Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments Complete Version

Quote Originally Posted by SmartCable View Post

It could be the dagger, the other weapon bestow to him from god, but do I hope it's Avalon so that it can rehash this phrase from S/N in a new awkward light.

It does make me wonder if we'll see what Ayaka's origin is.

US Friend Code
    You know if it is Avalon then why wouldn't Arthur used it more in the war? It would have came really handy in a lot of places
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I assume Proto Avalon is different.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Hi guys,
    Here is Part One of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 1: Little Lady Arc - Special Act "Servants"

Part 1-A: From Ayaka's Perspective
    Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver
    Novel 1: Little Lady Arc - Special Act "Servants"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The girl is once again being toyed with by the Holy Grail War―――――
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------
    On a certain day in February 1999, 8:25 A.M.
    Suginami District, A Private High School’s Front Main Gate.
    Lots of students are going to school.

There are students who are walking and chatting while linking up with someone, students who discover their friends and exchange greetings with them, students who were waving their hands in all directions endeavouring to make an effort in their morning training in the school yard, while some are quietly passing through the school gates by themselves.

In Ayaka Sajyou’s case, she sorted into the last category.

There were hardly any times when she’ll say, “I’m together with someone on the way to school.” She’ll reply when greeted, of course, but she won’t ever find someone by herself or call out to them, she also won’t ever consciously gaze at the morning schoolyard because that’s the one scenery that she always passes by.

That’s why, she is alone again today. She is walking, amongst kids of the same age who wore the same uniform as her.
    Towards the entrance, which she passes through while giving a slight bow to the educational guidance instructor who stands at the side of the main gate.

Since when did it start―――
    Since when did she naturally choose to be alone.

Even if she could make a friend who she’d might call a “bestie,” she’d keep to a certain level of distance with them.
    Even now, if she were to consider trying to search for one then she’d probably find one or two classmates, although elementary and middle school should have the same students, she wouldn’t be aware of them.
    It should be wrong for her to say, “I have no friends.”

It’s not like she didn’t have friends to call as such. Among her female classmates, she had a few, a girl who she speaks relatively well with, and a girl who shares some subjects with her.

Ayaka: (……...Yeah. There’s a few)

Ayaka mutters in her thoughts.
    Friends. If she didn’t have many, then she was aware of it.
    Is it her fate as a magus?
    Should she keep adequate relationships with the world?
    It may be right, or it might be wrong for her. Even so, until 8 years ago or more specifically―――back when she was an elementary student, she felt like the number of her friends was just a bit more than the ones she had now.
    The reason soon appears in her mind.

8 years ago, what happened to her when she was a 2nd grade elementary student?
    Or rather to be exact, then “not to herself,” but what had happened in her own surroundings?
    8 years ago, the magic ritual held in Tokyo of 1991, took away her father and older sister, as a result, lots of the sceneries that Ayaka lived in had completely changed.

Ayaka: (The Holy Grail War. The second one, a large-scale magic ritual for the sake of a great ambition.)

She recalls the name of the ritual.
    Usually, despite not having to be consciously on the lookout for some kind of magical entanglements while at school, the one who thought like this, believes that it couldn’t be helped even for herself.
    After all, it, has already started.

On the night of that day, although she couldn’t clearly remember much about the sensation of the blade piercing through this chest―――no, she didn’t want to remember that―――but, her fear of that time, was able to revive her vivid memories of it. If she were to let her mind wander even the slightest, then even her walking along like this could be an illusion or a desire, but that’s something that’s not in this reality, her real self is not in the middle of going to die by being pierced through the chest by a lance in the middle of Garden, so even that seems like an illusion.
    Her feet, her entire body, appears to be trembling from the bottom of her heart.

She appears petrified.
    ‘I am weak.’ She was fully aware of that. If she surrenders herself to her fear now, then there’s no doubt that all of herself will be blotted out in the blink of an eye.
    ‘But, that’s not going to happen.’
    ‘I’m going to walk. I will pass through the main gate, and head towards the entrance. It’s alright.’
    ‘Because this single-feathered Command Seal engraved on my chest, tells me that I am never alone.’
    He who is clad in blue and silver, is my ―――’

???: “Good Morning, Sajyou.”

Ayaka: “Ah, oh, Good Morning, Isemi―――”

Suddenly a voice calls out to her, so she turns around.

Since she was completely concentrating on her own inner self-conscious, her behavioural response became somewhat awkward. Her expression really became that of a surprised person, and more than anything, her voice. She, might’ve toppled over a bit.
    As for, the voice’s master who greeted her with “Good Morning,” everything was perfect with him.

A bright voice. Cheerful looks. On top of that, he’s ecstatically, raising his right hand up high like that.
    The transfer student, Isemi. A classmate with brightly coloured hair, who had transferred in at a strange time.

Isemi/Rider: “Nice weather today, huh? You’re making quite the gloomy face, are you worried about something? Is it about today’s pop quiz?”
    Ayaka: “Umm.”

Pointing three topics at her at once, she is lost, for a moment.
    ‘Nice weather. I guess that’s true.’
    ‘I don’t think I’m making a gloomy face, but I am concerned about something. Although, I can’t mention it to people.’
    ‘Umm, was there a short quiz scheduled for today?’

Isemi/Rider: “Miss Sajyou. You, often go to school a lot by yourself, don’t you?”
    Ayaka: “Huh……?”

‘Just as I was wondering about where I should start answering from, another topic already?’

Isemi/Rider: “I wonder, do you like being alone?”
    Ayaka: “N-No, not at all.”
    Isemi/Rider: “Don't you?”

Isemi’s bright face, was closer than she had anticipated.
    He easily steps over the “certain” distance which Ayaka half-unconsciously created, coming at her with smile in his expression which suited the morning cheeriness. It’s a friendly enough face. He always, shows this expression, within their circle of classmates.
    ‘Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him alone?’

Ayaka: (……...What is it?)

She recalls the pigeons who’d often come gathering at her feet, when she was a child. Recently, although the pigeons seem to be the same as usual, crows have been growing attached to her as well even though this wasn’t the case before.
    Ayaka didn’t know, of a friend who’d approach her like this.
    If it’s a human boy, especially so.

Suddenly, Saber’s profile crosses the back of her mind.
    Although, he has the outer appearance of man about a little bit older than herself, he is not human.
    So, for a young man to naturally approach her like this, too, is weird for her―――

Isemi/Rider: “You see, my friend was also a child who was alone a lot. However, everything about him is different from you.”
    Ayaka: “Isemi……is this friend, a friend from your previous school?”
    Isemi/Rider: “Oh! Speaking of school, Sajyou, the rumours of the south side school building, have you already heard them?”
    Ayaka: “Huh??”

He answered her question with a question.
    Moreover. The subject. It was like he had suddenly changed it again.

As Ayaka is tilting her neck with her thoughts, Isemi kept on piling his words one after the other. According to him, after school, there are rumours of an ominous phantom appearing in the south side of the school building, or is it that that are gas incidents or something repeatedly occurring in all kinds of places within the Tokyo metropolitan area? Whether it was a ghost story that he had heard from their classmates, or a story that was in the newspaper or on TV, one after another his stories were very obscure and had invisible intentions hidden within them.

Either way, uninformed Ayaka just tilts her head.

Ayaka: “You know, Isemi, for someone who just transferred in, you certainly are well-informed…...”
    Isemi/Rider: “That’s not true. It hasn’t been very long since I came here, and I seem to get dizzy with just the stuff that I don’t know about. Ah, but you know, there a couple of things that I do know about.”
    Ayaka: “What?”
    Isemi/Rider: “About you for one. Miss Ayaka Sajyou.”
    Ayaka: “Huh?”

Suddenly, he called her by her full name.
    Without being able to answer him right away, Ayaka casts doubt at him with her gaze.

Isemi/Rider: “There are lots of times where a girl like yourself should be together with someone. And yet, you, have taken it upon yourself to choose to be alone. It’s true in the classroom, and it’s true even now.”
    Ayaka: “T-That’s not…….”

