Page 1 of 23 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments Complete Version

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar

Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver Complete Version

Hi guys,

Since I've been getting lots of requests for this, I'll be uploading the rest of the translations for the first 3 arcs. However, since it felt awkward to do this in the middle of my other thread, so I've created this new thread
    that will start with Arc 1 Act 1 of the Little Lady Arc.

So, here it is, the first part of Arc 1 Act 1 of Fate Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 1, Act 1 of the Little Lady Arc

Part 1 - A:
    Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------
    The omnipotent girl has fallen in love
    ―――――
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Part 1 - B:
    Spoiler:

Thou art a radiant person ――――
    Sincere, proud.
    And kind.

That smile of his sparkles softly, like the shining morning sun.
    You, who art kind, believe in justice, and loves goodness.
    Despite hating conflict, you’re stronger than anyone if you pick up your sword for a moment.
    Your shining sword removes and eliminates those who’d become the evil, the wicked in every corner of the world.

――――You’re a prince from a fairy tale.

In reality there are no princes.
    There is no meaning even in looking for them.
    Because reality, is much more, cruel and harsh.
    We were raised while being told as such.
    By our parents, by our teachers.
    Or perhaps by the world itself.

Look, at how cruel it is, at how harsh it is.
    Black is the colour which permeates this world.
    Its ashen colour persists to the utmost.

There are no princes, or white horses either.
    There are also no such things as dazzling fairy tales anywhere.

But, we knew it.
    My prince is surely, somewhere in this world.
    That’s right, we knew it.

If there is something like a fairy tale like event, it is certainly somewhere in this world.
    Yeah.

So――――
    We know.

The brilliant you are there in this world.
    You who art my destiny is there in this world.
    We were separated by time, sometimes brushing each other in time.

But someday, we’ll snuggle up closely together.
    While tearing apart the darkness of the world.
    Clad in blue and silver.

With your shining sword that is more radiant than anything, in hand.
    ―――――You will come to me, here.

----------------------------------------------------
    Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments
    Little Lady Arc - Act 1
    ----------------------------------------------------

Part 1 -C:

Spoiler:

There raise not the dead.
    There cannot recover lost things, never again.
    Even the greatest miracle can only affect the living.
    In the final days, salvation can be found once more.
    The Holy City of Jerusalem shall reappear.
    The kingdom accepts all.

From yonder distant waves, seven heads, and ten crowns shall appear.

O’ you who art sinful.
    Thy name is the enemy.
    Thy heart is of greed.

Thy praises shall morph into blasphemy and rage over the earth.

In the foundation of a universal miracle.
    There is no proof of our lost lord’s love, for it is a paradox here.

Part 1 - D:
    Spoiler:

The Holy Grail War.
    It is, a bloody conflict, where we magi will wager our lives for the sake of a wish.
    Seven Servants, and Seven Magi who have obtained the rank of an angel.
    Heroic Spirits who once met an ‘untimely death” will revive into the modern world by temporarily obtaining vessels for their souls called Servants, gathering together in one place alongside the magi who are to be their Masters, they will kill each other until one Servant remains at the end, unfolding into a brutal battle that surpasses human intellect.

Magi, Servants.
    For the sake of having their wishes granted, together.
    When it is the year 1999 AD.
    The end of the old millennium.

A new Holy Grail War will start, here in Tokyo――――a Promised Land at the far end of the East.

And, now.
    A single, Servant stands before my eyes.

He, who has green eyes.
    He, who wears silver armour.
    The first ranked Servant, who swore to fight together with me in this Holy Grail War, nestles close to me, a Master of the lowest of the seven ranks, Princes.
    You, a knight who said that you’ll protect me.

Saber.

To the me of that time, you, seemed to be too tall.

Without realising it, I’m looking at your figure as if it was 8 years ago.

8 years ago.
    At that time, you were probably, fighting in a place unknown to me, assuredly, by my older sister’s side.

And yet.
    There were a lot of things that I didn’t know about.

About you.
    About my Papa.

About what this thing called the Holy Grail War, specifically meant to you?
    Or what my older sister had done back then?

My older sister―――――
    Big Sis Manaka.

A person who shone more than anyone else.
    A person who’d participated in the Holy Grail Wars 8 years ago, together with you.
    Although there are a lot of things that I don’t remember even now, as I at that time was still young, even so, there are also things that I surely do remember.

That’s right, for example.
    I, have always, about my big sister――――――
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; May 12th, 2018 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Fixing Title because it is apparently Fragments of Sky Silver on the drama cd

Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 1: Little Lady Arc
    Part 2 of 2 of Act 1

Part 2 - A:
    Spoiler:

The light of the dazzling sun, was flowing in from a gap in the closed curtains. The voices of the songbirds, were telling the time as they perched on the branches of every tree immediately beyond the window. Signs of the morning. Disappearing somewhere like a lie the coldness and darkness of the night, the day which should’ve been “tomorrow” just before she had slept, had come in the form of “today.”

Ayaka: “Uuー”

Still rubbing her somewhat heavy eyelids, Ayaka Sajyou faintly woke up, in her soft bed. The light of the sun. The voices of the songbirds. Although, she didn’t hate the signs of the mornings which ought to be comfortable, and invigorating. She couldn’t become fond of the arrival of morning itself, too much.

