Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Muv-Luv

夜魔 Nightmare
    Not too sure if there are any of those around.. Though there is a review of it around, it shouldn't be too hard to find it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle DoomRavager's Avatar
    Let me rephrase that. I was hoping someone could create a summary of The Day After 00 (and possibly 01) if they had the time. I've already read that review, and while it pretty much summarises Chicken Divers and Rain Dancers it's a bit thin on TDA details. Thanks again.
    Last edited by DoomRavager; July 7th, 2011 at 08:19 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everyone can say that they want to save the world, but you're saying that it should be easy..
    I said the exact opposite. Takeru was the one thinking it would all be easy as fuck. When all went to shit he got all defensive saying why should he be the one to do it (this is kinda why Yuuko was all 'do you really want to save the world?'). During the Coup he was going all 'why the hell are you guys fighting it's fucking stupid' he was kinda ignoring the fact that since it didn't happen in the previous world(s) that it shouldn't have happened in that world too so he was the one who caused it. Yuuko actually implies this iirc but Takeru chose to ignore it.

You brought out that Takeru sucked at making 'important' decisions. You might've not noticed, but he did quite a few important ones (And some which you decided.). And the whole hypocricy was only HUMANLY, as the choices were both EXTREMELY hard, which you yourself could never comperhend, as you sadly couldn't get into Takerus character.
    You're given the choice between literally ditching your life and friends up until that point and going to marry a girl and never go back to said town again or choosing to just stay in that town and probably doing nothing for the rest of your life. Can you make such a decision instantly? That's kinda what he was told to do.

The choice in EXTRA, which you had was mostly based of feelings, there isn't any world saving thing in there?..
    I'm sorry, I think you missed the point that everyone's personality was the same no matter what in every world. That fact kinda nearly drove Takeru insane.

He couldn't remember why I wanted to save it?.. His reason was simple and realistic.. He didn't want to see such things happen again
    I'm sorry but how could you possibly miss the point by so much? Alright, what did he not want to see happen again? Alternative 5? Or seeing all his friends dieing and 1 of them getting sent to a different world in 11 or so (probably way more) different worlds? The reason he did not want Alternative 5 to happen was because seeing it happen over and over again forced him into so much grief that he retained his memories and abilities. His fear for Alternative 5 was actually instinctual despite not remembering any of it from Sumika screwing around in his memories. And he completely ignores the part about wanting to save his friends and assumes he just wanted to save the world since he couldn't remember (both his first world friends and pretty much their relationships in UL). Which is fucking ridiculous considering he hardly cared about the world in UL.

Takeru.. Self absorbed? Honestly he was just thinking about tons and tons and TONS of things, concerning about the world
    I'm sorry did you miss the part where he kept talking to/being suspicious of Ayamine cause he thought she might betray them to go to Sagiri or something? If they seriously felt like it they could have portrayed the scenes as outright bullying. There were tons of parts like this where he was completely ignoring everyone's feelings to take on such a asshole-ish view.

Defensive? EVERYONE protects their views, and as he had a LOT more experience and knew a lot more then most
    And he has any right to say Tsukuyomi's views are completely wrong? Bullshit.

and honestly his views were correct for most of the part, he was having trouble with the ''means'' as they said
    Takeru must really like China and North Korea then. Tsukuyomi actually had the most Democratic view surprisingly.

Manipulative? .. I have huge doubts for his ''manipulating'', as he couldn't really manipulate anyone...
    He was like dumping oil and gasoline on the fire.

If he is called immature, then most of our world can be called that (Just a ''WTF'' moment right there.).
    The problem is Takeru simply doesn't understand the consequences of his actions. Or even exactly what he's doing but does it anyway. That's why I called him childish.

Now think of what he has lived through, he was clearly learning, everything the hardest way possible and with his responsiblity, everything just fell apart when things just started to work out, and failures like that.
    Except he had no responsibility he was forcing his own self into that position and whined when it got hard. He never actually needed to anything in the first place. If he had any actual responsibility at the very most it would have been his responsibility to tell Yuuko Alternative 5's deadline was in two/three months. But was he supposed to be the one to save the world? Did he need to be? It wasn't his direct responsibility in anyway. And when he took on that responsibility he should know what it takes. When you take up a job and become lazy or something do you have the right to say from the very beginning they were expecting too much from you or that it was too hard to do?

Edit: And yes.. The whole idea of this message was to inform you that you expect too much from a human, even if it's fiction.
    I know.
    Last edited by Cruor; July 12th, 2011 at 02:09 AM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I said the exact opposite. Takeru was the one thinking it would all be easy as fuck. When all went to shit he got all defensive saying why should he be the one to do it (this is kinda why Yuuko was all 'do you really want to save the world?'). During the Coup he was going all 'why the hell are you guys fighting it's fucking stupid' he was kinda ignoring the fact that since it didn't happen in the previous world(s) that it shouldn't have happened in that world too so he was the one who caused it. Yuuko actually implies this iirc but Takeru chose to ignore it.
    Takeru had the knowledge to make it happen, and he was ready to take the means.. The point is that it was harder.. A lot harder.. Than what he thought.. And he wasn't ready for that (Who would be.).. And he gave the base for the rebels to work on. As he asked for the elderly people to be saved by Yuuko, cause he didn't want them to die, the japanese mind-set was different from his, and the Coup'deat forces use it as one of the fuses to start it.

You're given the choice between literally ditching your life and friends up until that point and going to marry a girl and never go back to said town again or choosing to just stay in that town and probably doing nothing for the rest of your life. Can you make such a decision instantly? That's kinda what he was told to do.
    Don't think there was a choice like that there. Takeru would have been O.K if Sumika wouldn't have forgotten him, and gotten by.. But with what happened shortly.. All his hopes, convictions, and plans were spit upon and driven over with a humvee.. He chose the correct path of leaving the world, and stopping everything he started (Not like he had much of a choice there.)... And
    I'm sorry, I think you missed the point that everyone's personality was the same no matter what in every world. That fact kinda nearly drove Takeru insane.
    Cause his conviction, ideas, plans, and responsiblity was that much more.. Although Takeru thought that all of them had huge burdens to carry, while his conviction still isn't even near as strong as theirs.. He got motivation like that, but it also made him feel inferior and more self-concious that he still isn't ready to carry the burden he placed on himself..
    I'm sorry but how could you possibly miss the point by so much? Alright, what did he not want to see happen again? Alternative 5? Or seeing all his friends dieing and 1 of them getting sent to a different world in 11 or so (probably way more) different worlds? The reason he did not want Alternative 5 to happen was because seeing it happen over and over again forced him into so much grief that he retained his memories and abilities. His fear for Alternative 5 was actually instinctual despite not remembering any of it from Sumika screwing around in his memories. And he completely ignores the part about wanting to save his friends and assumes he just wanted to save the world since he couldn't remember (both his first world friends and pretty much their relationships in UL). Which is fucking ridiculous considering he hardly cared about the world in UL.
    He didn't care about the world, cause it wasn't his world. Although he might have had deep connections with the world in UL, he still had the main goal of getting back. The only reason why he didn't want it to happen again, is cause he had no idea HOW to get back.. Later when he ran, it was after he got the conviction to fight for everyone, but as he wasn't ready what was to follow.. His conviction wasn't strong enough, which is simply the reason why he ran.. Later he was just backed into a corner of ''die or win'', where win would mean that he could look for the cause after the war.
    I'm sorry did you miss the part where he kept talking to/being suspicious of Ayamine cause he thought she might betray them to go to Sagiri or something? If they seriously felt like it they could have portrayed the scenes as outright bullying. There were tons of parts like this where he was completely ignoring everyone's feelings to take on such a asshole-ish view.
    He thought that Ayamine was a spy.. And that was for a good fact, all the evidence was pointing in that direction.
    Blind faith in your teamm8s is wrong in a case like that..
    And he has any right to say Tsukuyomi's views are completely wrong? Bullshit.
    LoL.. Since when did Takeru do anything like that?
    Takerus view was correct, while also Tsukuyomi's view was correct.. Takeru accepted it soon into the coup' (Progress.)

Takeru must really like China and North Korea then. Tsukuyomi actually had the most Democratic view surprisingly.
    Don't understand where you're going with that... Tsukuyomi had a democratic view?.. She knew about the political strife, but she was still more on about the ''spirit of the people'' which was stronger in Japan, then in America (They couldn't understand it.).. And her views were far from a democratic view of a nation.
    He was like dumping oil and gasoline on the fire.
    The problem is Takeru simply doesn't understand the consequences of his actions. Or even exactly what he's doing but does it anyway. That's why I called him childish.
    And you would have understood that running away would have caused the other world to get fucked up?.. He had given the world a lot, helped the Alternative IV, and developed the XM3... What can 1 man do?.. His consiquences were nothing you would have come up with, or anyone else other then Yuuko, who knew the most about his case, and the consequnces

Except he had no responsibility he was forcing his own self into that position and whined when it got hard. He never actually needed to anything in the first place. If he had any actual responsibility at the very most it would have been his responsibility to tell Yuuko Alternative 5's deadline was in two/three months. But was he supposed to be the one to save the world? Did he need to be? It wasn't his direct responsibility in anyway. And when he took on that responsibility he should know what it takes. When you take up a job and become lazy or something do you have the right to say from the very beginning they were expecting too much from you or that it was too hard to do?
    He should know what it takes?.. It's easy to say you will kill everyone who gets in your way, if it's for the greater good.. It sure is easy.. Just as Archer did in Fate/Stay night.. But he broke himself little by little, after killing and killing..
    Takeru.. And lazy?!.. That's the best laugh of the day, like really.. Takeru worked tirelessly to make things work. The lack of conviction was completely understandable, and it shouldn't be called lazyness, in any way.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geenius3ab View Post
    Takeru had the knowledge to make it happen
    No he had knowledge of things that would happen and started to use that knowledge but he did not know what would happen and did it anyway. And when things like the surprise BETA attack on the base (and not even afterwords technically. During the whole incident he was whining about why that was happening) or the freaking coup d'etat started happening he started complaining. He was complaining about his own actions/faults while at the same time saying he shouldn't be the one held responsible.

