Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Vol. 4 + 5 (no spoilers)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finally decided to read this with the anime breathing down my neck. I've got a new appreciation for Sieg now. His innocence is extremely likable. He's like a puppy. A puppy that occasionally turns into Siegfried, but a puppy. Also as usual he has great chemistry with Astolfo; that kabedon comforting near the end was beautiful. Catalanta going rabid was pretty sad, but I'm excited to see it in the anime. Laeticia telling Sieg he has value on his own was sweet, and I really liked that. Jeanne annihilating herself by barging in on Astolfo was hilarious, and Mordred and Kairi really do make such a great duo. Man, seeing all of this animated will be great! Thanks, EDreamer! I'm glad I was able to read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

With the anime caught up, I finally took the the time to read this volume.

I hadn't realized before I did how much I had missed this. This insult of an anime adaptation and the lack of progress of the LN's TL (in proper order) in the last three years had almost robbed me of my passion for Apo. But reading this rekindled it.
    So once again, thank you for your work, EDreamer.
    FGO accounts, MP for FCs; updated: 21/05/2017

[QUOTE = Sarn; 2753159]. Когда аниме догнал, я, наконец, занял время, чтобы прочитать этот том.

Я не понял, прежде чем сделать то, что я пропустил. Это оскорбление адаптации аниме и отсутствие прогресса TL (в правильном порядке) LN за последние три года почти лишили меня моей страсти к Апо. Но чтение этого возродило его.
    Так что еще раз, спасибо за вашу работу, EDreamer. [/ QUOTE]
    The creators of the anime does not need to exactly follow the novel, but it is not always correct.
    As for the Tome now?

Blog Entries
    Nice google translate.

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    This insult of an anime adaptation
    I think you're a bit harsh there. What's making you hate it so much?
    You never know when those things come in handy...

Spoiler:

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tbf the further we got the more flaws the adaptation is showing
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Canon told me to do this at gunpoint
    Ok, just joking, he said it's ok for me to try my hands on this. Coincidentally the same day with Apo collab announcement.
    Im definitely not as good as Canon or Edreamer tho, so as usual BMCMIIW.

Volume 5 Prologue
    —When all is said and done, there isn't any
    reason
    meaning
    of being born.

— There isn't any
    meaning
    reason
    for death either.

—Even that distance is without meaning when compared to the world.

—To those who desire the world, is it not the most trivial of choice?

It was quite different compared to the period when he was born. And yet, when he was made aware of her story, he had definitely felt remorse and sympathy.

He had heard their grief. The grief of the people who had believed in God. He had succumbed to the thoughts of being unable to do anything, of being cornered, and made the wrong choice.

Such grave sin. Such foolishness.

What he had wished for was not victory. No matter how much he was filled with suffering and despair, his action should be the proof of the nobility of my choice.

Thus. The ones that must die are not the shogunate, but Amakusa Shirou Tokisada himself.

Now then. Is there any meaning in their choice?

Are their life, their existence, and their death something that should be discarded for good?

…No. That is wrong. That is definitely wrong. Then, what should he do to prove it?

Would it be acceptable to simply put a target for his hate?

Were he to detest and bring ruin the shogunate, the very reason for which the people take up arms; or those who had approve of it; or perhaps even himself… would they be saved?

No. They wouldn't. They had simply wished for a peaceful world. For there to be no reason to load their guns. To pick up arms. To hurt others.

But if they don't do that, then the only thing left is for them to be cornered and driven to death.

He felt like it would be much better if he could just hate somebody. If he could just hate the people that had killed them, or the world, he would then die just like that, as a human.

But he understood.

Selfishness. Delusion. Arrogance. All the real nature(s) of humans one just cannot oppose—defeat is only natural. The way to victory is an unusual one.

He wanted to hate.

He had wanted to hate. If he could just have their head, he wonders how much intoxicated he would
    be in moments of pleasure—

However, he saw them every time he closed his eyes.
    The ordinary ones; the banal existences among them. Even among the summit rulers of Japan, the Tokugawa.

For him to hate them would be no different from hating those who had followed and believed in him—he understands that.

Still, there was hatred inside of him. It whispered to him, to give in to the natural violent emotion of a human.

Should he detest everything? Or should he lament everything instead?

…He had decided.

He would lament everything, and he would love everything. He would continue on believing in humans.

However, he had lost much in his struggle to reach here.

His regret had continued to pile up like a snow. Is there nothing that he could do?

Is there no way to heal the sorrow of the people?

—There is.

Indeed, it would definitely save the people. The one shortcut to arrive at the place that must be reached.

