Page 22 of 115 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273272 ... LastLast

Thread: Muv-Luv

Where in any of the games did it say that Japan had been invaded before the draft age was changed (not saying it doesn't, it's just I don't recall it at all)? And besides, the Honor Guard isn't part of the main army, so it may have just been the case where only the regular army started after they'd been invaded. Also most of Asia IS gone, since if I recall correctly, they pointed out in episode one that they had recently lost the Korean peninsula. As for Europe, I don't know since the Eurofront is pretty much the one Muvluv chronicles/spinoff I haven't read at all.

Putting aside the random resizing due to anime just always being inconsistent with perfect proportions (Gundam does it all the time :P), Destroyers are just about the same size as a TSF. The Zuikaku is slightly shorter than the F15 depicted here, so it should be about the same height at least.

Also I'm assuming you've never played any of the games in regards to the instructor's Type 94 Shiranui having 3 guns despite one of its arms being blown off. Those back-mounted racks can pop down and be used to fire the weapons mounted on them on the Shiranui and a few other models (I don't know with 100% certainty, but I don't believe the design of the Zuikaku/F-4J leaves enough clearance for the guns to pop down all the way).
    Example image taken from the game itself:
    Last edited by HYuy; July 11th, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "Fear the quiet people, for you do not know what they are thinking."

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Wait, what the hell is that elephant-trunk thing next to the massive-vagina class? Pretty sure I've never seen it before.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah right, I saw someone asking about 120 vs Ruitare's. In the strategy game you can only kill a good amount of them from the front if you use the 120mm. The 36mm will really only kill 1-2 and even that only if you pretty much fire all your ammo from a nearly complete squadron (you never have a complete squadron in that game though lol) it will also probably kill like 5-8 of the squad you had (REALLY BAD). Swords aren't the best idea also imo. Which is why going behind them and shooting the 36mm is the best idea or from the side and using the 36mm/120mm is prolly your best bet but the game levels are designed so you can't really do that much lol.

Also, yeah, Senjutsuki's have 4 'arms' that can shoot guns. The most ridiculous scene I can think of that was taking advantage of that was one scene in TDA where one character had a sword in one hand a 36mm in the other and 2 36mm on the back all guns firing while they were swinging the sword. There are also abunch of scenes where random characters had 4 guns firing in random directions (well, not random but two firing forword and two firing backword or one shotting to the right with one firing to the left and two firing ahead of you etc.) lol.
    Last edited by Cruor; July 11th, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Wait, what the hell is that elephant-trunk thing next to the massive-vagina class? Pretty sure I've never seen it before.
    That'd be the warrior class. We haven't seen them in the anime yet, but they appear a few times in Alternative. In particular, the scene where
    Spoiler:
    Haruka is trying to disable the Hive Reactor in Yokohama base, she gets killed by them after they wipe out the soldiers that were protecting her.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Played Alternative. The trunk is vaguely familiar, but I can't remember where I saw the thing itself.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    During the scene where Akane's sister is killed you see abunch of them come in with the bro soldiers heads in the trunks.
    Last edited by Cruor; July 11th, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Oh right.

Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Cruor is very nice

Uhhhh, dude, next time, spoiler tags. There's still people on Beast's Lair that I know are still playing through Alternative.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There. If they are using the white background they deserve to be spoiled.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

Hahahaha, that's one way to do it.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by HYuy View Post
    Where in any of the games did it say that Japan had been invaded before the draft age was changed (not saying it doesn't, it's just I don't recall it at all)? And besides, the Honor Guard isn't part of the main army, so it may have just been the case where only the regular army started after they'd been invaded. Also most of Asia IS gone, since if I recall correctly, they pointed out in episode one that they had recently lost the Korean peninsula. As for Europe, I don't know since the Eurofront is pretty much the one Muvluv chronicles/spinoff I haven't read at all.
    It was somewhere in the coup arc, where it was said that the draft age was lowered AFTER Japan was invaded.

In total eclipse's first episode, when the world was as fucked up as that, they acted like idiots when in military training. This angers me so much..
    Last edited by geenius3ab; July 11th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Eveonder's Avatar
    I'd be more enthused by muv luv eclipse if everyone in alternative hadn't died horrible, horrible deaths (except Takeru but he went insane from having everyone else die). I find it more difficult to invest in characters that I expect to die and I pretty much expect all Muv Luv characters to die. Anyone else have that kind of problem?
    Fate is fickle and Irony is a driving force of the world.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geenius3ab View Post
    In total eclipse's first episode, when the world was as fucked up as that, they acted like idiots when in military training. This angers me so much..
    They are teenage girls.
    Grown men already act like retards during military service.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eveonder View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'd be more enthused by muv luv eclipse if everyone in alternative hadn't died horrible, horrible deaths (except Takeru but he went insane from having everyone else die). I find it more difficult to invest in characters that I expect to die and I pretty much expect all Muv Luv characters to die. Anyone else have that kind of problem?
    Should put that in tags, we got new readers in here now.
    And my emotional investment works just fine, imo what you mentioned just comes with a world that is pretty much doomed.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle DoomRavager's Avatar
    吉宗鋼紀 ‏@kycow

光線属種はG元素の塊みたいなもん。
    だから一定以上の大きさのハイヴできか生産できない。
    喀什ケースは緊急処置(ルクスのみ)。
    欲かいて対応する時間と余裕を与えたからね。
    しかもあいつらハイヴ周辺だと空中からエネルギー取り出せるしやばい。
    Well this is interesting, G-elements are used in Lux construction, so they're normally only produced once a hive reaches above a certain phase, presumably the size above which the Hive starts producing G-elements. Their deployment at Kashgar was an emergency measure.
    And apparently they can just take energy right out of the air, particularly when around Hives. [speculah]I guess maybe that's what those tendril things on its back are for?[/speculah]
    Last edited by DoomRavager; July 11th, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Well, the BETA do "adapt" to tactics used on them as necessary, so the developing of laser class was probably part of that.

The whole "characters can die at random" thing doesn't bug me much at all. In fact, I think it helps it since in tense scenes you can't go into them with the usual "oh they'll get out fine cause they have to survive" mentality. And it's not like everyone died in the TDA series, so it's not like everyone always dies. From what I understand, Total Eclipse is one of the less main-character-death filled series in the Muvluv Altverse.

後継者 Successor
    Where are you guys watching the episodes?

Blog Entries
    Torrent the Horriblesubs releases.

And yeah, TE will probably not have a high bodycount, seeing that they are test pilots with expensive toys.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, Kouki (the writer) already said on Twitter he was waiting for the TE Vn to 'outdo Zambot 3!' <_<.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    In what way?

Also, I can't be the only one who hates the OP, right?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    /m/ was thinking death toll. He said he wanted to outdo Zambot 3 on twitter and put he loved the 'heroic aspects' of Zambot 3 in an interview and that it influenced him heavily.

And in one of the PVs (pretty much the 10th Anniversary PV except instead of Yui we have Kryska saying something instead) we have someone who is heavily implied to be Kryska talking to Yuuya or Inia saying that she wants nothing more than at least them to live until the end (this is also what Jap fans consider as proof that the other video was indeed Yui talking about the Original [or Lyon] Hive). So yeaaaaah, they really are not holding back.
    Last edited by Cruor; July 11th, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

後継者 Successor
    You are not the only one. It sounds schizophrenic.