And he gave the base for the rebels to work on.
    Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean the mountain/volcano?

As he asked for the elderly people to be saved by Yuuko, cause he didn't want them to die, the japanese mind-set was different from his, and the Coup'deat forces use it as one of the fuses to start it.
    Not really. The elderly people their were kidnapped in there sleep, beaten up, and sent to camps little better then concentration ones. Takeru knew this would happen. Meanwhile, after hearing this happened Sagiri raged his ass off and started the rebellion.

Don't think there was a choice like that there. Takeru would have been O.K if Sumika wouldn't have forgotten him, and gotten by.. But with what happened shortly.. All his hopes, convictions, and plans were spit upon and driven over with a humvee.. He chose the correct path of leaving the world, and stopping everything he started (Not like he had much of a choice there.)... And
    I was talking about Extra there.

Cause his conviction, ideas, plans, and responsiblity was that much more.. Although Takeru thought that all of them had huge burdens to carry, while his conviction still isn't even near as strong as theirs.. He got motivation like that, but it also made him feel inferior and more self-concious that he still isn't ready to carry the burden he placed on himself..
    And he kinda only placed that burden on himself because he saw 3 years of action... hundreds of miles from the defense lines. He's kinda arrogant. I said that before.

He didn't care about the world, cause it wasn't his world. Although he might have had deep connections with the world in UL, he still had the main goal of getting back.
    No. he kinda mentions during the start of the game and during the endish parts that he's lived in the UL/AL world too long. Even in UL he was unsure how he'd react if he were able to get back.

The only reason why he didn't want it to happen again, is cause he had no idea HOW to get back.
    Because he remembered his feelings for Sumika! .... Which he kinda only remembered after seeing all his friends die with perhaps one of them getting sent to another world for eleven or so different world. Whoever was the last one to die/get sent back somehow gave Takeru so much willpower/grief he pretty much reincarnated with all his abilities and skills. And with limited knowledge (As some of it was deleted).

He thought that Ayamine was a spy.. And that was for a good fact, all the evidence was pointing in that direction.
    Blind faith in your teamm8s is wrong in a case like that..
    Well he should freaking know that's not the case since the coup d'etat from the very beginning should never have happened.

LoL.. Since when did Takeru do anything like that?
    Takerus view was correct, while also Tsukuyomi's view was correct.. Takeru accepted it soon into the coup' (Progress.)
    When he picks a fight with Tsukuyomi the first(?) time they met (it was definitely their first argument I think unless I'm confusing Tsukuyomi for Meiya). Meanwhile Takeru was more along to listening to Walken's thoughts.

Don't understand where you're going with that... Tsukuyomi had a democratic view?.. She knew about the political strife, but she was still more on about the ''spirit of the people'' which was stronger in Japan, then in America (They couldn't understand it.).. And her views were far from a democratic view of a nation.
    That's the funny thing the person from Imperial Japan had a more democratic view from the person from America. Tell me, if a country had to fight something (say, BETA) yet no one actually expects to win in the very first place would you give up your own personal freedom and thoughts (and don't say yeah. Because you are right now saying Takeru has the right to this)? What she was saying is that they should not have been under American (technically, the UN, but we kinda know America takes most of the control of that) control (oppression really). And as for why it is so democratic? Well, if they did say, take over. And the people taken over say 'adapts' (because peoples strong feelings against something often subside after time) to that rule then it's all okay, right? Well, that's what the Communists did. How can you call that democracy? The Americans are kinda assholes in this story and Takeru was kinda agreeing with this.

And you would have understood that running away would have caused the other world to get fucked up?.. He had given the world a lot, helped the Alternative IV, and developed the XM3... What can 1 man do?.. His consiquences were nothing you would have come up with, or anyone else other then Yuuko, who knew the most about his case, and the consequnces
    Tell Yuuko about BETA attack from Sadogashima > OMNAMNAMNAM scene > run away
    Tell Yuuko about Shuttle packed with explosives from orbit falling > lower Tama's father's political standing giving Sagiri the perfect chance to rebel > soldiers rebel
    Tell Yuuko that a bunch of trained soldiers should do the volcano 'mission' > soldiers gas, kidnap, and beat some of them. Sagiri gets pissed off > rebellion erupts

And that's just the easy stuff. In the beginning (as in before the coup) he was kinda doing different things (see what he was telling Yuuko to do) for the sake of doing different things just to see if the world changes (which is completely rash). And he wouldn't accept the responsibility (as in admit that it was a problem he caused) for any of this.

He should know what it takes?.. It's easy to say you will kill everyone who gets in your way, if it's for the greater good.. It sure is easy.. Just as Archer did in Fate/Stay night.. But he broke himself little by little, after killing and killing..
    I didn't say any of that.

About Archer: his problem was that he wasn't doing his original ideal but just became a killer pretty much. 'at that point I was killing more then I saved' or something.

