Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] Unreleased Music Project

JP Friend Code
    577,587,785/RRahkshi
    Actually, some of the pieces in the Einzbern Consultation Room you ripped are on the soundtrack (eg. "Point Zero #2", "you are my dearest friend").

And yes, here's to hoping UBW will get the same treatment in a few years!
    Spoiler:
    (All credit on Aron Headbutt on Youtube)

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    Oh, this it's very very great! Thank you very much. I'm much interested in the This Illusion version of episode 24, the beginning it's different, you think that you can do that? Thanks again for all, much apreciated!

So uh, bummer. My "Shirou Suite" video (the longest one with the most unreleased music) got taken down by Sony Music. Not exactly sure what that means about the future of the rest of the videos.

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    You have an pm TS2000.

Fukasawa's fellow worshipper xClamintus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TS2000 View Post
    I'm very glad to hear people are enjoying this. It took a while to compile and edit everything, but I'd rather get this stuff out there in this state than for it to never get a release at all.

I was wondering though if maybe one of you folks who might be more knowledgeable than me would be willing to verify if I'm not crazy for a second.

https://youtu.be/h0_Mz95zjeo?t=35s

This little instrumental segment here, is that featured on any of Kalafina's records? A guy on youtube requested it, and for the longest time I assumed that it was just the opening to "Ring Your Bell", but when I went to take a quick skim, it's on neither the full version, the TV edit, or the "In the Silence" rendition. It leads right into the outro, but its unavailability makes me question if whether or not it's some work from the band that was left on the cutting room floor, or if that's actually a tiny addendum Fukasawa just wrote that's used to occasionally bleed into the credits.
    I'm more than two years later and probably you won't need this anymore, but you're right.
    That sound used to play in various Kalafina/Kajiura songs: for example I remember it in Oblivious (both the normal version and Fukan Fuukei mix), at the end of "M22" from the third Kara no kyoukai movie. I thought it was something that Kajiura created, but now as I see this, maybe it has something to do with "Hitoshi Konno Strings", who produces music for both Fukasawa and Kajiura. I really don't know how anime soundtracks (and this type of "orchestral" music in general) are made, though.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I realize I'm majorly grave-digging this, but TS2000 replied to a comment I made on their most recent YouTube video and apparently they still have the WAV files that they can make available for download.

Considering that this isn't stuff that isn't really available commercially and, considering what we've been able to "get away with" without issue for years now Fate/stay night Ultimate Edition, you could theoretically get away with putting them all into a password-encrypted 7z archive and uploading them to somewhere like MEGA.

Protip: you can save substantial disk space if you convert them to a lossless-compressed audio format first, though you'd have to know what the bitdepth is of your WAV files in order to make sure you're actually preserving the WAV files as-is as (in particular, FLAC maxes out at 24bit; you'd need to use something like WavPack for 32bit float); there's also the niggle that the popular "Audacity" program always applies dither by default when saving anything that isn't floating point so you'd have to make sure that's disabled or simply use a different program altogether for the conversion process like foobar2000 (making sure that its bitdepth is set to "auto" and dither is set to "never", remembering to use WavPack if the WAV files have a bitdepth of 32bit instead of 24bit or less).

...also, the "Madder Red Town" used in the UBW anime's "Good End" is, AFAICT, the exact song used in the PC VN and is not any sort of different rendition and/or remix. EDIT: Lawl I forgot that the anime used two different versions of "Madder Red Town" - a remix during the actual animation and the VN version during the credits (for me it was the VN version used during the credits that stuck out for obvious reasons).

UPDATE: TS2000 sent me a PM with some download links to the WAV files. No promises nor ETA, but I may or may not see if I can sort through them and pick out the ones that are still unreleased and put up a version in FLAC posted in a manner that should be safer for keeping online.
    Last edited by NM64; August 2nd, 2022 at 09:13 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Hiya peeps! Yeah, I'd gladly offer whatever help I can. Like, no stress. I just wish my rips in general were a bit better. ^^; I work in audio professionally now, but even with what I can do today, there's only so much you can do with separating audio out from a stereo mix. Thankfully, a lot of the best material was released last year on a third CD by Fukasawa-san, which is even up on Youtube officially! But I'd still hazard there's 60+ minutes or so of content not put on an album. Several VN arrangements. Character themes like Luvia's, Taiga's, and Fukasawa-san even wrote a subtle theme for Sakura that I'm not sure how many are aware of! Simple, but interesting. It worked in counterpoint to his Rin theme.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TS2000 View Post
    I work in audio professionally now, but even with what I can do today
    This reminds me - there was some sub-par audio clips a couple of years back that I tried my hand at making sound better and, well, the conclusion I came to was that it'd require someone more in the audio engineering space to have any hope of getting the audio to sound better.

Maybe you can stop in over on the "Ultimate Edition" forum thread and take a shot at it - basically say that I sent you and that you want to try your hand at, and I quote, "making the sub-par German-language Rin chant audio clips sound more like the Japanese-language Rin chant audio clips in terms of tonality".
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song: