Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best and most important Bionicle storyline?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i remember on the last day of school one year we watched the first bioncle movie. I was so hyped, so lit
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    >Bohrok being Matoran

You know how Takua was the Toa of Light? Well, he wasn't a Ta-Matoran who changed elements to light; he was secretly an Av-Matoran, a Matoran of Light. He didn't know this because the Order of Mata Nui (the illuminati) wiped everyone's memories of them to protect them from the Makuta, which is why Takua somehow never fit in with the Ta-Matoran. They either reassigned them to other metru/villages or hid them off in Karda Nui, the core of the universe, where IIRC they had access to low level powers because of it being the core. Turns out that their main role was to transform into Bohrok, who were supposed to awaken when Mata Nui (being) was ready to rise so they could reduce the island of Mata Nui to a wasteland and the robot could wake up easier (lol the 2009 fucked up and showed the island as a lush place when it should've been dust what fakers).
    Wait... Did Takanuva turn into a Bohrok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I'm going to bed after this post, but I'll continue answering questions as they come and as I'm available (no homework tomorrow yay)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Matoro, I assume? And man, now I'm remembering the Mask of Light and the Toa Metru/Hordika movies. I'm salty all over again that the Mask of Light only got made out of four of the Great Discs instead of all six. And now I'm double salty about the awesome Toa before the Metrus, Novik and I-something and the rest who got turned into dwarves by Roodaka, fuck you Roodaka and your spider horde. So where did the Makutas come from? Were they protectors gone bad or something?
    Yeah, Matoro. RIP icy boi, you could bring dead animals back but not yourself.>4 discsIt was supposed to be all 6, I haven't rewatched LoMN in ages so I guess it did a shit job at portraying that.>Rahaga/Toa Hagah and RoodakaThey were pretty cool, I'm salty only Norik and Iruini got made into sets as Toa. Someone made pretty cool MoCs (my own creations) using Hero Factory and bootleg masks, though. It's pretty cool how they were guardians assigned to guard Terry and I'd have liked to see other Toa Hagah teams, especially the ones guarding Miserix. Roodaka was also the one responsible for turning Nidhiki (the green bug dude from movie 2) into a monster. To make matters worse, Nidhiki was hitting up this qt Dark Hunter called Lariska (no set exists of her and no design was ever canonized, but I think she's supposed to be green, she was also the one who tempted Nidhiki into giving in to his feelings and turning on the Toa Mangai) and then this bitch Roodaka comes in and mutates him right in front of her all for the sake of winning over The Shadowed One.>MakutaYeah, they were supposed to protecc but they decided to attacc after they saw the balls the Barraki had. I'll have to refresh the details, but Miserix and Teridax had a tussle and Miserix got turned into a painting while Terry got to rule the bad boyz club. I don't remember if they were evil (or at least openly evil) by the time of events like the Archives Massacre, but that incident severely damaged their public image. I think the Hagah found out about it early, which is why they got Rahaga'd.

Wait... Did Takanuva turn into a Bohrok?
    No, but he could have been one had he stayed in Karda Nui and not become a Toa.

I can expand on the Archives Massacre and whatnot tomorrow cause I'd have to verify the details to make sure I'm not talking out my ass and I have to get to bed. Night.
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; September 2nd, 2018 at 12:36 AM.
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Blog Entries
    witnessing self-insert definitely fucks robot daddy makuta fanfic was not a sign the internet was going to start off well for me, and I hate you both for remembering this now
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I forgot what line it is, but I remember having a set of Bionicle: red, dark green and brown with mantis blade, wolverine claws and ??? weapons respectively. They are quite small, on the size of a palm and can combine with each other to form three headed Bionicle.

However, I do remember they are low class lackey of my Leader Class Armada Optimus Prime, created by the scientist Mattel Batman who serve the kingdom of robots and kingdom of men. But Batman true allegiance is always toward the Bandai 'Good King' Gogeta, who is sleeping in the Poach Chamber for eternity after he sacrifice himself (his arm broken by my cousin) alongside the king of villains kingdom Hasbro 'Wild Force Shark' Blue Ranger (the same fucking cousin put a permanent marker on my ranger) to seal the Living Disaster Dr. Octopus (his tentacle melted). 10 year later (present day), after leaving the kingdom of men king-less, a civil war happened between SHF Son Gohan (the biological son of Gogeta) who carry the Power of Gogeta against his sworn wife and enemy Figma Saber who carry the Will of Gogeta and her army of 'Figma valkyries.'
    Last edited by Spartacus; September 2nd, 2018 at 02:02 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I actually have a book with the first few stories and games about the Toa Mata and their first fights. Honestly it was a fun read.

