Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments Complete Version

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Same. I know its like, in her backstory and character to be alone, but she needs someone. A guardian to watch over her would be pretty cool.

It would be nice if Sakurai (who will, eventually, write Prototype) would throw away Protoype's loose outline and do her own thing.

Misaya dies, what, halfway through Prototype. Aro dies offscreen. Manaka doesn't show up until, like after Sancraid's defeated. Gil's Master seems interesting though. I can only hope the rest of the cast would be too.

I hold out hope for a Fragments anime, sometime within the next four years.
    Wait where did you get this information on prototype main.
    About these masters and all. I have read fragments and 2 drama cds. Is there more stuff on prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Wait where did you get this information on prototype main.
    About these masters and all. I have read fragments and 2 drama cds. Is there more stuff on prototype?
    The prototype script that came out sometime after the trailer.

The prototype script that came out sometime after the trailer.
    Ah I see. Thanks for the info.
    Edit:It’s that 100page one right. The one which starts from Arthur-Gil interaction at station and ends with short story/ drama cd of Murder mystery on cruise at the end.
    The more I get to know about prototype the more I want it. They should really complete prototype. I specially wanna see Arthur Alter that I’ve heard quite a lot about.
    Last edited by King Arthur; April 13th, 2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Ah I see. Thanks for the info.
    Edit:It’s that 100page one right. The one which starts from Arthur-Gil interaction at station and ends with short story/ drama cd of Murder mystery on cruise at the end.
    The more I get to know about prototype the more I want it. They should really complete prototype. I specially wanna see Arthur Alter that I’ve heard quite a lot about.
    Not sure if Im allowed to link it here but here is the translation in case other dont know. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzWf...dzQlVWSlU/edit
    You can also read these along with the Prototype Material image books. Lots of cut off scene are included in it too like the battle with Sancraid, Gil confession are demonstrated with scratch image.
    Also another parody game they did with prototype character can be watch here http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19580293, no translation thou (this is where the pervy Saber joke came from to Japanese fans.)
    Last edited by SmartCable; April 13th, 2018 at 04:24 PM.

apologize for the double post, but since this thread is slow I'll start from here anyway.
    After finish rereading fragment again, I couldn't help containing my curiosity about the potential future of prototype. I want to speculate what can potentially happen, so I spent a few days looking through old files and interviews I can dig up from the edge of the internet. Here are a few things that I've found out about the old fates that have been transferred to Stay Night.
    Spoiler:
    Berserk was actually way stronger in Prototype, until Nasu decided to nerf him.
    Scathach design and persona rooted from Misaya (vice versa.)
    (Assassin) Kojiro was actually gender fluid, his appearance was depicted as beautiful equally to men and women.
    Caster and Kuzuki's roles are pretty much the same in the Old Fate.
    You can read most of this up in the Character material collection book

There're more but anyway, I will try to get into those when I can. Assume that Prototype will stay as a romance novel that nasu has intended with no route, then probably more than half of the story will be carried by these two. Therefore, I will focus on our two main characters.

Proto Saber:
    Spoiler:
    After finishing the VN, I can definitely see some traces of Arthur in both Saber and Shirou. Arthur's conflicting ideology and goodwill are passed down to shirou while his chivalry and kingship passed down to Saber (This has been confirmed from one of Sakurai's interview on fragment by the way.) However, personalities wise they are different in that Arthur matured out Shirou's flaw right at the end of fragment, and his prototype-self seems more laid-back in comparison to Saber who was mostly stoic until the later half of her route. Simply to say, Arthur is the polished combination Shirou and Saber with a completed resolution right from the start of Prototype. With that being said, I felt unease and conflicted that the current Arthur is already fleshed out in addition with the descriptions given by Sakurai stretched out his perfection meter, such as: being able to read to through lies, incredibly social, etc. It's way too perfect, hell it completely flushes out Saber's attributes. Not that it's completely a bad thing, but I feel like Sakurai made Arthur so perfect that it leaves almost no room for him to grow further in Prototype. His current self is too good, his characteristic might stay the same through out prototype, and that makes it feels inorganic because he doesn't have any personal flaw left to create "potential" growth. Saber was the opposite of this and which was why it was refreshing for me to see her grow as a character.

There was something that I noticed could be a "potential" for his growth in prototype, his flaw as a King. I do not know why Sakurai didn't stress that in fragment, but in the last few chapter, it was revealed that Arthur suffers the same conflict with Saber during their time as a King. That is "The King doesn't understand the heart of Man." Even though he is a social person, who can see the truth in someone's word and bring out the goodness of others, that doesn't mean he can empathize them. Being able to read through intention and being able to read the heart are two separate skills. Through out most of his conversation with Manaka, Arthur always trying to be discreet that it has become natural for him. He tend to make himself says the "right things." he's too fixated on thinking about saying what would "result in the best outcome" rather than how would other people feel. Although he doesn't do it all the time, and it does improve gradually. I see the same thing in FGO where he still has that knightly discreet personalities of him to the master, and it gets funnier that he can't even read the mood and made bold statements on white day. This was proven by Ayaka herself in the Hanafuda game event, where she admit that Arthur is an airhead and that he was too perfect that it makes her feel uncomfortable.

Interestingly, when I read through Sakurai's interview from last year and found this, https://imgur.com/XCAq9ML. My Japanese is too poor to translate it coherently but what I can try understand here is that, during the time Arthur spend with Ayaka, he actually lives his life as a young man, a side of him that Manaka and the Knights of the Round has never seen before. Perhaps like how Shirou shows saber to embrace herself as a normal girl, Ayaka likewise gives Arthur the opportunity to embrace his life as a human which was something he has never experienced as a King. I think this resonate with Nasu's description of Proto Arthur well, however; I have yet to see this nihilistic side of him that was pointed out in the Prototype material. Both him and Ayaka share the same starting relationship with Archer and Rin afterall. That's why I am a bit perplexed about Sakurai's depiction of him. So if Prototype were to start out, will we see Sakurai's Arthur or Nasu's Arthur, or both?

Ayaka Sajyou:

Spoiler:
    Out of all of the other drafted character in prototype I have the most difficulty finding info about her even though she suppose to be the main character of the show. No matter how much I dig through, there wasn't any straight answers or references that I can lean on to. Unlike Proto Saber who already started with a defined characteristic and history to back him up, Ayaka's development went completely mysterious. Prototype Material only cover the "base" characteristic, not overall. We did found out more about her in fragment, but then again young Ayaka and Proto Ayaka persona are separated by her trauma. Some of her prototype self was covered in the first volume of fragment, however; those scenarios are just repeating what the material has given, very few details are revealed.

Personality

Going back to the VN, I realize that she probably share a lot of traits from three main casts Rin, Shirou, and Sakura. In fact, an episode in Fate School Life revealed that Nasu divided Ayaka's base personalities and crank it up to build Rin and Sakura (even though this was answered jokingly.) https://imgur.com/e7xYeVH. She shares with both Shirou and Rin in role and scenarios; while also sharing Sakura's passiveness and position as a little sister. Personality wise, I see Ayaka in Rin the most, even though Misaya is suppose to be Rin. The way she is harsh on herself, her tsun, and her chemistry with Archer. Although her inferiority complex sometime get the best of her, she stays honest to herself like Rin/Shirou. For example in one of the earlier scenario in Proto Material, Sancraid attempted to sweet Ayaka into giving up her command spell to save herself from the War. Ayaka admits that she doesnt want to get involved, but in truth, in her heart she understood that she is only running away from her trauma, not the War. In term of her growth, her character development is more linear and basic than Shirou. Shirou inherited his resolution through Kerry from the start from the start, while Ayaka earned it through Saber during the war (even thought she indirectly taught him that.) In another way to put it, Shirou's story is a hero who overcome his hardship, and Ayaka's is a zero to hero.

Development
    What's is Ayaka's real personality like after her development? this is what I've been trying to find out. In the Character material book, Nasu stated that he wrote Stay Night before Witch on the Holy Night. He intended to use Aoko Aozaki (nasu and takuechi's favorite heroine that they always go back to, she's in tsukihime too) has a reference character to use for Fate, eventually Rin inherit Aoko's trait as heroine for fate instead of Ayaka. Rin is suppose to be the feminine version of Aoko, which turn out to be a clumsy Aoko instead. I was a bit confused, Nasu wrote Fate since high school to his 20s, so Ayaka has to be his earliest model of heroine, then whose personality does she take on? This is what I think, there are 3 version of Ayaka, one from the Old fate (nasu earlier TM days,) one from prototype (after stay night,) and the current one is being written. I feel like Nasu has already used up most of the resource he intended for her for Stay Night, so he left her development in a limbo. She remain stuck in her base character within these past 10 years since prototype, that's why her exposition is so incredibly low. When Prototype novel start, will her development be a feminine Aoko, a passive Rin or an independent agent of her own persona? Hopefully Nasu and Sakurai can justify her position as heroine, where she can shine on her own and not be overshadowed by Saber's perfection. She will be the one carrying half of the plot with her after all.

Ability
    Again, very little information. Prototype material hints that her awakening caused the holy grail to stop, this could mean Avalon, but I doubt it. Since Shirou returned Avalon to saber at the final battle, then Ayaka too would probably have returned Arthur his Avalon to fight Serenity who probably can control the black mud. It's not a Reality Marble as stated, so maybe it has to do with a special type of origin. Perhaps something that has to with purifying or healing property like how she made the flower blooms at the beginning? Nothing is specified, but we do know it was adequate to take out Sancraid in a solo fight. Then there is a possibility of her inherited something from her mother. Similar between Aoko and Touko, Manaka is connected to root, then Ayaka maybe got something else within her.

Extra
    The glasses she is wearing is really suspicious to me for some reason. I dont recall where it address that she has bad eyesight, nor did she really needed them in Fragment. To press this further, in one of the older illustration Takuechi drew of her together with Saber for an Art Calendar, she doesnt have any glasses on. https://imgur.com/a/TO0VMAZ
    This is her older self with longer hair and a more modern looking Saber (I suppose this is a depiction of Prototype Ending?) Strange Fake, the glasses being a necessity is mentioned again for some strange reason. I know Strange Fake is different universe but the question here is why her? A character that doesnt even have complete development.

One last thing, Fragment started out with Ayaka recalling about the past, could it be she has been reading her dad's journal along with us this whole time? I'll end this here for now as I have no further proof to show. I do hope Nasu is taking Prototype in consideration, Sakurai is probably busy with ton project too, so it would be nice if Nasu shows that he do care about his High School dream he once worked hard on.
    Last edited by SmartCable; May 2nd, 2018 at 12:59 AM. Reason: more info

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Hi guys,
    Here is the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 1: Little Lady Arc - Act 5 - Part One.

Part 1-A: From Ayaka's Perspective
    Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver
    Little Lady Arc -
    Chapter 5
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A magus who has been loved by mysteries goes to play with their family――――――
    ――――Drip, drip, drip.
    ――――Lots of drops of water are pouring down from the tilted watering can.

The weight which I hold is quickly getting lighter.
    The water permeates into the soil, down to the roots of the densely and thickly growing green Garden.
    As she stares at her hands and the ground, Ayaka Sajyou breathes a little. Her white breath. Although the sun was already rising right above her, the air was cold. Even the light of the sun which was shining in here from the nearby glass walls, didn’t feel so warm to her.
    As usual, watering the plants is carried out after my morning chores.
    The time is a bit slow today.
    I’m late today, too.

