Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Muv-Luv

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    So I just marathon'd Extra, Unlimited and Alternative, partway into the coup d'etat arc, and there have been no awesome scenes yet. D:

And here I was thinking the entire game was gonna be some massive brawlfest, going by all the "OMG BEST GAME EVARZ!!!!1!!!ONE!!!" comments on it.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle DoomRavager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geenius3ab View Post
    <-- Got the patch from a friend, it was somewhat unfinished (Only the main story was translated, though even then some small parts were missing.)
    Hang on, patch for what? Alternative? I'm pretty sure there is only a main story, no extras, hence nothing else to finish (unless you meant image translations).

@eddyak: You're almost there. Shit truly gets real in Sadogashima arc onwards (arguably in PTSD arc aka HEADCHOMP arc onwards, depending on what you consider awesome).

On another note, IMO anyone who has finished all of Muv-Luv (Extra, Unlimited and Alternative), and possibly but not necessarily Kimi ni Nozomu Eien, should watch Ayu Mayu Gekijou, specifically episodes 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7 for some cheap lulz, easily available on Youtube by searching for "Ayu Mayu Gekijou".
    Last edited by DoomRavager; July 4th, 2011 at 07:41 AM.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
    Hang on, patch for what? Alternative? I'm pretty sure there is only a main story, no extras, hence nothing else to finish (unless you meant image translations).
    Patch for Muvluv Alternative Chronicles 01. My friend got his patch from his friend, kindly enough he was ready to share .. Although it's still far from finished .

@eddyak : The coup' is really quite a nice arc as well, it has a nice feel to it.

And yes.. Takeru will turn out to be a complete badass in certain scenes, being kind-of a ''One-man-army'' .. It's so badass you will shout out ''AGAAAAAA!'' (Refrence. ^_^ )..

Patch for Muvluv Alternative Chronicles 01. My friend got his patch from his friend, kindly enough he was ready to share .. Although it's still far from finished.
    Amazing, never knew it was translated, especially given the lack of information on a translation on VNDB. Any chance of sharing with the rest of us?

Assuming, of course, that it's an English translation and not, say, Korean or Chinese (which wouldn't surprise me).
    Last edited by DoomRavager; July 4th, 2011 at 08:39 AM.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Don't have the right to share it sadly, as much as I'd like to, though I can say that it's in English .. >_>

In that case, any chance of pointing out where on the interwebs it's being worked on? Or is it a completely private unannounced project by an anon to be properly announced and released at some point in the future?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    <-- Got the patch from a friend, it was somewhat unfinished (Only the main story was translated, though even then some small parts were missing.)

Couldn't spot the meaning, as it was rather late, and my head was fuzzy... Stupid me.. >_>
    Which one? TDA? There's multiple stories.

Eddyak: It becomes more action-y after Chapter 7. And how many routes of Unlimited and Extra did you do? You get more scenes if you did everything in them.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Eddyak: It becomes more action-y after Chapter 7. And how many routes of Unlimited and Extra did you do? You get more scenes if you did everything in them.
    Only did Sumika & Meiya in Extra, and both Meiya's endings (& Yuuko, cos getting the hot teacher is way too damn difficult in most other NVs) in Unlimited.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

夜魔 Nightmare
    @Doomravager I have no information about that.. I did ask my friend, but all he did was shake his head.
    @Cruor It was The day after ..

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    OH DEAR GOD

That... crunching noise... Argh... And then the... Oh dear god.

That was horrible.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Music to my ears

And you shoulda read Ayamine and Tama's route in Extra so you would at least know who Tama's dad and Sagiri are.
    Oh right.

Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Cruor is very nice

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    OH DEAR GOD

That... crunching noise... Argh... And then the... Oh dear god.

That was horrible.
    .... I kinda have a idea.. But no... The thing that popped up was too... Disgusting.. And sad..
    I actually felt REALLLLLY empty after the scene, and was somewhat in the same state as Takeru.. In those kinda scenes, it's rather bad to be ''in the character''..

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    .... I kinda have a idea.. But no... The thing that popped up was too... Disgusting.. And sad..
    I actually felt REALLLLLY empty after the scene, and was somewhat in the same state as Takeru.. In those kinda scenes, it's rather bad to be ''in the character''..
    Yeah... and then what kept happening afterward.

It's like they knock you down, wait til you're getting back up, then dropkick you back down again, and then set on you with spiked baseball bats.

@Cruor: That's pretty much explained in Alternative, though- or is there more info in Extra?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    .... Did people really find it that bad? While I don't think Marimo deserved such a death Takeru definitely deserved going through that trauma for being such a whiny arrogant hypocrite/fuckwit. I was actually almost laughing when Sumika forgot him and his despair hit. He finally broke then and became someone half decent. I hated him 70% of the way through the game. The last 30% (which is still like 20 hours) I could only stand him because there was so much action and motherfucking Valkyries I kinda forgot about my previous rage.

@Cruor: That's pretty much explained in Alternative, though- or is there more info in Extra?
    Well, it expands/gives-an-introduction-to the character.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    .... Did people really find it that bad? While I don't think Marimo deserved such a death Takeru definitely deserved going through that trauma for being such a whiny arrogant hypocrite/fuckwit.
    I suppose it was cos we started getting into his shoes- the bit with the whole "i'm a failure" thing starts getting to you, then Marimo comes out of nowhere with a cheer-up speech, and you start to feel a little better then MOTHER FUCKING BETA.

Gotta be said, though- Yuuko? Most badass character. She so casually goes "lol let's break into a nuclear reactor!"
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

夜魔 Nightmare
    .... Did people really find it that bad? While I don't think Marimo deserved such a death Takeru definitely deserved going through that trauma for being such a whiny arrogant hypocrite/fuckwit. I was actually almost laughing when Sumika forgot him and his despair hit. He finally broke then and became someone half decent. I hated him 70% of the way through the game. The last 30% (which is still like 20 hours) I could only stand him because there was so much action and motherfucking Valkyries I kinda forgot about my previous rage.

Well, it expands/gives-an-introduction-to the character.
    As eddyak said.
    I think that Takeru was portrayed quite realistically, which made it easier for me to be in his shoes.. I felt happy when he was happy.. I felt shocked when he felt shocked (Even if it was meant as comic relief in most cases.).. And honestly I started to feel happier, and accepting everything before ''the incident''.. If you couldn't get to be in his shoes, then I can't say anything about it.
    I felt like the whole Alternative game, was a experience of mine own, learned, and it also changed my view of this world, and changed how I act.. It's that deep of a change in me.. Even if you might say ''it's all fiction'' for me it's much more.. One of the reasons why I made this topic.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    HOLY SHIT MOTHERFUCKING LAZORS AND EXPLODING EXPERIMENTAL MECHA.

FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As eddyak said.
    I think that Takeru was portrayed quite realistically, which made it easier for me to be in his shoes.. I felt happy when he was happy.. I felt shocked when he felt shocked (Even if it was meant as comic relief in most cases.).. And honestly I started to feel happier, and accepting everything before ''the incident''.. If you couldn't get to be in his shoes, then I can't say anything about it.
    I felt like the whole Alternative game, was a experience of mine own, learned, and it also changed my view of this world, and changed how I act.. It's that deep of a change in me.. Even if you might say ''it's all fiction'' for me it's much more.. One of the reasons why I made this topic.
    Holy Fuck. I just wrote out this really long reply detailing everything I wanted to say but when I tried to change tabs to check something I reloaded the page (fucking Firefox 4.0 and 5.0) and everything was deleted and Auto-Save fuction doesn't seem to work on quotes. Oh wait my comment can be posted if I go into Advanced mo- 4fjihjf0gh90gh90 it saved everything I just wrote out right here. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfebuofwt4jop34jtp43j

Even if Takeru was portrayed 'realistically' he was being a completely self absorbed asshole, defensive, manipulative (he seemed to believe he was doing this but he wasn't actually doing anything because he sucked and was in fact just adding fuel to the fire), and an all around arrogant dickwad. He in fact, actually completely fucking forgot the reason he wanted to save the world from the beginning (sure, this can all be justified due to Sumika screwing around with him. But that just justifies my hate for Sumika). Because he wanted to save it? No. UL made it a point he didn't actually give a shit about the world. And when AL started testing that commitment he was getting all fucking whiny and hypocritical as hell as if he were fucking thinking saving the world from some super alien race that raped the world for 40 years because everyone else is just a bunch of noobs, right (yeah, that's how he was acting towards those veterans in the mock trials)? He was also doing that shit like 'it's okay if I don't care about my friends if I'm going to save the world!' (See his stance on Ayamine and a few others just before and during the Coup and a few other scenes). He was like the complete opposite from that view in UL.

I seriously can hardly believe that the Takeru from EX and UL is the same guy as the one in AL. In EX there was that choice at the end of Sumika and Meiya's route with that final speech by Tsukuyomi. That was fucking great. Brilliant even. If AL Takeru were put in such a position he would just cry and try to reason with both of them when that shit just plain wouldn't work. And even in the Extended Epilogue EX Takeru was still doing shit like that by refusing to ask about Meiya (Tsukuyomi and the idiots came back to mess around or something). Takeru in those two stories was a far stronger character most of the time. And it took a little more then a few fucking deaths just to put AL Takeru in the same scale.

