Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments Complete Version

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I'm sorry but this is so funny. Nigel is seriously something else.

I haven't actually listened to that track yet but I'll have to just because of this.

- - - Updated - - -

All this time I thought Nigel just viewed her as a tool, but maybe I was wrong.

Nigel pls
    I think at the start, he just viewed her as a tool, but later he started to develop actual emotions and grew to care and become concerned about her.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    I think at the start, he just viewed her as a tool, but later he started to develop actual emotions and grew to care and become concerned about her.
    Ironic and tragic, this is what makes them my favorite Master/Servant pair.

And speaking of the drama cd, is there a reason why Nigel used a music box to summon Bryn?

Ironic and tragic, this is what makes them my favorite Master/Servant pair.

And speaking of the drama cd, is there a reason why Nigel used a music box to summon Bryn?
    It wasn't the music box that was used as the catalyst. I think it said in the books that he used a piece of burnt wood from a burnt down house as the catalyst. I have no idea why he was playing a music box with "Rock a bye baby" during the summoning ritual.

Maybe a foreshadowing to Bryn's breakdown?

Ah, okay. So Nigel is just a weirdo.

And that seems like a really unsecure catalyst. Guess he's lucky it actually worked in his favor and he got Bryn from such a loose attachment.

US Friend Code
    Burnt wood? Was that just from a random old house or the one she made her suicide pyre?
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Okay. I found out the real reason and it is foreshadowing.

According to Wiki:

The "Rock a Bye Baby melody is a variant of the English satirical ballad Lillibullero. It's theorised that one of the possible meanings of this melody is that the lyrics, like the tune "Lilliburlero" it is sung to, refer to events immediately preceding the Glorious Revolution. The baby is supposed to be the son of James VII and II, who was widely believed to be someone else's child smuggled into the birthing room in order to provide a Roman Catholic heir for James. The "wind" may be that Protestant "wind" or force "blowing" or coming from the Netherlands bringing James' nephew and son-in-law William of Orange, who would eventually depose King James II in the revolution (the same "Protestant Wind" that had saved England from the Spanish Armada a century earlier). The "cradle" is the royal House of Stuart. The earliest recorded version of the words in print appeared with a footnote, "This may serve as a warning to the Proud and Ambitious, who climb so high that they generally fall at last",which may be read as supporting a satirical meaning. It would help to substantiate the suggestion of a specific political application for the words however if they and the 'Lilliburlero' tune could be shown to have been always associated.
    Edit: So the main foreshadowing is the warning that the song holds. "This may serve as a warning to the Proud and Ambitious, who climb so high that they generally fall at last",

@Iceblade I'm guessing a random one or one from a house that was made with a similar type of wood that Bryn used as her pyre, because it doesn't mention the wood's origins.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; January 11th, 2018 at 12:18 AM.

According to Wiki...
    Huh.

I guess Nigel just has a dramatic taste in music. Though I guess when you're summoning a Hero to fight in a death battle its okay to be a little dramatic.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Did Manaka do the world a favor?
    Origin: Obsession
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

He literally just summoned her, what's there to be obsessed over.

Blog Entries
    He literally just summoned her, what's there to be obsessed over.
    He thinks she's beautiful, and Origins are very powerful.

Consider how quickly Lio turns from Ordinary High School Student to psychotic cannibal drug dealer.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    He thinks she's beautiful, and Origins are very powerful.

Consider how quickly Lio turns from Ordinary High School Student to psychotic cannibal drug dealer.
    three years?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    Well, yes.

But at the start he also kills those guys and eats them, like, immediately.

So who's the female lance user Saber refers to?

US Friend Code
    Gareth maybe? I remember her having a legend involving a lance but then again he did say training days so that should be before KoRT
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Hi guys,
    Here are the completed translations of the side story "Fragments" from the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD 2: "Heroes."

Fragment 3: "It’s just like “ ,“ right?"

Part 1-A:
    Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------
    Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD 2 - "Heroes"
    Story 1: 『It’s just like “ ,“ right?』
    I was dreaming.
    Even though, I don’t dream very much in my sleep.

But then, seeing that it’s not clearly left in my consciousness after waking up, I could in reality be indulging in my dreams while drifting about in my shallow sleep.

I’ve read a few books about the mechanisms of sleep and dreams when I was in my early teens, and since I hadn’t heard of a conversation about a decisive new theory after that, I, Elza Saijo quietly accept my own situation.

The 6th day of the Holy Grail War――――

I still can’t guess the time thus far, but it’s not midnight, so is it around dawn?

My body is lying down on the large bed of my garden mountaintop hotel suite 430, in Ochanomizu in the Chiyoda Prefecture of the Tokyo Metropolitan area which has been continuously serving as my base since the start of the Holy Grail War, and Archer whose presence is not required while I’m asleep is supposed to be bodyguarding my figure, whose healthy sleeping breaths maybe faintly echoes of a single extremely defenceless woman.

A dream. A sensory mental image that occurs in the middle of sleep. Although many of them are occupied by visual images, hearing is also added in Elza’s case. My sense of taste and smell are almost absent, and it’s also the same with touch. As it were, right, it’s something similar to sitting on a sofa and watching TV.

Elza: (I wonder if TV is more stimulating, than tonight)

As I notice, I’m standing in an empty void. If I were to express it precisely, it’s an endless grey plane which I can only recognize by its surface-ish horizon.

Elza: (Even though it’s a dream that I can properly recognize after such a long time.)

Without thinking, I sigh.

Elza: (Ugh, how irksome. If this is getting pumped up for the Holy Grail War, then I guess it’s not strange if I have even more gloomier dreams after this)

I’ll try looking up at the sky. Nothing. There’s just grey.
    If I try to move my legs as a test, I think there’ll be a slight underwater-like resistance, but it’s probably to the extent that it won’t bother me once I start walking. “If that’s the case…...,” I’ll try walking for a bit.

One step. Two steps. Forward.

Since I can’t find any landmark like objects, I’ll just, keep heading forward for now. Ahh, this is probably, me proceeding diagonally with the intention of walking straight ahead. I know well that I usually live by relying on my sense of sight.
    Even though there should be one sound at least, it was eerily silent. There isn’t even the sound of my own footprints. No, it’s more proper to say that I haven’t particularly noticed the existence of sounds until I became aware of it as such.

Elza: (A dream with nothing in it, huh?)

I try to move my lips as I walk. Despite being able to think and sigh, it seemed that my tongue and throat wouldn’t allow to me speak.

Elza: (I wonder if my ancestors would be angry if I said that I preferred C.G. Jung over Sigmund Freud. In the first place, dreams are a category of magic, that’s like saying please let me sense and perceive more of the world and myths like the ancients once did, or something like that. Ahh, but yeah, couldn’t you give me a happier one instead? More than Freud’s sufficient pleasure principle, Jung’s expressions about the ‘Universal Unconscious’ and the ‘Collective Unconscious’ appear quite more in line with us Magi’s manner of talk――――)

I tried stopping, at once.