Ayaka: (It’s already morning)

Shifting her own body temperature, she didn’t deny that she liked the comfortable sensation of her bed which kept its warmth to just the right temperature. Speaking of preferences in a category of fondness, though she’d preferred to keep sleeping, scattering her body about while still feeling its warmth like this.

Ayaka:
    (The alarm clock, hasn’t rung, yet……..)

Holding some expectations, she reached out for the digital clock placed at her bedside, while covering her head with her blanket. The cold air was touching her right hand, as it came out. If she had say which one of these sensations she’d prefer, then she liked this one more. However, cold things are still cold. So she immediately drew the clock back into her blanket.
    It was a reasonably high quality clock, which displayed the days, dates and the AD. It was an item which had been bought and given to her for her birthday last year. Although she had wanted a much more cuter one, she had already been using this clock for more than a year, and couldn’t be bothered to complain about it to her Papa.

【1991】

She could always confirm the time, by unconsciously giving a fleeting glance to the AD display.

【6:14 AM】

6:14 AM.
    If she was a girl her age, then surely, at this time most people would certainly go back to sleep again. However, because Ayaka’s lifestyle was somewhat different from your typical elementary school girl’s, she decided to turn off the alarm clock while grumbling “…...perfect,” making a slightly troubled face as her eyes laid onto the digital display. The set time on the alarm clock was 6:15 AM. Thus, perfect. She couldn’t stay in bed any more than this. Squirming, she crawled her way out of the blanket.

Squirming, she took off her pajamas. As expected, the morning air was still cold. Cold. Picking up the change of clothes that had been folded up properly and placed on top of her desk chair, before she had gone to sleep last night, she changed a bit more quickly than the time that it’d took for her to remove them. Since when, had she become able to change her clothes by herself. She had been able to do it since she moved up to elementary school at least. If she said it conversely, then she didn’t remember when she was made to change her clothes by someone. Whether she had been made to by her Mum or her Papa, she couldn’t say.

Though she thought that it probably wasn’t her Papa. She only believed that it was sort of strange, despite not remembering it.

Ayaka: “Okay!”

Having finished changing her clothes, she stood in front of the full length mirror there beside the wardrobe. She had properly changed her clothes. Alright. This bright red coat was Ayaka’s favourite. She thought that the red buttons were cute and a bit fashionable. While checking the clock hanging on the wall, she combed her hair quickly with a comb. Immediately finishing it, because her hair wasn’t that long. It’s okay. She’ll make it in time. Her feelings were racing, though, because it’d be down to the wire.

Ayaka: (…….I’ve got to get up much earlier, if I want to do the cooking)

Although, she was capable of changing her clothes by herself. She couldn’t cook, yet. It was a job left up to her Papa. Her Papa did most of the chores, basically, by himself. Granted there were days where a helper would come in occasionally to help, but at the end of the day, her Papa was the one who managed the huge Sajyou family estate, which had a reasonable number of rooms that couldn’t be entered. If it was on her Papa’s instructions, though then Ayaka could also help with the housework.

Ayaka: “Papa, should already be up by now.”

Her Papa who must’ve stayed up late again, last night. Although, he was surely the one preparing breakfast again this morning, Ayaka basically couldn’t help him with it. At the very least, she could help with setting the table. But, Ayaka had other stuff to do in the morning hours. An established daily routine. In other words――――her black magic training. Studying, and practice.

The air in the hallway, was much colder than the inside of her room. The breath which she exhaled was also white. While warming both hands with her breath, she started heading towards the bathroom. Placing the footstool that her Papa had made for her own use, she stood on top of it, washing her face with enough cold water that she couldn’t be bothered somewhat by the air. The fluffy characterised morning sensation was instantly fading away. Clearing her mind up, as the traces of sleep also went somewhere else.

Nodding, a “yeah”, she wiped her damp face with her own usable towel. Looking into the mirror, she was now thinking that she should’ve held her bangs back with a pin, having considerably soaked her bangs. To the version of herself beyond the mirror, she was making an apparently troubled face.

Ayaka: “Please don’t make strange faces, Ayaka.”

Nodding, yet another “yeah.’ She returned to the hallway. Just then, she finally noticed one thing.

Ayaka:
    “Huh?”

Is there some kind of a nice smell? Is it the breakfast from somewhere in the house, or in this neighbourhood? Although it wouldn’t be strange if it was the smell of bacon and eggs as it was a typical item on the Sajyou family’s daily morning menu, although she felt like the smell wafting in the air was similar to the smell of bacon, it was sort of more similar to the smell of another dish. But there’s no way she’d know it, because she hadn’t studied it, and she wasn’t allowed to cook. While thinking in a corner of her mind, “What is it?”, she proceeded straight through the corridor. Walking towards the other end of the hallway, she turned. Ayaka was turning towards Garden. Having exited the washroom, she opened a door that was past where she had walked much earlier through the hallway, and went outside. Opening the glass door at the other end, she proceeded further into the passageway.

Finally, arriving. Even if she were to say to a classmate that her house was big, was it because she had lived in this house for too long, but although there were many times where she hadn’t come with such liveliness, she felt it was so whenever she came to Garden like this. Or, did she mean that it’s big, or spacious? But, she didn’t hate it. Even if she felt that it was a long, distance to walk. Even if she felt the weight of her motivation towards her daily routine. She didn’t hate them in itself, because she could come here.