As a sidenote, wonder if anyone remembers Exo-Force?

All I remember about bionicle is really liking those ones that folded up into balls, as a kid I just thought that was the neatest fucking thing.

Alright, refreshing some details on the Makuta and expanding on that part of the lore:

Contrary to what I remembered, the Brotherhood of Makuta didn't have agents assigned to every part of the Matoran Universe until the Matoran Civil War, which is when Metru Nui essentially had a race war. Since Metru Nui is the Great Spirit Robot's brain, if the Matoran don't work, Mata Nui dies. It was around this point that a Toa team had to go to Voya Nui and get the Mask of Life, upon which a sacrifice was made to save Mata Nui as Matoro would much later. The leader of the Brotherhood at this point was Miserix, who sent Makuta all over the MU to restore order. Teridax was the Makuta of Metru Nui and he had to end the civil war, which he did by locking a large amount of Matoran combatants in the Archives and siccing the most dangerous exhibits on them, resulting in a lot of deaths. This ended the war and made Metru Nui fearful of the Makuta. Soon after, the League of Six Kingdoms (who would later be tossed into the Pit and mutated into the Barraki) attempted to take over the universe and failed, but Teridax was like hey I can do that. Miserix and five remained loyal to Mata Nui. The five nameless ones got dusted up and Miserix was to be executed by sad animu boi Krika, who disobeyed behind Terry's back and only imprisoned him (Miserix only got turned into a painting much later).

The Makuta at this point evolved into beings of pure energy (Antidermis), only weak to the powers of Toa of Iron and Magnetism due to their reliance on armor to contain their essence (which was now pure shadow after they killed their inner light. edgy shonen manga, amirite?) and they systematically killed all of them or kept them close by at arm's reach. The Toa Hagah assigned to Teridax found out about their dastardly deeds early, rebelled and got turned into Rahaga for their troubles. It wasn't until the events of movie 2 that Teridax's plane came into motion and he outed himself as the bad guy, the viruses he administered to Mata Nui kicked in and the Great Cataclysm happened. Mata Nui fell into a deep slumber. The Great Spirit Robot that had been flying through outer space gathering information on other civilizations to see what could be done about the Core War in Spherus Magna crashed onto Aqua Magna, the endless ocean that had once been part of Spherus Magna. Only the giant robot's face remained close to sea level and the island of Mata Nui was created over it as a cloaking mechanism. At this point, the Toa Mata were launched in their canisters from the Codrex, where they slept, to the surface outside the Great Spirit Robot. A glitch in the system shot them into the sea instead of land and they drifted aimlessly for 1,000 years (which is why they were in pieces when they arrived at the shores) before arriving to fulfill their duty.

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    witnessing self-insert definitely fucks robot daddy makuta fanfic was not a sign the internet was going to start off well for me, and I hate you both for remembering this now
    That's trauma-inducing, I'm so sorry. One of my earlier memories on the internet was seeing comedy skits acted out with Bionicle sets on YouTube. I know Dane Cook was one of them and there was a series in Spanish. They were all really bad and them not existing anymore is not something I mourn. There were also a ton of The Legend Reborn sparta remixes and youtube poops, since those were a thing at the time, and I doubt they exist anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I forgot what line it is, but I remember having a set of Bionicle: red, dark green and brown with mantis blade, wolverine claws and ??? weapons respectively. They are quite small, on the size of a palm and can combine with each other to form three headed Bionicle.

However, I do remember they are low class lackey of my Leader Class Armada Optimus Prime, created by the scientist Mattel Batman who serve the kingdom of robots and kingdom of men. But Batman true allegiance is always toward the Bandai 'Good King' Gogeta, who is sleeping in the Poach Chamber for eternity after he sacrifice himself (his arm broken by my cousin) alongside the king of villains kingdom Hasbro 'Wild Force Shark' Blue Ranger (the same fucking cousin put a permanent marker on my ranger) to seal the Living Disaster Dr. Octopus (his tentacle melted). 10 year later (present day), after leaving the kingdom of men king-less, a civil war happened between SHF Son Gohan (the biological son of Gogeta) who carry the Power of Gogeta against his sworn wife and enemy Figma Saber who carry the Will of Gogeta and her army of 'Figma valkyries.'
    Can't say I can think of who they are, the only mantis blades and wolverine claws I know of don't belong to characters of those colors, except for Ehlek. I collected Thomas the Tank Engine trains and Cars toys beforehand, so I had them do recon for the Toa who marched in and stopped the evil forces of Diesel and Makuta. Sometimes Bob the Builder joined the fray, but he was usually the cool guy in the back of the class who couldn't be bothered to join. Had I been into Type-Moon at the time and had FGO existed, I'd have gotten a Medea Lily plush and had her lead them into battle.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I actually have a book with the first few stories and games about the Toa Mata and their first fights. Honestly it was a fun read.