Ayaka: “My studies…….”

My magic studies. I should probably do them.

‘Yes,’ she slightly thinks.

Even if I try to think about it, the answer won’t come to me.
    There are some things that I probably appear to have to do, either way it’s studying. ‘My magic studies, or my school studies?’
    Her Papa is always saying that both are important, so Ayaka vaguely took it to mean ‘I probably should do it.’

‘Obviously, I must study magic because it’s our family lineage’s magic.’
    ‘Obviously, I must do my school studies because I’m a modern human.’

‘Both are necessary.’
    ‘Both are also a matter of course.’

‘Even without a teacher―――――

Ayaka: “……….”

Taking a glimpse, I return my gaze to my surroundings.
    Several pigeons are loitering around in a spot that’s a slight distance from my feet. As their reserved chirps make cooing sounds rumble from their throats, they’re peeping at my appearance.
    My appearance. Peeping. Really?’
    It might be my imagination, but I have a hunch that the pigeons are anticipating something from my own words and actions.

Ayaka: “No good.”

I mumble in a small voice.

Ayaka: “I, already gave you some food.”

My reply is met with a couple of coos and motions.
    As if they were saying “I don’t care,” or “I didn’t even get anything,” they tilt their necks.
    “Phew,” Ayaka exhales. Despite having broken the rules and called out to them, I don’t even think that the response that’s sent back to me will be somewhat stupid as this. I guess I’ll be glad if I don’t have to call out to them.

Ayaka: “Good grief.”

I exhale a sigh not at the pigeons, but towards myself.
    I carry the watering can which has gotten light enough to hold in one hand, vigilantly in both of my hands.
    I won’t make that kind of mistake again.

Yesterday, when I was giving water to the flowers and the green trees that grow thickly in Garden, I was just absentmindedly carrying the watering can which got lighter the more its contents lessened, not noticing that the weight balance was shifting each time it did, my hands carelessly let go of it, and……. My entire body got soaked in cold water.
    Moreover, not once, but thrice.

My premonition where I was feeling that perhaps, or rather―――― it’s not one of my good points came true.

Certainly, I’m clumsy myself.
    If I weren’t so, then yesterday would’ve passed unexpectedly casually.

That’s why, I won’t make that mistake again today.
    Regardless of whether I’m clumsy or reckless, I must learn from my mistakes. I’ve always heard it as such, from Papa. I must be aware that my mistakes are a good opportunity to grow. I was probably told this countless times already. “Yes, countless times,” I nodded.
    I won’t drop my guard. I’ll carry the watering can with both of my hands, and water it down to the last drop.

Ayaka: “Yep.”

Nodding, I return to the watering spot.
    Deliberately ignoring, the gathering pigeons who had misjudged it as me having finished the watering.

After hanging the hose into the watering can’s open mouth, I turn on the tap. A sound echoes, of the sound of flowing water running through the water pipe and pouring into the watering can.

There, they overlap with the pigeons’ warbles.

Regardless of whether its firmly soundproofed, I can’t hear the outside noises. Is it an automobile on the main street?
    It’s just, like I’m in the middle of a forest――――

Despite not knowing how it is like a real forest, ‘Yes,’ I vaguely think.
    It was because after a little while I realized, ‘there’s no water pipe or service in a forest.”

Ayaka: “……. I wonder, if they’re not here again today.”

My grumbling voice.
    It’s small enough, to fully disappear into the sound of the water filling up the watering can.

Ayaka: “Papa.”

I haven’t seen him since this morning
    Same as yesterday.

Ayaka: “Big Sister.”

Big sister Manaka didn’t even show her face for yesterday’s breakfast.
    This morning too.

Ayaka: “An important ritual, what is it?”

Being held in Tokyo here, is a large-scale magical ritual.
    It is said to lead to the magi’s greatest ambition.

Including the Sajyou family, all mages from past to present have wished, desired and continue to have reach out to this great item. In order to reach it, the ritual must be carried out. In the middle of the night of the day before yesterday, her Papa had said that much with a serious tone, to Ayaka who was nodding off with half-sleepy eyes.

As she mixes his speeches.
    An important ritual.

Papa, as well as Big Sis, are participating in it.
    When I asked, “Should I also do something too?” Papa shook his head.
    “You mustn’t get involved with the ritual, but for a while, please take a break from school.”
    As he said that――――

Ayaka: “I wonder if I always be on break…….”

Yesterday, today too.
    I’m taking a break from elementary school for the second consecutive time.
    I’m always, in the house.

Because I’ve been instructed to, “Never leave the grounds.
    Although no matter how much she inquired about the reason for it, like “is the combat situation building up into a more chaotic state than first presumed?” or “did a Master leave?” or “Do we have to be careful of Assassin?” or “is there a knot already suspected in the Reiroukan manor?” her Papa who was just muttering some non-coherent speech to himself, never did give a proper answer to Ayaka.

Although she thought it was strange, Ayaka, obediently obeyed her Papa with an “okay.”
    It’s not even, particularly, the first time that Ayaka had taken the day off from school.

There was the time when she was absent when she was completely bed-ridden with a fever, or the time when her chores had dragged on, or the number of times when she couldn’t go to school as the barrier had been extended due to Ayaka’s own poor skill. To that extent, I think that since Papa contacted my homeroom teacher last time, surely, I should do something similar and contact her too this time. Like when my daily chores dragged on, I could do it while concealing the magical part.

‘How did he contact her?’ I had a bit of interest, in that.