Takeru.. And lazy?!.. That's the best laugh of the day, like really.. Takeru worked tirelessly to make things work. The lack of conviction was completely understandable, and it shouldn't be called lazyness, in any way.
    Wow. You just completely missed the point. I was making an analogy about getting yourself into a position then complaining about it. The analogy had no relation to the game. I could just as easily say joining the police or something and then saying it's not for you after seeing something you don't like or perhaps joining the armed forces (willingly) and then complaining about getting injured.
    Last edited by Cruor; July 12th, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Oh right.

Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Cruor is very nice

夜魔 Nightmare
    No he had knowledge of things that would happen and started to use that knowledge but he did not know what would happen and did it anyway. And when things like the surprise BETA attack on the base (and not even afterwords technically. During the whole incident he was whining about why that was happening) or the freaking coup d'etat started happening he started complaining. He was complaining about his own actions/faults while at the same time saying he shouldn't be the one held responsible.
    Guess you missed my point there.. He knew WHAT would happen if he didn't take action, and he completed the hard part by helping with the ''bottleneck''..
    He just expressed his opinion on WHY the shit that was going on in Coup' was a whole lot of bullocks, and was pissed off, as it was the reason WHY people were still losing to the beta... And hell he wasn't complainin about his own actions or faults at all, don't know where you got the idea.. And not even once did he think that he shouldn't be held responsible for the thing.. Not even once.
    Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean the mountain/volcano?
    Missed my point there.. I meant that as a base to start their coup' (reason.) .
    Not really. The elderly people their were kidnapped in there sleep, beaten up, and sent to camps little better then concentration ones. Takeru knew this would happen. Meanwhile, after hearing this happened Sagiri raged his ass off and started the rebellion.
    Beaten up?.. You really think they will put the elderly people to sleep, beat their asses, and then throw them into camps?.. You didn't think this through..
    They were taken against their WILL, but they couldn't do anything against it, as they were sleeping.. They just woke up in camps, where they didn't have their posessions, and were just at the mercy of the government.
    And he kinda only placed that burden on himself because he saw 3 years of action... hundreds of miles from the defense lines. He's kinda arrogant. I said that before.
    Arrogant?.. If you knew that humans would leave the planet in 30 years.. And you would have a idea how to stop it.. Oh no you wouldn't think that the idea would do any good, as it was you who thought about it.. correct?.. Being confident in your knowledge, since when is it called arrogance?
    No. he kinda mentions during the start of the game and during the endish parts that he's lived in the UL/AL world too long. Even in UL he was unsure how he'd react if he were able to get back.
    No he doesn't .. He said that he ''Doesn't want to see Alternative V happen again'' .. Now think about it.. Did he manage to prevent it?.. Yes he did..
    And hell can't you understand that the whole reason why he thought that he doesn't want to see it again, is cause he had no idea how to leave the world.. Simple..
    Because he remembered his feelings for Sumika! .... Which he kinda only remembered after seeing all his friends die with perhaps one of them getting sent to another world for eleven or so different world. Whoever was the last one to die/get sent back somehow gave Takeru so much willpower/grief he pretty much reincarnated with all his abilities and skills. And with limited knowledge (As some of it was deleted).
    Wrong.. So wrong.. It's pretty obvious that you don't have a idea of how muvluv was, and that you didn't live into it..
    Who was the ''Cause'' for his loops? .. Since when was Takeru himself responsible for the loops?..
    The reason why he looped was cause of the Sumika in alternative world... He was looped cause he every single time chose someone other than Sumika, and Sumika was the one striken in grief and sorrow... And out of jealousy she erased the memories.

Well he should freaking know that's not the case since the coup d'etat from the very beginning should never have happened.
    Into the unknown you go.. Every person with a logical mind (And military knowledge.) would understand the connections... And oh well in the times of war against humans, you should trust your every day moto ''Friendship, effort and teamwork'' ... Naive.. Sooo naive.. Takeru actually trusted Ayamine, and you bringing up something like that, asking Takeru to have blind faith towards friendship.. Then be cold blooded, only caring for his objective... Contradictions much?
    When he picks a fight with Tsukuyomi the first(?) time they met (it was definitely their first argument I think unless I'm confusing Tsukuyomi for Meiya). Meanwhile Takeru was more along to listening to Walken's thoughts.
    OBVIOUSLY.. Walken had the same view as Takeru.. Why the hell should there be a coup', and a needless waste of resources, while we are being eaten by BETAs.. Cmon..
    That's the funny thing the person from Imperial Japan had a more democratic view from the person from America. Tell me, if a country had to fight something (say, BETA) yet no one actually expects to win in the very first place would you give up your own personal freedom and thoughts (and don't say yeah. Because you are right now saying Takeru has the right to this)? What she was saying is that they should not have been under American (technically, the UN, but we kinda know America takes most of the control of that) control (oppression really). And as for why it is so democratic? Well, if they did say, take over. And the people taken over say 'adapts' (because peoples strong feelings against something often subside after time) to that rule then it's all okay, right? Well, that's what the Communists did. How can you call that democracy? The Americans are kinda assholes in this story and Takeru was kinda agreeing with this.
    Takeru didn't agree with this lol.. Do you think that if Japan would have accepted Americas help, Japan would suddenly be ''under'' America?.. Tsukoyomi exaggerated, and between 2 extremes, Takeru couldn't choose either... As neither of those would be correct '' Death, or slaves'' ... In all honesty things weren't like that as I said..
    The americans aren't assholes either.. Walken had the right point.. It is kinda sad though that there were a couple of ''spies'' in Walkens group who opened fire.. The ones leading America were the assholes.

