View Poll Results: Beans?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beans.

20 68.97%
  • No Beans.

7 24.14%
  • I don't eat chili but I still wanna vote.

2 6.90%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Chili: Beans or no beans?

Blog Entries
    Way to ruin it for me Leo...

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    give idiots a chance

I'm trying Spin, I'm trying...

Mahou Shoujo Fushigi Tantei Obvious Sunara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Strife invites you to a dinner date, a home cooked meal made by her hands, and asks what you'd like to eat

What do you say
    Sushi or Chirashi. Or perhaps japanese curry.

#OwO#

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The answer is always beans.
    don't quote me on this

Strife invites you to a dinner date, a home cooked meal made by her hands, and asks what you'd like to eat

What do you say
    what if I say: her

Banned
    Beans are gross

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    what if I say: her
    That is uh, a sin, in the eyes of the Lord.

Blog Entries
    Wow thanks SeiKeo that sounds awesome! I'll bookmark this post for the future.
    Wew lad Big Papa Spinach, AKA Johnny Boy, AKA Whiskey Slim, AKA Beaver, AKA ほうれん草 here, and I just made this kickin' chili that sent me straight to Flavortown, and that's Flavortown with a capital F.

I knew right away from the step where I pulled out the whiskey this recipe was gonna put a skip in my step. It put another in when I followed the instructions to a T and like the marionette dancing in Leo's hands drank that third shot. Sadly, bone in ribs were up last night, so we had to make do with a cut that's by no means a loser, no means a settler, the top sirloin. A do-all, never-wrong choice if there ever was one. She's flexible and beautiful, not full of that precious marbling like in my preferred cut, the ribeye, but we don't need that for chili. We have other things to give this sweet girl her wings.

I also took the liberty of handcrushing my tomatoes and altering the pepper distribution. Six habanero, three serrano. Habanero has a very peculiar taste, she's almost smoky, but has a bit of a wang to her, and most importantly, she carries that sweet burn that sets your lips a tinglin'. The serrano are sort of like that "I'm you, but stronger" meme aimed @ the humble jalapeno. Which looked pitiful and sad at the grocery store so we skipped them.

For my ale I picked out a local choice, brewed right here in Music City Tennessee. A nice red ale with a peculiar and strong aroma to it. I gave her a test sip to make she was up to my brother from above SeiKeo and then put her to work. As soon as that top sirloin was swimming in that sweet swimming pool of tomatoes, booze, beautifully browned red onions and finely diced and seared chili peppers, I began the seasoning. Like any man worth his salt I season by sight, smell and taste. We don't measure nothin' in this house unless we're baking bread or cookies (which is why my pizza looks like it crawled out of Dr Frankenstein's oven). Shoo Billy, I gave that pool a good dousing of everything under the good Lord's kingdom. Now the recipe said don't put your face over the pot, but I couldn't resist. My eyes are still a bit tingly, but it was worth it. That floored me and I think I might have felt something throbbing in my chest.

Now things went off the rails well and truly when I looked my boy's baby over and realized I ain't got no paste. Now that's not no catastrophe and like any good ol' boy from down in the hills of Tennessee I could pull out of that predicament with some cornstarch to thicken up this bad boy, but I decided to pass on that. At this point I finished that sweet red ale from my humble city, and I swear I could hear an acoustic guitar and a sweet young lady singing on the streets of Music Row as it traveled down my throat.

I gave that bad girl a stir and pulled out my mushrooms. You know me, I love to treat my creations like my daughters, so I bought some baby bella mushrooms, and I gave them a good rinse and put them in about 15 minutes into simmering and left them to socialize with the rest of the girls.

Forty-five minutes later, she was ready. I counted the minutes, talking to the other ladies about our recipes and neighborhood gossip, and when the clock struck It's-been-an-hour o'clock I was in the kitchen ladling a pitch black bowl full of chili. She was a bit wet, just like I like 'em, and boy did that smell reach ya. I could hear my neighbors wiping their noses and blinking away the capsaicin as I gave that wet devil a humble helping of cheese (queso) and gave it a slight toss to help it get in there. I came back to my desk and gave her a bite and wew son, I tell ya. I wudn't no believer, and I still ain't no believer, but if I ever gotta impress the big G upstairs I might just give him a bowl of this chili.

It's some good stuff, goes down nice. The mushrooms add an extra layer of texture and surprisingly, a powerful flavor all their own, something beans never do really add to a chili. That SeiKeo boy has the right idea with that, and I may very well be adding mushrooms to all my chilis from now on, a thought that had never occurred to me until he said it.

Final verdict, I will cook this again.

wet, soupy, will add paste next time, but still good

But one final thing, this chili ain't got no name. SeiKeo, what on earth is your malfunction?

Blog Entries
    Boy this here is called the Red Burnin Lyin Chili cause it like a Lyon, that Lyin on the spice but it kick you in the ass when you get that shottta whiskay and it red and who-HA it make your shits burn yessir
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Well shoo Billy I guess it does have a name huh? I'll remember that when I serve it up to my sons and daughters 10 years from now.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    i feel like i just became southern
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Now you're a real Republican.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    i want to make chili now
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Do it, you won't.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just had chilli again today, no beans but slices of potato instead.

Eh, it was so-so.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    I made leo's chili as well

ended up pretty good

かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    aww yis
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    So I've also mad a Leo's chili, it was very nice
    But I overestimated local grocery stores, couldn't find any chili peppers besides cayenne, so I went with a mix of it and bell peppers
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Sad no peppers, it would be even better then, but glad it worked out!

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Yeah thanks for the recipe!
    The closest thing I found were marinated jalapenos, but I felt like they weren't the right thing to use
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE