Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FANTASIA 3000

Blog Entries

FANTASIA 3000

FANTASIA 3|000
    ~Legacy of the Stars~

Thousands of years ago, there existed an ocean of Stars across the sky. The world lived in peace, happiness blossoming in everyone's hearts
    when the notion of conflict did not exist.

However, one day something changed. The stars on the sky were stolen, and the future of the world became suffused in chaos.

The Gods abandoned their heavenly thrones and lost themselves in the rage of battle, destroying the gates that maintained the balance of the world and prevented its collapse.

Now, all roads look murky, and the memory of hope has been lost. The skies serve as guide to noone, and the Truth has vanished like a faint illusion.

As a new light buds upon the grey horizon, the people no longer hope for it to save them.

Salvation, or Ruin...?

Just which is it, that the Etrangers bring?

1058 AE, The Starless World

Once upon a time, on a certain day, a vast plain under an endless gray sky shook with the tremors of battle.

"Push forward, maggots! I want those monsters dead FIVE AGES AGO!"
    The deep bellow echoed across the burning battlefield, the commander's cry overpowering the deafening sounds of shells impacting against steel and the lightning that flashed from the weapons of the soldiers.

A thousand years had passed, and still the presence of a commander would dominate the battlefield.
    The soldiers roared, raising their weapons and pointing at the numberless hordes assailing them. They flew through the air, creatures the size of man but monstrous in shape, each and everyone of them only wishing the death of the insignificant individuals below them.

Hundreds of years ago, these men would have feared the existence of these ferocious creatures.

However...

There were many things that could change in a millennium.

One of the soldiers raised their weapon, a large rectangle-like device that he strapped over the shoulder. He aimed the strange device at the beings as they were about to pounce on their position, and the tool glowed with a burning energy like the light of the sun.

In moments, the horde of monsters was cleaved in twain by a beam of light that shot from the weapon and flew to the heavens, a thunderclap of energy sending flying those lucky to have escaped the center of the blast.

All over the battlefield, the phenomenon repeated itself. The monsters were shorn down by beams of light that lanced through the skies, fantastic spears that turned the creatures into charred skeletons and ashes scattered through the sky.

The flying horde pulled back, and the soldiers pushed forward. More creatures still rose to face them, this time large canine-like beings easily as big as twenty men piled together.

They roared, and from their eyes and thick fur long arcs of lightning erupted, bathing the creatures in an infernal light.

The soldiers fired, from their strange rifles that shot incandescent beams and their large lances of death, but the barrage proved not enough against the monsters that shielded themselves with the might of the arcane, with strength and speed that defied the realm of science and common sense. The creatures roared and despite their burnt muscles blotted the skies with their bodies with every leap, getting closer to their prey.

However, the commander from before did not look fazed. He simply raised one hand, took out a strange device emitting a strange sound, and shouted into it. "Juggernauts, fire at will!"

The next moment, there was a white flash that had every soldier glance down for a moment, before several tremors shook the earth.

When the light faded, the soldiers lifted their heads and saw the fate of the monsters that had pounced. Red smoke lifted into the air, as the battlefield was marked by a field of craters where beasts had once stood.

However, though whatever had killed the monsters had stopped firing, the earth continued to quake.

The soldiers turned back as one, feeling a sudden fierce wind from behind. It was then that they saw the steel giants that cast a shadow over the land, the ferrous legion of creatures that looked like a man made of steel.

One such being approached the soldiers, so large that a single foot could flatten a man into fine paste. Its broad torso loomed over the soldiers as massive arms bearing flashing tools of destruction swung over the battlefield, occasionally firing another shot that burned so bright it could not be looked at directly.

And then... The creature spoke.

"This is Juggernaut One, all Hero-class targets have been slain. Light 'em up, flyboys!"

The titan's shout was followed by a roar that shook the air, and the soldiers laid down their arms to watch in awe as from the distant horizon, a flight of black iron birds arrived to deliver a final sentence upon the monsters.

Tiny lights descended upon the mass of monsters in the distance... Before those same lights became swelling orbs of destruction, a red death that engulfed the flying horde of thousands and caused the starless sky to glimpse a vision of the sun.

The clash between man and monster ended in death once again, but no longer was it man that lamented its weakness. For hundreds of years, they had fought with swords. For ages, they had sought to master the magic that came so naturally to the other beings. At every turn, they had failed in every effort they pursued.

But they had learned from their mistakes.

And with a thousand years, even the weakest man may find a way to fell a giant.

The titanic Collossus swung one arm, its sensors spotting another of the creatures rising from the ashes of its comrades. The lights on its body came to life, pulses of energy flowing from its deepest core towards the glowing muzzle of its arm.

With struendous steps, it took aim at that behemoth-

"Taste the power of Steel, Rufus!"

-And fired another lance to swallow everything in its light.

---

A thousand years ago, the world of Merisphelia suffered a great change.

After a massive war between a combined alliance from nations all over the world and the Demon Army at the height of its power, the very fabric of reality that upheld the laws of Merisphelia suffered a tear, opening a scar in the world that led to dimensions beyond space and time.

Within that gigantic gap, the possibility of a new future was opened.

It was with the light that had been sparked from their advances and the devices found within that eldritch tear that the humans were enlightened, and with their inspiration an influx of ideas came rushing into this world.

Years passed, and the world attained an understanding of things it could have never imagined had existed. Magic, Battle, Culture, Technology. All four were nurtured, soaring in comparison to the stagnation that had plagued them millennia ago. Borders shifted and nations rose and fell, but as time passed civilizations only grew bigger and stronger.

In the continent of Halterre, the Ferrum Imperium rose to dominance. With their gigantic Colossi and bearing the torch of Technology, they quickly conquered any foe that opposed them and forged the most populous empire in the world, counting billions of human souls under their borders. Preaching the might of humankind, the nation they have forged has already surpassed the Steel Empire of the past.

Opposing them in the island-continent that makes up the western half of Halterre is the Magic Kingdom of Agarta, first in Culture and Magic alike. A beautiful land rich in magic, its leaders have mastered the mysteries of the arcane and even the weakest human in its borders is capable of using the phenomenon of magic which had seemed so unreachable many eras ago.

In another continent, the warriors of the Niezlith Empire train day and night amidst hellish wastelands and monster-filled reservoirs, testing their rough bodies and honing their very souls into fine weapons to destroy any enemy in their path. Honoring the legacy of their ancestral God-Emperor, they devote themselves to endless battle and conflict, and praise martial strength over all else.

From the eastern fringe of those lands, the nation of Tokushu watches its allied neighbors with exasperated fondness, even as they work with the divine creature Orochi to uphold balance across the world. Though small, the people Tokushu number many indeed, and countless are the troops that move all over the world settling disputes and bringing peace to lawless lands.

In the other half of the world, the legacy of the Dragonheart shines bright. The Grand Dragon Alliance, a dream made real- A nation of Humans, Elementals, Demons and Monsters living under the same sky, sharing the same laws and treating each other equally. A bastion of civilization and power, the descendants of the Last Hero work against all odds to build a nation that matches the vision of their honored ancestor.