Tell Yuuko about BETA attack from Sadogashima > OMNAMNAMNAM scene > run away
    Tell Yuuko about Shuttle packed with explosives from orbit falling > lower Tama's father's political standing giving Sagiri the perfect chance to rebel > soldiers rebel
    Tell Yuuko that a bunch of trained soldiers should do the volcano 'mission' > soldiers gas, kidnap, and beat some of them. Sagiri gets pissed off > rebellion erupts

And that's just the easy stuff. In the beginning (as in before the coup) he was kinda doing different things (see what he was telling Yuuko to do) for the sake of doing different things just to see if the world changes (which is completely rash). And he wouldn't accept the responsibility (as in admit that it was a problem he caused) for any of this.
    The ones in the top take responsiblity, if you didn't understand that.. And Takeru UNDERSTOOD his part... And he learned about it MUCH LATER.. When he started to accept the responsiblity... He can't take responsibilty for things he didn't know that happened... And in the end it was Yuuko who created those events..
    The HSST stopping thing didn't do anything bad.. Sagiri didn't gain anything from that.. Just wondering where you came up with that.
    And the ''Volcano'' thing was what upset Sagiri the most.

I didn't say any of that.
    About Archer: his problem was that he wasn't doing his original ideal but just became a killer pretty much. 'at that point I was killing more then I saved' or something.
    You didn't say anything about that?.. You're talking about how Takeru should have done this and that with no remorse, and just coldly save the world, without caring for anything other than the objective... And hell that's what's wrong with what you say.
    Wow. You just completely missed the point. I was making an analogy about getting yourself into a position then complaining about it. The analogy had no relation to the game. I could just as easily say joining the police or something and then saying it's not for you after seeing something you don't like or perhaps joining the armed forces (willingly) and then complaining about getting injured.
    When did Takeru complain about getting injured?.. When?.. And when did he willingly join the army?. The point is that he didn't want it.. H.. He gave it his best, and acted as a realistically as possible..

You make some strange unfitting connections, which aren't exactly true.. And you obviously haven't gotten too deep into Alternative.. Makes me wonder why you're even trying... And it's also quite annoying that you're asking about the same topics as before, but make different arguments about it..
    You should just be open minded, accept my view, and play through Alternative.. This time try to get into character, and forget what happened before.
    Last edited by geenius3ab; July 12th, 2011 at 12:02 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

I want to continue this game, I really do.

But I just know EVERYBODY'S GOING TO DIE IN HORRIFIC WAYS, and I don't wanna see that. I still like some of those characters.

Just got past the Sadogashima arc, and I just know they're all gonna be whittled down, one by one, because the guys who made this game are sadistic bastards.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Guess you missed my point there.. He knew WHAT would happen if he didn't take action, and he completed the hard part by helping with the ''bottleneck''..
    He just expressed his opinion on WHY the shit that was going on in Coup' was a whole lot of bullocks, and was pissed off, as it was the reason WHY people were still losing to the beta.
    No. From the very beginning humanity has been expected to lose to the BETA. They were literally only expecting to survive for another 10 years. What they're doing is nothing but creating noise.

And hell he wasn't complainin about his own actions or faults at all
    He was indirectly complaining about his own faults and actions without realizing it (or rather he realized it but was ignoring it).

Beaten up?.. You really think they will put the elderly people to sleep, beat their asses, and then throw them into camps?.. You didn't think this through..
    They were taken against their WILL, but they couldn't do anything against it, as they were sleeping.. They just woke up in camps, where they didn't have their posessions, and were just at the mercy of the government.
    Some of them actually struggled. lrn2alternativemanga (which is written by the author. it even gives us cool random tidbits like Walken's TSF was sabotaged [most likely by the person who attacked during the Sagiri-Meiya discussion] and Kasumi's real name). If it was just taken and gassed Sagiri might have took it but some of them kinda missed the initial gassing. The concentration camps and the few beating put him off the edge.

Arrogant?.. If you knew that humans would leave the planet in 30 years.. And you would have a idea how to stop it.. Oh no you wouldn't think that the idea would do any good, as it was you who thought about it.. correct?.. Being confident in your knowledge, since when is it called arrogance?
    Except he didn't actually have any knowledge. He had no experience at all. This kinda shows itself big time during the surprise attack on the base.

