Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] Unreleased Music Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] Unreleased Music Project

Hi there Beast's Lair. First time posting here, but I've been a TM fan for years, and I figured if any particular group of people would be interested in this, it would be you folk.

For the last while I've had a little pet project I've been working on, where I've tried to fumble around in some editing software to isolate musical tracks from Hideyuki Fukasawa's score to the 2014 Unlimited Blade Works anime.

I've ripped at least 200 or so pieces that weren't, to my knowledge anyway, released on any official OST. It clocks in at around three and a half hours in total, but granted, audio quality's a mixed bag. Believe me, I know from personal experience that I am not an expert at this stuff, so some of it I think sounds fairly listenable, while other parts might cause audiophiles to feel like I personally insulted their aging grandmother.

I'm perfectly okay with providing links to you all for what I have available, but taking a peek at the rules that seems to be a teeny bit of a no-no, and I'm not here to ruffle any feathers, but they're floating around on a place called ffshrine for those interested.

Of course, this thread would be kind of pointless if it existed to solely direct you to another forum, and that's why I wanna offer you guys this.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sCDBkTg5NencWZ

A playlist I put together that features a variety of cues arranged into suites. Some might be especially interested in the rips I have of Fukasawa's unreleased renditions of the VN tracks, "In the Sunshine", and "Madder Red Town".

And well, yeah, that's what I have. Hopefully it pleases someone.

If you have any comments, or suggestions, or heck, if there's some grandmaster audio engineer in the house who wants to smote my offerings with other, superior edits, feel free to do so. I just want to get this stuff out there, cause I think there's a lot of really good music that unfortunately may never otherwise see the light of day.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Oh! I know you! I posted on your ffshrine download page! Nice to see you here. And welcome to Beast's Lair.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Thanks for the welcome.

So while I still had a bit of a burst of inspiration, I went and wrangled together a few of the unreleased tracks for Fate/Zero. Due to the way it was all written and arranged, there simply was less music that was left out of the score albums, which is good for me, since that's less work, but there were still a couple missing pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k6Xshgr2FI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VH1xPaS93c

Unfortunately, the one I really wanted, the reprisal of Let the Stars Fall Down from episode 23, didn't come out as clean as I would have liked, but hey, what are ya gonna do?

On the plus side, I managed to snag a pretty darn okay sounding rip of Bluebeard's Theme.
    Last edited by TS2000; January 8th, 2017 at 09:57 PM.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, soundtracks went pretty great.

I'm sure they'll appreciate the effort, especially now that you have what they wanted: Berserker dubstep.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

JP Friend Code
    577,587,785/RRahkshi
    Man, I have been waiting since the anime aired for someone to do this! Thank you so much TS2000!
    Spoiler:
    (All credit on Aron Headbutt on Youtube)

Blog Entries
    Listening to it right now. This is epic. You are epic bro

I'm very glad to hear people are enjoying this. It took a while to compile and edit everything, but I'd rather get this stuff out there in this state than for it to never get a release at all.

I was wondering though if maybe one of you folks who might be more knowledgeable than me would be willing to verify if I'm not crazy for a second.

https://youtu.be/h0_Mz95zjeo?t=35s

This little instrumental segment here, is that featured on any of Kalafina's records? A guy on youtube requested it, and for the longest time I assumed that it was just the opening to "Ring Your Bell", but when I went to take a quick skim, it's on neither the full version, the TV edit, or the "In the Silence" rendition. It leads right into the outro, but its unavailability makes me question if whether or not it's some work from the band that was left on the cutting room floor, or if that's actually a tiny addendum Fukasawa just wrote that's used to occasionally bleed into the credits.
    Last edited by TS2000; January 20th, 2017 at 01:39 AM.

Fukasawa's fellow worshipper xClamintus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TS2000 View Post
    I'm very glad to hear people are enjoying this. It took a while to compile and edit everything, but I'd rather get this stuff out there in this state than for it to never get a release at all.

I was wondering though if maybe one of you folks who might be more knowledgeable than me would be willing to verify if I'm not crazy for a second.

https://youtu.be/h0_Mz95zjeo?t=35s

This little instrumental segment here, is that featured on any of Kalafina's records? A guy on youtube requested it, and for the longest time I assumed that it was just the opening to "Ring Your Bell", but when I went to take a quick skim, it's on neither the full version, the TV edit, or the "In the Silence" rendition. It leads right into the outro, but its unavailability makes me question if whether or not it's some work from the band that was left on the cutting room floor, or if that's actually a tiny addendum Fukasawa just wrote that's used to occasionally bleed into the credits.
    I'm more than two years later and probably you won't need this anymore, but you're right.
    That sound used to play in various Kalafina/Kajiura songs: for example I remember it in Oblivious (both the normal version and Fukan Fuukei mix), at the end of "M22" from the third Kara no kyoukai movie. I thought it was something that Kajiura created, but now as I see this, maybe it has something to do with "Hitoshi Konno Strings", who produces music for both Fukasawa and Kajiura. I really don't know how anime soundtracks (and this type of "orchestral" music in general) are made, though.

So earlier today, I was looking through some things, and found this.

Spoiler:

It's from one of those little art books that the production staff at Ufotable put together, and on this one page, it notates a lot of the principal themes from the UBW anime, and I thought that was real nifty.

The thing is though, it's pretty incomplete in terms of thematic material, so I kind of spent the afternoon doing some rough transcriptions of a few of the other prominent motifs. These are mostly the primary melodic statements, just like they're presented in the image above.

Gonna warn you, my ears are most definitely not the best, so if there's someone who comes waltzing in with perfect pitch, and sees how horribly I mangled these, feel free to send a few guffaws my way. You got free reign to laugh.

Sakura's Theme

Spoiler:

Caster's Theme

Spoiler:

Funny thing about Caster's Theme- at least to me, I guess. I think I literally have the same synth voice sample Fukasawa used in the show. Like, one of my VIs is 1:1 with it.

Gilgamesh's Theme

Spoiler:

Illya's Theme

Spoiler:

Shinji's Theme

Spoiler:

Kirei's Theme

Spoiler:

With Kirei's Theme I went and tried to make it a tad more thorough, just because I felt like it. That also means there's probably a higher percentage of wrong notes in there too! Gotta love it.

Anyway, don't know how many people would be interested in this, but hey, it's here.

You are doing a good thing. I appreciate your hard work.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Hey there guys. So I just did something kind of silly, but you might be interested.

Bit of a story, see there's this track that plays during the prologue of the show, and every time when I tried to extract it, I came across a lot of issues. I just couldn't get the audio clear enough.

I realized a little while back though, that it was a real simple piece- only some piano and strings, and kinda half jokingly, the thought shot through my head of, "I bet I could recreate this."

And then I did.

I don't know how well. Geez I really don't know, but yeah, I have an acoustic double bassist friend who's super talented, and, while, probably an octave lower than would have been ideal, I got him to record the string part. Then I added in the piano, and mixed and did all that nerdy stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDK7IkwuSL4

I also put together a transcription if anyone's interested.

Spoiler:

Hey folks, just wanna let you know I've uploaded another 40 or so minutes of unreleased stuff to the youtube channel.

JP Friend Code
    577,587,785/RRahkshi
    Nice! Been looking forward to the Final Strength remix. Thanks for the hard work!
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Rygah View Post
    Nice! Been looking forward to the Final Strength remix. Thanks for the hard work!
    No problem. Wish I could present it in better quality, but there's only so much I can do.

Biggest disappointment is that the Emiya remix from episode 19 is pretty much a lost cause to rip.

EDIT: Also, is there any TM related anime music left unreleased that people might want to see? I know UBW had loads, which is why I started this, but I'm open to trying to salvage other stuff.
    Last edited by TS2000; July 8th, 2017 at 03:03 PM.

JP Friend Code
    577,587,785/RRahkshi
    I do have one request. Though, like the episode 19 Emiya remix, I imagine it's going to be difficult to rip it in decent quality.

It's a variant of Point Zero with the added choir from The Battle is to the Strong. To my knowledge it's only ever played twice. It's played fully in episode 6 of the Einzbern Consultation Room, at around 21:13 until 22:27.

Spoiler:

Other than that, the beginning segment is played at the start of the Fate Zero season 2 pv:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Hi Rygah, I actually managed to get a relatively clean rip of that track after just a few minutes of working on it, so I'll see what I can do about uploading that soon.

One thing I noticed though that I hadn't before is that these Einzbern Consultation Room videos I believe have music that I'm not sure has been released. For instance, at the 2:40 mark, there's a breezy little guitar piece that I don't think is on any of the OSTs. By all means, I'm not even sure if it's a Kajiura piece, it could be stock music.

One thing that really interests me though is the composition at 23:02. That I'm confident isn't stock. It's got the Fate/Zero theme in it, and after thumbing through the two OSTs I have on hand, I'm not hearing it on there. I might need to do a bit of investigating.

EDIT: Yeah, actually, if someone would be kind enough to possibly inform me on what the music situation was with Einzbern Consultation Room, I would be very grateful. It never crossed my mind when first watching them, but I'm hearing music that definitely wasn't in the main series, and I'm not sure if it's gotten a proper release.
    Last edited by TS2000; July 9th, 2017 at 02:41 PM.

JP Friend Code
    577,587,785/RRahkshi
    Nice, thank you! And I'm pretty sure Einzbern Consultation Room never got a soundtrack release, though to be fair they mainly played Zero OSTs. I'm actually surprised that there's more interesting variants and remixes other than the one I requested. I didn't even notice the one at 23:02 until you pointed it out.

I'm going to have to rewatch/relisten to the entire thing and see if there's any more lol.
    Last edited by Rygah; July 9th, 2017 at 06:30 PM.
    Spoiler:

I actually did go through the series this afternoon, and yeah, I was surprised at how much new music I heard when I really listened.

https://youtu.be/YtMkR9HU-lk

I ripped and put together as much as I could find. Included in the video is the track you wanted, as well as a bunch of other stuff. Thanks for showing interest!
    Last edited by TS2000; July 9th, 2017 at 07:55 PM.

JP Friend Code
    577,587,785/RRahkshi
    Amazing, thank you!

I think some of those have been released. The track at 2:50 - 3:28 is called "on an island", and the track from 8:40 - 9:30 is called "at peace". Both are from Fate Zero OST 2 (can't find them on youtube unfortunately, but you can find them listed here).

I didn't notice that Painful #2 variant though, nice catch. The track at 2:19 is also nice, definitely Kajiura but I don't recognise it.

There's going to be a Fate Zero soundtrack rerelease in September, this time with 3 discs. Hopefully it will include some of these and the other unreleased OSTs (I really want that Ionian Hetairoi "Let the stars fall down" remix).
    Spoiler:

Ah, shoot. Guess I got a little over-zealous in terms of posting tracks. I'll admit I'm not as well versed on Zero's score as I am with UBW's, since I was sure most of the music ended up on an album. Still, glad I could find some unreleased stuff.

Also, I might be crazy, but the track at 2:19 honestly reminds me of Kenji Kawai's theme from the 2006 anime.