‘True.’
    And with that, Ayaka couldn’t declare it.
    It’s the same when she goes to school, between classes, during lunch breaks, and even after school like this.
    If she is able to talk then she’ll answer him, but there is hardly anything, that she can do by herself.

Isemi/Rider: “There is.”

The second, of the same exchange.
    As she raises her gaze which had moved towards her feet, Isemi’s face was right there before her eyes. The transfer student who had in a blink of an eye obtained popularity with her female classmates, and whose bright coloured hair suits him well. A boy, who is friendly and always smiling.

Ayaka: “Are you, perhaps…?”

In that moment. From his face like that.

Isemi/Rider: “I wonder……”

The usual bright look on his face disappears.

Isemi/Rider: “Do you perhaps hate humans?”

A feeling of nothingness, filled with a coldness similar to a mask, just like a―――

Part 1-B: 3rd Person Narration
    Spoiler:

―――In a place at the edge of Tokyo.
    There was a conflict surrounding the Holy Grail.

―――The victor certainly existed.
    But, no one obtained the Grail.

―――And then, 8 years later.

―――The Holy Grail, has once again manifested in this Tokyo.
    Under seven Masters, now, seven Servants will gather.

―――The Second Historical Holy Grail War begins.

Part 1-C: 3rd Person Narration
    Spoiler:

Sky Silver Fragments Novel 1: Little Lady Arc
    「Special Act: Servants」

Servants.
    Heroic Spirits who have manifested.

Saber.
    Berserker.
    Archer.
    Lancer.
    Rider.
    Caster.
    Assassin.

The most powerful illusions that have been divided into seven classes by the Holy Grail.

They are very powerful.
    As mentioned above.
    They can split steel, smash the earth, and even pierce the sky.

They who have been constructed with temporary bodies by magic, are not proper living creatures.
    Even if they do possess an appearance that resembles a human, they are not human. Hiding destructive power and a tenacity that far surpasses a human’s, or a creature’s, they manifest as they were in their legends.

But, they are also―――

(An extract from an old notebook)

Part 1-D: Lancer's POV
    Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Same day, Late at night.
    Shinjuku Prefecture, Tokyo, Shinjuku Central Park.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beyond the green trees that surrounded the West Shinjuku high-rise building, was a man.
    All of a sudden, the man shows up, in front of the large water fountain which had taken its name from the Niagara river which flows down onto Lake Ontario. If someone were to perhaps witness it――― then although there are almost no homeless who would approach this midnight watering hole, in this season―――they would probably receive it, as a man having appeared in this spot out of nowhere. For example, he instantaneously traversed space, or.

No. It is not space transference. It is a magic level technique.
    The man had done nothing more than released his spiritualisation.
    The truth is that he had been in this area since a while ago. Although, just not in a form that was visible to the eyes.

Man: “Now, then.”

He was a hero who was cladded in armour.
    His metallic armour which covers his left arm from over both of his shoulders, sparkles in the street lights.
    Within the lightweight equipment on his right arm in contrast to his left arm, is a lone lance. Easily exceeding the man’s tall height, it was a long lance that appears to be made out of wood.

It differs in appearance from the types of lances, which could be seen on Japanese battlefields in the past.
    This is also true for his armour. It is reminiscent of foreign tastes. Including his lance and armour, his manly figure couldn’t stand out very much against the surrounding scenery, so is it perhaps the cataract-styled water fountain and the green trees’ fault, then that it appears to have grown accustomed to him? From the start, this park is floating against the cityscape called West Shinjuku. Within this “tall” city of lined-up high-rise buildings which gives one the impression of a cutting-edge civilization, it is truly irregular, then for there to be a grandiose water fountain and a green park with an opened gaping wide entrance in it.

Man 1: “I’ve been knocking around the city centre, or perhaps I should say I've was trying to make my way here but …….”

As he closes one of his eyes, the man looks up at one of the high rise buildings―――
    Looking up at the Shinjuku Sumitomo building, he twists his mouth.

Man 1: “Are you really in here? I’m way beyond speechless, you’ve got my admiration sir.”

A second spiritualisation.
    Like the dissolving sound of the water fountain’s water, Lancer’s figure vanishes.

West Shinjuku, in the group of high-rise buildings.

Until the Tokyo Metropolitan new government office building completed its construction a few years ago, the building which boasted West Shinjuku’s largest surface height, was the Shinjuku Sumitomo building. The brilliance beneath one’s eyes which can be seen from a height of 210 metres, can also make the illusion of one glimpsing into an ocean of stars.

Of course, there is no way they can be stars.
    Those are after all, devices invented by humans.
    In short, there’s not much of a great difference between their application and a bonfire which lights up the night.

???: “Same as ever――――”

One of the Heroic Spirits happened to be there.
    It was a king like man, with sparkling gold hair.

Man 2: “Nay, it is the desire of a person whose rarely grown so magnificently fat. Not tired of his five desires, o’ this capital which has even acquired the desire of consumption at the end of a hazy prosperity, is so ironically at its limits. I am in the body of a clown and as conceited as a king’s castle without a king, so shall I burn myself on the fires of pleasure, I will build up my castle walls, all so I can reach the heavens!”

A hero among heroes.
    A king among kings.
    Therefore, they were the words that rule the present-day itself through the eyes of the city.

Man 2: “What a ridiculous thing. In a temple without its priest, what on earth are they praying to!?”

It is not arrogance.
    It is not pomposity.
    There are things that must be there, even for hm, a genuine king who had appeared in Tokyo.

Lancer: “How should I know? Humans and the like, don’t seem to have changed much since my time.”

Undoing his spiritualisation―――
    Lancer materialized, in front of the golden Heroic Spirit’s eyes.

Man 2: “Is that your showpiece or a decoration, Lance user?”
    Lancer: “Who knows?”

Before the eyes of his formidable enemy whom he must kill, he shrugs his shoulders in a calm manner. Of course, he also long noticed that the person in front of him, was able to sense his presence. Heroic Spirits who participate in the Holy Grail War, can sense the unique presence of a Servant. The conversation is different if it is in a specific spot, but its possibly risky for a Servant of any class hierarchy to venture a guess and just say, “He’s approaching.”

Even so he remains in this place, magnificently standing like this.
    Like this.
    He calls out, to the voice.
    He knows just by looking that he’s not your average Servant.
    To put it more aptly, he could grasp it if he can sense for signs with his skin and not his vision.

Lancer:
    (Well, it’s not as if I particularly mind)

He thinks of his own Master’s profile.
    That is, what kind of a reaction will she make if he tells her about this golden-coloured hero? Specifically, he was interested in what kind of facial expressions she’d make. No way, that’s, not in her nature to be surprised to know that the other guy is a formidable enemy.

Lancer:
    (Saber is fine, but this guy is equal to well…. a reprehensible big shot.)

‘Good grief.’
    While exhaling a sigh, Lancer shrugs his shoulders.

Although he was told by his master, “I don’t mind if you kill him.” He should probably leave it, right here.
    At the very least, he’s not an opponent to quarrel with in his current state with his Noble Phantasm still sealed.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; July 18th, 2018 at 01:48 AM.

Hi guys,
    Here is Part Two and the last part of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 1: Little Lady Arc - Special Act "Servants."

Since I've finished the first novel, I'll be moving to the 2nd Novel [Best Friend] next which focuses on Misaya Reiroukan.

Part 2-A: 3rd Person Narrative
    Spoiler:

―――Generally, people do not know about this large-scaled magic ritual.
    Only one person must be the victor.

―――It is 8 years ago.

―――The manifested Holy Grail, is in this Tokyo.

―――The First Historical Holy Grail War has begun.