――――It wasn’t a garden, or even a park.
    ――――Garden.

Lush green trees. Flowers. Dozens of a variety of plants. Additionally, there were also several pigeons. Gathering at her feet, several of them flew straight at her, recognising Ayaka’s appearance. Since she felt that calling it a garden was too grandiose, and felt that many of the plants could be called house plants, Ayaka thought that calling it Garden suited it, after all. Although she had always asked, “Why is it called Garden?” since way back when, but her Papa hadn’t particularly given her an answer. He just vaguely nodded with approval. So, Ayaka decided to wilfully think like this. If, it wasn’t her Papa who named this place “Garden.” Then, surely, her Mum had named it. If she could accurately classify it, then it was definitely, a Greenhouse.

Even now, the glass ceilings and walls was taking in a lot of the morning sunlight. Whether it was because it was a precious countermeasure against acid rain, or her Papa was incredible, although her school teacher had said so when she came over for a home visit, she didn’t know whether it was really a reason like that. In the first place, whether it was really her Papa who somehow created Garden.

Ayaka:
    “Good Morning.”

Not, morning, but good morning. Making sure not to notice the pigeons that were cuddling up to her, she greeted her private place which had been built out of wood, and didn’t have walls made out of glass. Nearby was a mountain of books and medicine bottles that were better off not bathing in sunlight. It was a place that was like her dad’s study, a place that was sort of a morning study spot for Ayaka.
    Although――――

Ayaka: “Huh?”

She tilted her head. Her Papa should be here, at this time, like always. From 6:30 am to 7:30 am, for one hour before breakfast, she’d study black magic from her Papa. It was Ayaka’s daily routine. And yet, no one was there.

Ayaka: “Papa.”

He might’ve been somewhere in the Garden, only there was no one there. Gently, she tried to call out to him. She tried to wait for one second, two seconds. Even so, there was no reply. Only some pigeons warbling at her feet instead.

Ayaka: “Not you guys……”

Trying to think about it. Was today a day, where her Papa couldn’t see to her black magic studies? Although it didn’t change what she had to do, she had to do it even so. Her training which was her daily routine, basically didn’t exist on mornings where it is was okay to do nothing, and they had even been on her Papa’s orders at the same time. At least there’s no reason for her to get upset with him for having forgotten to tell her beforehand. Therefore, he might’ve said something about it this morning, or last night perhaps.

Now that she mentioned it――――

Part 2 - B:
    Spoiler:

Ayaka: “Something…….”

――――From here on out.

Ayaka: “…….is, beginning.”

――――It’s beginning.

Ayaka: “And because of that……”

We have to participate in it.

Ayaka: “Ummm……..”

――――It’s the Sajyou family’s dearest wish.
    ――――No, it’s necessary in order to achieve the great ambition for us, Magi..

???: “I’ve said it before; don’t call out to the pigeons. Ayaka.”

A voice that she had gotten used to hearing. Immediately, she turned around in the direction of the voice. Immediately close to the glass doors at Garden’s entryway, was the tall figure, of her Papa. Due to the sparkling sunlight, and having shadows cast over her face, looking up Ayaka couldn’t tell his expression.

Ayaka: “Papa.”
    Hiroki: “Don’t call out to the sacrifices. Don’t speak to them. We must never sympathise with the sacrifices. Sympathy makes black mages waver and leads them into doubt and hesitation. I shouldn’t have to countlessly instruct you on this.”
    Ayaka: “…..Yes.”

Ayaka nodded while bowing her head. As one would expect, she remembered him telling her this on several occasions. Even though she was trying to not be aware of them, she had called out to the pigeons at her feet, just then. The pigeons who were even now becoming emotionally attached to her like this. It had only been several of them when she had entered the Garden, but, already close to 10 of them were gathering.

Hiroki: “Humans and pigeons cannot exchange words, so don’t mix with them. Originally they weren’t creatures who could gain sympathy, but I’m sure you who are young can probably feel it for them even now.”
    Ayaka: “……….”
    Hiroki: “This is for your own sake. Ayaka”

He had told her this on numerous occasions. He told her, and yet, he would tell her every morning. Ayaka herself, was thinking that she wanted to live up to her dad’s expectations. However, they kept getting attached to her like this, no matter what she did―――――Additionally, since she could only obey the instructions that her Papa gave her, it was a fact that she was also feeling opposed to this.

Hiroki: “You cannot separate Sacrifice and Back Magic. The pain of the sacrifices is a source of the power for the Black Arts.”

She had also heard this several times now. She had heard it every morning. Nonetheless forgetful Ayaka, still wouldn’t forget it.

Ayaka: “I’ll do, my best.”

Mumbling a little.
    Although it was unreasonable, for her to raise her downward head. At the edge of her still downed gaze, were the figures of the white pigeons who were pecking at the tips of her sandals.

Hiroki: “Well. I don’t mind this morning. You can go to the dining room now.”
    Ayaka: “Eh?”

――――Eh?