Elza: (Alaya. Or Alaya-vijnana in the Sanskrit language. The stored consciousness which is the eighth of the eight consciousnesses which are especially preached by the Single Consciousness Theory, in Oriental Buddhism. I wonder if that Dr. Jung knew some of the magic world after all. Well, but…….)

As I look over behind me,

Elza: (This scene is indeed…….)

I briefly sigh. The grey earth and sky is so dull and dreary.

Elza: “Criticisms to Alaya notwithstanding, I can feel something inside me like I’m getting tired and I don’t have the freedom to come up with anything for it.”

There were words coming out mixed with my strained smile. A sound? My voice? Ahh, even if I don’t know the reason for it, it appears the ban on my voice has somehow been lifted amid this dream.

Elza: “Well, if that’s the case. I wish you’d show me a story like Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream.’ ……Well I guess, that’s not really a story for a dream, and its mid-winter now so…….”

While saying that, I sigh for the third time. This time it’s white. Similar to reality these days. And yet it’s not really cold at all. Is it because I don’t have a sense of touch in this dream? As I was thinking on that, in that moment…….

Elza:
    "――――――――――――――"

Part 1-B:
    Spoiler:

The scene spreading in my gaze started transforming. A street lined with trees. A quiet afternoon in a small town, with almost no cars in its streets. I’m on the road home from a non-fully managed child-care facility, and that child over there who is walking and holding a twig that he had picked up……

Their seemingly happy figure.
    Their joyful appearance.

Beyond my gaze is the retreating figure of my beautiful lovely child, who was filled with hope, possibility and a future, and who wasn’t allowed to feel even a tiny bit of the cruel pain that awaited him beyond this point.

Elza: “…….!”

I can barely resist spilling his name from my lips.
    It’s only a single moment, from the days when Elza had truly felt true joy with her entire mind and body. I can’t grasp it.

The mood of that time.
    That child’s figure.

I'm sure that it’ll become a huge weak point to myself who challenges the Holy Grail War, which is why I consciously decided not to think back on it, that and how I can’t particularly get a real feeling for the visual information that has abruptly appeared in front of me.

Elza: “Lu――――”

Instantly I bite down on my lips which had called out his name.

Why can’t I yell out his name?
    Why can’t I reach out to him?
    Why can’t I run up to him?
    It’s a dream, after all.

Because I’m in the middle of an actual battlefield.

I can’t look that child’s face, now, I mustn’t look at him!
    I can’t say his name.
    Doing that is pointless!

It’ll just make my already weak self even more weaker.
    I’ll be an ordinary human, an ordinary woman, just a former mother.

There might be those who’d fight carrying that, but I just can’t. I decided to devote my everything to this fight, where I’ll have to try and kill the 6 Heroic Spirits who operate mysteries that are beyond human understanding, and the 6 Magi who control them.

Acting human like being happy at looking at the traces of my happiness in a dream, is absolutely unnecessary. It’ll only be a shackle to me in the end!

Be as cold as you can possibly be, be quiet……
    Don’t hold anything in your chest.

Don’t think. Don’t feel.
    It’s okay for a dream to surprise you.
    But, I must tread carefully…….

With just that.

If the things swirling in the depths of my heart were to burst open, surely, I wouldn’t be able to fight anymore.

Bear it.
    Endure it.

Desperately instruct these to yourself.

I have a feeling.
    That if I close my eyes even once, then everything will disappear, and the dream will maybe end.
    That’s fine by me.

Even if my brain worked for the satisfaction of my wish, even if it’s an intervention by the Collective Unconscious, or even if this is a mental strike by an enemy Servant who broke through my barriers, anything is fine by me even if this is a prank caused by one of Lord Oberon’s schemes whose spoken of in legends.

I don’t care.

――――It’s fine.

It’s already enough for me.
    After all this view will no longer bind me.

――――So, please. I’m sorry. Now, is still not good for me.

Part 1-C:
    Spoiler:

My cheeks were wet.
    My pillow too.

Needless to say, how the tears reached there from my eyes.
    As I look at my mirror while getting up from my bed, I saw myself with a terrible complexion.

If this was a somewhat romantic figure like a single woman soaked with tears, after having a sentimental dream, then that probably would’ve been somewhat preferable, I thought as I glare back with terribly squatted eyes at the figure of Elza Saijo who had put on a bathrobe and was reflected in the mirror.

Although I’m mostly happy that I look younger than my age, my present appearance, had the feeling of a somewhat tired young girl, and I’m growing complex feelings about it. It’s far from the ideal of a beautiful idle woman.

Although it was the right choice to properly remove my make-up before I went to bed.

Thank you, apparently new Shiseido cleansing make-up product which I bought at the convenience store.

I think the name of product is “She” or “Seeds.” Since the somewhat strong make-up doesn’t fit with my looks, there are things that I can do such as finishing it with a bit of lip and foundation powder, but I wonder what would’ve happened if I had fallen asleep without cleaning it off?

On second thought, that’s terrifying.

Elza: “Good Morning.”

As I’m muttering it, I check the time. Removing the wristwatch that I placed on my bedside.
    The time is 3:02 A.M.

Elza: “……. Guess, it’s not.”

It’s too early to call this early morning.
    Late at night.

If I’m being more particular on it, then it’s right around early dawn.
    Entering the bathroom while checking that there wasn’t any enemy intrusions and the strength of my barriers again, I wash my face with the vigorously flowing water.

It’s cold.

With it at such a low temperature that it made me yell, I woke up thanks to that. Regardless of whether I did or didn’t go back to sleep, I wanted to clear my consciousness for once.

Elza: “Why?”

I mumble so as to make it disappear amongst the sound of water.
    My thoughts are fixed for the Holy Grail War.
    My mindset.
    Moreover, I wonder why did I have that kind of dream?

No.

I know the reason without exaggerating it. I guess, I’ve talked about a lot of stuff with him.
    Over a time of really 4 days since his summoning, I finally told my Servant my real wish.

Elza: “……. Archer.”

Suddenly, a voice slipped out of my lips.
    My tongue and throat called out his name.

He who materialized in Tokyo with a temporary body comprised of ether, and who should be watching over me even now in his spirit state.

The 3rd ranked male Servant.
    An ancient Parsian bow user.

Elza: “Archer?”

My second shout-out.
    No answer.

He didn’t even carelessly return my call with his voice. I try a telepathic message next, ahh, but no response.
    So stupid.

If it’s my bedtime, then he should be on standby in spirit form. He said so himself, and he’s not the kind of character to break a promise that he’s spoken on without a reason. Again, I check the time on my wristwatch.

3 A.M.

It’s not without possibility that he’s in the middle of patrolling the area and felt some sort of presence, but I can’t believe that he would leave his Master alone. Dropping the bathrobe, I check the memo pad provided by the room as I quickly change my clothes.

No message.

Even if I try to erratically telepathically contact him, as expected there’s no answer.

Elza: “No.”

Elza suddenly shivers.

Could it be, that he was attacked by an enemy Servant and his Master――――
    ――――No. That’s completely impossible.

It’s easy to jump to a hasty conclusion and think up something like an attack.

He was just a few metres ahead of me.