Part 2-B: Saber's POV
    Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------
    On a certain day in February 1991, early dawn.
    Chuuouku District, Harumi Pier.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    How should one compare, the shadows of the group of buildings which stretches across the coast line to?
    Concerning the present era, since minimum information has been automatically brought, to they who hath materialized as Servants, it is said that we either fall down in impossible to understand confusion in front of seeing something for the first time, or we don’t even feel the shock of surprise towards the unknown―――but I’m unable to say it for sure.

‘Ah, I see.’ I guess he had become able to obtain a comprehension of some sort.
    For example, about the scene before him.

In the darkness of the early dawn which was past midnight, the giant shadow that was formed by the Tokyo Bay Waterfront District’s high-rise building, even as he saw it contrast with the darkness of the sea beneath his eyes, Saber was not particularly surprised by it.

Harumi Pier.
    Besides himself on the coastal roads, they were uninhabited.
    Saber turns his gaze, towards the beyond.

Above the black Tokyo Bay―――
    There, magnificently and even sublimely towering over the surroundings, he could see a figure of a glittering temple.
    But it isn’t just one temple.

Many temples forms its majestic appearance by heaping them into multiple layers, making it an extra-large temple complex. If he assumes that all of the passageways which are visible to his eyes were something that actually exists and are not illusions, then he could measure it with his eyes that it’s something whose over-all length is easily a few kilometres. Its majestic appearance was as if it had fallen down on top of the sea, just like the starry night. In this city which has lost most of its starlight because of the light that filled the earth’s surface, it is far too ironic.

Without realizing it, he had become captivated by it.

He cannot say that he knows much, in the sense of only having knowledge of a minimum amount of things, and yet it shouldn’t be that greatly different from it and the shadow of the buildings running along the bay.
    The cluster of lights floating on the sea, is beautiful.

Without restraining himself, the scene seemed worthy enough for him to value it.

But. However. That was not the shine of a real starry night.
    It is merely reflecting the prana brought by the Heroic Spirit whom he must defeat along with its luminescence.

That name―――Truly, this is a large shining temple complex.

Manaka: “Rider’s Noble Phantasm, huh? I don’t, want to let you go into that kind of place.”
    Saber: “Manaka.”

While calling out her name, he turns around to the Master beside him.
    As she allows the temple’s glittering radiance to be reflected in them, his cloudy eyes were uneasily staring at himself.

For example, if the entirety of this city were not the battlefield for which he would cross swords on while seeking the Holy Grail, then as a knight, it made him believe that he should offer up a poem to her ―――to her eyes, which were filled with such loveliness.

It’s as if the wisdom of the stars dwelt there, in her eyes.
    However, they are blurring. They are shaking uneasily.

Saber grasped, that the reason for it, was because of his apprehensions for what the girl was stashing away in the depth of her eyes.

Saber:
    “That temple was deployed in order to summon me. More precisely, me, Archer, and Lancer. Seeing that the movements of the other two are still unclear, at the very least I must go, otherwise, he might carry out his proclamation.”
    Manaka: “You mustn’t. By yourself, how!”
    Saber: “I am aware of the danger.”

Rider who can control many Noble Phantasms is a powerful Heroic Spirit even if he is an individual. Moreover, upon ascertaining that at least two of the giant beasts which had shown its might in the battle the other day were present inside of the temple on top of the ocean, it’s not hard to imagine that the temple itself is a threat to him.

That temple is, most likely something similar to a reality marble.
    Noble Phantasms which are controlled by the Heroic Spirits who participate in the Holy Grail War are all powerful weapons in general, but Rider’s one is in a different order of magnitude. Literally, he can say that his opponent differs in rank from average heroes and great men. It could be a case, where he is just calling himself a “king among kings.”

And, that he is longing for such a title.
    By settling it with Saber.

If he doesn’t respond to his “invitation” to his great temple which is visible from yonder, then he probably will turn the whole of Tokyo into a sea of fire without waiting for the dawn with his flying solar ship. Since Rider has just enough power to make that kind of violence possible, there is only a few facing him in number, but he really feels that this Heroic Spirit is not the kind of person who’d similarly drop threats of only lip service.

Tokyo. This, capital at the end of the east.

It’ll never be Britain to him, nor will the people who live there be his subjects.
    Even so―――

Saber: “This is my selfish wish. I, I want to stop him!”
    Manaka: “Really, I see. So, even you, can sometimes whine like a small child. “
    Saber: “I’m so sorry.”
    Manaka: “……. Please, don’t make that face. I’m the one who should’ve been able to do something for you as your Master.”

Quietly, the girl who is his master nods.
    Originally, they were unbelievable words.

This very young girl, while serving as an enemy who should be defeating the head of a family of mysteries which are controlled by magi that crosses over dozens of names, the one who boasts that she’ll “do something about it by herself” and so on, even supposing that she had a natural talent for magic, no, first of all, he should probably judge whether she’s speaking the impossible. That family is in the mountain district of the western part of Tokyo, hiding in the depths of their magic workshop which has strong barriers stretched around it.

In a magical fortress, or even in a labyrinth full of death traps.
    A frail girl, shouldn’t even be able to sneak in there. Even if she does accomplish it, there should be no way that she could challenge and survive a magic battle with dozens of magi as her opponents, all by herself.
    But, Saber quietly informed the girl.

“Thank you.”

Since he already knew, the power of the Master who will face the Holy Grail War together with himself.

Manaka: “Honestly, geez! You really are a very egoistical prince, you know that.”

His Master―――
    Manaka Sajyou, comes and nestles tightly close to him.

The girl’s green dress overlaps, with his blue and silver armour. It is undoubtably her intention, to not make him feel the weight of her body. Although they have gotten much closer recently, Manaka, has consistently never directly touched Saber by herself.

Manaka: “You really can’t get enough of saving others, can you? They’re so fragile and fleeting, humans that is.”

The girl’s pure white fingertips, the palm of her hand, turns towards his silver coloured breastplate. Like that she places her palm against his chest. The truth is, that is, while stopping a bit on the brink of it……

Manaka:
    “You always make me worry about you.”

Her cheeks puff up a little.
    It was a charming gesture.

Were it not for this dark slaughter and so on, if it’s certainly fit for a flower garden with bright sunshine pouring in it, then it is the gesture of a flower that reminds one of brilliance and innocence. After that, all of a sudden, she looks up at Saber’s face in a ‘I just had an idea’ kind of manner.

Slightly, her expression darkens.

Manaka: “I worry about you. I worry, and worry, to the point where I might cry, but……”

As it is, with a smile on her troubled face.

Manaka: “But you know, the me who isn’t worried, is here somewhere in my heart too. Because I know you won’t lose, no matter what kind of Heroic Spirit you face. For the sword that you wield, will tear apart all of your enemies, the radiance that you flourish, will smash up all of your enemies. Hey, Saber. My Saber. Even if the Holy Grail War were to perhaps be carried out again, I―――”

Saber: “You won’t lose. To anyone, right”

Quiet words.
    His voice fully melts, into the night sky where the few number of stars contrasts with the ocean’s surface.
    Directly after that―――

The presence of a giant body, comes flying out. As if on reflex, he spins his arm around Manaka’s waist, taking to a defensive stance.

He counter-attacks without thinking, while planning only of the perfect defence for his Master, he sharpens his gaze. Without 2 seconds lapsing, the shadow is visible in his field of vision. The gigantic body which probably came flying drawing an arc from above Tokyo Bay, lands clearly, in front of his gaze.

Its huge body which is more than a semi-trailer, was easily landing without even so much as an impact.
    Its speed and mass, disregards the lethal amount of energy which ought to be taken to both its giant body and the hard road surface, killing the laws of physics, while spreading just enough wind to softly rustle the girl’s skirt.

It was a human face.
    It was a lion.

With a face that wore a characteristic headdress on it, it had the body of a lion which is the king of beasts.
    Gigantic. A giant body. A huge frame.
    A miraculous beast that was endowed with overwhelming mass.

It, with a quiet look which made one feel as if it had a type of sacredness to it, was looking down at Saber and Manaka with a pair of lightless eyes. A scout, or a vanguard? Or is it an intentional messenger who is here to inform him of his second invitation?