She didn’t know what to say. In spite of never being allowed to leave Garden until meal time, every morning. Ayaka finally raised her face. Her Papa wasn’t facing her. His gaze was more towards her Mum’s room. Where was he looking, in that moment, she didn’t know. If he was looking in that direction, then perhaps, the dining room―――――

Hiroki: “It’s breakfast. You can keep Manaka company, this morning.”

Together they returned to the hallway, from which she came from by herself. Ayaka couldn’t ask, “Why?” Since her Papa’s orders were absolute, she just nodded and said “Okay.” She wasn’t concerned with him scolding her that her response should be “Yes.” The question of, “why,” which she just couldn’t ask, spread throughout Ayaka’s head becoming a huge whirlpool which went around and around.

Ayaka: “………..”

Staring, she was looking up fixatedly at her Papa’s back, who was walking a bit ahead of her. Will she be able to say “What do you mean?” Is she still unable to say it? Her impression of her Papa, was one of a person, who didn’t talk very much except when it concerned magic. For example, he wouldn’t answer even if she was asking about her Mum. Or, even about the origins of Garden as well. At such times, he could just vaguely nod, as expected.
    And yet――――

Hiroki: “It’s Manaka…...”

Her Papa strangely opened his mouth. Without looking over at her.

Hiroki: “About breakfast. Sorry, but can you please keep her company.”
    Ayaka: “Big Sister?”
    Hiroki: “She’ll probably prefer you, over me.”
    Ayaka: “Huh?”

Not really understanding the implication, of what her Papa was saying. Ayaka tilted her head. Breakfast time was always with her Papa and older sister, and Ayaka’s family spent it with the 3 of them together, so, it wasn’t strange for him to say that her big sister was in the dining room. However, thinking that time was passing by too quickly. Perhaps, it’s still immediately past 6:30 am.

Ayaka: “Is Big Sis, hungry?”

As she said it, Ayaka thought that something was off.
    Her big sister――――
    Her older sister who was 6 years older than Ayaka, Manaka Sajyou. Her big sister’s existence, was special to Ayaka. She couldn’t think to say to her big sister something like “You’re an ordinary child,” or “I want breakfast to hurry up.” She won’t say it. She even held a belief in her heart, that she would never say it. That’s why, she didn’t understand the implication of her Papa’s words.

Hiroki: “It seems she wants you to cook.”
    Ayaka: “Cook?”

On countless occasions, she had seen her big sister cooking. However, it can’t be said, that she only proceeded to do so by herself, whenever her Papa just couldn’t take the time to do it, being too busy. Although, her Papa’s way of speaking now, appeared to be saying, that her big sister had desired this for herself, and that she had told him that she willingly wanted to do this.

Ayaka: “Big Sister said that?”
    Hiroki: “That’s right.”
    Ayaka: “I see.”

Ayaka nodded, meekly. Although she thought it was strange and wondering why that was, surely, it was because her big sister had said so. So naturally she thought, now I can show her that can cook perfectly.
    After all――――

Part 2 - C:
    Spoiler:

After all, Big Sis is such an amazing person.
    She’s pretty and smart, and oh yeah cute, a person who can do anything.

Manaka: “Ayaka, will you take the plates? And the toast too?”
    Ayaka: “Yes. Big sister.”
    Manaka: “Ah, not that one. Since it’s for the sunny side up fried eggs and bacon, I prefer the smaller ones. See, you must separate them beforehand. All that’s left is, ah, cut the toast thinly not thickly.”
    Ayaka: “Ah, o, okay―――――”

See, even now she’s like this. Prompt, even in the kitchen. But, she’s very graceful. Although there were countless times where my big sister had stood in the kitchen instead of dad, it’s feels different now, I feel like she’s preparing it because she needs to.

Efficiently, skilfully.

In this way, like now――――it didn’t feel like she’s prompt like a cook, and it didn’t even feel like she was becoming as beautiful as “Mum” was, which had come out in conversation. It’s completely different from that time before. Although that time was also amazing, what is it I wonder? Even words that had the same ‘amazing’, what did I mean by that……... Her disposition? I think that those kind of things are different.

See, there are a number of items on the menu. I could tell that its different just by looking at it. That time before, we had milk, salad, and bacon and eggs on toast. But now, there was bacon and eggs on toast, salad, milk, kidney pie, cut codfish and fried potatoes, cheese and ham, porridge and scones, black tea, and then, there were plums and sliced peaches for dessert. There’s so much of it, that even I couldn’t eat it all!

Quickly doing this and that, Big Sis was making it all so accurately. Even her white fingertips which were holding a kitchen knife, seemed to be making me sigh just by looking at her. Even though, we only have, a 6-year difference between us. Why was she so, this person why was she so beautiful? Although I’m also a cute girl in elementary school, we’re too different, Big Sis is―――――

Manaka: “Thank you, Ayaka. Fufu, why’s your mouth so wide open?”
    Ayaka: “Uhhh……..”

For some reason I can’t say, that it’s because Big Sis is so pretty.

Manaka: “I see?”

My pretty, big sister Manaka. The kitchen is like a part of a wide palace ballroom, and Big Sis is like a princess dancing around and around in there. Cooking lots, and lots of food, she seems happy somehow. She seems to be enjoying herself. Although I don’t remember my mum’s face, surely, I think that’s what my mum may’ve been like when she was alive. In the light of the sun flowing through the window, she’s sparkling.
    Big Sis, is truly pretty. Although it’s been like this up till now, what happened to her? This morning in particular. She’s pretty, and radiant.