When I was absent with a real cold and fever, some classmates did come over bringing prints, together with some other people over for a visit, but nobody came when I was absent for my magic studies. And yet, when I went to the classroom the next day, my classmates would say something like “You were absent, are you alright?” The same things as when I was absent with a cold and fever.

Did he use some sort of magic, perhaps?
    I wonder how he did it?

I, don’t really know. I’d go ask him, but Papa isn’t here.
    He didn’t show himself during my daily morning chore hours. Yesterday, as well as today too.
    Although my morning breakfast was prepared in the refrigerator, a memo with “Please heat and eat the frozen food in the microwave for lunch and dinner,” written on it, was placed on top of the dining room table. It’s exactly the same as yesterday.

I don’t really like frozen food.
    But, I like frozen gratin quite a bit.
    But, I slightly hate it, when I have to eat it over and over again.

Ayaka: “If I ate it, for lunch…….”

As if I’m talking to the pigeons beneath my feet, I talk to myself.

Ayaka: “What should I do, should I watch some TV…….”

The puppet TV show program that’s playing on the education channel is fun, and pleasant to watch every day.
    But, I think it’s just a bit lonely, when I can’t see my classmates.
    I also can’t meet with Papa and Big Sis.
    To be absent from school, for Papa and Big Sis to go far away for some reason, doesn’t mean that I wasn’t lonely up till now. Papa especially would often leave home for several days for work.

But, it was rare for them to overlap.

Taking a break from school, all by myself in a house with no one in it.
    I always water Garden immediately after doing my daily chores, like this, so that he won’t get angry about it even if I do have free time to spend until lunchtime.
    Since I’m alone, nobody can say anything to me.

Ayaka: “……The Holy Grail War.”

While stopping the water that had overflowed from the watering can, I mutter, those few words.
    “The Holy Grail War.” They were, the words that I caught from Papa’s speeches on that evening, the day before yesterday.
    An important ritual.
    The Magi’s great ambition.
    The Holy Grail War.
    I don’t know the details of it, and I don’t understand it.
    But, there was something that even Ayaka could sense in it, just a little.

About a few things――――

For example, Big Sister.
    Big Sis Manaka.
    She’s way more sparkly than before, she’s gotten prettier too.

For example, my Papa.
    Father.
    He’s become different due to the changes in Big Sis, he’s, become a bit scared of her.

Papa’s speeches are somewhat―――――
    Even though I have never heard of it even once, until now…….
    Part 1-B: Journal Excerpt
    Spoiler:

The Holy Grail War.
    This is, a mutual slaughter.

Magi who have become Masters will normally decide to threaten your life.
    You must freely use your magical mysteries, and you must survive until the end by harnessing your Servant.

There are two conditions by which you can be defeated in the Holy Grail War.
    A case where you have lost your life.
    A case where you have lost your Servant.

Even if you can preserve your own life, if you lose your Servant then you will lose your right to obtain the Grail.
    But, even if you have perhaps lost your Servant, don’t let your guard down. You must seek protection from the “Overseer” who has been dispatched directly from the Holy Church, as the possibility is more than likely that you could be killed by the other Masters.

Protect your own life.
    Protect your family lineage.
    You mustn’t stop your magic continue it uninterrupted.

You must use your workshop effectively.
    If a workshop determines your style of magic, then it will become your assured protection even against Servants.

On the one hand, there’s a move where you can pretend to have an ordinary and unchanging life.
    However, if you’re a Magus who possesses an external social network and you suddenly stay inside your own workshop, then there is also the risk that you could be surmised to be a Master who challenges the Holy Grail War.

But, if you approach the Holy Grail War half-heartedly.
    Then there is also the possibility that you have already been grasped to have a shared lineage by your fellow Masters.

You must be simultaneously aware of your offense and defence.
    And, protect your blood.
    Your son. Your daughter.
    Protect the people who will inherit your own lineage, inherit your magic circuits, and inherit your magic research.

If you feel it is necessary―――――
    Don’t hesitate to use a decoy.

(An extract from an old notebook)

Part 1-C: Third Person Perspective
    Spoiler:

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
    In the mountains of Okutama, Western Tokyo.

Inside a clearing of trees that’s far separated from the mountain path, a life or death struggle which couldn’t be touched by anyone’s eyes was unfolding. No, to be exact, that scenery was being reflected in the eyes of the birds dancing in the ashen sky.

A lone knight who is clad solely in blue and silver armour, slips through at the moment when the jaws of death rains down on him one by one, with an appearance of sometimes defending or clearing them away.

The knight who stood on the mountain slope――――Saber was intercepting the swarm of death flying straight at him.
    Countless steel approaches him to pierce through everything that’s in their line of fire.

They are, arrows.

Like the invisible blade that he holds, it is a weapon which shouldn’t really be used in the modern era.
    One of the tools that humans employ to steal the lives of others who oppose them.
    Drawing their bowstring to the limit, they fire their nocked arrows, piercing through the target who exists at a long range, and kills them.
    There’s, about 20 arrows per breath.

That wasn’t a common skill. In other words, there’s no doubt that the opponent who is carrying out this attack is not an ordinary person, he exists as a being that surpassed human wisdom the same as Saber. It probably not an exaggeration even to say that he’s a fragment of the ultimate mystery. Generated by a Servant, it’s a special move that must be admired as he’s been using it even while killing the natural laws. The fired arrows shave off the Okutama mountains with unbelievable speed and power

It drills a round hole into an able-bodied tree trunk.
    Smashes the earth.
    Crushes a lightly rained on boulder.

They are, multiple simultaneous shots. Roughly 20 of them.
    By relying on the tiny reflections of light carried by the steel arrowheads, or just on the small sounds of wind cutting, Saber was facing each deadly arrow head on.