Oh just looked through it I found some pretty good bits.
    Argue with veteran officers > break off the argument saying you know everything they're saying > veteran officer tells them to go get supplies > Takeru tells Chizuru (his superior officer) to tell everyone to get supplies (this argument was kinda just being broadcasted to everyone so she already heard what the vet said and Takeru went and said it anyway just to say he had authority or something) > "Eh? (surprised that he was giving her an order and that Takeru was arguing with a vet in the middle of battle) > "Don't tell me you're high!?" "you know what we gotta do, right!?" (Takeru said these lines when she stuttered) he then freaking reexplains it to her like she's an idiot. Oh and, by the way, he uses the exact same lines that was just used on him (in other words he took the vets lines, who was just yelling at him 40 seconds ago, and then used them on Chizuru) Oh and ten seconds later....

No he doesn't .. He said that he ''Doesn't want to see Alternative V happen again'' .. Now think about it.. Did he manage to prevent it?.. Yes he did..
    And hell can't you understand that the whole reason why he thought that he doesn't want to see it again, is cause he had no idea how to leave the world.. Simple..
    When the BETA attacks he outright says "give back our Earth give back all those people" with the screen flashing back to the ending CG's of UL with the heroines crying. Seems to me cared quite a bit about that.

Wrong.. So wrong.. It's pretty obvious that you don't have a idea of how muvluv was, and that you didn't live into it..
    Who was the ''Cause'' for his loops? .. Since when was Takeru himself responsible for the loops?..
    The reason why he looped was cause of the Sumika in alternative world... He was looped cause he every single time chose someone other than Sumika, and Sumika was the one striken in grief and sorrow... And out of jealousy she erased the memories.

Alternative Sumika watches Extraverse > watches Takeru pick someone besides Sumika (most likely Meiya as she's the only one actually required to play before continuing the game) > gets annoyed so she taps into EX-Sumika's feelign modifies it by a billion and resets the world to October 22nd (or 21st can't really rememeber) > Takeru chooses all 4 (really six. Marimo and hidden Mikoto end) other heroines and resets each time > Takeru finally chooses Sumika > AL Sumika isn't satified and brings him to her world making him a Causality Conductor at the same time > Takeru then goes through the story and chooses a heroine and resets > during scenes which spur lots of emotions give his Causality Conductor abilities a large chance of remembering things in the AL world (Naked Mikoto, Tama shooting the plane, sleeping with Ayamine and Chizuru, and teaming up with Meiya and destroying the mountain. Fucking them and them crying) which he remembers at random points in AL (AL Sumika actually outright deleted these memories and he seriously remembered them this is because things that spurred more emotions in him he was more likely to remember) > final world before AL is most likely Meiya (hers is the only 'required' one [really none of them are required for AL] + Takeru's reaction when he first sees Meiya in AL. it still could be any of the heroines) and when she got on the immigrant ship Takeru somehow felt so much willpower (the willpower Yuuko always talks about)/emotion/regret/whatever that he somehow remembers all of his abilities and a large portion of his memories > UL Takeru meanwhile dies fighting against Fort Class in a Gekishin > AL Takeru remembers almost everything before the immigrant ships get sent off > These feelings somehow always reawakened Takeru's feelings for Sumika (this is why he never remembered going through Sumika route in UL)

That's what happened. They spelled this out so many freaking time Takeru himself realized. And he spent a good portion of the game saying he'd rather believe that he just came from Sumika route's world and denied that he came from others.

Into the unknown you go.. Every person with a logical mind (And military knowledge.) would understand the connections... And oh well in the times of war against humans, you should trust your every day moto ''Friendship, effort and teamwork'' ... Naive.. Sooo naive.. Takeru actually trusted Ayamine, and you bringing up something like that, asking Takeru to have blind faith towards friendship.. Then be cold blooded, only caring for his objective... Contradictions much?
    Meanwhile Yuuko was just smirking? Seriously Yuuko knew what she was doing. She would have known if Ayamine was a spy. Not only that Ayamine, from the very begininng was kinda a hostage so they don't rebel. That just proves they have the resolve to actually go through with the rebellion (hell, Ayamine's own brother was involved in the fucking Coup and he still went with it despite her hostage status).

Takeru didn't agree with this lol.. Do you think that if Japan would have accepted Americas help, Japan would suddenly be ''under'' America?.. Tsukoyomi exaggerated, and between 2 extremes, Takeru couldn't choose either... As neither of those would be correct '' Death, or slaves'' ... In all honesty things weren't like that as I said..
    Uhh.... That's kinda what happened in actual history.

The americans aren't assholes either.. Walken had the right point.. It is kinda sad though that there were a couple of ''spies'' in Walkens group who opened fire.. The ones leading America were the assholes.
    I know not all of them were but the CIA were going around doing nothing but causing more chaos.

The ones in the top take responsiblity, if you didn't understand that.. And Takeru UNDERSTOOD his part... And he learned about it MUCH LATER.. When he started to accept the responsiblity... He can't take responsibilty for things he didn't know that happened... And in the end it was Yuuko who created those events..
    Except Takeru kinda just went around doing the opposite just to see if he could change the world.