Saber: “Rider’s Sphinx―――”

The giant beast’s name escapes from Saber’s lips.
    It is the name, of something which shouldn’t be stepping firmly on the earth in this modern era. A legendary monster spoken of in Babylonia and Ancient Greece, as a human headed-lion bodied Chimera. In the further distant past, in Ancient Egypt of a few thousand years ago, it was a legendary quadrupedal beast that was feared as the manifestation of raging wind and flames, the incarnation of Horus in the surface world who governs the heavens. Its other name, is said to be Abū al-Hawl[1].

A beast with many legends running from the Mediterranean Sea to West Asia. If an inexperienced Magus was the one in this spot, then they might have misunderstood it right away as “What kind of Monstrous Beast has he summoned,” however, there is utterly no reason to fit this into the container of a Monstrous Beast.

So then, what is it?
    That is―――

A thing that dwells within legends.
    A thing that sleeps within illusions.
    A thing that exists within myths.

A Phantasmal Species.
    A beast that has been imagined. A being only spoken of within old legends.
    Not equal to any well-known life-form, these beings who have transformed themselves into the form of mysteries themselves, has been classified according to court rank into ‘Monstrous Beasts,’ ‘Phantasmal Beasts,’ and ‘Divine Beasts.’

In that case, this…... This great beast is something else.

It is something, that makes demons fall prostrate, destroys illusions, and governs the earth’s surface with its sacred might.
    A Divine Beast―――Falling under the undoubtedly highest rank if one excludes dragon kin, it’s a holy beast!

Sphinx: “■■■■■■■■■―――――!”

The huge divine beast roars. Its face which should have been silent is twisting angrily, affixing a bestial expression with its teeth bared in a form similar to a human with animosity on their face, it howls at the sky with a few stars in it.
    The stillness of Harumi Pier, gets torn in that instant.

Saber: “Go ahead. Manaka. I shall settle this and proceed to Rider’s temple.”
    Manaka: “Saber.”
    Saber: “Manaka. Please.”.

‘I guess, I shall probably never become a refined knight.’

Half-automatically, he thinks in a small corner of his thoughts and intellect which instantly specialized towards combat.
    In a situation where he must show one smile towards the girl who is concerned for the knight's safety, like this, he just thrusts s a sharp glare at the monster.
    In return, Saber slightly shifts his hand from around the girl's waist, to gently touch her shoulder.

Manaka: “……. I, I understand.”

The girl, quietly nods.
    From his opened lips which just wanted to say something, are just words of affirmation.

“No, I won’t let any of you escape.”

Raising a roar as if he is telling him this, the giant beast merely controls his glare as Saber prepares his invisible sword.
    And then―――

[1] Abū al-Hawl: Father of Terror

Part 2-C: Rider's POV
    Spoiler:

Rider: “Ho, ho. How Interesting! Far from 3, do they intend to prove that they can take on our “beast” with just one Servant? Although it’s a mere fragment of my power, my glory, to take on my lion-bodied beast of the hot sands which can massacre even entire armies……”

On top of Tokyo Bay, is a great temple complex.
    Inside the deepest part of the main temple.
    In a dark room with a giant mysterious ominous orb in it.
    While being illuminated by the pale lights of a few veins which resembles enormous magic circuits, the king smiles.

Rider: “―――Fine then. In that case show me your struggle to your hearts content, O’ lightless ones.”

Part 2-D: Saber's POV
    Spoiler:

Harumi, the Tokyo International Trade Fairgrounds.
    Its premises on Main Street.

Undoubtedly the word “trampled,” is a very appropriate word for it.
    An asphalt surface which has been abruptly smashed with giant feet, a group of semitrailers squashed by the impact of its landing.

‘Though deterioration is still being called out on it, to think that the outer walls of a venue which can accommodate thousands of people, would be abruptly smashed by a beast’s frontal legs is completely unbelievable and so on,’
    or so someone would think.

Since its already the period of early dawn, is it solely lucky for him that it appears to be uninhabited?

The battle between Saber and the Sphinx, had reached, this, an area that is on par with an extremely large exhibition centre. Its claws which bring more destruction than he had predicted from their appearance, and its fangs, have been lunging at him one by one at a speed that ought to be admired.

It is far swifter than a natural creature’s, for example more than the movements of a lion cub or tiger. To carry out all of its movements so far with its giant body, how much speed do its fangs and the tips of its claws have?

The shockwave and the destructive sound which resounds after they executed their attacks, tell of a reality which must wonderous. While running across, the road surface, the wall, and the rooftop, Saber dodges those attacks.

He avoids, its massive attacks.
    He avoids, its rapid consecutive attacks.

While dodging everything, he turns his gaze precisely towards the centre of the giant beast. The one who is waiting for an opportunity to counter-attack while grasping a complete picture of his target as an outline. Is it a quirk of its attack movements, or a breathing interval between its consecutive attacks, either way, he is waiting for said “gap.”

But. The giant beast, seems to somehow possess a high intelligence.
    It employs its flying ability, to irregularly keep up its attacks from every direction with 3D manoeuvring, and there is not even the slightest sign of it losing that momentum.
    What is Saber waiting for, an action that he understood.

And then, again―――
    He shows that he will even execute feints.

A deliberate futile strike amidst the repeated attacks. It destroys the venue’s wall, scattering it into pieces. Although Servants basically can’t tolerate attacks that don’t include mana, they can be affected to a certain extent by the “secondary effects which are brought by attacks that have mana.”

Saber: “………ngh!”

He avoids the flying reinforced concrete fragments, in that instant……...
    Something that hadn’t even been carried out even once before, a full-speed giant beast attack that used all 4 of its legs!
    His second evasive action to cancel his evasive action to the fragments, is too late, he didn’t make it in time. If that’s the case, Saber chooses the back of his sword blade as his shield and raises it in front of his own body.

It’s not a perfect evasion, but a defensive stance which intercepts the attack from head on―――!
    A crash. It’s heavy. Too heavy.

Using an additional mana burst at the same time as a gradual wind prana release which he stashes away in Invisible Air, a Noble Phantasm that encircles his invisible sword, he once again doesn’t stop to catch the giant beast’s rush blow. An impact that’s ostensibly enough to crack his whole body assails Saber. A delusion like one of a metallic sound echoing from somewhere, is it the sound of his entire skeleton creaking? Even so, it’s not him whose honestly taking damage at the end.

Despite slapping down on the ground while also smashing some outer venue walls with its charge, the giant beast, is probably thinking about provoking him into a finishing blow with its claws.

Saber: (I see.)

Saber comprehends, in a corner of his thoughts.

Saber: (It’s quite, the beast…….!)

The wind which releases from his sword with a violent force, changes its vectors. From its shape as it tries to stop it head on, it turns into a fending off shape. At the same time, while Saber side-spins himself around and around, he leaps. Using it in conjunction with a mana burst from the back of his boots, he takes to a wider distance.

Saber:
    “……...Certainly”

Briefly, he lets out his breath.

Saber: “If you were an ordinary swordsman, I’d probably couldn’t match you. But―――”

―――He changes, his stance.

The beast, without carrying out a strategy for the gap in his armour, didn’t even falter towards the tip of his pointed blade.
    Naturally. The enemy isn’t even a knight or a soldier, is neither a tank or an arrow, nor did it even have pointless magic too. Like a raging storm, it is nothing more than an unusual beast.

Thus, Saber makes changes to his stance. After all to face off against a beast that is endowed with a giant body which more than a few times taller than himself, it is not fitting to challenge it with a sword technique that assumed a battlefield.
    Taking the space between his left and right feet wider than usual, he brings his hips down low.

Hoisting the invisible blade which he held with both hands above his right shoulder, he charges it with all the power in his body.
    He rescinds his full-length armour.
    He is strongly conscious of the trampled earth.