Watching over them all is the Empire that has dominated both Heaven and Earth. Thanks to the efforts of Haeos the Metatron and the Dawn Empress, Angel and Devil finally managed to see eye to eye with each other and united in one almighty nation. Led by the eternal and immortal Dawn Empress, they strive to rebuild and remake the Angel Empire of old in a better shape, all the while they keep watch over the Grand Order and make sure no world-ending calamity will return to the planet.

And in the shadows, beings long forgotten stir back to life. Though they are remnants, mere embers of their past glory, the Demons will never give up on their will to live, and they will never stop aiming to stand at the top of the world. Though they live under the shadows of the races that have left them behind in the past, the Demon Lords have not forgotten- And they have not weakened at all.

All of these great factions will suddenly come to a great and massive clash when a new discovery shakes the entire world, and forces them into action.

In the middle of that chaos... You were there.

Under that starless sky...

...You were definitely there.

---

What is this?
    Read up on this rulebook and find out!

Looks cool, but where can I find more on this?
    I haven't compiled a list with lore from the past RPs, but you can find the previous rulebook for Fantasia 2 here, together with a lot of info on miscellaneous stuff.

How many characters will you be accepting?
    Five players, with one twist- Players can choose to submit their sheets as a joint effort by picking the same faction. If that happens and their sheets are elected, then the two of them will count as a single team and will be accepted as 1 slot, with the caveat that they will be updated together as part of the same army. That means that if players choose to go as teams, up to 10 may actually get to join.

Help, I don't get XXX!
    Just hit me up right here in the OOC, PM me if it's a private question, or better hit me up by IRC in IRCHighWay, we hang out at #regalia.
    Last edited by Erlkonig; January 14th, 2017 at 01:58 AM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    This is a public warning.

the absolute madman

And here I thought i'd have time to work on my quest this weekend.

Erl, you actually did it, the absolute madman.

But I'm just happy you're back and do stuff. So expect a sheet coming!
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    you're kidding
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Didn't expect you to go through with it honestly but I've got a lot of fantasia ideas to burn so flopping in as always, just need to figure out a way to reconcile this idea with the new info...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vritra View Post
    Didn't expect you to go through with it honestly but I've got a lot of fantasia ideas to burn so flopping in as always, just need to figure out a way to reconcile this idea with the new info...
    If there's anything you need help with, hit me up.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Btw I'm the one that rolls for level result, whenever dice are brought up.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Erl, are the age of angels and devils still 200 years old? Also, what happens when more than two people submits sheet on the same faction? Say, four people submits sheet for Imperium, but only two are in "official" teamwork. How does this work?
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by palad1n View Post
    Erl, are the age of angels and devils still 200 years old? Also, what happens when more than two people submits sheet on the same faction? Say, four people submits sheet for Imperium, but only two are in "official" teamwork. How does this work?
    Normally, yes. A little higher due to the fact that with advances in magical research the genetic makeup of Angels and Devils have been enhanced, as they are no longer cripplingly weak to their opposing element. Think something like 250-300 years now on average.

Also, important/affluent enough figures may be really old thanks to advanced life-extension technology and anti-aging treatments, which have mostly been perfected by the Dawn Empire as they have their Empress' immortality to use as a source of samples.

If four people submit sheets for Imperium and only two are in teamwork, it will either be a contest between the three or I will ask the two others if they wouldn't mind teaming up, and then it would be a contest between two.

This is because I am hoping to get faction diversity going on.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

I'm feeling so indecisive about faction I'm wondering if I should just list out all my ideas and just see who wants to team up with me...

Blog Entries

Faction Leaders

Ferrum Imperium, Conqueror Faction

Lord General Cadmus Tigris
    Level: 30
    Skills of Note: Master Tactician, Colossus Pilot
    "The world was pushed to the brink of destruction not once, but twice by the arrogant who believed that their magic would make them Gods. If I must become the ultimate evil to prevent them from ending our world a third time, then so be it."

Cadmus is a high-ranking Noble in the Ferrum Imperium and the commanding officer of the bulk of Imperium Forces that have ventured into the Starless World. His family come from a long line of politicians and commanders within the empire, and Cadmus is no different. Ever since he was little, he was trained in the arts of war so that he could become an excellent commander.

As the leader of the Imperal Army which is under the command of the ruling party within the Imperium, also known as the "Conqueror Faction", Cadmus believes in the superiority of the Imperium over the other states in the world and aims to bring the entirety of the Starless World under the grip of the Ferrum Imperium. Though the Ferrum Imperium has always been infamous for their tendency to act as a police state and being aggressively expansionist, he remains unfailingly firm on his belief that his path is the righteous one.

When he was a young child, Cadmus read the events which had transpired a thousand years ago, where the Demons had almost caused the end of the world in their attempt to master a form of magic that could only be said to be divine in level. Realizing after reading yet more history books that the same phenomenon had given shape to the world as they knew it, he soon understood a terrible fact-

-Another mistake made by those who wished to unveil the secrets of magic could easily cause their entire history to vanish, just like the Angel Empire of old had.

Thus, when the Starless World was discovered, a realm lying in the void between dimensions containing wondrous remnants of distant worlds, he decided that he would take matters into his own hands and seal away all of its magic, for the good of the universe.

If that meant he had to defeat all the opponents in his way... Then all he could do was suppress his grievances, and mourn the sacrifices that would save this world when it all came to an end.

Cadmus Tigris, while not a legendary warrior by any means, is more than capable of holding his own against assassins with the advanced technology of the Imperium at his disposal. If he must ever take command on the field, then he will do so from his personal, customized Mars Pattern Colossus unit, an engine of technological might that has been repurposed to be as fast as it is deadly.

His greatest strength however is his incredible tactical acumen and the near-infinite amount of strategic resources at his disposal. Boasting the greatest manpower across all the forces in the Starless World and counting with all of the Imperium's cutting edge technology, there is no doubt that without the other factions there to stop him, his armies would quickly conquer the inhabitants of the foreign dimension.

Ferrum Imperium, Conciliator Faction

Imperial Prince Erich Manlius Torquatus
    Level: 18
    Skills of Note: Perserverance, Motus Draconis Omega (Sealed)
    "I know that I'm too weak to make it happen! I know that my fist isn't strong enough to end these wars... But I'll never give up! I'll hit this wall as many times as it takes... And one day, I'll tear down the curse of hatred that brings nothing but pain to this universe!"

Prince Erich has always been the laughing stock of the Imperial Family. He failed to graduate from the Officer's Academy with spectacularly bad grades, his teachers calling him a 'naive blockhead with a brain full of hot air', his talent with spellcasting is completely null, and despite having been subjected to the same bone-breaking training regiment as his siblings, his talent in battle is mediocre, barely above the average of your run of the mill soldier.