He wasn’t left, right, in front or behind me, and putting it briefly he wasn’t in the room, and I can’t say that he’s outside the room or in the corridor, so that leaves above me.

Then right above me.

Even when Elza was panicking and calling him, even when she was telepathically calling him, even when she was changing, he was most definitely always standing still in the same place just like that.

Part 1-D:
    Spoiler:

On the roof of the mountaintop hotel.
    Under the night sky, Archer seemed to be watching the glittering stars.

A starry sky in Tokyo.

Even though there were only a few stars, my fixed and seemingly interested gaze could confirm the figure of his back facing the sky.
    I wait for him, for just two seconds.

His gaze is to the stars unchanging.
    It’s unlikely that he’ll call out to me, since it somehow seems like he doesn’t have any intention of turning around and facing me.

Elza: “Damn it, Archer!”

Although I had intended to let out a much more angrier voice.
    It’s a complete failure.
    Like a teenage girl sulking and ruining the mood, it became a sound like that.

Archer: “Yo.”

He turns around.
    And, said this as he smiles.

Archer: “It’s a fine night tonight. Master”

Good grief.

What kind of face is he making?
    I can’t get mad at him like this.

Even though I had intended to fully complain, “You didn’t message me even though you were only a few metres away, and it’s now way beyond not responding to my telepathic calls.”

I push past it with that momentum, and if I were able to then I’d dodge the issue――――even though I was faintly hoping that I could clearly avoid making these words.

Thank you for making the smart move.
    And, for making sure not to watch me as I cried during my sleep.
    I wonder if I can get by without saying it, but――――

Elza: “Thank you. For worrying about me.”

Archer: “No problem? It was too nice of a night, and my feet just moved by itself. My bad.”
    Elza: “……. Yeah.”
    Archer: “You can scold me if you want to. But well, the bad part is that I can’t say that I won’t do it again.”
    Elza: “Geez. What’s with that?”

See, geez.
    He was completely smiling.
    His words, carried a meaning that I would still do the same thing if he was the one who was crying as he was sleeping.

How attentive to others is he?
    Is he a kind person?
    Or a kind hero?

Though he is undoubtedly the man who has carved himself into human history as an unparalleled great hero, and although he is an amazing being who can utilize his special move which reaches the domain of mysteries, how much does he think about me, this female magus who isn’t even much of a special existence?

The Holy Grail War.

Does he do so because of contract and relationship between Master and Servant?
    Or are his responses typical of a Servant?

No.
    No, I don’t think that’s the case.

Archer: “Did you have a good dream?”
    Elza: “Yeah, kind of…...”

Archer. He wonders what kind of dream I had, though he can’t see through to it with those eyes.

Archer: “That’s good.”

Ahh, another laugh.

With his back to the twinkling stars and city lights.
    I really really think from the bottom of my heart, that I’m glad that I’m not a teenage girl.

This man……

Perhaps if I hadn’t lost my beloved a few years ago, perhaps if I didn’t have a wish to the Holy Grail, perhaps if I hadn’t continue sensing the 5-minute later hell in the world――――

Archer: “What’s wrong Elza, you’re staring at my face? Ahh, you’ve fallen in love with me, haven’t you? Well, no wonder. There is a fine man here, after all.”
    Elza: “Yeah yeah. ………Whatever, fine man my butt. You idiot!”
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; March 21st, 2022 at 03:07 AM.

Hi guys,
    Here is the completed translations for the second story of the side story "Fragments" from the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD 2: "Heroes."

Fragment 4: It’s Just Like “ .”
    Part 2-A:
    Spoiler:

Story 2: It’s just like “ .“
    It was just on a whim.
    Surprisingly, I came to a place away from my hunting grounds.
    If it’s a sense of my life beforehand, then it’s totally in the category of nearby places, but……...

I――――I who am known as Servant Assassin just utter a little sigh.

At my window-side seat, of a nation-wide family restaurant chain that’s a bit separated from Ikebukuro station.
    While pretending to be an ordinary human, an ordinary foreigner, an ordinary customer, in a state where I’ve turned into the form of a girl who wore the latest conspicuous clothes……

It’s evening on the 6th day of the Holy Grail War.
    How did I get to be in a place like this, I wonder?
    I search my memories.

First, I left the north entrance of Ikebukuro Station like always, towards the commercial district in Peace Street and as I passed by the front of the Chinatown entrance, there was a sweet aroma wafting in the air.

From the large number of commuter passengers who were excitedly rushing around Ikebukuro Station using it as their terminal station, to the quiet state of the local citizenry who lived in the area towards the station’s north entrance, I walk towards it, while taking in the gradually changing natures of the people going around the area.

Walking…...

Before I knew it, I was leaving main street by passing through the commercial district, the people who were coming and going via walking had firmly decreased, and it seemed like the few drunks there had become like my own prey.
    In front of my eyes, this family restaurant, grandly towered over me like a citadel or a military fortress that’s long been in serviced.

Assassin: “……………..”

I breathe out another sigh.

My face reflected in the very huge glass windows which were inserted in place of a wall, appears truly depressed, and it seems like I have a really gloomy air coiled around me. '
    Although I’d be happy to hear it, if someone were to say to me that I was adorned and tinged with sorrow, if they said it to me frankly then it’d be depressing.
    Yes, there were a few interesting phrases within this Far Eastern language.

How tedious.
    I feel depressed.

Since the later appears to vaguely resemble a similar sounding expression which indicates the death of a holy person in the Oriental world, it may mean that in the Far East, a woman like myself might be an outrageously vicious existence.

Could I be thinking on this too much?

To that extent.
    Every night, every night.

There could be lots of males calling out to this dark woman, me――――I vaguely think as such, and as I slowly spin my thoughts while placing the straw stretching from the glass with bitter black juice and water in it to my mouth, it was at moment when……...

Waitress: “Huh? No way, why if it isn’t Kitano!? What are ya doing in a place like this?

What’s going on?

In the back seat, the waitress girl is making a buzz about something.
    She’s talking about something with a customer.
    Although, it appears she called out their name.

I failed to hear it.

Kitano: “W, well that’s, ah how do I say it, I was on a walk with my friend? Y, yeah that’s it, you see, I was on a walk.”
    Waitress: “Ahaha, what’s with that? No way, don’t tell me that you intentionally came all the way here from Setagaya to Ikebukuro by walking, did ya?”

The one talking with the waitress, was a boy who was likely the same age as the girl.

A boy.
    The “walk” part was definitely a lie.
    He must be rather terrible at lying.

In that kind of manner, he wouldn’t survive in a world of permanent battlefields like the one I once lived in.

No.
    That’s fine.

“That’s fine with me,” I mutter internally to myself.

Whether it’s in the past or now, it won’t change.
    The youth who live honestly like this must be protected.
    Those who become warriors in every country and era, must fight to defend them.
    That’s no different even for an assassin.

Waitress: “So, who’s the friend? Sasaki?”
    Kitano: “Umm.”
    Waitress: “Ahh I know. It was a girl, isn’t it!?”
    Kitano: “Hell no. It’s a guy, definitely a guy! That is, I mean he kinda goes to a different school, hey. Or rather wait, this is the first time I’ve heard of you working part-time at a family restaurant. Does that mean Nishimura, that you’ve been keeping quiet about working at school so that you could expressly come out to Ikebukuro?”
    Nishimura: “Yeah……”

I can see by the waitress girl’s stiffening that she was uttering a small groan.

Since all the events were happening behind me, I couldn’t read their expressions, however judging from their vocal tones which were acting like it was the end of the world, then they were probably making identical faces to them.

What a really extreme exaggeration.
    It’s not as if they’ve degenerated into slaves who live just to die.
    But, it’s true.

Their exchange which was like the lovely chirping of songbirds, was for sure a thing of the world where people live.

Nishimura: “I kinda got a lot of stuff going on right now. A lot.”
    Kitano: “Yeah, yeah.”
    Nishimura: “I got proper permission from the school. I’m not lying. But I’ll say it to you once just in case, please keep it a secret from the school and especially especially please don’t tell the guidance teacher!”
    Kitano: “I won’t tell. I won’t tell!”
    Nishimura: “Really?”
    Kitano: “Well, I don’t have a reason to make trouble for you.”
    Nishimura: “I see. ……Ahahha, I thought this before but you’re a really nice guy, Kitano!”

I sip the ice-coffee through my straw.

Bitter.
    I guess this is probably one kind of river.
    It’s strange.

Even though Tokyo is a capital at the very ends of the Far East, it’s selling these drinks which ought to have been invented in Persia like it was natural. Before I think on the development of the distribution business throughout time, I obviously, still think it’s strange.

Even though I can’t feel even a bit of a trace of sand here.
    There are drinks which have spread here from my birthplace after my death, where silly youths twitter about, the world of people.
    It’s terribly distant to me.

Though there was a conversation echoing right behind me, it feels like I’m peeking into the story of a far-off land.

Kitano: “Oh yeah, that’s right. Have you heard about this strange rumour?”
    Nishimura: “What’re you talking about so suddenly?”
    Kitano: “You know, Death Mary of Ikebukuro. I heard about it on the radio.”
    Nishimura: “Oh Ohh. That Miss Mary! Yeah, I heard they were talking and making a buzz about it on midnight radio, right? That DJ is good, wait you were listening to that? I know it’s popular among girls, but do boys like you listen to it?”
    Kitano: “It was casually being transmitted, when I turned on the radio.”
    Nishimura: “Hehhh.”

Suddenly, I had a hallucination like my name had been called.

Miss Mary.
    11 p.m. Death Mary.
    But that’s, me.

I knew that the predatory actions that I did while going alone was turning into such a rumour.
    But, now as I listen to this, I’m getting a feeling similar to suddenly being stabbed.
    Someone unfamiliar to me, was talking about me, with another someone who was unfamiliar to me.

Nishimura: “From what I heard, the corpses somehow had their heads practically melted. Hey, wasn’t there a movie like that?”
    Kitano: “Scanners?”
    Nishimura: “That’s it! The one where their brains exploded like pow!”

No.
    There’s a huge difference.
    I don’t melt the victim’s head.

But, since I feel like there are those amongst my successive generations of leaders who operate skills that blow up the target’s head, it might not necessarily even be a chance rumour.

No.
    Forget it, it doesn’t fit the theory.
    There’s no way that’s true.

But as a precaution, it seems necessary for me to check out that movie.

Nishimura: “She wrote a lot in lipstick, I think?”
    Kitano: “That true?”
    Nishimura: “Yeah. She wrote something in the mirror like, “Welcome to some kind of world!” I think?”
    Kitano: “Heh…….”
    Nishimura: “Then, the people who also looked into the mirror died too. Which is why a lot of police officers have died as well.”
    Kitano: “So, it’s not a rumour like I thought?”
    Nishimura: “No, it’s real, I’ve heard customers talking about it.”

No.
    That’s wrong too.

I did nothing to the effect of writing characters in a mirror with over the counter lipstick.

However, it is worth seeing just how much information about said poisonings, is being suppressed by the investigative authorities.
    As long as they can’t label a guess on the poison which was endowed on me in my lifetime, no matter what kind of doctor they use, then…….

At the same time, it appears that they can detect my poison, which had now converted into my mysterious body with their modern chemical knowledge although…….no, I shouldn’t let my guard down.

When I search for my prey, I pile caution upon caution even more than I do now.
    It’s a pain to kill decoy investigators, after the fact.
    I’m careful when I kill.
    I take care when I devour souls.

I can’t afford to become a burden or an annoyance, to that person.

Assassin:
    “Phew…….”

A breath.
    It leaked out larger than I thought. As I tried to stare at the townscape of the Ikebukuro area, my form was being reflected in the window. The boy in the seat behind me isn’t being reflected in it.
    I can glimpse the back of his head to a degree.

I wonder what kind of face is he making?

Judging by the feel of his voice, his age is definitely roughly in his mid-teens. It’s not much different from me in my lifetime. It’s roughly the same as my appearance.
    The menu item I ordered was grapefruit juice. An item that was squeezed from some strange fruit.

I wonder if it’s sweet? Or bitter?

Kitano: “Nishimura, I think you should be careful because you’re close to Ikebukuro station. When work is over, I think you should go straight home without stopping at the game centre etc.”
    Nishimura: “Eh, but doesn’t Miss Mary only target guys?”
    Kitano: “That’s true, but it’s dangerous at night.”
    Nishimura: “Ahaha.”

She smiles and dodges the issue. The boy’s kind words were taken in the form of a fruitless effort. I see, more than the boy, the waitress girl has the air of being a little bit more worldlier than him.

Ahh, I do have that move.

I think I’ll try consciously smiling for tonight’s hunt.
    I’m aware that my smiles are bad, and that I usually don’t smile.
    Despite having thoroughly studied the art of seduction in my former life, I still can’t get used to the thing called conversation no matter what――――

Part 2-B:
    Spoiler:

I didn’t hear the voice of the boy in the seat behind me, anymore.
    The waitress girl had been warned by a girl who seemed to be her superior and returned to work while saying “I’m sorry.”
    If the two’s conversation had been interrupted, then, I had no way to listen to his voice.

I can’t talk to him by myself.
    I’m closing my lips, to the best of my ability. I can only open my mouth when I tempt my prey and steal their lives.
    Besides……...

I also have no matters that I must talk to him about.

Although it’s probably possible for me to lure him by saying, “I know Miss Mary’s true identity,” there’s no point in me expressly doing so.
    It’s probably more reasonable for me, to kill my surprised opponent on top of revealing my real identity if I think from that context, however I’ll be just like an evil djinn in that case.

It’s still more evil than the “Miss Mary,” who is being gossiped about on the radio.

Kitano: “……I guess nothing bad is gonna happen, now, right?”

Muttering.
    A voice.
    Daringly, I shake my throat and let it ride on my tongue, as I try to utter it from my lips.
    My voice which I had emitted for the first time in a day, was getting a bit husky.

Assassin: “――――――”

Although there were hints like the boy behind me was looking over his shoulder at me, I ignored them.
    It’s not like I want to get involved with him.
    Rather it’s the reverse.
    It’s a pain to even get involved with a Tokyo resident.

Silence.

I only stare beyond the window, and gaze at the town, watching the people coming and going.
    Waiting impatiently for night to come.

The inside of the family restaurant is lively as it ever was, and me and the boy could keep enough of a distance without saying something to each other for a while.

2 seconds pass, 10 seconds pass.

After a further 10 minutes, he stands up from his seat and leaves the store after fully paying his bill. In the end, I didn’t get to see his face, just the figure of his back reflected in the window glass. It’d be a lie if I said that I didn’t think about wanting to see it, but I didn’t believe that I should put on some sort of act to see it.

And then, on the night of that day.

I am totally, fed up, when I start my new hunt. I was completely forgetting about, what kind of voice he had and what kind of words that he was talking about. I forget everything, and as I place my lips on top of man that I chose as my prey, I kill him.

I devour his soul, in a daze.

I use the infamous lipstick that they were still reporting about and leave Mary’s name in the mirror.
    The kind boy’s existence who so lovingly chirps, completely disappears, from my mind.

Part 2-C:
    Spoiler:

That’s why…...

2 days later.

Even if I had heard the voice of the other person that I was going to kill from here on out, I had, no idea whatsoever.
    I hadn’t realized it.

――――――I think, surely it wasn’t him.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; February 27th, 2018 at 06:35 AM.

Hi guys,
    Here are the completed translations of the side story "Fragments" from the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD 2: "Heroes."

Fragment 3: "It’s just like “ ,“ right?"

Part 1-A:
    Spoiler:

Story 1: 『It’s just like “ ,“ right?』
    I was dreaming.
    Even though, I don’t dream very much in my sleep.

But then, seeing that it’s not clearly left in my consciousness after waking up, I could in reality be indulging in my dreams while drifting about in my shallow sleep.

I’ve read a few books about the mechanisms of sleep and dreams when I was in my early teens, and since I hadn’t heard of a conversation about a decisive new theory after that, I, Elsa Saijou quietly accept my own situation.

The 6th day of the Holy Grail War――――

I still can’t guess the time thus far, but it’s not midnight, so is it around dawn?

My body is lying down on the large bed of my garden mountaintop hotel suite 430, in Ochanomizu in the Chiyoda Prefecture of the Tokyo Metropolitan area which has been continuously serving as my base since the start of the Holy Grail War, and Archer whose presence is not required while I’m asleep is supposed to be bodyguarding my figure, whose healthy sleeping breaths maybe faintly echoes of a single extremely defenceless woman.

A dream. A sensory mental image that occurs in the middle of sleep. Although many of them are occupied by visual images, hearing is also added in Elsa’s case. My sense of taste and smell are almost absent, and it’s also the same with touch. As it were, right, it’s something similar to sitting on a sofa and watching TV.

Elsa: (I wonder if TV is more stimulating, than tonight)

As I notice, I’m standing in an empty void. If I were to express it precisely, it’s an endless grey plane which I can only recognize by its surface-ish horizon.

Elsa: (Even though it’s a dream that I can properly recognize after such a long time.)

Without thinking, I sigh.

Elsa: (Ugh, how irksome. If this is getting pumped up for the Holy Grail War, then I guess it’s not strange if I have even more gloomier dreams after this)

I’ll try looking up at the sky. Nothing. There’s just grey.
    If I try to move my legs as a test, I think there’ll be a slight underwater-like resistance, but it’s probably to the extent that it won’t bother me once I start walking. “If that’s the case…...,” I’ll try walking for a bit.

One step. Two steps. Forward.

Since I can’t find any landmark like objects, I’ll just, keep heading forward for now. Ahh, this is probably, me proceeding diagonally with the intention of walking straight ahead. I know well that I usually live by relying on my sense of sight.
    Even though there should be one sound at least, it was eerily silent. There isn’t even the sound of my own footprints. No, it’s more proper to say that I haven’t particularly noticed the existence of sounds until I became aware of it as such.

Elsa: (A dream with nothing in it, huh?)

I try to move my lips as I walk. Despite being able to think and sigh, it seemed that my tongue and throat wouldn’t allow to me speak.

Elsa: (I wonder if my ancestors would be angry if I said that I preferred C.G. Jung over Sigmund Freud. In the first place, dreams are a category of magic, that’s like saying please let me sense and perceive more of the world and myths like the ancients once did, or something like that. Ahh, but yeah, couldn’t you give me a happier one instead? More than Freud’s sufficient pleasure principle, Jung’s expressions about the ‘Universal Unconscious’ and the ‘Collective Unconscious’ appear quite more in line with us Magi’s manner of talk――――)

I tried stopping, at once.

Elsa: (Alaya. Or Alaya-vijnana in the Sanskrit language. The stored consciousness which is the eighth of the eight consciousnesses which are especially preached by the Single Consciousness Theory, in Oriental Buddhism. I wonder if that Dr. Jung knew some of the magic world after all. Well, but…….)

As I look over behind me,

Elsa: (This scene is indeed…….)

I briefly sigh. The grey earth and sky is so dull and dreary.

Elsa: “Criticisms to Alaya notwithstanding, I can feel something inside me like I’m getting tired and I don’t have the freedom to come up with anything for it.”

There were words coming out mixed with my strained smile. A sound? My voice? Ahh, even if I don’t know the reason for it, it appears the ban on my voice has somehow been lifted amid this dream.

Elsa: “Well, if that’s the case. I wish you’d show me a story like Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream.’ ……Well I guess, that’s not really a story for a dream, and its mid-winter now so…….”

While saying that, I sigh for the third time. This time it’s white. Similar to reality these days. And yet it’s not really cold at all. Is it because I don’t have a sense of touch in this dream? As I was thinking on that, in that moment…….

Elsa:
    "――――――――――――――"

Part 1-B:
    Spoiler:

The scene spreading in my gaze started transforming. A street lined with trees. A quiet afternoon in a small town, with almost no cars in its streets. I’m on the road home from a non-fully managed child-care facility, and that child over there who is walking and holding a twig that he had picked up……

Their seemingly happy figure.
    Their joyful appearance.

Beyond my gaze is the retreating figure of my beautiful lovely child, who was filled with hope, possibility and a future, and who wasn’t allowed to feel even a tiny bit of the cruel pain that awaited him beyond this point.

Elsa: “…….!”

I can barely resist spilling his name from my lips.
    It’s only a single moment, from the days when Elsa had truly felt true joy with her entire mind and body. I can’t grasp it.

The mood of that time.
    That child’s figure.

I'm sure that it’ll become a huge weak point to myself who challenges the Holy Grail War, which is why I consciously decided not to think back on it, that and how I can’t particularly get a real feeling for the visual information that has abruptly appeared in front of me.

Elsa: “Lu――――”

Instantly I bite down on my lips which had called out his name.

Why can’t I yell out his name?
    Why can’t I reach out to him?
    Why can’t I run up to him?
    It’s a dream, after all.

Because I’m in the middle of an actual battlefield.

I can’t look that child’s face, now, I mustn’t look at him!
    I can’t say his name.
    Doing that is pointless!

It’ll just make my already weak self even more weaker.
    I’ll be an ordinary human, an ordinary woman, just a former mother.

There might be those who’d fight carrying that, but I just can’t. I decided to devote my everything to this fight, where I’ll have to try and kill the 6 Heroic Spirits who operate mysteries that are beyond human understanding, and the 6 Magi who control them.

Acting human like being happy at looking at the traces of my happiness in a dream, is absolutely unnecessary. It’ll only be a shackle to me in the end!

Be as cold as you can possibly be, be quiet……
    Don’t hold anything in your chest.

Don’t think. Don’t feel.
    It’s okay for a dream to surprise you.
    But, I must tread carefully…….

With just that.

If the things swirling in the depths of my heart were to burst open, surely, I wouldn’t be able to fight anymore.

Bear it.
    Endure it.

Desperately instruct these to yourself.

I have a feeling.
    That if I close my eyes even once, then everything will disappear, and the dream will maybe end.
    That’s fine by me.

Even if my brain worked for the satisfaction of my wish, even if it’s an intervention by the Collective Unconscious, or even if this is a mental strike by an enemy Servant who broke through my barriers, anything is fine by me even if this is a prank caused by one of Lord Oberon’s schemes whose spoken of in legends.

I don’t care.

――――It’s fine.

It’s already enough for me.
    After all this view will no longer bind me.

――――So, please. I’m sorry. Now, is still not good for me.

Part 1-C:
    Spoiler:

My cheeks were wet.
    My pillow too.

Needless to say, how the tears reached there from my eyes.
    As I look at my mirror while getting up from my bed, I saw myself with a terrible complexion.

If this was a somewhat romantic figure like a single woman soaked with tears, after having a sentimental dream, then that probably would’ve been somewhat preferable, I thought as I glare back with terribly squatted eyes at the figure of Elsa Saijou who had put on a bathrobe and was reflected in the mirror.

Although I’m mostly happy that I look younger than my age, my present appearance, had the feeling of a somewhat tired young girl, and I’m growing complex feelings about it. It’s far from the ideal of a beautiful idle woman.

Although it was the right choice to properly remove my make-up before I went to bed.

Thank you, apparently new Shiseido cleansing make-up product which I bought at the convenience store.

I think the name of product is “She” or “Seeds.” Since the somewhat strong make-up doesn’t fit with my looks, there are things that I can do such as finishing it with a bit of lip and foundation powder, but I wonder what would’ve happened if I had fallen asleep without cleaning it off?

On second thought, that’s terrifying.

Elsa: “Good Morning.”

As I’m muttering it, I check the time. Removing the wristwatch that I placed on my bedside.
    The time is 3:02 A.M.

Elsa: “……. Guess, it’s not.”

It’s too early to call this early morning.
    Late at night.

If I’m being more particular on it, then it’s right around early dawn.
    Entering the bathroom while checking that there wasn’t any enemy intrusions and the strength of my barriers again, I wash my face with the vigorously flowing water.

It’s cold.

With it at such a low temperature that it made me yell, I woke up thanks to that. Regardless of whether I did or didn’t go back to sleep, I wanted to clear my consciousness for once.

Elsa: “Why?”

I mumble so as to make it disappear amongst the sound of water.
    My thoughts are fixed for the Holy Grail War.
    My mindset.
    Moreover, I wonder why did I have that kind of dream?

No.

I know the reason without exaggerating it. I guess, I’ve talked about a lot of stuff with him.
    Over a time of really 4 days since his summoning, I finally told my Servant my real wish.

Elsa: “……. Archer.”

Suddenly, a voice slipped out of my lips.
    My tongue and throat called out his name.

He who materialized in Tokyo with a temporary body comprised of aether, and who should be watching over me even now in his spirit state.

The 3rd ranked male Servant.
    An ancient Parsian bow user.

Elsa: “Archer?”

My second shout-out.
    No answer.

He didn’t even carelessly return my call with his voice. I try a telepathic message next, ahh, but no response.
    So stupid.

If it’s my bedtime, then he should be on standby in spirit form. He said so himself, and he’s not the kind of character to break a promise that he’s spoken on without a reason. Again, I check the time on my wristwatch.

3 A.M.

It’s not without possibility that he’s in the middle of patrolling the area and felt some sort of presence, but I can’t believe that he would leave his Master alone. Dropping the bathrobe, I check the memo pad provided by the room as I quickly change my clothes.

No message.

Even if I try to erratically telepathically contact him, as expected there’s no answer.

Elsa: “No.”

Elsa suddenly shivers.

Could it be, that he was attacked by an enemy Servant and his Master――――
    ――――No. That’s completely impossible.

It’s easy to jump to a hasty conclusion and think up something like an attack.

He was just a few metres ahead of me.

He wasn’t left, right, in front or behind me, and putting it briefly he wasn’t in the room, and I can’t say that he’s outside the room or in the corridor, so that leaves above me.

Then right above me.

Even when Elsa was panicking and calling him, even when she was telepathically calling him, even when she was changing, he was most definitely always standing still in the same place just like that.

Part 1-D:
    Spoiler:

On the roof of the mountaintop hotel.
    Under the night sky, Archer seemed to be watching the glittering stars.

A starry sky in Tokyo.

Even though there were only a few stars, my fixed and seemingly interested gaze could confirm the figure of his back facing the sky.
    I wait for him, for just two seconds.

His gaze is to the stars unchanging.
    It’s unlikely that he’ll call out to me, since it somehow seems like he doesn’t have any intention of turning around and facing me.

Elsa: “Damn it, Archer!”

Although I had intended to let out a much more angrier voice.
    It’s a complete failure.
    Like a teenage girl sulking and ruining the mood, it became a sound like that.

Archer: “Yo.”

He turns around.
    And, said this as he smiles.

Archer: “It’s a fine night tonight. Master”

Good grief.

What kind of face is he making?
    I can’t get mad at him like this.

Even though I had intended to fully complain, “You didn’t message me even though you were only a few metres away, and it’s now way beyond not responding to my telepathic calls.”

I push past it with that momentum, and if I were able to then I’d dodge the issue――――even though I was faintly hoping that I could clearly avoid making these words.

Thank you for making the smart move.
    And, for making sure not to watch me as I cried during my sleep.
    I wonder if I can get by without saying it, but――――

Elsa: “Thank you. For worrying about me.”

Archer: “No problem? It was too nice of a night, and my feet just moved by itself. My bad.”
    Elsa: “……. Yeah.”
    Archer: “You can scold me if you want to. But well, the bad part is that I can’t say that I won’t do it again.”
    Elsa: “Geez. What’s with that?”

See, geez.
    He was completely smiling.
    His words, carried a meaning that I would still do the same thing if he was the one who was crying as he was sleeping.

How attentive to others is he?
    Is he a kind person?
    Or a kind hero?

