Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Create your own holy grail war.

Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Al Capone MIGHT work, but just barely; he was born in 1899. Maybe he uses his criminal underworld charisma and screw with others behind the scenes.
    Just saw this now. Capone has been a sheet I've wanted to write up for a while now, but I think I'll wait until I read another book/extensive-reading-in-general about him before I do (More to get ideas flowing than any lack of information really, though more information never hurts.)

As for a NP, St. Valentine's Day is probably the thing he's most known for, which I'd see working as some sort of conceptual Attack based on the "Nobody Shot Me" thing. He's frequently associated with Alcatraz, so that could potentially be a Noble Phantasm in some shape or form, though it would be a little strange. I dunno. Like I said, I'd need to read another something about him before writing anything in order to hash the details out, and currently I'm a little busy.
    Last edited by 4score7years; March 20th, 2017 at 10:49 PM.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Would turning the holy grail war into a competitive sport be a good idea, like a version of reality were the holy grail war was popular sport among teens?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Would turning the holy grail war into a competitive sport be a good idea, like a version of reality were the holy grail war was popular sport among teens?
    Would this be ignoring the whole "death-game" aspect or embracing it for a dystopia ala the Hunger Games?

Thinking about it, that does make me wonder about a possible Hunger Games x Fate crossover... (Speaking as someone who really knows quite little about the latter; just think it'd be an interesting idea)

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thinking about it, that does make me wonder about a possible Hunger Games x Fate crossover... (Speaking as someone who really knows quite little about the latter; just think it'd be an interesting idea)
    Last edited by 4score7years; March 21st, 2017 at 07:57 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Woah, A SBR-based Grail War? this is a really good idea. Curiously, I wonder what Servants you would have featured in this idea of yours, if you have a idea, that is.

(Maybe most of the Servants are of biblical origins, just like how SBR sprinkle the theme across the storyline too?)
    SBR would be a great idea for a grail war, but I don't think that Heroic Spirits would fit very well with the themes and the premise of Steel Ball Run.
    Thinking about it now, I'd want to make something like this if I was doing a SBR-based Grail War.

Slightly fusing the the Extraverse and Miyuverse, in 1870 a certain ritual was completed and mana has been deteriorating. At the same time small amounts of an unknown compound (Grain) has been showing up in the world.

Go to 1890, the dying organizer without an heir announces that a ritual is in progress to create a Holy Grail, a stockpile of magical energy that will be given to the winner. In that sense, it is at literal "Holy Grail" for magi as it will ensure prosperity for that family for the foreseeable future where every other family is screwed.

Using the entirety of (insert some country here) as the ritual ground, participants have to reach certain super-key fallen leyline and permenantly dye it with their magical energy. The optimal route to each super special fallen leyline being the route of the SBR event. The magi who dyes the most points will gain the most magical energy and so forth.

However, the true purpose of the race (like SBR) is to collect the body parts of a certain white princess cough who "died" in (insert country here).

The organizer seeks to collect the princess's body parts and use them to create another earth or something inno I came up with this while eating a burrito. Or something to stop of the Grain. Or whatever, it depends on the theme of the story.

However when the racers accidentally come close to a body part they're sent to what seems like a different dimension (Marble Phantasm) like how the land warps around the Saint corpse in SBR. Also magi notice that they gain powers when they touch the body parts (Rudimentary Knight Arms because each body part basically a dying planet hemorrhaging Grain) like how the SBR people get Stands when touching Jesus.

There would probably some Dead Apostles in this as well then, like Merem. Maybe the organizer is secretly a DAA?

Like I said I came up with this while eating a burrito and reading what Imperial posted. But sounds like it would be interesting.
    Last edited by You; March 22nd, 2017 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

the year is 2030, human society is completely aware of magic. a new age has occurred were every person on the planet can use magic. by a special system called the philosopher stone algorithm, which turns a person into a mage. and also allows for easy combination of magic and super advanced technology. the holy grail tournament is a very popular sport held by the enigmatic corporation known only magetech, the most advance seller of magic enhanced seraph technologies or MES for short.
    the grail consists of 700 players and 700 servants who each compete is different games to vie for victory to have there wish granted by the "ultimate grail" which is made from a combination of the moon cell holy grail, and the actual magic holy grail.
    there are nine classes which are
    archer
    saber
    rider
    assassin
    berserker
    castor
    lancer
    savior
    and avenger
    masters servants are chosen by the seraph in which it takes in data about the master and creates a servant most suited for that specific masters fighting and stratgy style and at least odds with the masters personalty. thus every master has a servant most suited for them, all mages are incapable of being killed by others masters attacks and even phantasms thanks to a complicated magic system negating any life threatening magic from masters and also keep anti- world phantasms from ending the world and killing any masters altho they still will do unhindered damage to servants of the same level as normal, it just cannot end the world.
    master can be knocked out thou, if they are hit by what the system considers a killing blow.

the events are as follows. each master must complete at least 5 events in order to do he final battle.
    dragon hunt, 5 servants must chased down and kill a high level dragon before 5 days. favors the rider class.