This stance is―――
    Something meant to kill a giant beast of mystery.
    There are no expressions of impatience and so on, in Saber’s blue eyes.
    Naturally. After all this is not the first time that he had to do this.

Far exceeding his own height, one claw, one fang is more heavier than an axe or a great sword which is wielded by a giant warrior, as sharply, quickly, he and the monster which surpassed human intellect try to slaughter each other. Without even needing to count the similar beasts which he had encountered just over the last few days, he has a memory, of a battle with creatures who had similarly achieved the form of a mystery, an existence which surpassed humanity.

Evil dragons, giants, huge beasts, and, things that growl.
    He came and slaughtered all of those wicked monsters who tried to infringe upon Britain.
    That’s why, yes, he already knows how to fight it!

Sphinx: “■■■■■■■■■■■■■■―――――!!”

Scorching flames.
    The crushing atmosphere.

Occasionally, the roars of the beast that feigns and also embodies the power held by a king, instantly assaults Saber, by turning into a firestorm that fully burns and crushes its enemies.
    Seemingly called by the swordsman’s stance, it’s a pre-emptive, supernatural blow!

A furious attack as if it’s made to embody a fragment of the power governed by the sky father, Horus, it instantly carbonizes a row of the main street premises’ trees, as it directly hits the east building――― of the huge venue with its dome-shaped roof. The east building of the trade fair venue which is commonly known to youths by its nickname which is associated with the “monster” who appears in special effects films because of its shape, melted like heated toffee, in less than a few seconds.

If that’s so, then where’s Saber?
    Did he get burned by the flames, crushed by the wind, or vanished like mist as he lost his soul’s core along with his temporary body?
    No. That’s not it.

Behold, the giant beast’s head. At the spot where its human face should be.
    There’s, now, a huge gaping wide hole in it.

Changing his own body and sword, into a single arrow which has been nocked to a bow and drawn to its limit, Saber pierced through the whole firestorm and the giant beast’s head from right through the front of it.

But, the swordsman’s figure cannot be seen beyond the giant hole in its head. ‘Where is he?’ The giant beast who had lost its face, with its abnormal vitality, it starts turning its head which had probably lost a great deal of its brain and starts looking around restlessly for him.

‘―――He's, above me.’

What the sky silver swordsman who is twirling at approximately 200 metres in the sky is firmly treading on, is the night-time starry sky. In addition to a dropping motion, he is accelerating himself by literally kicking the air in the atmosphere, in a stance that’ll execute his second blow which is accompanied by a second acceleration triggered by a mana burst. Already, he is brandishing his invisible sword in a grand way. With this second attack, it’s clear that he is aiming to bisect the giant beast.

With its face still gone, the giant beast flips its upper body up. As if it is telling him that even damages to the head and such will not be received as internal damage, it aims for the swordsman with both of his frontal leg claws which had turned red-hot with prana. It counters Saber who carries out his rapid drop strike, with a simultaneous attack from the left and right. With no face, no eyeballs, nor regardless of whether it is completely losing its vision, the giant beast’s claws were too precise. They have plenty of speed too. Whether he is equipped with mana compiled armour or not, it doesn’t mean anything before these claws.

After all, he is no longer, just smashing Rider’s enemies.
    Its left and right frontal legs―――

―――Its red-hot claws, shatter.
    ―――Against his invisible blade which is rotating at high speed.
    ―――Against his merciless dancing blade.

Is this also, an infringement?
    He’d probably wouldn’t call it slashing.

Forcibly rotating his entire body and sword to the side at high speed by using the Barrier of the Wind King in unison with a mana burst that was loaded with his full power, Saber was scraping off the giant beast’s claws as he was falling. There is nobody who could watch how many rotations he had performed during those seconds. Already, there’s also no eyeballs or face on the giant beast as well.

Furthermore, while keeping up his rotations, his drop strike instantly scrapes from the faceless giant beast’s head to its torso.

Bisecting it―――
    He cannot say, that he evenly divided it in two.

Saber: “……...Now.”

When the landed Saber stood up.
    The beast of wind and fire, was no longer, only the traces of its limbs were left behind.

Saber: “As promised. Let’s settle this, Rider.”

[END OF NOVEL 1]
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; July 19th, 2018 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks for the translation!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    Manaka: “……. Please don’t, make that face. I’m the one who should’ve been able to do something as your Master.”
    lol

Saber putting that Giant Beast Hunting skill to good use. Nice.

And stop being a creep, Perseus. There's other ways to make friends.

Brynhildr Romantia~ PrimordialRune's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Hi guys,
    Here is Part Two and the last part of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 1: Little Lady Arc - Special Act "Servants."

Since I've finished the first novel, I'll be moving to the 2nd Novel [Best Friend] next which focuses on Misaya Reiroukan.

Part 2-A: 3rd Person Narrative
    Spoiler:

―――Generally, people do not know about this large-scaled magic ritual.
    Only one person must be the victor.

―――It is 8 years ago.

―――The manifested Holy Grail, is in this Tokyo.

―――The First Historical Holy Grail War has begun.
    Part 2-B: Saber's POV
    Spoiler:

On a certain day in February 1991, early dawn.
    Chuuouku District, Harumi Pier.
    How should one compare the shadows of the group of buildings, which stretches across the coast line to?
    Regarding the present era, since minimum information has been automatically brought, to they who hath materialized as Servants, it is said that we either fall down in impossible to understand confusion in front of seeing something for the first time, or when we don’t feel the shock of surprise towards the unknown―――but I’m unable to say it for sure.

‘Ah, I see.’ I guess he’d become able to obtain a comprehension of some sort.
    For example, about the scene before him.

In the darkness of the early dawn which was past midnight, the giant shadow that was formed by the Tokyo Bay Waterfront District’s high-rise building, even as he saw it contrast with the darkness of the sea beneath his eyes, Saber was not particularly surprised by it.

Harumi Pier.
    Besides himself on the coastal roads, they were uninhabited.
    Saber turns his gaze, towards the beyond.

Above the black Tokyo Bay―――
    There, magnificently and even sublimely towering over the surroundings, he could see a figure of a glittering temple.
    But it isn’t just one temple.

Many temples forms its majestic appearance by heaping them into multiple layers, making it an extra-large temple complex. If he assumes that all of the passageways which are visible to his eyes were something that actually exists and are not illusions, then he could measure it with his eyes that it’s something whose over-all length is easily a few kilometres.

Its majestic appearance was as if it had fallen down on top of the sea, just like the starry night.
    In this city which has lost most of its starlight because of the light that filled the earth’s surface, it is too ironic.
    Without realizing it, he had become captivated by it.

He cannot say that he knows much, in the sense of only having knowledge of a minimum amount of things, although there shouldn’t have been much of a huge difference between it and the shadow of the building which follows the bay.
    The cluster of lights floating on the sea, is beautiful.

Without restraining himself, the scene seemed worthy enough for him to value it.
    But. However. That was not the shine of a real starry night.
    It is merely reflecting the prana brought by the Heroic Spirit whom he must defeat along with its luminescence.

That name―――Truly, this is a large shining temple complex.

Manaka: “Rider’s Noble Phantasm, huh? I don’t, want to let you go into that kind of place.”
    Saber: “Manaka.”

While calling out her name, he turns around to the Master beside him.
    As she allows the temple’s glittering radiance to be reflected in them, his cloudy eyes were uneasily staring at himself.

For example, if the entirety of this city were not the battlefield for which he would cross swords on while seeking the Holy Grail, then as a knight, it made him believe that he should offer up a poem to her ―――to her eyes, which were filled with such loveliness.

It’s as if the wisdom of the stars dwelt there, in her eyes.
    However, they are blurring. They are shaking uneasily.

Saber grasped, that the reason for it, was because of his apprehensions for what the girl was stashing away in the depth of her eyes.

Saber:
    “That temple was deployed in order to summon me. More precisely, me, Archer, and Lancer. Seeing that the movements of the other two are still unclear, at the very least I must go, otherwise, he might carry out his proclamation.”
    Manaka: “You mustn’t. By yourself, how!”
    Saber: “I am aware of the danger.”