The HSST stopping thing didn't do anything bad.. Sagiri didn't gain anything from that.. Just wondering where you came up with that.
    And the ''Volcano'' thing was what upset Sagiri the most.
    The UN (specifically a group Genjousai seemed to have been commanding) were specifically monitoring Sagiri's actions (and his 'groups') and deemed it to be very pressing. Mikoto's father found out himself because he was getting info from the UN (I think by spying or he was getting info by leaks or something). The UN were intending to take action before Sagiri initiated the Coup but Undersecretary Genjousai had his authority/position questioned after what seemed to be a leak in their plans to test Yokohama's security (when it's really just Takeru who knows the future). Making him unable to stop Sagiri.

You didn't say anything about that?.. You're talking about how Takeru should have done this and that with no remorse, and just coldly save the world, without caring for anything other than the objective... And hell that's what's wrong with what you say.
    I never said no remorse. You're putting words into my mouth. I said that he should be able to make a decision without crying for a third option.

When did Takeru complain about getting injured?.. When?.. And when did he willingly join the army?. The point is that he didn't want it.. H.. He gave it his best, and acted as a realistically as possible..

You make some strange unfitting connections, which aren't exactly true.. And you obviously haven't gotten too deep into Alternative.. Makes me wonder why you're even trying... And it's also quite annoying that you're asking about the same topics as before, but make different arguments about it..
    You should just be open minded, accept my view, and play through Alternative.. This time try to get into character, and forget what happened before.

You cannot be that stupid. You're trolling, right? I mean, I just outright said before that the analogies doesn't actually have to do with anything in the game, right? I said that the putting yourself into a position and then complaining about being in the position is stupid, right? So why did you go and make the same mistake as your other post again?

Oh yeah, and that's a funny thing about me not getting into Alternative. I most certainly had comprehended what I was reading and wasn't just believing our POV.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

夜魔 Nightmare
    Geez answering every single question is a drag, and that also spoils everyone experience, if they would like to play MuvLuv..
    Now I try to summarize my answer as best as I can.
    Takeru didn't know everything about it.. And everyone would actually find it hard to believe, if all the shit that happened to Takeru would happen to you.. There were sooo many fucking absurd cases, that would anyone go mad... The amazing thing was that he didn't go crazy...
    Takeru did what WAS NEEDED.. He sucked it up, didn't complain... You maybe didn't understand that Takeru really didn't have the conviction before ''it'' happened. And after that he did everything what was needed... Looking for a ''third option'' as you call it.. I guess that you do it all the time, and the choices are of wordly importance?... Destroy a whole village, or let the ''plague'' spread.. Ofc you wouldn't look for a third option..
    Did Takeru know that Ayamine WASN'T a spy?.. Or should he trust Yuuko blindly (which isn't the best thing to do, considering what she has done.).
    You're really saying that Takeru should just do every single thing he is asked, without thinking (Not look for a third option.)..

And ofc Takeru cared for the world, I never said that he didn't.. His real world just had a higher priority, which is also why he ran, cause he had a chance. Which in reality he didn't... He had no where to go, other than forward in the end... And he even had a reason to stay in the world, in the end.. But he lost it soon after.
    Tamases father couldn't have subdued the rebelion, as he was part of the UN + He didn't get too many privileges from Tama shooting down the HSST... It was a Imperial matter.
    Hell I could go on and on, and knock back every single ''argument'' of yours... But your views certainly go a bit too much like ''Yuuko knew everything that would happen'', ''He shouldn't be looking for a third way out, even in the most gruesome choices (Like a machine..)''.

Edit: You're saying that humanity already gave up to BETAs?.. Hell.. You're completely wrong as one can be.. Like honestly do you think it would be the correct time to start a coup' while there is 60% of the earth covered with areas full of betas?.. Their attitude, and wastefulness, will cost it big..
    And now come and tell me that ''in the game humanity already gave up'' .. Alternative is about humanity NOT giving up.

@Eddyak As much as I understand, you're the same as me, who can get into the visual novel.. In which case I still think that you should go through with it... As it just is a experience that you have to go through... Although the ''real'' end .. After everything ends.. Is kinda annoying, as it kind of stomps on the ending that you're fearing..
    Last edited by geenius3ab; July 12th, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post

I want to continue this game, I really do.

But I just know EVERYBODY'S GOING TO DIE IN HORRIFIC WAYS, and I don't wanna see that. I still like some of those characters.

Just got past the Sadogashima arc, and I just know they're all gonna be whittled down, one by one, because the guys who made this game are sadistic bastards.
    Don't worry, be positive! ( ´∀`) Focus not on the characters' deaths but on what they achieved in their lives. Because characters aren't defined by their deaths, but by their characterization.

deadfish
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
    Asking a huge favour here. Since heavy googling has turned up nothing on a Chronicles 01 translation, would it be possible for someone who has played it to post a summary of The Day After, just to get a feel for what happens? Thanks a lot in advance.
    Ask somebody on /m/? Those people know their stuff about the side stories. Well some of them do.