He dodges them with basic footwork, slices through the ones that can’t be avoided with his invisible sword, and yet he repels the remaining arrows with his armour. One would probably express it as him exposing his armour. His silver armour which was woven with mana, if there’s an especially thick portion of it, then it may be up to the task to protect him against the deadly arrows that were gouging the earth and smashing the trees.

‘Even with my sharp vision, I can’t see Archer’s figure.’

Although it’s easy to pinpoint his location from the direction of the fired arrows, it appeared to him that the shooter is apparently keeping up his shots while moving through the mountain at high speeds. With each group of fired shots, the attacking direction of the arrows are becoming distinct.

Saber: “………Between him or Sir Tristan, I wonder which one of them would come out on top?”

Protecting himself against the countless shots, he lets out a brief breath.
    One of the knights who once gathered at the Round Table.
    He thinks for a bit, about that figure and name.

That knight who could freely operate a multitude of weapons naturally excelled with a bow too, “The bow which hits the target” which he demonstrated even in hunting spots, was literally none other than his special move.

If he confronted him with his skill of firing multiple arrows at once like this, then I wonder which bow would be superior at the end of it? As a knight who soared through the same war scene as him, it swells up my genuine curiosity, but it’s not like this is a situation where I could spare thoughts about each of my regrets now. In the corner of his mind, he stops to meagrely think about the tiny extra bit further than that.

There in that battle, he focuses only on the battle.
    Becoming a solitary fighting machine, he just brings victory onto the battlefield.
    It is, himself.
    That is what it means, to draw a sword.

Manaka:
    “If you feel like it’s getting dangerous, escape, immediately.”

Manaka’s words from a moment ago.
    Saber remembers them precisely.

Manaka: “You, just, have to draw out Archer for me.”

It was just before he set foot into the mountain.
    The girl who was his Master, said that to him, whilst frowning her expression.
    Moistening her blue eyes which were transparent like a jewel, a sad colour was expressed on her beautiful features.
    Her first words of “Take care not to get hurt” were towards the one whom she could not protect, as the girl, appeared to have been deeply worried about him.

But, that mattered not to Saber.
    Rather, one could say t’was his specialty.
    For a Servant, must proceed to the place of exchanging lives as their Master’s blade.
    Truly he was like a knight running through the battlefield for the sake of his Master.
    In that case, the girl’s words this time.

I want to draw him out――――

Indeed, he would certainly accept his Master’s orders.
    He’ll try to draw him out.

For example, with hundreds――――no, thousands, no, millions, of arrows incessantly pouring down on him, he just tries to stick it out.
    He preps his sword. One handed. If there was a blade that he could wield not to bisect his approaching enemy, but to knock down the arrows flying at him with, then one-handed, is a fitting pose to carry his sword only in his right hand with.

To prepare for any unforeseen circumstances, he should probably keep his left hand free.
    Stopping in a spot on the mountain slope, he continues to get further fired on.
    The flock of steel arrows attacks him for a few seconds straight.

He safely dodges and repels them.
    Just when he felt like his body had gotten used to the dodging and defence, suddenly, the arrows broke off. Even after a few seconds passed, the arrows didn’t come to do him in. ‘Is he giving up on an opponent who could bring him down at this current distance?’ 'No. It’s probably not that.' The Servant’s peculiar presence is unsteadily being pronounced in the mountain even now.'
    'I’ll vigilantly lie in wait, without demolishing my stance.'
    And then―――――

The sky, was dyed black.

It’s not like, black rainclouds had appeared all of a sudden.
    Though, it was enough to exhaustively fill up the sky with―――――
    A surging wave of arrows?
    A torrent of death?
    A heavy rain of steel?

Saber: “―――――How interesting.”

Prepping his invisible blade again in both hands.
    Saber mumbles a little.

Part 1-D: From Elsa's Perspective
    Spoiler:

I can see a lone girl.
    I can say that she is adorable, and, possibly beautiful too.

‘Lovely.’ I think a word like that suits her.
    That girl was walking in the mountain.
    All by herself.
    She’s not even doing anything, in particular.
    When she finds a butterfly, she tries holding it on her finger and smiles.

Manaka: “……♪”

She’s singing and humming a tune.
    Is she a normal person who came for a picnic?
    But, in this cold season, where it’s so cold that my exhaled breath is turning white?
    I know, there’s no kind of evaluation criteria for an enemy Magus, like their outer appearance etc.
    But, the fact that she’s just, “a girl,” aches somewhere in “my” heart.

Furthermore, more than anything…...
    The girl’s expression, the tune she hums.

Gentle, and beautiful.

I can feel too much of her genuine purity.
    Is this child who embodied that much loveliness, possibly a participant in the mutual slaughter?
    The Holy Grail War, and the rest of it―――――

Manaka: “I found you.”

She can see me!
    The girl, is definitely looking over here at me.
    A few ‘No Ways!’ rise up in my mind.
    Could she be, a Master? That girl?
    No way, has she broken through my remote viewing magic at this distance?
    No way, has she been searching for me?

Manaka: “You’re Archer’s Master, right? Thank you.”

I can read, the words coming from her moving lips.
    This girl is a Master, that’s first without a doubt.
    I must evacuate immediately.
    If she has enough talent to notice me at this distance, then it’s probably easy for her to detect my whereabouts.

But, I couldn’t move.

Not my lips. My legs. I can’t even move my eyelids.
    I can’t move my body.
    Is it utterly beyond stupid, for me to ask “Why?” ――――

Manaka: “Thank you.”

Her words spin again, from her cherry-blossom coloured lips.

“Thank you.”

Why, is this girl thanking me?

She’s speaking them to me. That much is certain.
    But, I can’t understand the meaning behind her words.

“Thank you.”

For, what?