Rider who can manipulate many Noble Phantasms is a powerful Heroic Spirit even if he is an individual. Moreover, upon establishing that at the very least two of the huge beasts which had displayed its might in the battle the other day were inside the temple on top of the ocean, it’s not hard to imagine that the temple itself is a threat to him.

That temple is, most likely something similar to a reality marble.
    Noble Phantasms which are controlled by the Heroic Spirits who participate in the Holy Grail War are all powerful weapons in general, but Rider’s one is in a different order of magnitude. Literally, he can say that his opponent differs in rank from average heroes and great men. It could be a case, where he is just calling himself a “king among kings.”

And, that he is longing for such a title.
    By settling it with Saber.

If he doesn’t respond to his “invitation” to his great temple which is visible from yonder, then he probably will turn the whole of Tokyo into a sea of fire without waiting for the dawn with his flying solar ship. Since Rider has enough power to just make that kind of violence possible, there is only a few facing him in number, but he really feels that this Heroic Spirit is not the kind of person who’d similarly drop threats of only lip service.

Tokyo. This, capital at the end of the east.

It’ll never be Britain to him, nor will the people who live there be his subjects.
    Even so―――

Manaka: “……. Please don’t, make that face. I’m the one who should’ve been able to do something as your Master.”

Quietly, the girl who proved to be his Master nods.
    Originally, they were unbelievable words.

This very young girl, while serving as an enemy who should be defeating the head of a family of mysteries which are controlled by magi that crosses over dozens of names, the one who boasts that she’ll “do something about it by herself” and so on, even supposing that she had a natural talent for magic, no, first of all, he should probably judge whether she’s speaking the impossible. That family is in the mountain district of the western part of Tokyo, hiding in the depths of their magic workshop which has strong barriers stretched around it.

In a magical fortress, or even in a labyrinth full of death traps.
    A frail girl, shouldn’t even be able to sneak in there. Even if she does accomplish it, there should be no way that she could challenge and survive a magic battle with dozens of magi as her opponents, all by herself.
    But, Saber quietly informed the girl.

“Thank you.”

Since he already knew, the power of the Master who will face the Holy Grail War together with himself.

Manaka: “Honestly, geez! You really are a very egoistical prince, you know that.”

His Master―――
    Manaka Sajyou, comes and nestles tightly close to him.
    The girl’s green dress overlaps, with his blue and silver armour.
    To make him not feel the weight of her body, that is undoubtedly her intention. Although they have gotten much closer recently, Manaka, has consistently never directly touched Saber by herself.

Manaka: “You can’t get enough of saving others, can you? They’re so fragile and fleeting, humans that is.”

The girl’s pure white fingertips, the palm of her hand, turns towards his silver coloured breastplate.
    Like that she places her palm against his chest.
    The truth is, that is, while stopping a bit on the brink of it……

Manaka:
    “You always make me worry about you.”

Her cheeks puff up a little.
    It was a charming gesture. Were it not for this dark slaughter and so on, if it’s certainly fit for a flower garden with bright pouring sunshine in it, then it’s the gesture of a flower that reminds one of brilliance and innocence.
    After that, she, suddenly looks up at Saber’s face in a ‘I just had an idea’ kind of manner.
    Slightly, her expression darkens.

Manaka: “I worry about you. I worry, and worry, to the point where I might cry, but……”

As it is, with a smile on her troubled face.

Manaka: “But you know, the me who isn’t worried, is here somewhere in my heart too. Because I know you won’t lose, no matter what kind of Heroic Spirit you face. For the sword that you wield, will tear apart all of your enemies, the radiance that you flourish, will smash up all of your enemies. Hey, Saber. My Saber. Even if the Holy Grail War were to perhaps be carried out again, I―――”

Saber: “You won’t lose. To anyone, right”

Quiet words.
    His voice fully melts into the night sky, where a few number of stars contrasts with the ocean’s surface.
    Directly after that―――

The presence of a giant body, comes flying out.
    As if on reflex, he spins his arm around Manaka’s waist, taking to a defensive stance.

He counter-attacks without thinking, while planning only of the perfect defence for his Master, he sharpens his gaze. Without 2 seconds lapsing, the shadow is visible in his field of vision. The gigantic body which probably came flying drawing an arc from above Tokyo Bay, lands clearly, in front of his gaze.

Its huge body which is more than a semi-trailer, was easily landing without even so much as an impact.
    Its speed and mass, disregards the lethal amount of energy which ought to be taken to both its giant body and the hard road surface, killing the laws of physics, while spreading just enough wind to softly rustle the girl’s skirt.

It was a human face.
    It was a lion.

With a face that wore a characteristic headdress on it, it had the body of a lion which is the king of beasts.
    Gigantic. A giant body. A huge frame.
    A miraculous beast that was endowed with overwhelming mass.

It, with a quiet look which made one feel as if it had a type of sacredness to it, was looking down at Saber and Manaka with a pair of lightless eyes. A scout, or a vanguard? Or is it an intentional messenger who’s here to inform him of his second invitation?

Saber: “Rider’s Sphinx―――”

The giant beast’s name escapes from Saber’s lips.
    It is the name, of something which shouldn’t be stepping firmly on the earth in this modern era.
    A legendary monster spoken of in Babylonia and Ancient Greece, as a human headed-lion bodied Chimera. In the further distant past, in Ancient Egypt of a few thousand years ago, it was a legendary quadrupedal beast that was feared as the manifestation of raging wind and flames, the incarnation of Horus in the surface world who governs the heavens.
    Its other name, is said to be Abū al-Hawl[1].

A beast with many legends running from the Mediterranean Sea to West Asia.
    If an inexperienced Magus was the one in this spot, then they might have misunderstood it right away as “What kind of Monstrous Beast has he summoned,” however, there is utterly no reason to fit this into the container of a Monstrous Beast.

So then, what is it?
    That is―――

A thing that dwells within legends.
    A thing that sleeps within illusions.
    A thing that exists within myths.

A Phantasmal Species.
    A beast that has been imagined. A being only spoken of within old legends.
    Not equal to any well-known life-form, these beings who have transformed themselves into the form of mysteries themselves, has been classified according to court rank into ‘Monstrous Beasts,’ ‘Phantasmal Beasts,’ and ‘Divine Beasts.’

In that case, this…... This huge beast is something else.
    It is something, that makes demons fall prostrate, destroys illusions, and governs the earth’s surface with its sacred might.
    A Divine Beast―――
    Falling under the undoubtedly highest rank if one excludes dragon kin, it’s a holy beast!

Sphinx: “■■■■■■■■■―――――!”

The huge divine beast roars.
    It’s face which should’ve been silent is twisting angrily, affixing a bestial expression with its teeth bared in a form similar to a human with animosity on its face, it howls at the sky with a few stars in it.
    The stillness of Harumi Pier, gets torn in that instant.

Saber: “Please go. Manaka. I shall proceed to Rider’s temple and settle this.”
    Manaka: “Saber.”
    Saber: “Manaka. Please.”.

I, guess I shall probably never become a refined knight.’

Half-automatically, he thinks in a small corner of his thoughts and intellect which instantly specialized towards combat.
    In a situation where he must show one smile towards the girl who is concerned for the knight's safety, like this, he just thrusts s a sharp glare at the monster.
    In return, Saber slightly shifts his hand from around the girl's waist, to gently touch her shoulder.

Manaka: “……. I, I understand.”

The girl, quietly nods.
    From his opened lips which just wanted to say something, are just words of affirmation.

“No, I won’t let any of you escape.”