Manaka: “It’s written in a book that British people, like codfish.”

However, British people aren’t confined to it either―――――As she said that, Big Sis, smiled softly while basked in the morning sun. Like I thought, she’s pretty. Her smiling face is cuter than a princess doll or one from any kind of picture book, and she’s pretty above all else. Looking at Big Sis’s apparently happy face like this, I wonder when did it happen?

A person who can do anything. My Big Sister. She’s truly, different from me who can’t even do studying, black magic, anything I make, arithmetic drills, black magic training, or this and that all that well. She can do anything. Or it seems, to be anything. Even pigeons. Even cats. She wouldn’t stand petrified at them, like me. Big Sis who can do anything, perhaps by saying “I’m happy since you made it for me” or “Try and have fun,” she thinks that I’m worthless. But it’s like she’s different. See, Big Sis, seems to be having so much fun. She’s smiling.

Pretty――――

Manaka: “Here. Have a taste, Ayaka?”
    Ayaka: “O, okay. Is it okay with you?”
    Manaka: “It’s fine. Look, go ahh.”

Opening my lips as she’s still saying it, I bit into, the piece of fried fish that she was holding out to me in her slender white fingers, ah ump.
    I don’t like fatty foods too much, but still…….

Manaka: “How is it?”
    Ayaka: “Delicious………”

It’s truly, delicious.
    Fatty foods, although I don’t really like them. It was crunchy, and fluffy, and it didn’t feel greasy at all. It’s so good!

Manaka: “Okay, it’s looks like the good luck charm in the sour cream was effective. Okay, if Ayaka is okay with it♪”
    Ayaka: “Good luck charm?”
    Manaka: “To make my cooking delicious, a secret good luck charm. It’s more amazing than magic.”

At the table, Daddy who was drinking coffee started to choke, and cough as he’d heard it. Before Big Sis and I could start yelling, Daddy muttered “it’s nothing.” Maybe, I think Daddy was shocked. By Big Sis’s words. Magic? A good luck charm? Even I can remember that. After all, the thing that people call magic, is real.

Our――――

Ayaka: “Umm, The thing more amazing than magic, umm…….”
    Manaka: “Whaat?”
    Ayaka: “Daddy, said it. He said there was only one thing, more amazing than magic.”
    Manaka: “That’s right. That’s why, I used it.”

Big Sis. Despite sounding so natural, I wonder what you’re talking about. It was a face like that. Dazzling, while basking in the morning radiance. A voice that could be heard from lips that were the same colour as the cherry blossom petals.
    It’s as if, it’s truly, like―――――

Manaka: “The magic of love, see!”

Real magic. I, despite not knowing what kind of thing it is, think that it’s true.

Ayaka: “Love?”
    Manaka: “Fufu. Ayaka, I wonder if you don’t know about it yet. It’s called the magic of love, of course.”

As she said it――――Big Sis looked and whispered something to me.
    It’s as if, she was addressing someone behind me.

Manaka: “It’s more amazing, than any kind of mystery that a Magus uses.”
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; May 12th, 2018 at 09:24 AM.

you're the best

Thanks so much for this, Phoenix.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Although I’m also a cute girl
    wow, I didn't know ayaka was so self-centered

And thanks Phoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

And thanks Phoenix.
    She's, like, six years old. Cut her some slack.

Also I can excuse the Manaka gushing here, given that it's a small child who admires her older sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

god i cant wait to read more, manaka seems like she has so much potential (ive tried avoiding spoilers so i can fully read this)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    She knows her role as a shoujo heroine.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Well, this does explain her behavior from the Fox Tail special...
    canon finish apo vol 3

Hi guys,

Here is Part One of Act 2 of the Little Lady Arc. Part 2 will be up later today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments - Arc 1: Little Lady Arc
    Part 1 of 2 of Act 2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part 1 - A:
    Spoiler:

The person reflected in the girl’s eyes is――――
    Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments - Arc 1: Little Lady Arc
    Act 2
    Manaka: “Here you go, Bon Appetite.”

The girl said, with her back to the radiance that was morning incarnate. Standing by the east window, while showing off a table which had various dishes arranged on it, in a voice that was more lovelier than the songbird who was even now chirping outside the residence. Which was in some respects, even accompanied by her shy gestures.

Was a pretty girl.

With soft hair that was visibly transparent. And pale, translucent coloured eyes. She looked really pretty in her green dress. A single, radiant flower in full bloom――――That’s right, he was describing the girl’s figure in his mind. For example, if he was an elegant knight who was accustomed to handling ladies, then he would improvise, by extoling the girl’s beauty while he was still on the verge of giving praise, during the one time where he could offer his gratitude for the many dishes that were served to him. However, if anything, he wasn’t experienced with the ladies.

Thus, he was just, gazing at the girl.

Saber: “Thank you.”

He briefly told her. Loading his feelings of gratitude in it.

Manaka: “Umm, well….”

Despite showing some shy behavior, the girl was wearing a smile.