As a sidenote, wonder if anyone remembers Exo-Force?
    Exo-Force was before my time, but the designs were really cool. IIRC there were issues with plastic brittleness on the early system-based mechs. It'd be great if Lego made another anime inspired range, or if they just got the rights to Gundam.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Ice View Post
    All I remember about bionicle is really liking those ones that folded up into balls, as a kid I just thought that was the neatest fucking thing.
    The Bohrok were low-key the best sets in the entire franchise. I have a couple and they're amazing. Someone remade them styled after the reboot's design sensibilities and taking heavy inspiration on the prototype designs for the Bahrag, but it's impossible to remake the Bohrok and make them anywhere near as cool as they are.
    tfw no Fate/One

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    http://bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Voya_Nui_Resistance_Team

Actually found them, pretty sure this is mine 100%. The green guy is Piruk, red guy is Balta and brown guy is Velika.

To answer the thread's question, since I realize I haven't, I think 2004 had the best story overall. It wasn't without faults, but it did a really good job at re-contextualizing what we knew in a way that made sense. 05 as an extension had Adventures #10: Time Trap, which is the best Bionicle story, featuring Vakama, Makuta and the Mask of Time at their best. 08 did a fantastic job at serving as a climax to the main story up to this point and the side stuff was decently organized (at least better than before). Bara Magna was pretty shit, but there were a bunch of individual stories that were pretty cool, such as The Crossing, Raid on Vulcanus and just about all of graphic novel #8. I'd probably rank the story years as 04>01>08>07>02>05>03>09>05>06>10>15>11>16. 2011 was just post-story serials that were bad. 2015 and 2016 were the reboot's story years (which had nothing to do with the first generation's story, but the recently leaked story bible that may or may not be faked states that the presence of the upper half of the Mask of Time in the reboot's story was meant to imply that it was supposed to connect with the Kanohi Vahi as we knew it).

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    http://bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Voya_Nui_Resistance_Team

Actually found them, pretty sure this is mine 100%. The green guy is Piruk, red guy is Balta and brown guy is Velika.
    Ah, the 06 Matoran. Yeah, those were an interesting bunch. They were horribly mangled from their time in hell and shipped off to some remote island where no one could judge the devil for his shitty work. I only have Velika from those.

Fun fact regarding Velika:

The Great Beings are the head honchos of Bionicle who presided over Spherus Magna, but they were a bunch of egghead nerds who knew nothing of politics so they created the Elemental Lords. These six Elemental Lords waged war on one another over a shiny new substance discovered on Spherus Magna called Energized Protodermis (which is what turned the Toa Mata into the Toa Nuva). As the war went on, it became clear to the Great Beings that Spherus Magna was on its way to destruction if the EP kept being tapped. They began working on the Great Spirit Robot and creating all the inhabitants within it to seek out new civlization and boldly go where no one's gone before so they could find out how to fix their shit. They finished the robot just in time to launch before the planet blew up and split into three chunks: Aqua Magna, Bara Magna and Bota Magna. One of the Great Beings transferred his consciousness into one of their creations within the universe, known as Velika. Velika was an undercover Great Being, which explains why he was so cryptic. This was a very controversial reveal because it was 100% not intended and just made up on the spot after the story ended because Greg introduced the idea that there was a secret Great Being in the MU that made his way to Bota Magna and was about to kill Lewa, Vezon, Miserix, Tren Krom, Helryx and a bunch of other people who got teleported to a fortress with an imprisoned insane Great Being there (being Lewa is suffering). This wasn't officially revealed in-story because the serials never continued, but it was revealed on the Lego message boards Greg thread.
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; September 2nd, 2018 at 01:06 PM.
    tfw no Fate/One

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Lewa was my favorite Toa Nuva, he was green and had wind powers and could fly and had TWO katanas
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Lewa x Onua was always my ship. I'm sure Onua would've rescued his man again if the serials continued.

EDIT: Realized I never linked to the Biological Chronicle, for anyone curious and insane enough.
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; September 2nd, 2018 at 07:46 PM.
    tfw no Fate/One