Raising a roar as if he is telling him this, the giant beast merely controls his glare as Saber prepares his invisible sword.
    And then―――

[1] Abū al-Hawl: Father of Terror

Part 2-C: Rider's POV
    Spoiler:

Rider: “Ho, ho. How Interesting! Far from 3, do they intend to prove that they can take on our “beast” with just one Servant? Although it’s a mere fragment of my power, my glory, to take on my lion-bodied beast of the hot sands which can massacre even entire armies……”

On top of Tokyo Bay, is a great temple complex.
    Inside the deepest part of the main temple.
    In a dark room which possessed only a giant mysterious ominous orb.
    While being illuminated by the pale lights of a few veins which resembles enormous magic circuits, the king smiles.

Rider: “―――Fine then. In that case show me your struggle to your hearts content, O’ lightless ones.”

Part 2-D: Saber's POV
    Spoiler:

Harumi, the Tokyo International Trade Fairgrounds.
    Its premises on Main Street.

Undoubtedly the word “trampled,” is a very appropriate word for it.
    An asphalt surface which has been abruptly smashed with giant feet, a group of semitrailers squashed with the impact of its landing. ‘Though deterioration is still being called out on it, to think that the outer walls of the facility which can accommodate thousands of people, were abruptly smashed by a beast’s frontal legs,’ or so someone would think.

Since its already the period of early dawn, is it solely lucky for him that it appears uninhabited?
    The battle between Saber and the Sphinx, had reached, this, an area that is on par with an extremely large exhibition venue.

Its claws which bring more destruction than he had predicted from their appearance, and its fangs, have been lunging at him one by one at a speed that ought to be admired. It is far swifter than a natural creature’s, for example more than the movements of a lion cub or tiger. To carry out all of its movements so far with its giant body, how much speed do its fangs and claws which are the end parts have? The shockwave and the destructive sound which resounds after they executed their attacks, tell of a reality which must wonderous.
    While running across, the road surface, the wall, and the rooftop, Saber dodges those attacks.

He avoids, its massive attacks.
    He avoids, its rapid consecutive attacks.

While dodging everything, he turns his gaze precisely towards the centre of the giant beast. The one who is waiting for an opportunity to counter-attack while grasping a complete picture of his target as an outline. Is it a habit of its attack movements, or a breathing gap between its consecutive attacks, either way, he is waiting for said “gap.”

But. The giant beast, seems to somehow possess high intelligence.
    It applies its flying ability, irregularly keeps up its attacks from every direction with 3D manoeuvring, there’s not even the slightest sign of its power losing its strength. What is Saber waiting for, an action that he understood.

And then, again―――
    He shows that he will even execute feints.

A deliberate futile strike amidst the repetitive attacks. It destroys the venue’s wall, scattering it into pieces. Although Servants basically can’t tolerate attacks that don’t include mana, they can be affected to a certain extent by the “secondary effects which are brought by attacks that have mana.”

Saber: “………ngh!”

He avoids the flying reinforced concrete fragments, in that instant……...
    Something that hadn’t even been carried out even once before, a full-speed giant beast attack that used all 4 of its legs!
    His second evasive action to cancel his evasive action to the fragments, is too late, he didn’t make it in time. If that’s the case, Saber chooses the back of his sword blade as his shield and raises it in front of his own body.

It’s not a perfect evasion, but a defensive stance which intercepts the attack from head on―――!
    A crash. It’s heavy. Too heavy.

Using an additional mana burst at the same time as a stepwise wind prana release which he stashes away in Invisible Air, a Noble Phantasm that encircles his invisible sword, he once again doesn’t stop the giant beast’s charge blow. An impact that’s ostensibly enough to crack his whole body assails Saber. A delusion like one of a metallic sound echoing from somewhere, is it the sound of his entire skeleton creaking?
    Even so, it’s not him whose honestly taking damage at the end.

Despite slapping down on the ground while also smashing some outer venue walls with its charge, the giant beast, is probably thinking about provoking him into a finishing blow with its claws.

Saber: (I see.)

Saber comprehends, in a corner of his thoughts.

Saber: (It’s quite, the beast…….!)

The wind which releases from his sword with a violent force, changes its vectors. From its shape as it tries to stop it head on, it turns into a fending off shape. At the same time, while Saber side-spins himself around and around, he leaps. Using it in conjunction with his mana burst from the back of his boots, he takes to a wide distance.

Saber:
    “……...Certainly”

Briefly, he lets out his breath.

Saber: “If you were an ordinary swordsman, I’d probably couldn’t match you. But―――”

―――He changes, his stance.

The beast, without carrying out a strategy for the gap in his armour, didn’t even falter towards the tip of his pointed blade.
    Naturally. The enemy isn’t even a knight or a soldier, is neither a tank or an arrow, nor did it even have pointless magic too. Like a raging storm, it is nothing more than an unusual beast.

Thus, Saber makes changes to his stance. After all to face off against a beast that is endowed with a giant body which more than a few times taller than himself, it is not fitting to challenge it with a sword technique that assumed a battlefield.
    Taking the space between his left and right feet wider than usual, he brings his hips down low.

Hoisting the invisible blade which he held with both hands above his right shoulder, he charges it with all the power in his body.
    He rescinds his full-length armour.
    He is strongly conscious of the trampled earth.

This stance is―――
    Something meant to kill a giant beast of mystery.
    There are no expressions of impatience and so on, in Saber’s blue eyes.
    Naturally. After all this is not the first time that he had to do this.

Far exceeding his own height, one claw, one fang is more heavier than an axe or a great sword which is wielded by a giant warrior, as sharply, quickly, he and the monster which surpassed human intellect try to slaughter each other. Without even needing to count the similar beasts which he had encountered just over the last few days, he has a memory, of a battle with creatures who had similarly achieved the form of a mystery, an existence which surpassed humanity.

Evil dragons, giants, huge beasts, and, things that growl.
    He came and slaughtered all of those wicked monsters who tried to infringe upon Britain.
    That’s why, yes, he already knows how to fight it!

Sphinx: “■■■■■■■■■■■■■■―――――!!”

Scorching flames.
    The crushing atmosphere.

Occasionally, the roars of the beast that feigns and also embodies the power held by a king, instantly assaults Saber, by turning into a firestorm that fully burns and crushes its enemies.
    Seemingly called by the swordsman’s stance, it’s a pre-emptive, supernatural blow!

A furious attack as if it’s made to embody a fragment of the power governed by the sky father, Horus, it instantly carbonizes a row of the main street premises’ trees, as it directly hits the east building――― of the huge venue with its dome-shaped roof. The east building of the trade fair venue which is commonly known to youths by its nickname which is associated with the “monster” who appears in special effects films because of its shape, melted like heated toffee, in less than a few seconds.

If that’s so, then where’s Saber?
    Did he get burned by the flames, crushed by the wind, or vanished like mist as he lost his soul’s core along with his temporary body?
    No. That’s not it.

Behold, the giant beast’s head. At the spot where its human face should be.
    There’s, now, a huge gaping wide hole in it.

Changing his own body and sword, into a single arrow which has been nocked to a bow and drawn to its limit, Saber pierced through the whole firestorm and the giant beast’s head from right through the front of it.

But, the swordsman’s figure cannot be seen beyond the giant hole in its head. ‘Where is he?’ The giant beast who had lost its face, with its abnormal vitality, it starts turning its head which had probably lost a great deal of its brain and starts looking around restlessly for him.

‘―――He’s above me.’

What the sky silver swordsman who is twirling at approximately 200 metres in the sky is firmly treading on, is the night-time starry sky. As well as a dropping motion, he is accelerating himself by literally kicking the air in the atmosphere, with a stance that’ll execute his second blow which is accompanied by a second acceleration that is triggered by a mana burst. Already, he is brandishing his invisible sword in a grand way.
    With this second attack, it’s clear that he is aiming to bisect the giant beast.

With its face still gone, the giant beast flips its upper body up. As if it is telling him that even damages to the head and such will not be received as internal damage, it aims for the swordsman with both of his frontal leg claws which had turned red-hot with prana.
    It counters Saber who carries out his rapid drop strike, with a simultaneous attack from the left and right.

