo Mythica. In this RP, players will find themselves taking part in a grand scale battle alongside legendary heroes and figures from throughout history. Those familiar with Fate/Stay Night and it's numerous spinoffs will be familiar with this concept. However... Geo Mythica is different. Within this new world, the players will not be taking part in the infamous Holy Grail War. Rather, they will be whisked offto a new world unlike anything previously seen. Here they will form new alliances, friendships, and fight together towards common goals. Armed with the power of heroes, they will fight to determine the fate of the world around them as well as their own.

Fate/Geo Mythica is a departure from the standard Fate roleplay and, as such, may not be for everyone. However, it is for this reason that it is something new and different which will allow for ideas and experience previously not possible. Regardless, with that in mind, it is my goal to provide an enjoyable experience for those willing to take the plunge.

Forming Your Sheet:

Before we get started, there are a few things you need to know. Naturally, as a Fate-styled RP you will need to submit two things. The first being a Master and the second being a Servant. While the details regarding Master creation will be expanded upon below, the creation of your Servant will be a bit more free form. Using the standard setup for a Servant profile, the players are allowed to build a legendary spirit from scratch with little limitations. Once completed, the Servant profile can then be submitted to me for a balance check and final approval. In regards to this, a Servant will only be accepted if it is reasonable and doesn't go too overboard. Alternatively, if you so choose, you may also request to take a canon Servant of your choosing (as long as they aren't blacklisted).

When forming your sheet, do try to keep in mind your fellow players and maintain a sense of reason. But, above all else, have fun. For those who are familiar with my judging habits, you know that I favor personality above power/quality. So even if your idea may seem a little silly, don't be afraid to shoot for it. While this may be a more serious RP, it doesn't mean that we can't have a bit of character.

Master Creation & Information
    From the player's point-of-view, the Master should be regarded as your main character. Generally speaking, they are mages who utilize traditional practices and magecraft; however, this is not always the case. Regular humans have also been known to have the potential to be Masters and, as such, are valid candidates for your character. Furthermore, ESP users and members of the church are also acceptable for this RP. I might even accept a well-crafted qi user.

Once you've decided on what kind of person you want to be, you'll then want to start planning out your strengths and abilities. Aside from your Servant, these will be the tools you utilize to obtain your goals and seek out victory. Set them up wisely.

Master Parameters:
    Easy enough to explain, these are the stats for your character. Read each description carefully and ask questions if there's anything you want to figure out. Each player has 20 points to distribute among these stats. Each stat starts at F, free of charge, and rises by one rank for each point invested up to A.

Power (POW): Not a measure of physical strength, but a general representation of your damage output. Affects both physical and magical damage, but does not necessarily affect both equally.

Agility (AGI): A measure of your raw speed and movement. Naturally, this plays a key role in terms of combat; however, even high ranks in this stat do not entitle you to more refined movements.

Endurance (END): Determines both vitality and stamina. Very important when considering prolonged struggles and continuous activity. At higher ranks, it can even reduce the cost of certain spells and actions.

Prana (PRA): A representation of your magical stores- the lifeblood of a magus. As implied, this value determines the number of spells you can utilize before running out of energy. At higher ranks, it also grants the player a level of resistance to spells.

Technique (TEC): This stat determines how competent you are in regards to your particular skills. Mostly used for combat, this parameter also plays a role in determining modifiers for magecraft, techniques, and abilities.

Luck (LCK): Last, but not least, the luck is a stat that determines the strength of your critical attacks and the frequency at which opportunities present themselves to you. While not powerful in it's own right, it will play well to those willing to weigh risk and reward.

Perks & Abilities:
    Each player is allowed to create and have up to three perks for their character. The player is free to craft these perks as they please; however, each perk must be given a rank upon creation. These ranks will not only determine its effectiveness but also its downsides and costs (supernatural perks). While this is nothing major, bear in mind that certain perks will bear more weight when it comes to balancing.

In addition to these perks, the player also has to option of creating Offset Perks- "perks" that create an exploitable weakness for your character in exchange for something else. Depending on the offset, the player can receive additional stat points, additional spells, or a boost to a perk or ability. Up to two of these can be made alongside your regular perks.

Spells & Techniques:

Not much to explain here. This is the part of your sheet where you build up your active arsenal. Each player can have up to five spells and/or techniques to start off with. And, just like perks, they are ranked based on their power and costs.

Calculations & Info:

HP & MP Values:
    Calculating your overall HP is straightforward. When it comes to this, the only thing that matters is your END stat. By plugging the numerical value of that parameter into the following equation, you can determine your health.

HP = 150 + (END x 100)

Therefore, at F rank END, you only have 150 HP. At E rank you have 250. At D rank you have 350. And so on...

Likewise, MP is determined by the following calculation: 200 + (PRA x 80)

Basic Damage Calculation:
    Damage calculation is fairly simple. For example- in regards to your normal attacks- your basic attacks will be (POW + TEC) x 10, without any modifiers. So, for example, someone with both an A rank in POW and TEC will deal 100 damage with a plain attack. That's enough to just about kill someone with an F in END and cripple just about anyone else. And while this example may not account for defenses and the like, it's still something to keep in mind when building your character.

Defensive Maneuvers:
    Unlike HP and damage, damage mitigation does not go by hard numbers. While there is a general range that they work within (based off of your stats), this won't be strictly enforced and will favor the action and flow of battle. That being said, there are two primary methods through which you can mitigate damage: Blocking and Evading. In essence, they work the same; however, they utilize different stats. Blocking utilizes TEC and evading, naturally, uses AGI. When considering your tactics in battle, keep this in mind.