Basic idea is, massive G-bomb bombing causes unexpected effects, as in MASSIVE TSUNAMI, so pretty much most of the world except for America/Canada and maybe Australia (I forgot) is under water. So anyway life sucks, food shortages, no land, and France/Canada declaring war on the US-Japanese alliance. But hey, it looked like there were no more BETA left at the time.

Main character and his group, who happened to be on board a US carrier around which picked them up on after the tsunami hit, decided to help out their pals during a French attack and thanks to them, their US friends are able to escape. But anyway, the problem is making the trek all the way back to friendly (livable) land and at the end of it, only two of them made it back. But they're kind of a wreck, and the main character has some sort of forgotten trauma over there.

Anyway, some time during or after, the BETA make a reappearance.

During one such attack at the beginning of the story in Chronicles 02, Hibiki, the MC, after some time of hospitalization, gets called into action at Seattle (which is one of the two locations where the Japanese forces are located, the other being Hawaii which is where the Japanese government is). After the results of the battle, he gets called in by Marimo and becomes her direct subordinate, along with his former squadmate, a Canadian pilot that defected to the Imperial Army, and a young newcomer.

The story from there is pretty much Hibiki seeing and learning about the state of the world, Japanese civilian unrest, American discontent and politics, serious lack of manpower (to the extent of lowering the draft age to age 10? I think), and whatnot, and thinking about his role.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    @Eddyak As much as I understand, you're the same as me, who can get into the visual novel.. In which case I still think that you should go through with it... As it just is a experience that you have to go through... Although the ''real'' end .. After everything ends.. Is kinda annoying, as it kind of stomps on the ending that you're fearing..
    Just finished it (unless there are extra scenes or something), and I completely agree. Sorta like HF crossed with a train crash- you know it's gonna be 50% PURE EPIC, and 50% PURE AGONY, and fuck knows how it's gonna end, but you just... can't... look... away!

Spoiler:
    At the end there, I was expecting Marimo to get killed, or a basketball hoop thing to drop on Sumika's head, or Takeru would just look up, and all of a sudden, MASSIVE METEOR WITH TENTACLES FALLING OUT OF THE SKY or something. Feels a little unsatisfying, since every damn time you thought something good was happening, half a dozen bad things would happen and the creators would be all "TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA LET THEM BE HAPPY DIDN'T YOU, SUCKER?! THINK AGAIN", and I suppose I was just expecting more of the same.

Something that annoys me, though- They said Yashiro was bred specifically for Alternative III, and all of a sudden she shows up in Takeru's homeworld. Just speculation, but if the BETA hadn't attacked, she wouldn't exist, would she?

But yeah, DO WANT Meiya's sister. Apparently you only get to do her in one of the chronicles or something. Sadface.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Just finished it (unless there are extra scenes or something), and I completely agree. Sorta like HF crossed with a train crash- you know it's gonna be 50% PURE EPIC, and 50% PURE AGONY, and fuck knows how it's gonna end, but you just... can't... look... away!

Spoiler:
    At the end there, I was expecting Marimo to get killed, or a basketball hoop thing to drop on Sumika's head, or Takeru would just look up, and all of a sudden, MASSIVE METEOR WITH TENTACLES FALLING OUT OF THE SKY or something. Feels a little unsatisfying, since every damn time you thought something good was happening, half a dozen bad things would happen and the creators would be all "TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA LET THEM BE HAPPY DIDN'T YOU, SUCKER?! THINK AGAIN", and I suppose I was just expecting more of the same.

Something that annoys me, though- They said Yashiro was bred specifically for Alternative III, and all of a sudden she shows up in Takeru's homeworld. Just speculation, but if the BETA hadn't attacked, she wouldn't exist, would she?

But yeah, DO WANT Meiya's sister. Apparently you only get to do her in one of the chronicles or something. Sadface.
    Well... there is this fandisk, which seems to be sort of a "continuation" of the Alternative end? Definitely seems to hint at some "twin route".

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Either that, or two routes, exactly the same, with just the names swapped out.

Doesn't look as if the english-speaking world's gonna get to play it any time soon, though, so not as if it matters...
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

夜魔 Nightmare
    I personally didn't like Altered fable.. It felt kinda tiresome, and i didn't like it for the same reason I didn't like the ''end'' of Alternative (When he ''gets'' back.).

I didn't read either, but I know a bit what it is about.
    Also, I heard that Total Eclipse might get an anime adaptation, is this true?

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilich View Post
    I didn't read either, but I know a bit what it is about.
    Also, I heard that Total Eclipse might get an anime adaptation, is this true?
    If what I heard is correct, then yes, Total Eclipse will (Might... Don't know if my friends information is correct.) have a anime..

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ^^I mentioned it before. Kouki has been hinting it. But not confirming it. The site that leaked the To Love Ru second season said it is gonna get one.

Still writing out reply to geenius.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

Well, I look forward to it. I want to see Cryska.

Also, I wonder if soviets will be the main force in Alternative 2, if it'll happen. Imagine a whole army of Cryskas capable of IFF.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write that, arai. ლ(╹◡╹)ლ