Though he is undoubtedly the man who has carved himself into human history as an unparalleled great hero, and although he is an amazing being who can utilize his special move which reaches the domain of mysteries, how much does he think about me, this female magus who isn’t even much of a special existence?

The Holy Grail War.

Does he do so because of contract and relationship between Master and Servant?
    Or are his responses typical of a Servant?

No.
    No, I don’t think that’s the case.

Archer: “Did you have a good dream?”
    Elsa: “Yeah, kind of…...”

Archer. He wonders what kind of dream I had, though he can’t see through to it with those eyes.

Archer: “That’s good.”

Ahh, another laugh.

With his back to the twinkling stars and city lights.
    I really really think from the bottom of my heart, that I’m glad that I’m not a teenage girl.

This man……

Perhaps if I hadn’t lost my beloved a few years ago, perhaps if I didn’t have a wish to the Holy Grail, perhaps if I hadn’t continue sensing the 5-minute later hell in the world――――

Archer: “What’s wrong Elsa, you’re staring at my face? Ahh, you’ve fallen in love with me, haven’t you? Well, no wonder. There is a fine man here, after all.”
    Elsa: “Yeah yeah. ………Whatever, fine man my butt. You idiot!”
    Arash and Elsa are constantly swapping around with Tatsumi and Jekyll for my fave Master-Servant pairing. It's actually ridiculous how good they are together.

I really liked Elsa's POV too. These booklets are really good for extra stuff like this, and showing off how good Nakahara's gotten as an artist.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,
    Here is the completed translations for the second story of the side story "Fragments" from the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD 2: "Heroes."

Fragment 4: It’s Just Like “ .”
    Part 2-A:
    Spoiler:

Story 2: It’s just like “ .“
    It was just on a whim.
    Surprisingly, I came to a place away from my hunting grounds.
    If it’s a sense of my life beforehand, then it’s totally in the category of nearby places, but……...

I――――I who am known as Servant Assassin just utter a little sigh.

At my window-side seat, of a nation-wide family restaurant chain that’s a bit separated from Ikebukuro station.
    While pretending to be an ordinary human, an ordinary foreigner, an ordinary customer, in a state where I’ve turned into the form of a girl who wore the latest conspicuous clothes……

It’s evening on the 6th day of the Holy Grail War.
    How did I get to be in a place like this, I wonder?
    I search my memories.

First, I left the north entrance of Ikebukuro Station like always, towards the commercial district in Peace Street and as I passed by the front of the Chinatown entrance, there was a sweet aroma wafting in the air.

From the large number of commuter passengers who were excitedly rushing around Ikebukuro Station using it as their terminal station, to the quiet state of the local citizenry who lived in the area towards the station’s north entrance, I walk towards it, while taking in the gradually changing natures of the people going around the area.

Walking…...

Before I knew it, I was leaving main street by passing through the commercial district, the people who were coming and going via walking had firmly decreased, and it seemed like the few drunks there had become like my own prey.
    In front of my eyes, this family restaurant, grandly towered over me like a citadel or a military fortress that’s long been in serviced.

Assassin: “……………..”

I breathe out another sigh.

My face reflected in the very huge glass windows which were inserted in place of a wall, appears truly depressed, and it seems like I have a really gloomy air coiled around me. '
    Although I’d be happy to hear it, if someone were to say to me that I was adorned and tinged with sorrow, if they said it to me frankly then it’d be depressing.
    Yes, there were a few interesting phrases within this Far Eastern language.

How tedious.
    I feel depressed.

Since the later appears to vaguely resemble a similar sounding expression which indicates the death of a holy person in the Oriental world, it may mean that in the Far East, a woman like myself might be an outrageously vicious existence.

Could I be thinking on this too much?

To that extent.
    Every night, every night.

There could be lots of males calling out to this dark woman, me――――I vaguely think as such, and as I slowly spin my thoughts while placing the straw stretching from the glass with bitter black juice and water in it to my mouth, it was at moment when……...

Waitress: “Huh? No way, why if it isn’t Kitano!? What are ya doing in a place like this?

What’s going on?

In the back seat, the waitress girl is making a buzz about something.
    She’s talking about something with a customer.
    Although, it appears she called out their name.

I failed to hear it.

Kitano: “W, well that’s, ah how do I say it, I was on a walk with my friend? Y, yeah that’s it, you see, I was on a walk.”
    Waitress: “Ahaha, what’s with that? No way, don’t tell me that you intentionally came all the way here from Setagaya to Ikebukuro by walking, did ya?”

The one talking with the waitress, was a boy who was likely the same age as the girl.

A boy.
    The “walk” part was definitely a lie.
    He must be rather terrible at lying.

In that kind of manner, he wouldn’t survive in a world of permanent battlefields like the one I once lived in.

No.
    That’s fine.

“That’s fine with me,” I mutter internally to myself.

Whether it’s in the past or now, it won’t change.
    The youth who live honestly like this must be protected.
    Those who become warriors in every country and era, must fight to defend them.
    That’s no different even for an assassin.

Waitress: “So, who’s the friend? Sasaki?”
    Kitano: “Umm.”
    Waitress: “Ahh I know. It was a girl, isn’t it!?”
    Kitano: “Hell no. It’s a guy, definitely a guy! That is, I mean he kinda goes to a different school, hey. Or rather wait, this is the first time I’ve heard of you working part-time at a family restaurant. Does that mean Nishimura, that you’ve been keeping quiet about working at school so that you could expressly come out to Ikebukuro?”
    Nishimura: “Yeah……”

I can see by the waitress girl’s stiffening that she was uttering a small groan.

Since all the events were happening behind me, I couldn’t read their expressions, however judging from their vocal tones which were acting like it was the end of the world, then they were probably making identical faces to them.

What a really extreme exaggeration.
    It’s not as if they’ve degenerated into slaves who live just to die.
    But, it’s true.

Their exchange which was like the lovely chirping of songbirds, was for sure a thing of the world where people live.

Nishimura: “I kinda got a lot of stuff going on right now. A lot.”
    Kitano: “Yeah, yeah.”
    Nishimura: “I got proper permission from the school. I’m not lying. But I’ll say it to you once just in case, please keep it a secret from the school and especially especially please don’t tell the guidance teacher!”
    Kitano: “I won’t tell. I won’t tell!”
    Nishimura: “Really?”
    Kitano: “Well, I don’t have a reason to make trouble for you.”
    Nishimura: “I see. ……Ahahha, I thought this before but you’re a really nice guy, Kitano!”

I sip the ice-coffee through my straw.

Bitter.
    I guess this is probably one kind of river.
    It’s strange.

Even though Tokyo is a capital at the very ends of the Far East, it’s selling these drinks which ought to have been invented in Persia like it was natural. Before I think on the development of the distribution business throughout time, I obviously, still think it’s strange.

Even though I can’t feel even a bit of a trace of sand here.
    There are drinks which have spread here from my birthplace after my death, where silly youths twitter about, the world of people.
    It’s terribly distant to me.

Though there was a conversation echoing right behind me, it feels like I’m peeking into the story of a far-off land.