As the second son of the Imperator, he was always regarded with disdain by the nobility when compared to his older brother, a man seemingly gifted in every aspect that his brother lacked. However, despite having lived constantly being looked down upon and mocked at by others, Erich never lost faith in himself. He continued to train his body to its limits, never faltering even when he only achieved minimal gains.

That was because when he had been little, Erich had made a promise. He'd promised someone that one day, he would become a great knight like the Steel Dragoon of legend and stop the wars that continued to spread sadness across the world. He swore that he would become a man among men, and work to fix the Imperium from within to make it a nation that sought peace instead of conflict.

For a long time, all of his efforts were spurned and the world laughed at him. All until a certain day.

When Kytos Argonaut, the strongest human of the Ferrum Imperium and the current Grand Dragoon died, his armor was once again ready to accept a new owner. The Motus Draconis, a legendary armor first made by Imperator Cid was the strongest relic in the Ferrum Imperium, a masterpiece that blended the power of technology and magic into one chassis.

Though Kytos' death was mourned, the nation grew excited by the knowledge that they would soon have a new Dragoon. As a monstrously powerful magic armor that bore its own will, the Motus Draconis only accepted users that it considered worthy, in effect choosing its own master. When the people thought of who could be such a worthy wielder, only one person came to mind-

The eldest prince and heir to the throne, Nicholai Manlius Torquatus.

However, when said prince confidently strutted up to the armor and attempted to wear it, tragedy struck. As if screaming in anger, the Motus Draconis caught fire around the body of the prince, and the royal guards had to rush in a panic to pull the prince out of the raging armor. To everyone's horror, half of the prince's body was scarred by the flames of the sentient armor, and the left of his handsome face was twisted into a hideous visage, whose scars could not be healed by technology or magic.

When Erich then proceeded to approach the armor, everyone was shocked. The Empress shouted at him, hurrying to grab her child before he got himself killed- But Erich rushed up to the armor, and yelled at it. It said that no matter what pain or ordeal it would impose him, he would endure it no matter what. He would obtain its power so he could protect what he loved.

The air was then followed by Erich's screams as the armor clowed with white-hot fire, so bright and hot that it repelled anyone who tried to get close to the burning prince. However, despite the intense power of the flames, Erich remained standing. He yelled into the air louder than any roar the flames could make, with a shout that could be compared to the shout of a dragon.

And, in the end... When the fires ceased, and ashes lingered in the air... Erich Torquatus was reborn.

Clad in the now still Motus Draconis, whose color had shifted to become a pure white that shone in the light, he had passed the armor's test and become the master of the relic's greatest mode, only seen before in the hands of Imperator Cid himself.

Erich looked at his clenched fist... And swore that he would master this armor, and fulfill his promise.

With the Motus Draconis Omega in his possession, Erich became a subject of controversy with the populace. In every aspect compared to his brother, he was worse- And yet, the armor had chosen him. It wasn't until he was approached by the Conciliator Faction that the true reason why Erich was chosen was understood. For all his weakness... Erich bore an unbreakable resolve, and his soul was one that was full of kindness and compassion for the people.

It was for that reason that Erich became the head of the Conciliator Faction, giving them the political immunity they needed to resist being locked down by the Conqueror Faction supported by the Imperial Family and the majority of the nobles. Always opposing the aims of the Conqueror Faction and, by extent, his ruthless elder brother, it is his aim to stop the Ferrum Imperium and all of the other factions before their belligerence costs even more precious lives to be destroyed.

Magic Kingdom of Agarta

Her Royal Majesty, Edelweiss De Rege
    Level: 113
    Skills of Note: Charisma, Monster
    "I am the divine rage. May loathing be upon thee whose hubris challenges the Gods, and let mine be the sword to bring divine reckoning. Come forth Judgement of God, and bring about the End of Days! ASTRAL NEMESIS! ...Ufufufu. Huhuhuhu! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" -Excerpt from Edelweiss during battle, after casting Ritual Magic.

The Queen of Agarta is a figure of great beauty and infamy, as adored by her subjects as she is dreaded by the enemies of her Kingdom. She is undoubtedly the strongest human in the world, but often her very humanity is contested by her enemies, who whisper dark rumors about her true nature and cruel demeanor. Said rumor spreaders don't tend to stay long in this world.

Regardless of what may be said about her, there is no doubt that Edelweiss is a true genius. She graduated from Agarta's Royal Academy with perfect grades without seemingly making any strong effort and she was an extremely powerful mage even before she subjected herself to the transformation into a Magic Knight, a process usually reserved for infants due to the extremely high risks involved.

However, the power she possessed as a Princess quickly grew large enough that she became scary. Even normal Magic Knights could not compare to the power of the Queen, who had modified her soul to a degree that would have killed anyone else. Her intelligence, strength, and charisma only grew with her age, and by the time she became an adult she replaced her parents in nearly every stately affair.

That they would abdicate in her favor soon after was not surprising at all.

Edelweiss is a truly fearsome fighter, being the strongest human and one of the top magic casters in the world. She has mastered all elements and is capable of combining them into Almighty energy, but she usually uses a unique form of magic that allows her peerless offensive prowess by unmaking all magic by its essence. It is said that there is no spell in this world that she cannot master.

In addition, her Magic Eyes have given her the extremely powerful natural talent to stop the time of anything in her line of sight, allowing her to send her opponents into stasis while she charges Ritual Magic to reduce them to cinders. She is also a talented fighter and a skilled tactician, not falling short in any area.

However, despite her very intimidating nature, exotic character and cruel streaks of behavior, among the upper echelons of Agarta it is sometimes felt that the Queen is emotionally vulnerable. She clings to that which is hers with a fiery passion, and bears a dark hatred for the Ferrum Imperium for the many atrocities they have committed against her Knights and country during their years of war.

In the end, only fate will tell if Queen Edelweiss is merely a benevolent soul who has suffered the wear of the sacrifices she has had to make... Or if she is a broken shell of the perfect being she pretends to be, possessed by an inner madness waiting to spring forth.

Empire of Niezlith

Crimson Emperor Kreuz Heilraz
    Level: 95
    Skills of Note: King of Warriors, Fearless
    "Every man is tied down by fate, and their strength determines whether they will live to see the next day or be crushed by the world around them. But, I dislike that. If fate demands that those who are weak be slain... Then I shall place everyone's fates on my shoulders, and bear that burden with my strength."

Ever since the Empire of Niezlith conquered Vilnaterre under the legendary God-Emperor whose name has been mysteriously forgotten, the lineage of Heilraz has been one that has mixed human and Demon blood, as the God-Emperor's own wife was a Demon by the name of Seras. This has caused that, occasionally, one of Heilraz's line will be born with an extreme amount of potential, becoming an incredibly powerful exemplar of the human race.

Kreuz is one such existence.