Manaka: ““You know, although I’m glad that you let me have a picnic with him…….”

Him――――
    Is she talking about her Servant?
    A picnic? What is, she talking about?

Manaka: “But……...”

The girl’s expression, darkens.
    In a sudden transformation​, the face of loveliness itself colours itself with sadness.

Manaka: “You, made him expose himself to danger.”

In the inside of her eyes―――――

Manaka: “So, what will you do about it?”

I can see something――――
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; March 21st, 2022 at 03:16 AM.

Hi guys,
    Here is the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 1: Little Lady Arc - Act 5 - Part Two.

Part 2-A: From Ayaka's Perspective
    Spoiler:

Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver
    Little Lady Arc -
    Chapter 5 - Part Two
    Hiroki Sajyou: “Ayaka. Are you in here?”

The time had right passed 2 pm.

Slowly, while thinking, ‘my skills sure aren’t all that great even for myself,’ I open the same frozen gratin seal as I did for yesterday’s lunch and dinner, place it on a heat-resistant plate, and when I was staring at the microwave oven wondering how the oven functions work for the third time…...

Papa appeared in the kitchen.

As I look at Papa who reflects my gaze, I, am completely gobsmacked.
    Is it because I was thinking that no-one was at home? Or, did he come back home from the outside when I wasn’t looking? If that’s the case, then is Big Sis here too? Moreover, I think someone must be in one of the rooms that I mustn’t enter―――――

Hiroki Sajyou: “Manaka isn’t here. I’ll be leaving soon, too.”
    Ayaka: “I see……”

‘In that case, I should probably prepare two Gratins.’
    As she thinks that, Ayaka nods.

Hiroki Sajyou: “Are you doing your studies?”

Papa’s words.
    I don’t know which studies he’s talking about.
    Is he talking about my school studies? Or my magic studies?

“I’m doing them,” I vaguely return the words.
    I’m doing the former. I just, have the feeling that I haven’t done the latter properly. After all, Papa doesn’t show his face during my daily morning chores. I can’t tell if I’m doing it right just by myself. I can only understand it, when it’s proper.

Ayaka: (Have I been busted?)

He has pointed out the lie mixed into my words. Despite thinking that, ‘I am.’

Hiroki Sajyou: “Is that so?”

I just nod, briefly to that.
    Papa didn’t come out and say anything.

Hiroki Sajyou: “You’re very late, for lunch.”
    Ayaka: “Yes.”
    Hiroki Sajyou: “Did you follow the memo that said to “please eat it properly?”
    Ayaka: “I’m sorry. I forgot……to eat it…….”

I spit out lies even here.
    To tell the truth, I was waiting for Papa or Big Sis to come home.
    Because, even if I heat and eat the frozen food, by myself, it’s not gonna be even a little delicious.
    After all, when I become much bigger, I can do more at home, I’ll be able to cook, but then would I be able them deliciously eat them even when I’m alone?

Hiroki Sajyou:
    “Will you please set the table?”
    Ayaka: “Sure.”
    Hiroki Sajyou: “You should respond with a “Yes.” Ayaka”
    Ayaka: “Y, yes.”

As he’s still talking, I enter the dining room by myself. I wipe down the table with a wet dish cloth and take out the forks from the cupboard. Since I had no idea about him, I tentatively, take out enough cutlery for two. I take out two cups and pour milk into them too.
    As I did a bit of it, I can hear the sound of a chime, “ping,” coming from the kitchen.
    Papa, came in carrying in two gratins that were placed onto plates.

Ayaka: (Ah, we’re gonna it eat together!)

Papa, and myself. We’re gonna eat frozen gratin together.
    If we eat it together, then the taste of it―――――
    Won’t, particularly change much.
    It’ll be the same as yesterday’s lunch and dinner, frozen food.

Ayaka: “What about Big Sis?”

I eat, a bit of it. And drink the milk.
    Although I gently asked about it, with a small voice, there’s no response. The dining room is still quiet.
    As I raise my gaze from my gratin, Papa was making a strange face.
    Affixed with an expression that he didn’t always show on his face, Papa, is staring straight at me.

Ayaka: “Papa?”

What is it, I wonder?
    I’ve never seen this kind of face, on Papa.
    In his eyes, there’s something, a strange feeling like it’s someone else. His expression. His face. His eyes.
    I feel something, shivering down along my spine. It’s really similar to what I felt when I saw Big Sis’s smiling face, a couple of days ago.
    It feels so terribly, cold. Chilly.

Hiroki Sajyou: “Manaka……” Papa started to say something, after closing his mouth once.
    Hiroki Sajyou: “The ritual, will be held over a very important period of time. So, take care to never get close to the back room, and I shouldn’t have to hear you calling out to us from there.”
    Ayaka:   “Right.”

In this room――――like I thought, there’s someone here.
    Ayaka nods while consenting to it a little.

In one of the rooms that I mustn’t enter, there’s definitely someone in the back room, which means, that I did somehow notice them after all. Although I didn’t realize it at first, a few days ago in the middle of the night, when I was walking in the hallway trying to go to the toilet, I had this feeling that I saw a shadow of a person.

The shadow’s physique, was different than Papa or Big Sis’s.
    I hadn’t thought, ‘Hii, a burglar.’ I thought that he didn’t seem to be, that bad, of a person.

Ayaka:
    (I wonder if it’s someone who has a relation, to this, “Holy Grail War” thing. A guest maybe?)

I wanted to ask a question.
    Who is that person?

Why, are they in the back room?
    Are Papa and Big Sis, meeting with that person?
    I wanted to say it. I want to ask him. But, I can’t say it.
    On Papa’s face, there’s still, traces of an expression that I’ve never seen before.

I’m too scared and I can’t ask him―――――

Ayaka: “Is Big Sis, okay?”