Servant Information
    Once you've created your Master, you'll need to start considering what kind of Servant you'll want to use. Though you will not start off with this epic figure at your side, they will still prove to be an invaluable asset to you in your journey. Not only because they are powerhouses all their own, but because they will also grant you abilities unique to the Grand Mythica War.

Summoner's Regalia: Unlike the Command Seals found in the Holy Grail War, Masters taking part in the Grand Mythica War are given what is known as a Summoner's Regalia. This magical crest binds them to a spirit of their choosing and allows for them to both communicate and summon them at well. While it lacks the capacity to generate absolute commands, it does grant its user two special abilities: Include and Install.

Include: A type of partial summon which allows for the Master to temporarily draw upon the powers or abilities of a Servant to use as their own. Typical, this results in the manifestation of a Noble Phantasm belonging to the Legendary Soul; however, in rare cases, it can be used to manifest a particular ability or trait within one’s own body.
    While the strength and duration of this are scaled down (based on PRA), they are typically fantastic abilities beyond the average human.

Install: A more advanced form of a partial summon, this particular method allows for the summoning of a Heroic Spirit by using one’s body as a medium. Favored by masters with low stores of prana, this fusion of body and spirit grants the master access to all of the Servant’s knowledge, prowess, and abilities while giving them a significant attribute boost. Effectively, the master becomes a Demi-Servant and, while still weaker than a fully realized Servant, they are still more than a match for even the strongest humans. This transformation however is temporary (duration based on END)..

Other Information
    Mechanics:

Critical Attacks

Criticals are special attacks that occur when the player attacks someone with an opening in their defenses. When these attacks land, they deal more damage than your typical attack with the modifier being determined by the LCK stat. The modifiers are as follows:

A Rank- x2.0 modifier
    B Rank- x1.8 modifier
    C Rank- x1.5 modifier
    D Rank- x1.3 modifier
    E Rank- x1.1 modifier
    F Rank- x1.0 modifier

Bear in mind that in addition to damage, critical hits can also generate additional effects. Such as shattering armor, knocking someone off balance, or causing panic. This even applies to F Rank critical hits. So you need not worry about additional battle effects if you did not invest in LCK.

The deadline for sheets will be about a week from now (January 7th or 8th). Balancing and the like will take place in the days following with the RP starting sometime around the 11th or 12th. If you have any questions or concerns, just let me know.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Not sure if class repetition is allowed. Regardless, Imma make a Rider.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Class repetition is fine.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I kinda want a Lancer or an Archer, but Sabers are better at defence, and I like making characters who have hero complexes.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd kind of like to sign up for this (with Don Quixote and some Shonen protagonist-like Master), but I probably shouldn't; having an original fiction story to work on and all which I've delayed working on for long enough. Oh well, I'll give it some thought at least.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I kinda want a Lancer or an Archer, but Sabers are better at defence, and I like making characters who have hero complexes.
    Not sure where you got the idea that Sabers are better at defense from, but okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'd kind of like to sign up for this (with Don Quixote and some Shonen protagonist-like Master), but I probably shouldn't; having an original fiction story to work on and all which I've delayed working on for long enough. Oh well, I'll give it some thought at least.
    Just lemme know.

if anything wouldn't the classical spearman be better what with the whole poking behind a shield like a coward

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You've got a point.

- - - Updated - - -

So, maybe I'll do a Lancer after all. I have been rather taken by a certain lancer lately…
    Last edited by Draconic; January 1st, 2017 at 11:12 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Well, time to make a sheet.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

I actually have my sheet almost done already...

Goin with a saber btw.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Archer. Or, wait...

@Sei: Are the way the extra classes from F/GO behave valid here, or no?
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; January 2nd, 2017 at 01:41 AM.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    The only one that would be valid would be Avenger. Ruler and Beast are definitely off limits.

Furthermore, we aren't using GO's game mechanics to determine what they do. We're using written skill descriptions.

Blog Entries
    As I said, some canon servants will be blacklisted. Not 100% up to date on GO craziness, but here's a tentative list of who's not available.

Spoiler:
    Beast Class Servants
    Ruler Class Servants
    Shielder (Mashu)
    Scathach
    Merlin
    Solomon
    No Name Assassin
    Ishtar
    Zhuge Liang
    Majin Saber
    Irisviel
    Ryougi Shiki
    Buddha
    EMIYA
    Mysterious Heroine X
    Berserker!CU
    Illya
    Kuro
    King Hassan
    Last edited by Sei; January 2nd, 2017 at 03:30 PM.

Gil?
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Gil is allowed.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh god, Gil is allowed.

And it looks like Arturia is as well… how the frugwump am I supposed to choose! Tamamo or Arturia or Atalanyan or *head explodes.*

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, is Majin Saber Arturia?

- - - Updated - - -

Someone is totally going to choose King Hassan and we'll all have to worship them.
    Last edited by Draconic; January 2nd, 2017 at 03:09 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Ah right. King Hassan is a thing.

*Adds to list*

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Wait, is Majin Saber Arturia?
    No its Okita and Nobu doing a fusion dance.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    why not zhuge if you lose the waver skills and have something else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post
    Furthermore, we aren't using GO's game mechanics to determine what they do. We're using written skill descriptions.
    what if the written skill descriptions are game mechanics?
    like one of diarmuid's skills talks about critical stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Zhuge Liang is apparently a special figure that can't be summoned as a Servant for some reason. So he's summoned as a psuedo-servant in GO using Waver. That's how I understand it, anyway.

As for Knightly Tactics, it'd probably just increase criticals or something. But honestly it doesn't do much for Deermud considering his F/Z kit.