Manaka: “Since I don’t know your tastes, I, ended up trying to make whatever came to my mind. Although I might’ve made a bit too much of it.”
    Saber: “No. I appreciate your gratitude.”
    Manaka: “You don’t have to push yourself, just eat what you’d like……”

A voice which was shyly telling. That is, it was suddenly, becoming smaller.
    It was about the moment when the girl’s incomprehensible gaze, quickly shifted from his figure to the table.

Manaka: “If you eat it for me…...”

A cheerfulness that was said to make all good fairies who were dancing and basking in the sun perspire. A large brilliantly blooming flower, which was wet with the morning dew. Each of their radiances, were darkening. The fairies hide, and the blooming flower closes over rewinding back in time.

Her eyes were shaking. The girl’s expression sank.

Saber: “Well then……...”

With all due respect―――――

In front of the mountain of dishes which had been arranged on the table, he could now, see himself finally coming back to his senses. Certainly, there was probably too much of it for say a normal person’s meal’s worth. Egg dishes. Bacon and Eggs, Scrambled Eggs, Poached Eggs. Each of them, were roughly enough for six people!? Incidentally, the poached eggs were accompanied by toast. This was also for six people. Salad. Good-looking with green as its basic theme, it was also enough for six people.

Meat dishes. As for the sausages which were grilled together with the thick white mushrooms, this was also for six people. Furthermore, there was one whole Kidney Pie, which had been made using mushrooms with meat and cow intestines as its ingredients. Perhaps, it had just been baked. She had just said to him, that after she’d cut it into 6 equal pieces, she’d give him the very first piece.”

The milk porridge was also for six people. An item which had cod fillet and potatoes deep fried in oil in it, was also in the pile. Dessert which was plums served with sliced peaches, were also fitting in its own way. As for the cream and scones which had been laid out for after the meal, a considerable amount of it was placed on a cake stand. On the whole, they were dishes that were unfamiliar to him. Separately, they were just items which had names which had been taught to him by the girl and images attached to them.

Saber: “It’s not a problem if it’s this amount.”
    Manaka: “But――――”
    Saber: “A meal serves as a knight’s vitality for when he’s appears on the battlefield. Though there is a lot of them, it is not something that will trouble me.”

Saying that, he smiled. Although it was a facial expression that he had made in order to relieve the girl, in reality, if it was this amount then it was not an impossible argument. There was a certain truth in the matter that he had expressed in words.

Now that they were facing the battlefield, a knight needed a lot of vitality. Meat, potatoes, and alcohol, it’s not like, there was an inherent belief that those knights who established their courage had to consume just that. Of course, there are limits to every exception. All of the knights who gathered at the Round Table which arose in his mind wouldn’t confine themselves to nodding at these words. In any case.

At least, he could say this without being at a loss with himself.

Saber: “It’s not a lie.”

He was betting his sword and pride on it. He will never, let himself tell a lie.

Saber: “A person with your given conduct will obtain it all. Manaka”

Manaka Sajyou―――――
    That was the girl’s name.

After a little while, breakfast began. He carried the food to his mouth as words, and when almost half of the food had disappeared, the girl finally regained her original cheerfulness. Every time he told her words “It’s good.,” the girl would become cheerful right before his eyes. The presence of fairies and flowers returns. And naturally, a smile appeared on their mouths.

On the girl, as well as himself.

Manaka: “And then.”

The girl told him, with a huge smile on her face. If flowers could speak our language, then it’d probably be a sound like this. It was a sound worthy enough for him to think so. If only, his daughters who were living in that distant Avalon[1], could sing like this.

Manaka: “See the sour creamed deep fried fish, I have confidence in that. After all, very picky Ayaka told me, that this fried food, was delicious. So this must be the one, right?”
    Saber: “Yes, it has a particularly magnificent flavour.”
    Manaka: “Fufu, if you like it that much then I’m happy.”

The girl closes her eyes seemingly completely happy.

Manaka: “You see this morning, nowadays, um well, to be precise I tried making an English styled breakfast from the 19th to 20th century. So, I guess what I’m wondering is if the flavour is close to your homeland’s.”
    Saber: “Yes, it’s delicious.”
    Manaka: “Really?”
    Saber: “Yeah”
    Manaka: “Really, truly?”
    Saber: “Yes, My Lady[2]. Your cooking is extremely delicious.”

Repeating his words. The girl, then deepened her smile even more.

Manaka: “I’m so glad ――――”

Tilting her head, her hair was swaying. He too, was smiling a bit in response. Depressingly speaking though―――――regarding the word, “England,” he didn’t feel like it was something that he could get used to. However, the girl’s feelings were being conveyed to him.

That was enough. As a matter of fact, it was a delicious meal.

The dishes known to him were of reasonable labour; so they probably varied in their steps. Perhaps, they had a cultural decline over the long months and years, and may’ve also combined them with ones from foreign countries. He could feel this type of time difference, in the food that he carried to his mouth. It was like he was yearning for something in there, but even so, he was grateful for the consideration.

The girl didn’t know, what he desired, what he was feeling, what he thought about all of this, or the truth. But, he was accepting of the pure being. Without expressing, even the slightest bit of nervousness about facing the battles, he just, returned a smile towards the girl, who was talking while wearing an innocent expression that suited a girl her age.