I find that whatever gave Alternative it's meaning hardly came from Takeru. It was all from the characters and events that happened around him not his. His views were completely immature outside his final run into Kashgar an after that. Everyone else's strength (Meiya and Tsukuyomi are particularly great examples) were. AL he was entering Takayuki selfish levels.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

夜魔 Nightmare
    Even if Takeru was portrayed 'realistically' he was being a completely self absorbed asshole, defensive, manipulative (he seemed to believe he was doing this but he wasn't actually doing anything because he sucked and was in fact just adding fuel to the fire), and an all around arrogant dickwad. He in fact, actually completely fucking forgot the reason he wanted to save the world from the beginning (sure, this can all be justified due to Sumika screwing around with him. But that just justifies my hate for Sumika). Because he wanted to save it? No. UL made it a point he didn't actually give a shit about the world. And when AL started testing that commitment he was getting all fucking whiny and hypocritical as hell as if he were fucking thinking saving the world from some super alien race that raped the world for 40 years because everyone else is just a bunch of noobs, right (yeah, that's how he was acting towards those veterans in the mock trials)? He was also doing that shit like 'it's okay if I don't care about my friends if I'm going to save the world!' (See his stance on Ayamine and a few others just before and during the Coup and a few other scenes). He was like the complete opposite from that view in UL.

I seriously can hardly believe that the Takeru from EX and UL is the same guy as the one in AL. In EX there was that choice at the end of Sumika and Meiya's route with that final speech by Tsukuyomi. That was fucking great. Brilliant even. If AL Takeru were put in such a position he would just cry and try to reason with both of them when that shit just plain wouldn't work. And even in the Extended Epilogue EX Takeru was still doing shit like that by refusing to ask about Meiya (Tsukuyomi and the idiots came back to mess around or something). Takeru in those two stories was a far stronger character most of the time. And it took a little more then a few fucking deaths just to put AL Takeru in the same scale.

I find that whatever gave Alternative it's meaning hardly came from Takeru. It was all from the characters and events that happened around him not his. His views were completely immature outside his final run into Kashgar an after that. Everyone else's strength (Meiya and Tsukuyomi are particularly great examples) were. AL he was entering Takayuki selfish levels.
    Every choice he did was understandable.. And hell, even the contradictions were realistic, in the ''means and end'' of things... Everyone can say that they want to save the world, but you're saying that it should be easy.. And the one who says it, should just discard any bit of humanity in himself, and do what he says he will do... Lets say there is a beautiful woman, both sweet and selfless, which you love. But for some reason she turns out to have ''powers'' which she can't control and can potentially destroy the world.. She asks you to kill her and hands you a knife.. Can you do it?.. Ofc you need a really colorful imagination.. But let me tell you, you can never do it, if you loved her.. You seem to forget a certain fact about ''That worlds'' Takeru.
    You brought out that Takeru sucked at making 'important' decisions. You might've not noticed, but he did quite a few important ones (And some which you decided.). And the whole hypocricy was only HUMANLY, as the choices were both EXTREMELY hard, which you yourself could never comperhend, as you sadly couldn't get into Takerus character.
    The choice in EXTRA, which you had was mostly based of feelings, there isn't any world saving thing in there?..
    He couldn't remember why I wanted to save it?.. His reason was simple and realistic.. He didn't want to see such things happen again, later as he had more connections to the world, he just didn't want to see it destroyed... But as things went on, he began to doubt his convitions after all that SHIT.. Later he was just cornered, and he had no way out.
    Takeru.. Self absorbed? Honestly he was just thinking about tons and tons and TONS of things, concerning about the world.. And when things got too much for him, he got open (And usually things didn't go too good after that.). Defensive? EVERYONE protects their views, and as he had a LOT more experience and knew a lot more then most, and honestly his views were correct for most of the part, he was having trouble with the ''means'' as they said.. Manipulative? .. I have huge doubts for his ''manipulating'', as he couldn't really manipulate anyone...

Alright I think I have reasoned out the points you brought out.. Now off to his ''immature'' part..
    If he is called immature, then most of our world can be called that (Just a ''WTF'' moment right there.).. Now think of what he has lived through, he was clearly learning, everything the hardest way possible and with his responsiblity, everything just fell apart when things just started to work out, and failures like that.. You can never comperhend .. I am 100% sure that no one here could act the way you would hope one to act in a world like that, unless he threw his whole humanity away, which is harder then you might ever think...
    (The decisions between Extra/Unlimited and Alternative, can't even be compared those.. )

Edit: And yes.. The whole idea of this message was to inform you that you expect too much from a human, even if it's fiction.
    Last edited by geenius3ab; July 5th, 2011 at 08:15 PM.

Asking a huge favour here. Since heavy googling has turned up nothing on a Chronicles 01 translation, would it be possible for someone who has played it to post a summary of The Day After, just to get a feel for what happens? Thanks a lot in advance.