Born with red eyes, a sign of strong demonic blood, Kreuz was incredibly healthy and strong even when he was a child, and he took to fighting like a normal child would take to their mother's milk. He slew his first monster at the unbelievable age of 5, and by the time he was 12 years old he was already said to be capable of defeating an entire army by himself. As an adult, he is the second strongest human in existence and a step away from breaking through the limits that have held humanity back from the level of the Demon Lords and comparable existences.

However, the path of the strong is never an easy one.

As one child of many, Kreuz was the second sibling of the four sired by his parents. His two younger siblings, a boy and a girl, loved him very much- But his eldest brother constantly feared Kreuz. His monstrous talent had spooked him when he saw his younger brother outdo him every step, and he quickly grew to resent the stoic boy.

When Kreuz was 15, it happened. His father died, having declared Kreuz as his successor and the rightful Emperor of the nation. Kreuz had been prepared to take the throne... But all notions of a coronation broke when news arrived of his elder brother having started a rebellion, citing himself as the one who should be Emperor by right of birth.

It was not an easy war. His brother had been backed by the Ferrum Imperium, who wished to see a change in policy in the Demon and Monster-friendly Niezlith, something that aligned with the elder brother's fear for his 'Demon brother', despite sharing the same blood. But when Kreuz himself took to the field, it didn't matter what kind of weapon they threw at him. Colossi and warrior alike, all were struck down by his blade with all the cold rage of a slighted Emperor.

In the end, it was Kreuz who struck down his brother as he screamed and begged for mercy.

Ever since then, Kreuz has ruled as a fair and just Emperor, but he cannot escape the rumors of the 'Crimson Emperor', with fierce red eyes and a heart so cold they are willing to kill their own brother if they oppose them. The truth of how he truly feels is unknown, but Kreuz has never reacted against the slander thrown at him so they cannot be confirmed either.

He has fearlessly ventured into the Starless World, to explore the land and assess anything that could be useful to his people.

Tokushu

Goddess Orochi
    Level: 175
    Skills of Note: Divine Magic, Creator
    "I see a thousand paths in the distance. So much sadness, so much suffering... I do not wish anyone else to experience the loneliness I did for thousands of years. My children... I entrust upon you the duty of finding the right path."

Orochi is a legend-class monster that has existed in Tokushu since the very beginning of time. In the distant past, she struck a covenant with the human settlers of Vilnaterre, agreeing to protect them if they kept her company as she was lonely. For a time, this went along smashingly, but eventually things started to change. The humans of Tokushu, as their memories grew blurry with age, began to worship Orochi as a goddess instead.

At first Orochi was indifferent to this change, however things changed when the humans started begging her of more and more difficult things, things she couldn't do. The people's once fond love for Orochi began to turn into frustration, when they realized the creature they worshipped was not a flawless being but rather just another monster.

Eventually, tragedy struck. When one day the Emperor brought the corpse of his wife and begged Orochi to return her to life, the Monster refused as it was outside of her power. This consumed the Emperor with rage, who felt that the Goddess had turned her back on the ancient covenant. Thus, he spoke with the priests of the nation and devised a way to punish the Goddess.

Before the Goddess could realize what had happened, she had been trapped. Sealed in a massive catacomb powered by the same magics which she had gifted the people of Tokushu, isolated in a deep darkness where she could see nothing and talk to nobody. Betrayed by the humans she had loved, she was forced to remain in that prison for thousands of years.

It drove her mad with sadness and rage.

Orochi's hatred seeped out of the prison, and spread across the land. Her black magical energy birthed terrible monsters that assaulted the land, and among them three in particular caused such devastation that they almost destroyed the entire continent of Vilnaterre. These Great Calamities could never be truly killed, resurrecting from Orochi's miasma whenever they were struck down.

The memory of Orochi the Goddess faded, and with the passage only the knowledge of the Great Devourer Orochi remained.

However, though the land of Tokushu remained in a state of constant turmoil with the monsters spawned by Orochi's rage, nobody was capable of bringing peace to the Goddess. For whoever ventured into the prison suffered a horrible demise, as the once beautiful Orochi had turned into a hideous beast with eight writhing dragon heads and hundreds of eyes that destroyed everything in sight with terrible power.

The existence of Orochi remained a deep secret guarded by Tokushu's line of Emperors... Until the God-Emperor of Niezlith arrived on Tokushu's lands.

This nameless Emperor defeated all three of the Great Calamities when they made their return, and after proving his might advanced upon Tokushu proper. There he was received as a hero, and the Emperor told him of Orochi and her true nature as the spawn of this curse. Vowing to slay the beast, the God-Emperor gathered his forces and then did something unthinkable-

-He shattered the seal, completely breaking the prison and unleashing the monstrous form of Orochi before throwing everything he had in his forces at her.

Even then, it was not enough. Though by breaking the seal he was able to fight Orochi with all of his commanders, the Monster was too powerful to defeat. One by one his allies fell, but just as the God-Emperor thought the end had come... He heard the sound of crying.

At that moment, all the pieces fell into place. The Emperor, who by fighting the monster could feel the suffering in her heart. The presence of someone within his army who could see into the souls of others. With those tools, the Emperor did one thing that would unknowingly save the world from calamity-

He sent his own feeble soul into that of the monster, connecting their minds.

What happened then, nobody knows. But with a great cry that sounded like a mournful screech, the monster Orochi collapsed into a storm of black mist... Leaving behind only the form of the Goddess, cradled by the God-Emperor.

The Goddess' heart had been healed by the bravery of a single human who showed her a moment of kindness. It was a testament to her pure heart that all it took was a single soul to show her a smidgen of love for her to latch onto them. At that moment, the God-Emperor could have done many things, as the monster would have obeyed to any command he gave her.

He could have used her as a weapon.

He could have set her loose on Tokushu as punishment for their folly.

Instead, he stopped his conquest and dedicated himself to heal her broken heart. He spoke to the people of Tokushu, and related Orochi's story from her point of view. The story broke the hearts of the people of Tokushu, who cursed themselves for their foolishness and demanded the head of the Emperor in a rage. However, to everyone's surprise, it was Orochi herself who forgave the Emperor's lineage for their mistakes.

Then, the Goddess proposed to renew the ancient covenant, but this time she would ensure there would be a way that nobody would forget the love that existed between her and humanity. Orochi gathered all the cursed miasma that had gathered in her thousands of years of rage, and converted it into magic filled with all of humanity's emotions.

From that mass, the Youkai race were born. They would be the ones to record the deeds of humanity and ensure that love would endure in the world.

Milennia has passed, and Orochi continues her tireless task of protecting humanity. With both Youkai and Tokushu serving under her, she has sent forth her greatest champions into the Starless World, but whether or not she will interfere herself is unknown, as she is not a fighter by nature.

Grand Dragon Alliance

Lord Airen the Thirteenth
    Level: 82
    Skills of Note: Spearman, Dead Man Walking

Lord Airen is the current head of the Dragon Lords and the elected Dragonheart by the Elder Beasts. Named after a legendary martyr that sacrificed his life to grant victory to the Last Hero during the start of his unification war, Airen bears an immense burden on his shoulders but he nonetheless lives on, carrying it with a smile on his face.