With no face, no eyeballs, nor regardless of whether it is completely losing its vision, the giant beast’s claws were too precise. They have plenty of speed too. Whether he’s equipped with a prana compiled armour or not, it doesn’t mean anything before these claws.
    After all, he is no longer, just smashing Rider’s enemies.
    Its left and right frontal legs―――

―――Its red-hot claws, shatter.
    ―――Against his invisible blade which is rotating at high speed.
    ―――Against his merciless dancing blade.

Is this also, an infringement?
    He’d probably wouldn’t call it slashing.

Forcibly rotating his body and sword to the side at high speed by using the Barrier of the Wind King in conjunction with his mana burst which was loaded with his full power, Saber was scraping off the giant beast’s claws as he was falling. There is nobody who could watch how many rotations he had performed during those seconds. Already, there’s also no eyeballs or face on the giant beast as well.
    Furthermore, while keeping up his rotations, his drop strike instantly scrapes from the faceless giant beast’s head to its torso.

Bisecting it―――
    He cannot say, that he evenly divided it in two.

Saber: “……...Now.”

When the landed Saber stood up.
    The beast of wind and fire, was no longer, only the traces of its limbs were left behind.

Saber: “As promised. Let’s settle this, Rider.”

[END OF NOVEL 1]
    This is an awesome work! Can i make a pdf with all your translations?

I saw you translated the Fragments between the Acts, are they displayed like that in the novel? Because i thought maybe to put them at the end of the Little Lady Arc, but i'm not too sure!

Also, there's another translation thread but with all the volumes, are you remaking all of them or just volume one?

Thanks in advance!

US Friend Code
    Collecting all of these in a pdf would be awesome. I have to confess I'm a little confused as to the order I should be reading Fragments.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't know that Percy used Isemi's name in his student disguise, that's cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimordialRune View Post
    This is an awesome work! Can i make a pdf with all your translations?

I saw you translated the Fragments between the Acts, are they displayed like that in the novel? Because i thought maybe to put them at the end of the Little Lady Arc, but i'm not too sure!

Also, there's another translation thread but with all the volumes, are you remaking all of them or just volume one?

Thanks in advance!
    Sure, I don't mind so long as it stays within this forum. However, first, I got to check over the final translations, because in some cases I had to split the chapter in half because there was so much text.

But, I'll pm the list of which parts go together.

About the journal excerpts, the sections and the fragments, they are displayed just as they are in the novel. They've been intentionally set up that way by the author because the journal sections are connected to next section in that they provide background on what goes on in the next scene. So they cannot be put at the end, however, you could probably recreate the journal by copying out all of the journal parts and putting them together in one file.

Additionally I divided them into separate sections because they are separate sections of the chapter in the novel, however in the novel, the author uses Ayaka's Master Degree as a section divider for the separate sections.

I'm also aware that I've been blocking off the "On a certain day in February" and locations parts with lines because it seemed cooler that way. However, it's actually part of the paragraph, so make sure there are no dividing lines blocking them off.

I am also indeed remaking all of them, so please use the ones from this thread because some of the translations in the previous thread were pretty bad, as I was just starting out translating.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; July 10th, 2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Collecting all of these in a pdf would be awesome. I have to confess I'm a little confused as to the order I should be reading Fragments.
    You have to start with Volume 1 and read the novels as you go and then you'll see a pattern emerge between the fragments. According to the author in a interview, there's a pattern to the Fragments. I think Sakurai says:

Sakurai: If you’ve read volume 5, I think you’d be able to know that there was a meaning to the words that Arash left behind. If volume 5 has been released, I’d like you to read it straight through from volume 1. As it’s been arranged in chronological order, if the entire flow of the 1991 Holy Grail War is divided into 10 levels, then the first volume depicts the fragments from 1 to 9. So since each of them has been depicted like the 2nd volume is from 1 to 5, the 3rd volume is from 1 to 6, the 4th volume is from 2 to 7, and the 5th volume is from fragments 7 to 10, by all means please try to check them if you can. I think you’ll be able to understand just Arash’s resolve.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; July 10th, 2018 at 11:52 AM.

Just read them novel by novel and you'll see a pattern erupt between the fragments. According to the author in a interview, there's a pattern to the Fragments. According to Sakurai:

Sakurai: If you’ve read volume 5, I think you’d be able to know that there was a meaning to the words that Arash left behind. If volume 5 has been released, I’d like you to read it straight through from volume 1. As it’s been arranged in chronological order, if the entire flow of the 1991 Holy Grail War is divided into 10 levels, then the first volume depicts the fragments from 1 to 9. So since each of them has been depicted like the 2nd volume is from 1 to 5, the 3rd volume is from 1 to 6, the 4th volume is from 2 to 7, and the 5th volume is from fragments 7 to 10, by all means please try to check them if you can. I think you’ll be able to understand just Arash’s resolve.
    Okay now that's explained it does make sense.

Wow.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Damn, that human buzzsaw finish.

Artoria wishes she was that cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Sure, I don't mind so long as it stays within this forum. However, first, I got to check over the final translations, because in some cases I had to split the chapter in half because there was so much text.

But, I'll pm the list of which parts go together.

About the journal excerpts, the sections and the fragments, they are displayed just as they are in the novel. They've been intentionally set up that way by the author because the journal sections are connected to next section in that they provide background on what goes on in the next scene. So they cannot be put at the end, however, you could probably recreate the journal by copying out all of the journal parts and putting them together in one file.

Additionally I divided them into separate sections because they are separate sections of the chapter in the novel, however in the novel, the author uses Ayaka's Master Degree as a section divider for the separate sections.

I'm also aware that I've been blocking off the "On a certain day in February" and locations parts with lines because it seemed cooler that way. However, it's actually part of the paragraph, so make sure there are no dividing lines blocking them off.

I am also indeed remaking all of them, so please use the ones from this thread because some of the translations in the previous thread were pretty bad, as I was just starting out translating.
    Yes, sure! May i share it to an italian group where i usually post? I wrote on the first page all the credits to you and the forum, if i can't no problem i'll just redirect them there!

I've put up all the main Acts of the Little Lady Arc, maybe i can send you the preview so you can check it!

For the Journals maybe i can create a sort of summary with all the journals in some page like an extra content so you can read them during the Acts but also you can rapidly find them in an extra section!
    For the locations part i didn't understood, during the creation of the pdf i saw the phrase at the start of the act like a sort of subtitle but i'm not too sure if i had ia good interpretation of that!

And ok for the other thread, i'll been looking forward to include the translation only of this thread then!

Yes, sure! May i share it to an italian group where i usually post? I wrote on the first page all the credits to you and the forum, if i can't no problem i'll just redirect them there!

I've put up all the main Acts of the Little Lady Arc, maybe i can send you the preview so you can check it!

For the Journals maybe i can create a sort of summary with all the journals in some page like an extra content so you can read them during the Acts but also you can rapidly find them in an extra section!
    For the locations part i didn't understood, during the creation of the pdf i saw the phrase at the start of the act like a sort of subtitle but i'm not too sure if i had ia good interpretation of that!

And ok for the other thread, i'll been looking forward to include the translation only of this thread then!
    That's how it felt for me too. Like the locations part was similar to a cop show and the date and locations would be something that shows up at the start of the scene. Which is why I had arranged it like that.

It's fine if you want to post it to an Italian Group.

US Friend Code
    Hi!

I finally completed the PDF with all the content from Volume 1, a big thank you to Phoenix who helped me with the creation of the PDF, here's the Mega Link where you can download it: ******************#!MgEU0YwR!v9suSR0w_...wr_H0ZPB3aGpNg

Hope you all can appreciate it!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks for the convenience!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    Awesome, thanks!

Hi!

I finally completed the PDF with all the content from Volume 1, a big thank you to Phoenix who helped me with the creation of the PDF, here's the Mega Link where you can download it: ******************#!MgEU0YwR!v9suSR0w_...wr_H0ZPB3aGpNg

Hope you all can appreciate it!
    Big thanks to you and Phoenix!