Muttering a few words, the words spill out from my lips.
    They’re not the words that naturally came out from my lips, I was trying to say something, and those words were squeezed out.
    I want to scrape the traces of that something which is still clinging to Papa’s face off.
    As I pretend to return my gaze to my gratin, I examine Papa’s appearance.

His expression.
    The emotions in his eyes.
    There’s a strange, helpless feeling in them.

Hiroki Sajyou: “She is……I guess. No, no, there’s no problem with Manaka. I can’t even spot one problem for when we do the ritual to achieve our great ambition, so don’t you worry about her.”
    Ayaka:   “I, is that so?”
    Hiroki Sajyou: “There’s no prob...…...”

He’s trying to say, something. It’s almost like――――
    However. He couldn’t continue his words. At least, to Ayaka.

Hiroki Sajyou: “Problem? There’s, no such problem. It’s almost going too well. Everything is going so swimmingly well for us that even the Holy Church is starting to have doubts. It’s the same for me too. Why, why can “that” do practically anything? I know “that” has natural talent for it, but is that perhaps loved by magic? Loved by mysteries? But, even so, to hold such regards for “that” Servant while he’s in a human body……... Already, “that” even acts like it knows the location of the Greater Grail. So why? When and how did “that” obtain the knowledge of it? I didn’t tell “that” about it, so for “that” to easily make, even lots of the secret rituals that doesn’t exist in the Sajyou lineage her belonging is……...”

What is he saying, I have no clue what he’s talking about?
    It was, Papa’s internal monologue.
    I didn’t want to hear it.
    Ignoring the me who is right in front of him, the figure of Papa who is muttering and grumbling something, is very……...

――――was, very weird after all.

Part 2-B: From Ayaka's Perspective
    Spoiler:

About my Papa, I love him.
    I love him.
    I also thought that, Papa, surely loves me too.

Yeah.
    I think that, even now.
    Even now, I love that about Papa.
    I just think that’s ‘it’s a bit, scary.’

Just that.
    Yeah, just that.

So, I wait until he returns to normal for me.
    Stop talking to yourself, turn back into regular old Papa again.
    Even though it should’ve been the same thing I ate yesterday, for some reason, the gratin had no flavour.
    It’s a squishy squishy, rubbery like gratin.

When I finish eating it.
    Finally, Papa was making his usual face.
    Papa, who is quiet, serious, and a bit stern to me.

Ayaka: “I’ll do the cleaning-up. So, Papa you go to work…….”
    Hiroki Sajyou: “No, that can wait till later.”

Papa, with his usual face.
    With a quiet voice, he says…...

Hiroki Sajyou:
    “Let’s go to Garden. I have something I need to tell you, Ayaka”

What is it?
    I, tilt my neck, and tried to ask, “Why?”
    Papa took my hand, and we leave the dining room.

We walk together in the hallway.
    Huh. Huh?
    It’s very strange, to be holding Papa’s hand, like this. I have a feeling that I’ve taken it like that before when I was at much much younger age, but at least, I think it’s not a memory from when I moved up to Elementary School.

We open the door in front of us where I’ve walked through much of the house’s corridor, and we leave for the outside.
    We proceed through the passage, open the end glass door, and finally we arrive at it.

Garden.
    Where I spent most of my morning hours in, our garden.
    Surrounded by glass walls and ceilings, it’s a place of green trees and flowers.
    I do my daily morning chores here, and, it’s my study spot.

Hiroki Sajyou: “Nobody can destroy this spell formula. In the worst-case scenario, please take refuge in here.”
    Ayaka: “The worst-case?”
    Hiroki Sajyou: “The meaning of it is exactly as it sounds. Even if you do pay careful attention, a critical situation may break out.”
    Ayaka: “Huh?”

I don’t, really understand it.
    I try to look up at Papa’s face.

It’s the same as his words. Papa’s expressions, I don’t understand them really well.
    Although the sky was getting cloudy, it’s still bright, but I couldn’t see Papa’s face because of the light coming in from the glass ceiling behind him.

Hiroki Sajyou: “I didn’t want to tell you this, but everything here, was made by your mother.”
    Ayaka: “I, see.”

I did have that kind of feeling. That it wasn’t my Papa who made it, I mean.

Hiroki Sajyou: “It’s true. She made it for you…...”
    Ayaka: “Eh……...”

My neck, I completely tilt it.
    This place――――
    Since, I thought that Garden was a place to do magic studies in.
    It’s for the sake of the Sajyou family magics.
    So, naturally, it is for, the person who will inherit the house, for Big Sis.

Ayaka:   “But, Big Sis…...?”
    Hiroki Sajyou: “Manaka probably won’t need this place. Your mother, definitely understood that too.”

Mother too?
    He says, “She understood,” what?

Hiroki Sajyou:
    “So, Ayaka…...”

Papa, touches my shoulder.

Hiroki Sajyou:
    “This belongs to you.”

Only a bit, more strongly. Papa holds me.

Hiroki Sajyou: “It’s, just yours…….”

And then―――――
    Papa told me, some words.

About Garden.
    About Mum.
    And after that, about myself.
    Although I nodded over and over again saying, “Yes,” I didn’t really understand the words being said to me.

But, even so…….

I, understood them.
    Papa, my Papa who had become a bit scared, but―――――

In truth nothing really did change.
    Surely, it’ll be soon.
    Once the important ritual ends, then he’ll definitely make sure to return to normal, right?

Part 2-C: Third Person Perspective
    Spoiler:

Archer: “A fired arrow won’t return ever again. Though if you nock the arrow onto a bow, draw it to its limit and fire it, it’ll be able to backtrack somewhat.”

Archer says.
    To his Master who is repeatedly sobbing even now.
    Berserker: “Arrrurrruuggggghhhhhh―――!!”

Berserker howls to the moon floating in the sky.
    In the middle of a sturdy magical garden that’s like a fortress.
    Lancer:
    “Thou art a kind person. An honest person. You who doth adorn yourself in silver armour. Even as I pierce your life with my lance, you probably will not change.”

Lancer mumbles.
    While scorching her body in the flames that blaze from within her.
    Assassin: “My Master. Everything, everything, I do is for your sake…...”

Assassin whispers.
    While repeating her deadly dance again, tonight.
    Rider: “Ha-ha! Flee, run, fly away! Struggle to the best of your ability. Scream. Shout! Either way, the fate of all three of you mongrels, is to burn and vanish by my light!”

The king sonorously cries.
    As he sits on his ship floating in the night sky, he burns the surface with a scorching heat that is like the sun.

Releasing an arrow.
    The war, has already begun.

The Greater Holy Grail.
    A wish granting device that continues to operate mercilessly.
    As many tragedies revolve around it.

――――The promised time is near.
    ――――The Holy Grail War, will increase in violence, infringing itself upon the Tokyo night.
    [End of Chapter]
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; July 13th, 2018 at 07:28 AM.

Loli Ayaka is such a ditz, lol.

And Arash is beast, good lord.

Thanks for the translation, Phoenix.

Spoiler:
    As if they were saying “I don’t care,” or “I didn’t even get anything,” they tilt their necks.
    “Phew,” Ayaka exhales. Despite having broken the rules and called out to them, I don’t even think that the response that’s sent back to me will be somewhat stupid as this. I guess I’ll be glad if I don’t have to call out to them.

Ayaka: “Good grief.”

I exhale a sigh not at the pigeons, but towards myself.
    I carry the watering can which has gotten light enough to hold in one hand, vigilantly in both of my hands.
    I won’t make that kind of mistake again.

Yesterday, when I was giving water to the flowers and the green trees that grow thickly in Garden, I was just absentmindedly carrying the watering can which got lighter the more its contents lessened, not noticing that the weight balance was shifting each time it did, my hands carelessly let go of it, and……. My entire body got soaked in cold water.

Waaahh this was adorable. I wonder has she always been naturally close to bird since the beginning?

Arash can shoot a storm of magic amplified arrows... the way Sakurai described him made it feels like he was definitely worth than one star. Arthur seems like she really pushes the 1st rank servant image onto him.
    Last edited by SmartCable; May 16th, 2018 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartCable View Post

Waaahh this was adorable. I wonder has she always been naturally close to bird since the beginning?

Arash can shoot a storm of magic amplified arrows... the way Sakurai described him made it feels like he was definitely worth than one star. Arthur seems like she really pushes the 1st rank servant image onto him.
    Yeah I never got how Bryn chose Arthur as the strongest when Ozy exists.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because she was unable to resist his yandere magnet powers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Because Arthur is a literal embodiment of a protagonist. Even if he's weaker in power for a time he will always win. Has been like that since ancient myth, King Arthur shall always be the perfect king
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I still think Bryn going after Ozy would have made more sense, even if she did end up getting roasted very early on as a result.

Here's my take on the whole power ranking.
    I feel like the ranking only categorize on who has the highest potential in power, rather than the technical applied power of the servant.
    My speculation of Arthur being placed on the top is because of his Excalibur. It assume that "if" he can unlock all 13 seals on Excalibur, then he can "potentially" be invincible; therefore, he is systematically placed 1st for the "potential" power that he has.
    I agree Ozy is indeed stronger by how much power he can "control," but not by how potentially stronger he can be. Despite how incredibly Sakurai describe and wank Arthur to be in the novel, he's actually just a high tier servant with max stats and a Lv 1 skill set.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Prototype verse ranks the Servants in terms of class, regardless of who's in them, bear in mind.

Saber > Berserker > Archer > Lancer > Rider > Caster > Assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I could have sworn Nigel asked Bryn who she personally felt she is the strongest. Which he wouldn't have done, with the rankings the way they are.

But I'll let it go.

I could have sworn Nigel asked Bryn who she personally felt she is the strongest. Which he wouldn't have done, with the rankings the way they are.

But I'll let it go.
    I believe what happened in LN (and this is just going from memory) was that Nigel told Brynhildr to test Saber first, because he was the most superior class, and if she felt that he was worthy enough then to use the obsession drug.

I'm guessing that if Saber hadn't proven himself worthy, then Nigel would've instructed her to test Berserker (who is the next strongest class) next and continue in this pattern of classes, until she found a hero who was worthy enough for the drug. The reason why Ozymandias wasn't targeted first was because it was only the very start of the Holy Grail War and Nigel had no idea who the other Servants were yet, so he chose to do it by class.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Wiseman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    I believe what happened in LN (and this is just going from memory) was that Nigel told Brynhildr to test Saber first, because he was the most superior class, and if she felt that he was worthy enough then to use the obsession drug.

I'm guessing that if Saber hadn't proven himself worthy, then Nigel would've instructed her to test Berserker (who is the next strongest class) next and continue in this pattern of classes, until she found a hero who was worthy enough for the drug. The reason why Ozymandias wasn't targeted first was because it was only the very start of the Holy Grail War and Nigel had no idea who the other Servants were yet, so he chose to do it by class.
    And he won the lottery

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman View Post
    And he won the lottery
    too bad Manaka was a thing
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    The Prototype verse ranks the Servants in terms of class, regardless of who's in them, bear in mind.

Saber > Berserker > Archer > Lancer > Rider > Caster > Assassin
    ...Huh. So that's where the GO class triangles come from.

Wait, never mind, in the game, Saber loses to Archer but wins against Lancer.