The crystallization of miracle.
    Located on the outside of the world, the superior ritual.

The
    Heaven's Feel
    Cup of Heaven
    . Known as the Third Magic itself, capable of "soul materialization".

In this world, the soul is the truly eternal existence. As blueprints stored in the astral plane, a different dimension from the material world, souls never truly meet their end.

However, every living thing will eventually equally meet their demise. And the soul is incapable of acting on its own on the material world.
    Whether it's an ethereal body or physical body, the soul is incapable of establishing its action and existence if it is not being linked to a form of existence.

And physical bodies will someday crumble. So will ethereal ones. As a result, the soul will degrade and decay.

Such contradiction. Such hopeless discrepancy. Such disparity is death, death which invites greed, and greed consequently begets evil.

The Third Magic is something that overturns that hopeless inconsistency, that too sorrowful of an inevitability.

Valued as all the good of the world, a beloved ideal world—.

The Greater Grail of Fuyuki; it was a tool of heresy created for the sake of reproducing the Third Magic.

However, the Einzbern's progress was slow. Seeing that they were unable to win the Holy Grail War, they were also unable to fulfill the Third Magic, even in eternity.

Cooperation was also not possible. They had continued on an isolated journey of their own for far too long.

If they wanted to fulfill the Third Magic, what they should do was not to select a magus.

A miracle dangling before his eyes.

A possibility to usher out the sorrow laid down upon the world of men, even just a little bit of it.

He wanted to save them.

Those who are evil, those who are good, those who should be loved, those who should be detested. Each and every one of them.

That was why he would mourn those who should have been hated. He would pour love to those who had killed those who should have been loved.

What he should distort was his own heart. He would hammer down his own ardent heart. He would forcibly restore his distorted heart.

A self-remodelling—for the sake of forgetting his hatred, of converting it.

Even though he was a saint, he had ended up losing his focus—ended up wanting to just slit their throat and then die himself.

He should have not forgotten. Even if he were to crush them to death to the best that he can, it'd be pointless.

Even though he hated them so much.

Even though he wanted to kill them so much.

Even so. Even so. …He swore to save them. Whether he loves them or detests them.

Which is why this is a desperate treason against himself.

Ahh—his hatred disappeared. What was left is only his state of being a human.

However, he left it behind. He sealed it. He turned his back on it. As he shedded tears of blood, Shirou betrayed Amakusa Shirou Tokisada.

To betray himself, and to overcome many sufferings. That is how the current Shirou is.

The inside of the Greater Grail. The Magic Circuit that acts as a visual and speech center—the place that administers the gears, the systems.

Different from its circumference, it was all pure white; in this central part, even if it is filled with prana, he could catch sight of the shining Circuit.

A line of prana was flowing freely all around. Einzbern's prided one and only Greater Grail, brought forth by means of a homunculus; it was truly beautiful even in the inside.

Perhaps this was where he should connect himself. Shirou estimated it and then he kneeled both his knees.

"My right arm devours evil; my left arm connects the heaven."

Both of his arms are the accumulation of the many miracles that Amakusa Shirou Tokisada had performed. It is no more than a combat auxiliary Noble Phantasm when used against enemy Servants. Because at any rate, his opponents would still be famed Heroic Spirits.

He should not have been able to win and advance in the Holy Grail War with that degree of miracle.

But then, what is this "miracle" that Amakusa Shirou Tokisada creates suppose to be to begin with? In the span of 60 years, Shirou had performed a self-analysis and phenomenon clarification. These two arms of his are capable of connecting to any and all magecraft foundation(s).

He can connect to alchemy if the land specializes in alchemy, he can connect to curse magic if the land specializes in curse; he is capable of connecting to the magic foundation engraved on the land unrelated to himself and invoke said
    miracle
    magecraft

That is to say—black magic, alchemy, Kabbalah, necromancy, evocation, and many more; if it exist(s) in this world, he can use any magecraft subconsciously. After analyzing his own Magic Circuit, in normal case he would set in a switch and successively alter the fixated organ of Magic Circuit in mere seconds; sometimes even increasing or decreasing the quantity of the Circuit.

Indeed, were Amakusa Shirou Tokisada to be just a magus—perhaps he would left his name in history as one who invents magecraft with that body of his. Or perhaps he would be "preserved" as a curious, unique variety.

However, Shirou is no magus. He is someone who lives for the sake of saving the world, for the sake of providing salvation to humanity.

The third Holy Grail War. The Greater Grail of "Fuyuki" that had been the reason he existed here and now. Following few informations to their origins, he had thoroughly investigated it and fathomed it. …And so, he had comprehended it.