Though a skilled fighter and a brilliant governor, Airen's greatest skill is his incredible charisma and his perserverance in battle. He will always dash forwards as the front vanguard and take the enemies by storm, cheering at his men to go forward and covering their backs with his agile spearmanship.

Though in truth the Alliance has no supreme ruler, it is the Dragonheart that coordinates the efforts of all the autonomous states and ensures that the peace of the realm is upheld. Because of this, Lord Airen is often entrusted with the investigation and suppression of threats that could possibly hurt the GDA or the world at large. As the Starless World has been considered a flashpoint that could potentially induce such a calamity, he has selected the Alliance's best commanders and gathered an investigative force to push deep into the Starless World, so that they might learn of the inhabitants of the world as quickly as possible.

Despite the high risks involved, Airen has insisted in leading from the front and venturing on the most dangerous missions. Claiming that he will protect everyone, he bravely faces any danger for the sake of his people and those he holds dear. Wielding the ancient Ferrum Volg, the Steel Emperor's personal weapon and the one used by the Last Hero to defeat the Demon King in the Interstitial Labyrinth, he will hold nothing back to drive back the enemy.

Holds a dear person in his heart, but has decided to wait until the expedition in the Starless World is over to marry her.

Dawn Empire

Lumina, the Dawn Empress
    Level: 180
    Skills of Note: Supernal, Empyrean Magic, Abyssal Magic

Lumina is the strongest living being currently alive and has been the supreme leader of the Dawn Empire since the very time of its foundation, a thousand years ago. The daugher of the Devil Queen Heleila and the Demon King, much of her power comes from having her own flesh and blood shaped in the image of the strongest beings in history.

The Dawn Empress had been a closely guarded secret within the Devil Realm, one that not even the Queen was aware of. Her missing daughter had been captured and used as a tool for both her absurd magical power and seemingly infinite life force, something greatly coveted by a dark organization of Devils that used her as a power source to spread calamities across lands controlled by angels.

However, she was eventually rescued by Haeos the Metatron from that fate after he tracked down the organization and set out to erase it from the face of the earth. The Master of Dusk reached out to the girl and offered her kindness, ignoring her dark nature and caring after her as if she were one of his own family.

It was during her time with Haeos that Lumina first interacted with a being that didn't dedicate their life to tormenting her, and at first she was a pathetic sight. Having been kept in a child-like state by the suffering she was put through, she could understand language but couldn't speak it from a lack of practice. She feared everything and despite her titanic power wasn't capable of controlling it, and while she helped Haeos numerous times she was more often than not the one protected, rather than doing the protecting.

However, throughout the course of her journey, Lumina matured. Picking up customs and manners unnaturally fast, she gradually started to age both physically and mentally as her soul grew more stable. By the time of the Great War, she was said to be at the state of a teenager and more than capable of facing against Demon Lords in single combat.

By the time she defeated her mother and took over the throne, she had long since reached adulthood.

The Dawn Empress is a being of terrifying power. Her mastery over both Light and Dark is at a level that can only be called close to that of a God, and her output usually matches that of the deceased Great Demon Lord Artalos. In fact, she is the only one of two known beings who have been able to evolve the elements of Light and Dark by holding so much power that their very essence is mutated, giving way to the Empyrean and Abyssal schools of magic.

Though she hasn't stepped into the Starless World as of yet, she has already sent forces into its surface to explore any potential threats found within, and should anything that would threaten the fabric of existence rear its head, she would not hesitate to venture out to defeat it.

Demon Remnants

Great Demon Lord, Falkendaiz
    Level: 125
    Skills of Note: Charisma, Trickery, Abyssal Magic, too many others to count

Falkendaiz, commonly called Falken by his peers is the de facto leader of the Demon Lords that still remain on Merisphelia. Having escaped the Great War by the skin of his teeth, he was the only one who conserved a (mostly) full army and emerged unscathed from the conflict, something that his fellow kindred may have resented him for before it turned out he was the one best positioned to provide them shelter when they became targets of persecution.

Operating within the Grand Dragon Alliance's borders but subject to nobody, Falken may very well be the richest person on the planet. While no leader of nations, the wealth of relics he salvaged (stole) from Aristheias and his expert skill in economics has allowed him to control countless enterprises and provide a steady stream of profit for his plans, plans which have been in wait for an entire millennium.

As the second strongest Demon Lord and the one with the most power when his large 'private' army is considered, he is the one best suited to leading the Demon Lord remnants in their pursuit for lost glory and has accomplished said task to a very efficient degree. Being among the first to discover how to venture into the parallel world, he already has a solid grasp on the situation in the Starless World and claims that this is the chance for Demon Lords to free themselves of the shackles the other nations have imposed upon them.

Whether this is another part of his grand schemes or signifies a sudden benevolent twist to his opinion of his kindred remains to be seen, however...
    Last edited by Erlkonig; January 16th, 2017 at 06:54 PM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Hmmm, I'll look into seeing if I can come up with something.

Blog Entries

How the system works

1. Level
    Your Level is the most exact measure of how strong you are. Higher-leveled characters are stronger, faster and all around more powerful than a lower-leveled character as long as they possess the same attributes. It also determines your HP and MP, as well as the general level of flashiness and presence you command upon the battlefield.

Given that characters all start at different levels, you may think that this means that only some choices are worth running in the RP. However, that is entirely false- Because a Level determines the presence of the character in battle, it also affects their scale and thus the number of enemies that they attract towards them. The Level 100 Monster isn't going to go for the weak Level 40 scrubs first when it has the magical signature of a level 85 blaring at him and making him constantly wary of their attacks.

As for a measure of how powerful characters tend to be depending on their Levels, they tend to be based around the standards of JRPG classics such as the Tales Of and Final Fantasy series. here's a more or less accurate list:

Level 1: Your average Japanese high school student.
    Level 10:The typical limit of a vanilla human, most olympic athletes would be Level 10 give or take a few numbers. While magic users might exist at this level, their low magic energy means they cannot cast powerful combat spells without getting exhausted quickly.
    Level 20: Level 20 would be the absolute limit for things that we would see in real life and the beginning of things that are well and truly fantastical, such as a magician capable of creating a fire ball. It is past level 20 where the amount of magic energy in the average person begins showing physical effects, such as making the swings of a sword displace the air and cut faraway targets.
    Level 30: Level 30 characters are fully in JRPG territory, and the people in there are capable of achieving awesome feats both magical and physical. Things such as using magic for bursts of speed and devastating techniques that can tear through hardened metals and smash through walls come naturally, and Level 30 casters are all generally capable of using Ritual Magic with lethal efficiency.
    Level 40: A Level 40 character has reached the realm of Heroes. At this point, conventional physics begin to have little effect on the character. They will laugh off bullets, dropping from a twenty story building is a light drop and the density of their magical essence is such that they have incredible vitality and power, capable of unleashing devastating super-powered techniques and Ritual Magic capable of shaking entire armies. Generally equivalent to a JRPG character that has reached the mid-game and awakened to their full potential by receiving their signature technique.
    Level 50: Basically a Level 40 character, but all their feats become even more ridiculous and they will easily have powerful supernatural abilities that allow them to become one-man armies. Late-game JRPG party member.
    Level 60: Endgame JRPG party member, or JRPG Disc One Boss. Often have devastating unique techniques and spells and are capable of linking them together in devastating. Lots of endurance and HP, will almost always end up facing large numbers of enemies and very strong foes.
    Level 70: Endgame JRPG Midboss, JRPG character that's grinded to get the best weapons in the game. Stronger than Level 60 by a good margin.
    Level 80: Endgame JRPG Boss. Anything below Level 40 is the equivalent of an ant to characters who have reached this level, and they could easily destroy a country by themselves if left unchecked.
    Level 90: JRPG Final Boss, usually before you're at the very end and they have achieved their final form. JRPG characters controlled by an autismo that grinded to max level and obtained all the abilities you can get.
    Level 100+: JRPG Final Boss, second to final form. They usually have, in some form or another, abilities whose yield can be compared to weapons of mass destruction and would be able to destroy a lesser world.
    Level 200+: JRPG Secret Boss. Casual continent busters and probably capable of blowing up the planet with enough effort.

2. Attributes

Attributes are pretty simple to understand. They enforce a modifier on your base stats according to their Rank, giving a rough estimate at how good are you compared to someone at your level. Attribute values spike hard at both rank extremes, but the cost of reaching higher ranks in an attribute is severe, and the drawback from having a stat at a very low rank is worth avoiding by focusing on a more rounded build.

The modifiers of an attribute rank are roughly as follows:

Poor: -50% Base
    Bad: -20% Base
    Average: Base
    Good: +10% Base
    Great: +25% Base
    Excellent: +50% Base
    Legendary: +75% Base
    Mythical: +150% Base

As we can see, it takes a Mythical stat to outweigh the penalty of having a stat of Poor rank, and even then it's just barely. However, stats of a very high rank allow characters to perform well at their specialized task even at a low level, thus making sure that PCs from every level will be able to execute their chosen playstyle properly.

3. Perks

Perks affect two things:

-What kind of moves you can do in battle: Spells, Techniques, etc. And how flexible you can be with them.
    -What kind of bonuses you get that aren't covered by your Level and Stats.

While these two effects are different things, they are usually considered altogether by what I like to call the character's playstyle. A "Playstyle" is, essentially, a summary of the character's abilities written by the GM that decides the total sum of their bonuses and the exact limits of what their powers can do (i.e. what types of spells they can cast, what kinds of effects they can add). The idea is to write the playstyle while the player himself observes, thus coming up with a shared image of what the character can do to prevent incongruences later on and smoothen RPing.

Playstyles are decided by Faction, Chosen Background and Perks, in that order. Special Faction Perks such as Demon Lords' unique traits and the more esoteric powers of non-human races are generally hammered out during the construction of the character's playstyle.

4. Techniques and Magic

When fighting, characters may either attack normally using their stats and whatever they can make use of their surroundings to get at the target, often resorting to their equipment to inflict set effects and increase their damage. However, when that is not enough, they may wish to resort to using advanced fighting moves known as Techniques, or cast powerful Spells.

For both Techniques and Spells, the character can be assumed to have an infinitenumber of them, as varied as they can imagine them to be. However, these Techniques and Spells are restrained in power and scope by the character's Playstyle as well as the only real straight rules in the system.

Techniques
    "I am the fierce savior, the just mercy brought upon this land! With this blade, banish all the evils wrought from the Abyss! LOST CRUSADER!"

First, let us explain Techniques. There are three types of techniques: Free Techniques, Limited Arts, and a Critical Burst Move. Each one has their own advantages and disadvantages, which I will proceed to explain. On a general note, however, the advantage Techniques have over spells is that they are usually better boosted by equipment such as weapons and they also consume less MP on use, with some techniques lacking MP costs entirely.

Free Techniques are techniques that can be abused over and over on turns, and for that reason they will often be restricted in power. For example, using a 'Free Technique' called 'Blade Rush' to attack several opponents on the same turn with a dance of blades is perfectly doable, but it will reduce the power of the attack compared to, say, simply leaping at a single enemy and stabbing them through.

Free Techniques can be given magical effects, but they are usually only a single effect and the power of said effect is directly proportional to their level and inversely proportional to the number of things they do. For example, something such as a defensive technique used solely to reduce damage will be far more powerful than one meant to reduce damage by countering. In addition, one cannot add magical effects that are not related to the character's playstyle and perks.

Limited Arts are cool flashy moves that are more powerful than Free Techniques and the average Spell but they cost substantial MP and enforce a cooldown on a character depending on the stats and power of the character. Straightforward Limited Arts are extremely powerful, and still better than simply attacking even if they perform various effects. For example, a Limited Art that consists on diving at a target and slashing through them with a single devastating blow will be much harder to dodge than a normal attack and deal severe damage, while using a Limited Art that parries a blow and counters in proportion to the damage absorbed would stilll be substantially powerful, even though it has both offensive and defensive applications.

Limited Arts usually have an enhanced version of an equipment's passive effects and can be added special affects through magic, such as an elemental affinity and the ability to inflict a debilitation, curse or any otherwise secondary effect on the enemy. Generally up to three effects can be added this way, but the more esoteric and magic-based the Technique is the more MP they will cost. Limited Arts without magical effects besides that of the equipment cost no MP.

The cooldown of a Limited Art is usually three turns, but characters with an agility or endurance of Excellent see it reduced to two, and those with an agility and endurance of Mythical can use Limited Arts once every other turn.

Critical Burst Moves are the strongest card in a warrior's arsenal. They are a last resort, a desperate move to attain victory that causes them to use all of their power to finish off the enemy. These are techniques that evoke a character's full potential, and can only be used once per battle. In addition, they have certain special conditions that restrict their use:

1. The user is under 25% of HP, or:
    2. At least 3 turns have passed, and the user is over 50% of HP.
    3. When Critical Burst is activated with rule 2, the user's HP is lowered to 20% HP and they can no longer use Limited Arts for the rest of the battle or until their HP is fully restored.
    4. Under extraordinary situations specified by the plot, Critical Burst may be used anew.

A Critical Burst Move is always the epitome of a character's Playstyle, pushing all their abilities to the limit. They exacerbate the ability of equipment the character is proficient with, will often feature powerful and crushing magical effects if the character has advanced use of magic, and will more often than not deal extreme damage.

For example: A character with a playstyle that gives him fast movement in battle, using Dark Magic to debilitate his foes while chipping away at their health could have a Critical Burst that stabs at the enemy with a thrown javelin of darkness that crosses the firmament at a vertiginous speed, and besides inflicting severe damage it imbues the target with a thousand dark magic curses, sealing their ability to use magic by draining their mana while the curse eats away at their life force, a deadly poison that will incapacitate or kill them in three turns unless they find some way to heal it or end the battle early.

Using the same Critical Burst repeatedly is encouraged but not punished, as characters that always use the same move as their trump card will see it upgraded in power each time it is used, and after it has been used 5 times it will achieve a superior form better than another Critical Burst at its base.

Spells
    "Four elements compose the land, all creation reduced to their fine grains! Let it be my hand that brings it forth! ATOMIC DISSOLUTION!"

Spells work the same way as techniques, in that they have several types: Fast Magic, Standard, Burst and Ritual Magic. More straightforward than Techniques, these four types are ranked by order of power, cost and scale, but they each have their own rules.

Fast Magic is the most spammable form of magic and the one mages use to quickly rid themselves of weaker targets, as well as a tool to compliment them when fighting at close quarters. Fast Magic can be casted anywhere, anytime- It can be used as a reaction to an attack, as a follow-up in a combination of slashes, or as a quick way to punish an enemy as they try to get closer to the mage. Fast Magic possesses extraordinary accuracy and a low MP cost, but suffers from having an even worse damage modifier than the average melee, thus a character with Excellent Fast Magic will barely hit as hard as a warrior with Average strength of the same level.

Fast Magic can also be used to quickly debilitate foes with magical effects more reliably than a technique would, and is perfect for quick self-healing, status restoration, or inflicting poison or paralysis on the enemy. They are also more convenient for magic-specced characters who would rather never resort to using techniques at all, even when pressed to a corner.

Standard magic deals comparable damage to consistent melee attacks, with the caveat of having an extreme amount of variety to make up for the MP cost- A powerful mage can already cause disastrous damage with standard magic, being able to quickly damage a group of enemies with a swift Explosion spell, or tearing through the lines of an army with an Igneous Laser. However, Standard magic has a crippling weakness- It cannot be used at a close distance, at least not on any encounter worth the effort of the character.

Being in the middle of dealing with the pursuit of an attacker and having to focus on dodging and striking back at an opponent makes it so that the concentration needed to chant a spell is ruptured, and unlike Fast Magic which can be cast with a thought, Standard magic needs the character's complete focus to be executed, at least for a single turn. In exchange, the magical effects of standard magic tends to almost always succeed if the stats favor the caster, and thus enables spellcasters to deal heavy damage from a distance.

Burst magic is a hybrid of Fast Magic and Standard Magic, and possesses the strength of both types while having a new weakness that makes up for its awesome power. A Bursted spell basically consists in the character drawing directly from the magical reserves they have stored inside and violently driving them to surface in a pulse of emotion, achieving the effects of a high-leveled Standard spell with all the speed and swiftness of Fast Magic. However, Burst magic costs twice as much as an equivalent standard spell and it also forces the character to catch their breath, making them unable to cast any spells for the next turn unless they possess Excellent Endurance or better.

Ritual Magic is the most powerful type of spell a mage can cast, and it comes in three forms: Grand Ritual, Breaker Spell, and Final Evocation. All three grant access to a type of magic unparalleled by the other types, capable of easily wiping out armies and dealing devastating damage, though there is a gap in power between each of the three.

A Grand Ritual is essentially a charged magic. The user spends a turn focusing, upon which being the target of a sufficiently powerful attack would shake off their concentration and cancel the spell. If they manage to get out the spell uninterrupted, however, they can invoke a spell whose power is easily three times that of standard magic, and whose scale is much greater, easily capable of targetting an entire enemy party (or army, with high-leveled characters).

A Breaker Spell is a 'fast' version of ritual magic with extremely dangerous side effects. Channeling all their energy in a similar way to Burst magic, the character releases a spell supercharged with all of their magic whose power may even reach to twice that of a Breaker Spell, being able to force a worthy opponent from a healty state to critical condition. However, a Breaker Spell can only be used once par battle and it reduces the MP of the caster to 0 all the time. It also cannot be used together with Critical Burst. Damage scales with MP remaining and cannot be used under 50% MP.

Finally, the Final Evocation is a type of 'forbidden' magic, usable only by those who have reached the realm of Heroes (all the PCs in this case). A Final Evocation works as a Grand Ritual and has the MP cost of a Breaker Spell, with the added caveat that it has a whopping THREE turns of charge time (two in the very rare case of the character possessing Mythical rank Magic). When successfully actualized, however, it is the only spell capable of instantly reducing the HP of an opponent of equivalent strength to 0 in a single turn. In the right hands, this power can sink an entire battlefield into a sea of destruction and swallow all enemies in the caster's path, leaving behind only the desolate remains of their enemies.

It is also highly humiliating to be on the receiving end of, as why the hell weren't you able to get to them before they finished casting? Needless to say, getting off this spell type is almost impossible without the aid of allied commanders.
    Last edited by Erlkonig; January 21st, 2017 at 11:42 AM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    Gonna put the deadline as the 27th of January, so hurry up with those sheets.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

ay there was some Q&A shit

and so I, Morm, The People's Hero, will do my best to deliver this information.

8:47:01 PM Erlkonig [23:45] Bloble: gib lore pls
    8:47:04 PM Erlkonig what lore do you want
    8:47:10 PM Bloble starless world!
    8:47:11 PM Erlkonig We can hold a Q&A right now

and so it began...

8:47:34 PM Vritra what's the most common form of underwear
    8:51:19 PM Erlkonig Modern underwear I guess? Maybe even a little comfier due to the existence of magic

8:51:15 PM Bloble erl, are there any underwater nereid city bases
    8:51:29 PM Bloble naval warfare must be stacked in favor of the GDA
    8:51:42 PM Erlkonig There are underwater military bases used by the GDA
    8:51:51 PM Erlkonig But nereid cities are mostly coastal
    8:52:01 PM Erlkonig and not exclusive to nereids

8:51:30 PM Mooncake Is it similar to our world? (Meaning Merisphelia, I presume)
    8:52:20 PM Erlkonig Somewhat moon
    8:52:34 PM Erlkonig like I said underwear could be magically enchanted to fit to any body

8:52:31 PM Bloble how's space travel?
    8:52:35 PM Bloble did it never take off?
    8:53:05 PM Erlkonig Space travel exists but they've only been to the moon and sent probes further outside
    8:53:12 PM Erlkonig FTL does not exist
    8:53:22 PM Bloble has anyone tried to drop a colony
    8:53:32 PM Bloble and did someone punch it back into space with hit blooded willpower
    8:53:39 PM Erlkonig No space colonies
    8:53:51 PM Erlkonig Because magic in space is pretty sparse

8:54:04 PM Bloble magic doesnt work in space?
    8:54:08 PM Bloble mind elaborating on that
    8:54:10 PM Erlkonig It works
    8:54:21 PM Erlkonig Mana doesn't replenish unless you are a demon tho
    8:54:33 PM Erlkonig or have active mp regen
    8:54:50 PM Erlkonig even then only if said regen draws from your own life force
    8:55:02 PM Erlkonig So being in space for too long is dangerous to all but humans from the FI
    8:55:07 PM Bloble that's p interesting
    8:55:14 PM Bloble any moon magic?
    8:55:21 PM Erlkonig The moon has magic
    8:55:40 PM Erlkonig It's raw though, pure
    8:55:47 PM Erlkonig As there is no life at all

8:54:55 PM Mooncake How are the Conciliators situated?
    8:55:04 PM Mooncake Like, within the Ferrum
    8:55:48 PM Mooncake Do people genuinely believe in Erich?
    8:56:06 PM Erlkonig The conciliators were p weak
    8:56:29 PM Erlkonig but it's actually thanks to Erich and some competent supporters that they've managed to muster any forces at all
    8:56:48 PM Erlkonig They are placing a big chunk on the starless world though
    8:56:54 PM Erlkonig enough that if they got wiped out they're doomed

8:56:51 PM Bloble does the starless world have a moon
    8:56:56 PM Erlkonig No
    8:56:58 PM Erlkonig They have no stars
    8:56:59 PM Erlkonig no sky
    8:57:06 PM Erlkonig Just endless grey that seemingly goes on forever
    8:57:08 PM Erlkonig and space rifts
    8:57:10 PM Bloble so if you fly to far up you just disintegrate?
    8:57:28 PM Erlkonig presumably you get lost in the void between worlds
    8:58:39 PM Erlkonig there's a level 666 eldritch god around there
    8:58:49 PM Erlkonig if you want to try and fight him be my guest

9:00:01 PM Bloble around how strong is a colossus
    9:00:13 PM Bloble i assumed level 100-ish when making my sheet
    9:01:40 PM Erlkonig it varies
    9:02:15 PM Erlkonig But it's somewhere between 70 and 100 yeah
    9:03:01 PM Palad1n_Phone Stronk
    9:03:10 PM Palad1n_Phone As they should be
    9:03:29 PM Erlkonig well they're the Imperium's trump card

9:04:10 PM Erlkonig Each faction has their own strengths
    9:04:32 PM Erlkonig The Imperium's is their seemingly unending manpower (lit. several billions of citizens) and the firepower they can bring to bear
    9:05:24 PM Erlkonig Agarta has the knights and their magic everything
    9:05:34 PM Erlkonig Niezlith has the strongest armies
    9:06:06 PM Erlkonig In that they can replenish losses quick, their troops take a lot to go down, and they're all-around good against anything
    9:06:34 PM Erlkonig The GDA has overwhelming adaptability as they can field damn near anything [mah bois ;_;]
    9:06:44 PM Erlkonig The Dawn Empire have some hilarious superweapons

9:06:35 PM Mooncake Do the Starless people have their own factions? [As we can presume from the Starless perk under Wildcard]
    9:06:57 PM Erlkonig The Starless World is broken up across several areas:

9:07:29 PM Erlkonig -The Lost Citadels (Super dungeons crucial to the plot)

9:08:04 PM Erlkonig -The Space Rifts (Interdimensional gates surrounding bastions of civilization, especially dense around the dungeons and slowly eating away at the fabric of the world)

9:08:40 PM Erlkonig -Independent Enclaves (City-states, usually ruled by one person of authority or power in the very few areas that are designated as 'safe-zones' in the Starless World, free of the space rifts)

9:09:54 PM Erlkonig -Bastions (When several enclaves are connected by a single faction they become the closest thing to a nation in the starless world. Because these factions are capable of self-sufficient behavior and can rein in the space rifts on their own, they are usually led by extremely powerful individuals)

9:10:01 PM Erlkonig Also
    9:10:39 PM Erlkonig the independent enclaves are overseen by a big UN-like organization that is in charge of sealing up space rifts that get too close and also keep watch over the Citadels, wary of the secrets within

9:13:15 PM Bloble how does magic work in the starless world
    9:17:44 PM Erlkonig There's no real guideline
    9:17:50 PM Erlkonig Because originally
    9:17:55 PM Erlkonig the starless world DIDN'T have magic
    9:17:58 PM Erlkonig it all came from the space rifts
    9:18:21 PM Erlkonig So unlike fantasia there's no set magic system and the starless world's inhabitants tend to have unpredictable and exotic abilities
    9:19:03 PM Erlkonig That said, each faction tends to have their own standardized system
    9:19:14 PM Erlkonig the UN-like organization stands out in my mind
    9:19:23 PM Erlkonig since they are descended from an ancient hero [wait a minute...]

9:19:39 PM Erlkonig [00:14] Vritra: what's the racial demographic look like
    9:19:43 PM Erlkonig Humans 99%
    9:19:46 PM Erlkonig well
    9:19:49 PM Erlkonig 95%
    9:20:00 PM Erlkonig other 5% is sentient, non-hostile beings from the space rifts
    9:20:11 PM Erlkonig there are humanoids, and there's... weird shit
    9:20:40 PM Erlkonig it's entirely possible to pick up one of those token moeblob JRPG pets that are secretly super OP in the Starless World
    9:20:47 PM Erlkonig even if they sound like a squeak toy when they speak
    9:20:59 PM Palad1n_Phone You mean like Fou?
    9:21:04 PM Erlkonig yes

9:22:21 PM Erlkonig [00:19] Palad1n_Phone: Erl what is the most popular race / nation in merisphelia?
    9:22:22 PM Erlkonig Humans
    9:22:24 PM Erlkonig and uuuh
    9:22:25 PM Erlkonig GDA [Morm is proud father]
    9:22:53 PM Erlkonig Tokushu would be seen well too but they are just too fucking weird
    9:23:21 PM Erlkonig dreaded stories are told in the FI of the people who go to Tokushu and come back changed
    9:23:26 PM Erlkonig forget the conciliators
    9:23:35 PM Erlkonig many argue that these 'weebs' should be shot on sight
    9:24:11 PM Erlkonig never 4get the rebellion of Governor Ken
    9:24:16 PM Erlkonig or as he liked to call himself
    9:24:18 PM Erlkonig Ken-sama
    9:25:19 PM Erlkonig also Tokushu invented sailor uniforms and Airen and Moon would probably feel right at home in their schools

9:28:30 PM Erlkonig the FI hates fighting tokushu
    9:28:55 PM Erlkonig especially when some fuccboi with a katana walks in and when they throw a missile at him he just cuts it in half

9:31:47 PM Erlkonig [00:31] Palad1n_Phone: Alright erl what are each nations natural enemy? FI is Tokushu, how bout the others?
    9:31:51 PM Erlkonig FI's natural enemy is everyone
    9:32:59 PM Erlkonig Everyone dreads fighting the Dawn Empire, the Dawn Empire dreads the Demon King somehow coming back and coming to fuck the world up again

it's over!

You are the real hero, Morm. Much appreciated.
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Thanks for collecting, Morm!
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'