Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files Manga and etc (Heian Alien)

Thank you, Mr. Case Files... narmbo's Avatar
    US Friend Code

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files Manga and etc (Heian Alien)

hey there, i figured it'd be smartest to make my own thread rather than coopt the other one or constantly post in the case files thread.
    i'm narm, i do the typesetting and page cleaning for the CF manga. rad does the translation work and general lore heavy lifting, but i help! a tiny itty bitty bit, sometimes.
    for now, i have for you
    case files mangadex
    cf raw scans (compiled by fearboss)
    a couple of misc scans
    case files drama cd reups
    anime's dub booklet
    case files musical mirror & OST/guidebook(scanned by fearboss)/etc
    case files OVA 2022 drama CD and JP booklet
    jp epub collection

EDIT: rehauled links for usage on here. major thanks to my buddy o1 and fearboss and comun for their help with my end of stuff.
    Last edited by narmbo; August 9th, 2023 at 05:42 PM.

US Friend Code
    and what do you know, here's the anime dub booklet.

doing god's work here

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the good work as always.

For those who want a good online reader wrapper to read the chapter can use https://cubari.moe to read the imgur link provided.

ch15: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/FzC5DtB/1/1/
    ch16: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/4fh2uwE/1/1/

EDIT: Mangadex is up, **************dex.org/title/4d6decd4-...4-2571dae07bcd
    Last edited by kirik; July 15th, 2021 at 10:08 PM.

Holy shid thanks.
    Thanks for the all extra hard work about the sequence but honestly you could have linked the Wikipedia. Not saying your hard work is useless or anything like that. I actually appreciate your simple explanation. I am just wondering if it's being a burden you could reduce it to linking Wikipedia I don't think anyone would complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Holy shid thanks.
    Thanks for the all extra hard work about the sequence but honestly you could have linked the Wikipedia. Not saying your hard work is useless or anything like that. I actually appreciate your simple explanation. I am just wondering if it's being a burden you could reduce it to linking Wikipedia I don't think anyone would complain.

This is my hobby. Don't worry about it >.>

-JustRad/Heian Alien.

Thank you so so so so much for still translating this series.
    Looking forward to read more

FYI Mangadex is taking uploads again so the last 3 chapters should have entered the Internet copy paste credit theft machine and be on whatever site you prefer.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by No Face May King View Post
    FYI Mangadex is taking uploads again so the last 3 chapters should have entered the Internet copy paste credit theft machine and be on whatever site you prefer.
    you neglected to mention a new chapter is up as well!!!!!!!! i took down the imgur/etc links from the masterpost for now, but the actual posts aren't deleted or anything.
    also i have linked the OST and the guidebook to the case files stage in the masterpost. its mainly lyrics to the songs.

US Friend Code
    dropped a fancier than usual download link for what is most DEFINITELY not some epub files of some untranslated into english el-melloi stuff and some emiya gohan. if anyone wants to translate and needs an editor for the prose itself, let me know. i'm useful for second opinions and i like to think i'm good at writing/editing, and i'm not fluent but i know some japanese. i don't know dip about pdfs or setting them up but if anyone makes pdfs of the not-novels, also feel free to post a link and i'll edit it into the masterpost.
    Last edited by narmbo; July 27th, 2021 at 01:18 AM.

Thank for your work on the manga, as someone who favors this format over anime, I really mean it. And for sharing your resources.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Thank for your work on the manga, as someone who favors this format over anime, I really mean it. And for sharing your resources.
    it's no problem. i'm hoping if i do it enough they'll just officially license it instead of forcing my hand. rad does excellent translation work, and i'm glad he lets me have fun with the typesetting and taking my creative liberties like i do with the sfx...

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by narmbo View Post
    it's no problem. i'm hoping if i do it enough they'll just officially license it instead of forcing my hand. rad does excellent translation work, and i'm glad he lets me have fun with the typesetting and taking my creative liberties like i do with the sfx...
    Type Moon doesn't license anything other than games and anime, so I doubt that'll happen.

US Friend Code
    They've been licensing a couple GO manga but I think CF has less of a chance because it can't rely on the Fate name brand recognition in the west. Someone glancing at it at a bookstore wouldn't go "Oh, this is a Fate thing".

US Friend Code
    yeah, uh. i was kind of making a joke. sorry. i don't think they'll actually license it either. that's why i bother sharing all this.
    i know i've only read a few passages of the original japanese, and then mostly rad and twilightscall's translations, but i'm really enamored by sanda's style and storytelling skills. as a fan of strange fake and narita as well, i've really enjoyed the things they've been crafting, along with the stuff they sometimes pester nasu or urobuchi or whoever about too. i like the stories being told, and i think it's a damn shame that we're being deprived of it, so. y'know. throw some money around here and there and get a favor from a friend or two and viola. if there's one thing i take seriously, it's the archival and conservation of art, no matter how stupid that sounds when we're talking about type moon books.
    i'm fully aware i sound like a complete up-my-own-ass douchebag here but hey, everyone's got to have an irresponsible money sink or hobby. for me it's this. for the foreseeable future you can sort of count on me to try and hunt down the media we're missing in the waver neck of the woods, as well as some other type moon things. i collect some rare merch(like the illya's castle style sprite fsn heroine plushes, all in their packaging), and i also recently ripped an old hollow ataraxia drama cd, i own the mahoyoru deluxe box set physical copy, i have the babylonia stage DVD and want to get my hands on solomon... i don't know! i find this stuff generally cool. maybe that's stupid.
    tl;dr i like to have fun and this is how i get my rocks off. until i'm told to stop i will continue to try and get you guys what inaccessible TM stuff i can and help with translating it in the ways i can with my inept japanese.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Better than Saint Quartz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Media preservation is a great thing, especially in the digital age where things could disappear if the wrong server goes kaput. I admire the effort and money that goes into it.

US Friend Code
    in light of the halt in waver content aside from comun being kind enough to summarize adventures, i've decided to try my hand at a rough translation. i'm kind of braindead tonight so i can't finish a chapter but here's a little shitty preview on my non-fluent japanese cross referenced with dictionaries (and comun again actually haha) translation of adventures 1.
    Spoiler:

in light of the halt in waver content
    It's not Waver content but there's like an entire chapter 18 and half of 19 in the google sheets ya know. lol.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by narmbo View Post
    in light of the halt in waver content aside from comun being kind enough to summarize adventures, i've decided to try my hand at a rough translation. i'm kind of braindead tonight so i can't finish a chapter but here's a little shitty preview on my non-fluent japanese cross referenced with dictionaries (and comun again actually haha) translation of adventures 1.
    Spoiler:
    Thank you for taking time out of your scedule for this!