If the Greater Grail of Fuyuki is but a vast network of Magic Circuit, then both of his arm, capable of continuous alteration, are capable of complete assimilation with the Greater Grail.

Not transplantation; assimilation. To join his own Magic Circuit with other's Magic Circuit. ….Easily put in words, yet it was a penance beyond the imagination of even any other fellow magus. Even if those from the Red faction are connected by blood, to join their Magic Circuit would be nothing short of madness.

However, the Magic Circuit of Amakusa Shirou Tokisada is an exception. No matter how much of a great magus the target is, or even a ghost liner, a Servant, his Magic Circuit would comply it, just like an ever changing skeleton key.

The consciousness of the
    Justicia
    Holy Woman of Winter
    is already no more.

She is now an enormous
    CPU
    electronic brain
    , no more than an administrator of the system.

And so, applying someone else's the will to it will not jumble it up. The moment a Servant is inserted inside, it will stay as pure force that had lost all manners of personality.

If there could be a small chance for it to happen, it would perhaps be possible only for a Heroic Spirit whose very existence itself establishes good and evil. ….That is, if such a being exists in this world to begin with.

However, Amakusa Shirou Tokisada was in fact here, without losing his personality.

He was here—and so was his will. The raging will like that of steel that would determine the direction of the unsettling force.

This would be the last battle.

Shirou breathed out without any meaning, then inserted both of his hands into the Greater Grail.

Leaving behind things such as success or failure, concentrating only on the phenomenon before him.

Now—answer my prayers.
    Last edited by castor212; March 26th, 2018 at 12:28 AM.

US Friend Code
    Am I hallucinating?

US Friend Code
    Thanks alot Castor, that was very interesting.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Am I hallucinating?
    Totally. You didnt actually read anything, its just a figment of halluconation.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Totally. You didnt actually read anything, its just a figment of halluconation.
    Well it's a hallucination I'm very thankful for

Oh hey.
    Nice.
    Thanks Castor.
    FGO accounts, MP for FCs; updated: 21/05/2017

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Einzbern's prouded one and only Greater Grail
    Prided

With that out of the way, thank you. Thank you very much, Castor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The anime really shit on this, Man. When they are not fighting are one the most memorable part for me, but the anime just skip all of that
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    The anime really shit on this, Man. When they are not fighting are one the most memorable part for me, but the anime just skip all of that
    If only skipping was the only thing the anime did bad.

Kind of dumb to say this but is this project dead? If so, is there anyone that could pick it up? sorry if the last part sounded rude

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    I'd say most likely it'll never see the light of day without a new party interested in translation. With the existence of the anime, it's probably fairly unlikely someone will pick up the novels. Canon hasn't posted any translations or any mention of continuing in years, so it can be assumed he has fully dropped it. I believe EDreamer has stated having no intentions of doing volume 5 as well.

Canon isn't going to do it, ED finished the parts that was his to do so he's not going to do it, and even though the anime changes a bunch of stuff and cuts a lot of stuff out, I don't think anyone else is going to pick this up either (unless they really just live to see everything TM-related translated), especially with how much "apo bad" gets parroted and even exaggerated for the sake of it. Not exactly the best conditions for someone to pick up a TL of several volumes of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    At least we have the manga, which is doing a much better job than the anime.

Blog Entries
    Volume 5, Act 1, page 19
    It had been several hours since Shirou Kotomine threw himself into the Greater Grail. The uncertain outcome of it had been driving Assassin of Red to irritation, one which without a doubt she would make use against the enemies.

Meanwhile, Caster of Red had finished the first stage of his writing, and was once again occupying the space underneath the Greater Grail, instinct flickering about. Everything was complete; the entirety of the play's cast members had gathered here, in this place. He expected a development to happen any time soon.

"…Ahh!"

And sure enough, the glow the Greater Grail is giving off began to grow brighter. The pale light pulsed brighter, dimmer, brighter, dimmer, again and again in a cycle. Like that of a heartbeat. His Master, Shirou, had instructed him as such beforehand; what was currently happening indicated that his invasion into the Greater Grail's system was happening.

Right now, there was still no change on Caster of Red and Assassin of Red's part; which means Shirou Kotomine still existed as an individual with the Greater Grail.

Next, he would begin to dominate the system, and see whether or not his wish would come true. Yes; even though he had invaded the system, he still did not know for sure. Worse comes to worse, his wish would stay unfulfilled with Shirou himself trapped within the Greater Grail.
    Last edited by castor212; August 15th, 2021 at 12:47 PM.