Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sakura Revolution - Sakura Taisen mobage (SEGA and DelightWorks collaboration work)

Sakura Revolution - Sakura Taisen mobage (SEGA and DelightWorks collaboration work)

https://sakura-kakumei.sega.jp/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpj...83KleABkIMz6gQ

Release date: 15th Dec, 2020

Gameplay trailer:

One episode anime to celebrate the game announcement:

[B.L.A.C.K]'s Music Video:
    Last edited by manafusion; November 29th, 2020 at 08:34 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Interesting. Might gonna try it
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Kek
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't try to stop me Smee...

In all seriousness, mobage gameplay aside it does look kinda interesting. I'll keep an eye on it at least.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Sakura wars setting works pretty well with the shit out a million characters mindset of gacha games, since you can just make up a lot of different combat revues for different countries,

if it gets anime adaption ill watch it but im not gonna touch another delightworks crud, just forcing myself to play FGO is already incredibly taxing.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Oh why are you forcing yourself. Just log in daily and play something else
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

New (extended) gameplay trailer... well, old since it's released about two weeks ago.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

PSO2 got a collab with Sakura Revolution like 2-3 weeks ago.
    Full with the opening song on the lobby too!
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; November 4th, 2020 at 06:47 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    If I ever get a hardon for mecha again, I might as well reinstall Iron Saga instead.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    If I ever get a hardon for mecha again, I might as well reinstall Iron Saga instead.
    It's not mecha. It's mecha musume-esque.

Huh, Fubuki and Marine to be VAs for the game if they hit 300k pre-registers.

Game has hit 300k pre-reg. Fubuki and Marine are gonna be VAs now!

Release date confirmed. December 15th. Mark your calenders, interested people.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, their Twitter has some NP Ougi animation attacks if you wanna see how they look.

Game's out and... it's region-locked. Not download region-locked. It's IP region-locked. You need to basically need to VPN or you can't play.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    -_- damn

really want to hear Fubuki and Marine's voice here
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I need someone to test. Today, I could log in without using VPN. Can someone start from scratch now without using VPN?

I read they removed the IP block.

But it seems the game is kinda flopping. Its not making much money and people are criticizing that its a lazy FGO reskin, that the characters arent roll worthy and the involvement of Vtubers. The game doesnt have old Sakura Wars characters and it reboots/reinvents the lore so old fans dont feel compelled to play.

People are also comparing the involvement of vtubers to the usual AKB48 member getting voice acting role, and complaining its a sad attempt at appealing to younger players with trends and fads not related to Sakura Wars. Puts Marine in a pretty awkward position since shes a genuine old school sakura wars fangirl but now some of that same fanbase shes part of is harboring ill will towards her.

good job delightworks, i guess.

The "harboring ill will" is stupid. People are doing jobs, harboring ill will for people doing their jobs is dumb. I get it, you don't want the game to try and survive by riding trends and fads. Sure. But aim that to the game company who came up with that idea, not the people doing the VAs. They're just doing their job. After all, VAs aren't internal staffs but sourced from outside.

Game-wise, it definitely is more FGO than not but there's enough of a change in combat to make it feel different since FGO's attack system is "Hit Hard (Buster), Hit Moderately Hard And Charge Super Hard-Hitting Attack Gauge (Arts) and Hit Weak But Potential To Hit Hard Next Turn (Quick)" whilst Sakura Kakumei's lane mechanic means that there's more things to juggle (not to mention damage for one type of unit 'class' is different for the two ranges it can hit in). So far, damage is all mostly equal but you're mostly juggling lane mechanics and crit mechanics tied to each action. Quick's Crit Stars is replace by Step-Back and Def boost whilst Buster is a forward attack with second strike on crit and there's no damage modifier outside of innate lane values, buffs, passive or Amulet (CE) effects specifically targeting either of the actions. Crit rates are (currently) governed by buffs and there's no other way around that. The rest definitely feels more FGO than not (no skill with an active attack, they're all buffs and debuffs and heals) but is it a bad thing? How'd they think a Sakura Wars game would turn out as a mobage anyway?

Not having old Sakura Wars characters is kinda expected because it's not a story that's set in that time period/timeline. As I can't moonrune and never played the old Sakura Wars games, it's something entirely foreign and I can't talk about it in good faith. Even then, does that mean they won't appear in this game in any form or another? I sincerely doubt that. Either way, it's a new game and new cast. It's like complaining that Sakura Wars 5 doesn't have the same cast as Sakura Wars 1 so quit. That's dumb, right? People need to think that it's a new setting so they need to accept it that way. It's how they can tell a new story without trying to shoe-horn every old cast in some 100 years after the Taisho era that the OG series takes place in. It's not called "Sakura Wars" after all but "Sakura Revolution". The name should've been a distinct indicator that it's not following the same design.
    Last edited by manafusion; December 26th, 2020 at 11:47 AM.

A real game and a phone gambling simulator have very different situations. The gacha scene is ridiculously oversaturated. A phone gambling simulator is very expensive (money and/or time wise) if you are playing it seriously, there aren’t enough wallets and time to keep all of them going, gacha games constantly crash and burn, sometimes even before launch! Thats why the key part of a phone gambler is aggressive appealing through fanservice, either ridiculous sex appeal or appealing to an existing fanbase of a franchise, creator, etc. Sakura Revolution has kinda failed to appeal to old sakura boomers with a complete overhaul of both setting and cast but hasn’t caught the eye of too many new players either. A lot of complaints among new people who tried it and lost interest is that the girls aren’t attractive enough, or downright ugly even. They tried to change from full mecha to mecha musume to make them more roll-worthy, but I guess it wasn’t enough. If you search the name of the game in Japanese on twitter, it will suggest “sakura kakumei sales ranking” (mostly posts making fun of how its performing in sales, and cursing delightworks) and “sakura kakumei ugly” (fucking lmao).

Then there’s also people who are super disappointed about it being gacha in the first place. Sega trademarked Sakura Taisen Kakumei and Sakura Taisen BLACK, so while Sakura Wars 5 had somewhat mixed reception I believe, people were still like “its fine, we’ll still get more”. But then they revealed that kakumei and BLACK are both for this same gacha game. A proper Sakura Wars console game with an all new cast is more likely to be forgiven for not having the old cast, since it can still be a fun game, but gacha games are simply not much fun and mainly ride on fanservice, collecting urge and gambling addiction aspects. Oh, and some old characters and locations *DO* appear in Sakura Wars 5.

It’s still a new game, maybe they’ll manage to make it blow up with some bonuses or marketing or including old characters, its not like this would be the first gacha game to recover after a shit start. But as of now its plummeting lower in sales rankings every day. Ratings-wise its got 2/5 on apple store.