And then――――

Manaka: “Hey, Saber…”
    Saber: “Yes, what is it?”

Renewed, she called out his name. So Saber, looked at the girl.

Manaka: “I, this morning, there was one thing that I understood. Um well, yeah, I definitely, must’ve known it from the start, but….”

The girl nodded “a yeah.”

Manaka:
    “You know in essence it’s the same as cooking.”

Before he could ask “What is?” the words were reverberating. From her cherry blossom lips. Quietly, without changing her entire tone. In an extremely natural way. For example, in the same way as a cup whose contents were spilling out as it was being turned over.

Manaka: “――――The way we do things in the Holy Grail War.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [1] Avalon – Home of the Fairies

[2] Yes, My Lady: Yes, my master.

Part 1 - B:
    Spoiler:

The Holy Grail War is, in a way a conflict.

Even for people like me, this kind of conflict would never be a subject for discussion.
    Originally, the right path for a Magus is to offer their own life to being a constant student who can surpass their generation.
    Even if a conflict occurs between society and an individual who is in the process of protecting their family lineage and their research, it is normally impossible, to stop it from becoming a subject of conflict itself.

However, there is an exception.

The Holy Grail War.
    Actually it’s for a simple clear reason.

The number of wishes which the Holy Grail is able to grant is just one.
    Against, seven “Masters” ――――Magi who are participating in the Holy Grail War.

Six of them must be eliminated.

So prepare yourself, for this is the unavoidable basis of the conflict.

(An excerpt from an old notebook)

Part 1 - C:
    Spoiler:

Manaka: “I understood that cooking, as well as the Holy Grail War, is the same as anything else.”

The girl’s words continue. Cheerfully ――――While still maintaining the beauty of a large blooming flower, without 1% of overcast.

Manaka: “If it takes time, then it’s better to use your head so that it doesn’t take time. Although it takes time for stewed dishes to stew ‘blub, blub’ for a long time, wouldn’t it simply be over and done with if you used a pressure cooker? Or even an electric mixer, or even a microwave oven. I’m not an idiot.”

“Ping,” she raised her index finger. Her gesture, was quite like, a young child when they had realized something. No. It was probably so. Even to the young girl before his eyes, truly, she had just probably came up with a good thing. During that moment he could grasp it.

The girl’s innocence. The girl’s purity.

This morning’s cooking, and the Holy Grail War, to her they were roughly the same. Was it, the all-around feeling of her youthfulness which comes from her inadequate experience, or a manifestation of her innocence which wasn’t able to grasp the rigorous conflict called the Holy Grail War? Or, did her overwhelming natural gift made him say such a thing? It’s probably, the latter. After all she had been chosen as a Master at such a young age.

Manaka: “Besides, either way it’s the preparations, right? I think what’s also important, is that we make those preparations in advance for the sake of our goal.”

She continued her speech. While receiving his gaze.

Manaka: “Since we don’t know how powerful the other Servants are, I guess, it’ll be more efficient to target the Masters first. Speaking further, rather than targeting the Masters themselves, if that person has a weak point who is inferior in power, then it’s much more efficient to target it.”

Continuing her speech. A weak point――――if it’s a typical Magus, then it’s their family lineage itself. Their family. Their children.

Manaka: “So, should we abduct their children? Or, kill them?”

Until the girl had told him this, he had kept his silence. Now, he had no choice but to open his lips. However, it wasn’t to offer his tactical / strategic opinions to the Magi who was his Master. It’s just――――

Saber: “Manaka.”

He couldn’t bear it any longer. For the girl, to acclimate to that without any pretension whatsoever.

For the Holy Grail War…… For the sake of killing each other…….

In order to completely kill all six Servants and Masters, he had already thought that they weren’t planning on choosing the means. That is, a matter of course for Magi who are trying to survive the Holy Grail War. Regardless of how it is glossed over, for the ones carrying it out it is nothing but a conflict where they wager their lives. For the sake of their wishes, the Magi as well as the Heroic Spirits, will probably devote their all in seeking victory.

But, even so ――――

Saber:
    “Courage is needed, to challenge someone to a fight.”

Rising from his chair, standing by a window that was slightly separated from the table, he spun his words. It was not, his intention to preach about chivalry. It is, probably, not something that the girl of the distant Age of Reason could grasp herself.

Saber:
    “Perhaps, you’ve gotten it already.”

He also couldn’t make any forced words. Why, because his master, was none other than this girl.

Saber: “But, I cannot allow someone unrelated to it to get wrapped up in this. These are young people, all the more so if they are people who lack power.”

He said quietly to the innocence beneath his eyes. No doubt, it was as if he was giving detailed instructions to the young child. So that at least, this lovely girl, wouldn’t have to choose the path of a blood smeared killer. However――――

Manaka: “But it’s for you sake, Saber”

Her smile, was unwavering. Even now it was thwarting his intentions to deliver his remonstrating words to her, for in there was an unchanging smile, that was not so greatly different than flowers which were wet with the morning dew, swaying in the gentle cool breeze. Her shining eyes, were staring straight back at him.

Saber: “My…….”
    Manaka: “That’s right, you mustn’t get hurt. In a clash with your fellow Servants, you who are of the first rank, I believe won’t lose, but even so, if you get hurt whilst fighting, then I…...’

While saying it, the girl put a hand to her chest. The chest of her green dress. Her delicate fingertips, were gently, unfastening her buttons――――

Manaka: “I just couldn’t bear it. Besides……”

Exposing the chest area of her dress. Her skin which was as white as snow, and the black pattern that was tattooed there became exposed. The Seraphim, a Master’s Degree of seven single feathers.

Manaka: “This, I don’t want to use this on you. Ever.”

Brief words. He could barely sense, the meaning that was included in them.

Once it’s a battle where he is clashing all-out with his fellow Servants, naturally, he couldn’t deny, that a situation could arrive where he’d be compelled to use the enormous prana that was charged into the Master’s Degree. So the girl was avoiding it?

The girl finally changes her expression, to he who was asking her―――― “Why?” with his gaze.

――――Her cheeks, while slightly dyed red, seemed sad.
    ――――Like a lady, who was confessing, her love.

Manaka: “Because, this binds me to you.”

――――I don’t want to reduce it down to one stroke.
    ――――Because for now, just this, definitely binds me to you.

Yes, the girl whispered――――
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; September 4th, 2021 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    However, if anything, he wasn’t experienced with the ladies.
    Pfft-

That aside, there was some interesting stuff here. Arthur mentioning his daughters (was that literal or just him being figurative?), Manaka and her gushing due to meeting her husbando (also hold on now, we just skip to her already summoning him?), and Arthur trying to preach to Manaka only to get shutdown. Admittedly, her cold and efficient plan was smart. Target the Masters, hit them where it hurts, go for the weakest opponents first. Very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Pfft-

That aside, there was some interesting stuff here. Arthur mentioning his daughters (was that literal or just him being figurative?), Manaka and her gushing due to meeting her husbando (also hold on now, we just skip to her already summoning him?), and Arthur trying to preach to Manaka only to get shutdown. Admittedly, her cold and efficient plan was smart. Target the Masters, hit them where it hurts, go for the weakest opponents first. Very smart.
    Actually, this act takes place like the morning after they summoned him. Sakurai does this the dis-jilted time leaping between her sections where some sections are set earlier than one scene or later after a certain scene, so you won't see the actual summoning scene until Arc 5, I think the second or the first act. I think it's meant to be a character focused novel.

Also, according to the Wikipedia and some other websites, Arthur may've had daughters. But, they appear more often in later legends, not the earlier ones.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; February 12th, 2017 at 09:49 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. I think it would take a lot of alteration and artistic license to make this anything readable in English. As of now, it's filled to the brim with unnecessary commas and stilted, repetitive sentences. I admire the effort Phoenix put into translating this mess, but as is, it's honestly just on the verge of unreadable.

Actually, this act takes place like the morning after they summoned him. Sakurai does this the dis-jilted time leaping between her sections where some sections are set earlier than one scene or later after a certain scene, so you won't see the actual summoning scene until Arc 5, I think the second or the first act. I think it's meant to be a character focused novel.

Also, according to the Wikipedia and some other websites, Arthur may've had daughters. But, they appear more often in later legends, not the earlier ones.
    Ah. I forgot about the chronology the novel uses.

Also I was just surprised by him outright mentioning his daughters, but eh.
    Last edited by Nobody; February 12th, 2017 at 10:03 PM.

nice! thank you once again

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Hmm. I think it would take a lot of alteration and artistic license to make this anything readable in English. As of now, it's filled to the brim with unnecessary commas and stilted, repetitive sentences. I admire the effort Phoenix put into translating this mess, but as is, it's honestly just on the verge of unreadable.
    Seems fine to me. Honestly just seems like you're exaggerating cause it's nowhere near as you're making it out to be.

Also I noticed that the translation quality itself improved, so thank you for that as well Phoenix.
    Last edited by Nobody; February 12th, 2017 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thank you for your compliment. I've fixed it up a bit, so that's it is more readable.
    However, unfortunately, I can't do much about it because it's just the writing style of it, most of the paragraphs are practically non-existent and are just separate sentences. There are also many instances where she just uses very short sentences and lots of commas, as you said.

@ Nobody
    Thank you for that. My earlier translations were such a mess. I pretty much had to double-check and read out loud everything to improve the translation quality, so that it made sense. I've also realised that I messed the perspectives in most of the sentences, so I fixed them as best as I could.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; February 12th, 2017 at 10:30 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    most of the author's paragraphs are non-existent and are just separate sentences.
    This isn't really Sakurai though, just light novels in general.

This isn't really Sakurai though, just light novels in general.
    Yeah, sorry about that. I've amended my comment.

I just noticed that Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Madan no Ou to Vanadis do the thing with the paragraphs too, although they do it slightly better and they have less commas too, so maybe it's the writing style.

Like Sakurai intended for Fragments to be similar to an ode or a ballad, which uses repetitive sentences too.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; February 12th, 2017 at 10:33 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Well Arthur, you tried.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I just noticed that Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Madan no Ou to Vanadis do the thing with the paragraphs too, although they do it slightly better and they have less commas too, so maybe it's the writing style. Like Sakurai intended for Fragments to be similar to an ode.
    Oh, you read Vanadis too?
    canon finish apo vol 3