Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: That Ever Illusive Utopia

Blog Entries
    Alternatively, possibly you could pair rin up with shirou and sakura?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    You went extremely fast-forward with that "fucking Saber" part, I think. '~'
    Perhaps, but you know what I mean. You have a version of Shirou (who sacrificed everything for Sakura) come back and then promptly entirely ignore her, and start fucking Saber. It would be horrible for her, even worse than HF Normal was.

I'm pretty sure it's not the case, though, because Elf has made it clear with previous posts that Shirou is still alive. I was just pointing out to you and Krato that that would not be a good setup, unless you wanted a very dark and depressing fic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Alternatively, possibly you could pair rin up with shirou and sakura?
    Well, that could work in theory, but I don't think it's very likely, TBH (I'd say even less likely than pairing Sakura with Rin and Shirou post-UBW, because I can't see Shirou being willing to risk hurting Sakura that way, and I can't see Rin being willing to either). I'd say it'd make a decent omake, but I don't think it fits the main story.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it's not the case, though, because Elf has made it clear with previous posts that Shirou is still alive. I was just pointing out to you and Krato that that would not be a good setup, unless you wanted a very dark and depressing fic.
    To be honest, I was expecting it to be a dark and depressing fic, at least in the first stages.

Blog Entries
    That depends on if the level of violence and grim dark is enough to force rin and the others together for an extended period of time, the dynamic could change a little. Sakra and shirou are in trouble, rin will stay by to protect them, specially since I seem to recall something about new puppet shirou having to retrain his powers in his body so won't be able to really defend them.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    To be honest, I was expecting it to be a dark and depressing fic, at least in the first stages.
    Yeah, but Shirou being dead makes it dark and depressing the whole way through, with a thoroughly shitty ending where Sakura wastes away whilst an alternate version of her Sempai shacks up with Saber.

That depends on if the level of violence and grim dark is enough to force rin and the others together for an extended period of time, the dynamic could change a little. Sakra and shirou are in trouble, rin will stay by to protect them, specially since I seem to recall something about new puppet shirou having to retrain his powers in his body so won't be able to really defend them.
    Yeah, but Rin staying around to protect them doesn't mean they're going to get into a relationship with her. It would take a hell of a lot to convince any of the three that it was a viable option, and a hell of a lot more to convince one of them to actually suggest it.

If any of the three makes the suggestion without being completely sure that the other two will be OK with it, they risk breaking their family apart entirely. Plus, Rin and Sakura are sisters, they're not likely to be overly interested in getting into a sexual relationship with each other.

I just don't see any of them suggesting it, or even thinking of it as a viable option. Rin knows how much Sakura loves and needs Shirou, and wouldn't be willing to risk hurting her by suggesting they "share" him, or even by making it known that she has feelings for him, Shirou has no reason whatsoever to suggest it, because he's quite happy with Sakura, won't want to hurt her and doesn't know Rin's feelings, and Sakura won't suggest it because she doesn't know Rin's feelings and would surely feel insecure at the idea of Shirou wanting Rin too.

Blog Entries
    Actually thinking about it we have no idea what the actual problem is. Gil is alive apparantly, so something weird must have happened, he can't be blackened so.....what, sakura coughed him up?

Anyway, this might actually be some sort of elaborate plan to find/help/resurrect shirou.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Actually thinking about it we have no idea what the actual problem is. Gil is alive apparantly, so something weird must have happened, he can't be blackened so.....what, sakura coughed him up?
    Yeah, I have no idea how Gil survived here. Or Saber, for that matter....

Anyway, this might actually be some sort of elaborate plan to find/help/resurrect shirou.
    I really don't know where you're getting this "Shirou is dead" stuff from. If he were, this wouldn't be an Archer/Saber story, it would be a "Sakura is fucking depressed" story or a "let's go hunting Sempai" story. Plus, with Shirou gone, Saber would have nowhere to go, and Rin would be too interested in Sakura's hunt for Shirou to care about Archer, as would Saber, for that matter.

Blog Entries
    just thinking out lo0ud, no need to get excited. there is obviously some kind of conflict here (else it wouldnt matter what Excalibur looked like since other then maybe at he beginning it would always be under IA) and with the arguable exception of archer, the easiest way to galvanise the whole motley crew would be something involving shirou.

plus on the technical side ilya also resurrected archer, presumably from the Garm, so her ability to restore shirou via application of the heaven's feel might have been reduced.

Blog Entries
    Shirou's NOT dead, I couldn't do that to poor Sakura, but between the two of them Ilya gets to save both versions of her Onii-chan. I've got some interesting conversations planned between him and Archer. Plus because Shirou's steered so far away from Archer's path it's not instinctual hate between the two of them. Especially not on Shirou's part in the actual route himself.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    I think Archer will just leave him alone. Though, he will be concerned with Saber. Maybe they'll have a few convos about that.

Blog Entries
    eh, come to think of it, shirou right now is in crappy puppet body, dont they need to start dipping into the matou's kitty for paying off touko?

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    eh, come to think of it, shirou right now is in crappy puppet body, dont they need to start dipping into the matou's kitty for paying off touko?

...Wut's with that wording?

For a moment, I thought you meant a literal cat for a minute, and they were going to dissect it because Zouken had kept his cash there. The sad part is, I was going "When did they get a cat?" That poor cat.

Blog Entries
    what wording?

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ......I think I need to get my mind out of the gutter.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    plus on the technical side ilya also resurrected archer, presumably from the Garm, so her ability to restore shirou via application of the heaven's feel might have been reduced.
    Perhaps, but if she had had to make a choice, I'm pretty sure Shirou would have come first especially since Sakura was helping her.

In the game, they paid for it by selling the Matou magic books to the Association (because Sakura and Rin presumably have no wish to learn how to worm-rape people...).

Blog Entries
    isnt that what I said?

You said to "dip into the Matou kitty." While I'm not sure where Kratosirving went with it (kitty = cat = pussy = ... well, pussy, maybe?) I know where I did; you can look up above. I'd actually like to see Kratos's logic, now that I think about it.

Blog Entries
    ....how many people have not heard the word kitty to reference a bank account or place of stored valuable/currency!?

It's hardly the first thing that came to my mind. People I know usually call it a "bank account," a "vault," or a "stash." Sometimes a "hoard" (not to be confused with "horde," which is something completely different and most people seem to fuck up), but not very often. I don't think I've ever heard anyone actually use it in conversation. What can I say? It's a weird usage.