Kitano: “Oh yeah, that’s right. Have you heard about this strange rumour?”
    Nishimura: “What’re you talking about so suddenly?”
    Kitano: “You know, Death Mary of Ikebukuro. I heard about it on the radio.”
    Nishimura: “Oh Ohh. That Miss Mary! Yeah, I heard they were talking and making a buzz about it on midnight radio, right? That DJ is good, wait you were listening to that? I know it’s popular among girls, but do boys like you listen to it?”
    Kitano: “It was casually being transmitted, when I turned on the radio.”
    Nishimura: “Hehhh.”

Suddenly, I had a hallucination like my name had been called.

Miss Mary.
    11 p.m. Death Mary.
    But that’s, me.

I knew that the predatory actions that I did while going alone was turning into such a rumour.
    But, now as I listen to this, I’m getting a feeling similar to suddenly being stabbed.
    Someone unfamiliar to me, was talking about me, with another someone who was unfamiliar to me.

Nishimura: “From what I heard, the corpses somehow had their heads practically melted. Hey, wasn’t there a movie like that?”
    Kitano: “Scanners?”
    Nishimura: “That’s it! The one where their brains exploded like pow!”

No.
    There’s a huge difference.
    I don’t melt the victim’s head.

But, since I feel like there are those amongst my successive generations of leaders who operate skills that blow up the target’s head, it might not necessarily even be a chance rumour.

No.
    Forget it, it doesn’t fit the theory.
    There’s no way that’s true.

But as a precaution, it seems necessary for me to check out that movie.

Nishimura: “She wrote a lot in lipstick, I think?”
    Kitano: “That true?”
    Nishimura: “Yeah. She wrote something in the mirror like, “Welcome to some kind of world!” I think?”
    Kitano: “Heh…….”
    Nishimura: “Then, the people who also looked into the mirror died too. Which is why a lot of police officers have died as well.”
    Kitano: “So, it’s not a rumour like I thought?”
    Nishimura: “No, it’s real, I’ve heard customers talking about it.”

No.
    That’s wrong too.

I did nothing to the effect of writing characters in a mirror with over the counter lipstick.

However, it is worth seeing just how much information about said poisonings, is being suppressed by the investigative authorities.
    As long as they can’t label a guess on the poison which was endowed on me in my lifetime, no matter what kind of doctor they use, then…….

At the same time, it appears that they can detect my poison, which had now converted into my mysterious body with their modern chemical knowledge although…….no, I shouldn’t let my guard down.

When I search for my prey, I pile caution upon caution even more than I do now.
    It’s a pain to kill decoy investigators, after the fact.
    I’m careful when I kill.
    I take care when I devour souls.

I can’t afford to become a burden or an annoyance, to that person.

Assassin:
    “Phew…….”

A breath.
    It leaked out larger than I thought. As I tried to stare at the townscape of the Ikebukuro area, my form was being reflected in the window. The boy in the seat behind me isn’t being reflected in it.
    I can glimpse the back of his head to a degree.

I wonder what kind of face is he making?

Judging by the feel of his voice, his age is definitely roughly in his mid-teens. It’s not much different from me in my lifetime. It’s roughly the same as my appearance.
    The menu item I ordered was grapefruit juice. An item that was squeezed from some strange fruit.

I wonder if it’s sweet? Or bitter?

Kitano: “Nishimura, I think you should be careful because you’re close to Ikebukuro station. When work is over, I think you should go straight home without stopping at the game centre etc.”
    Nishimura: “Eh, but doesn’t Miss Mary only target guys?”
    Kitano: “That’s true, but it’s dangerous at night.”
    Nishimura: “Ahaha.”

She smiles and dodges the issue. The boy’s kind words were taken in the form of a fruitless effort. I see, more than the boy, the waitress girl has the air of being a little bit more worldlier than him.

Ahh, I do have that move.

I think I’ll try consciously smiling for tonight’s hunt.
    I’m aware that my smiles are bad, and that I usually don’t smile.
    Despite having thoroughly studied the art of seduction in my former life, I still can’t get used to the thing called conversation no matter what――――

Part 2-B:
    Spoiler:

I didn’t hear the voice of the boy in the seat behind me, anymore.
    The waitress girl had been warned by a girl who seemed to be her superior and returned to work while saying “I’m sorry.”
    If the two’s conversation had been interrupted, then, I had no way to listen to his voice.

I can’t talk to him by myself.
    I’m closing my lips, to the best of my ability. I can only open my mouth when I tempt my prey and steal their lives.
    Besides……...

I also have no matters that I must talk to him about.

Although it’s probably possible for me to lure him by saying, “I know Miss Mary’s true identity,” there’s no point in me expressly doing so.
    It’s probably more reasonable for me, to kill my surprised opponent on top of revealing my real identity if I think from that context, however I’ll be just like an evil djinn in that case.

It’s still more evil than the “Miss Mary,” who is being gossiped about on the radio.

Kitano: “……I guess nothing bad is gonna happen, now, right?”

Muttering.
    A voice.
    Daringly, I shake my throat and let it ride on my tongue, as I try to utter it from my lips.
    My voice which I had emitted for the first time in a day, was getting a bit husky.

Assassin: “――――――”

Although there were hints like the boy behind me was looking over his shoulder at me, I ignored them.
    It’s not like I want to get involved with him.
    Rather it’s the reverse.
    It’s a pain to even get involved with a Tokyo resident.

Silence.

I only stare beyond the window, and gaze at the town, watching the people coming and going.
    Waiting impatiently for night to come.

The inside of the family restaurant is lively as it ever was, and me and the boy could keep enough of a distance without saying something to each other for a while.

2 seconds pass, 10 seconds pass.

After a further 10 minutes, he stands up from his seat and leaves the store after fully paying his bill. In the end, I didn’t get to see his face, just the figure of his back reflected in the window glass. It’d be a lie if I said that I didn’t think about wanting to see it, but I didn’t believe that I should put on some sort of act to see it.

And then, on the night of that day.

I am totally, fed up, when I start my new hunt. I was completely forgetting about, what kind of voice he had and what kind of words that he was talking about. I forget everything, and as I place my lips on top of man that I chose as my prey, I kill him.

I devour his soul, in a daze.

I use the infamous lipstick that they were still reporting about and leave Mary’s name in the mirror.
    The kind boy’s existence who so lovingly chirps, completely disappears, from my mind.

Part 2-C:
    Spoiler:

That’s why…...

2 days later.

Even if I had heard the voice of the other person that I was going to kill from here on out, I had, no idea whatsoever.
    I hadn’t realized it.

――――――I think, surely it wasn’t him.
    Ya know, when I looked at the pic I also wondered if it was Tatsumi sitting behind Serenity.

Haha, rip ;_;

Thanks as usual, Phoenix.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Where are you seeing the pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Where are you seeing the pictures?
    I bought the drama cd packages that came with the extra story booklets. Can't read anything but its really nice looking at pictures of cute Serenity in a fluffy sweater, or Bryn in a forest being a Disney Princess.

- - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt the booklets will ever get scanned lol

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Be the hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3