1v1 close quarters competation. to servants fight to the death in small realty marble which turns the area the servant is standing into an environment suited for them, and goes unto only one servant is alive or until one servant is wounded and the master is knocked out. favors the saber,lancer,assassin,castor, and berserker classes.

7 vs 100 world wide dual. sends them into a pocket demension the size of a small country, and fits 7 of the top twenty most powerful servants who have the most skilled masters against 100 other servants, the 7 servants also get boost in strength and endurance. the 100 servants cannot have a phantasm above B+ rank. favors anti army and anti unit NP users.

urban combat, the event that most represent the original holy grail war and take place in a copy of fuyuki city, for the safety of cvs of course, but only lasts a duration of three days and can have multiple winners so long as at least servant ether dies or is lost in some way.

giant slaying. self explanatory. favors servants who have killed against in there past.

football with a twist. basic football but were an NP may be used once on the fourth down instead of the quarter back being able to rush, no servant can die in this event. favors berserkers.
    and last but not least the final event, the free for all. the surviving servants and qualified servants fight in a foaled were there are unlimited use of NPS and NPS use no mana in this feald. however all NPS are ranked down to A class or lower, to keep it interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

i think i did good.

Blog Entries
    venoming: I presume if you were to actually do a fic based off this premise it'd end up being hijacked and turned into an actual death-game somewhere down the line? Because otherwise a lot of the restrictions you've come up with (especially the part about Masters only summoning Servants they have the greatest compatibility with), while making sense from a logical standpoint kind of kill the drama storyline-wise.

Really, the whole premise of a non-lethal Grail War with tons of participants has already been done in Fate/Extra, so I'm not sure how much there is to be done with this idea, though you clearly put a fair bit of thought into it.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Really, the whole premise of a non-lethal Grail War with tons of participants has already been done in Fate/Extra
    ???

is the wiki striking again

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    ???

is the wiki striking again
    Well, that was the original intent for the Moon Cell's tournament, before Twice hijacked it and reverted it back to ye olde death-game formula.

We never actually saw it play out as intended in canon, but the idea has still been explored in a sense.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, that was the original intent for the Moon Cell's tournament, before Twice hijacked it and reverted it back to ye olde death-game formula.

We never actually saw it play out as intended in canon, but the idea has still been explored in a sense.
    so definitely the wiki striking

Quote Originally Posted by laith let's play

: After that, my story becomes simpler. Manipulating the rules of this place, I created the Holy Grail War.

: A battle of survival from which only a single person may emerge victorious.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    yeah

people die when their souls are deleted
    How did they keep finding shmucks willing to get involved, in that case? Wouldn't people eventually realize that all but one of the participants were never heard from again?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Most magi know a battle for a wish granting device is going to be risking your life. Being a magus itself is risking your life.

Shinji is an outlier because he was eight.

Blog Entries
    Most magi know a battle for a wish granting device is going to be risking your life. Being a magus itself is risking your life.

Shinji is an outlier because he was eight.
    Were most members of the Moon Cell's Grail War Magi? For some reason I wasn't under that impression.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Were most members of the Moon Cell's Grail War Magi? For some reason I wasn't under that impression.
    Firstly, they're called Wizards in Extra
    and secondly yes
    Quote Originally Posted by extra mats
    Master [concept] P210
    Master is the title given to the humans who participate in the Holy Grail War.
    In principle you must be a Wizard to become a master, but in extremely rare circumstances a normal person who possesses magic circuits can become a Master.
    Regardless of how, if someone makes it to the Moon, clears the preliminaries, and summons and contracts a Servant, they will be able to participate in the main tournament as a Master.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When you say they're called wizard, is it like that in the original text it's kana for "wizard", or is it like a different term that they decided to translate as "wizard"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    魔術師【事柄】
    ウィザード。EXTRAにおけるA級ハッカー。
    通常のハッカーに比べて、魂レベルで電脳空間にダイブできる異能者。
    通常のハッカーは、

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Right, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

So is my idea still unique. It's it's a kinda death match, mages can't die, but servants can. The game uses the events to get rid of the fodder. So the free for all is more fun, and one of the events main point it to not only get rid of the fodder but also to get of the over powered servants like Gilgamesh,vlad, Hercules, the really op ones, so the free for all is more fun to watch. Thou maybe I should take way the mana advantage for the last event. But the reason I don't do it as fanfic is becuase I suck at wrighting fanfics I'm pretty gives teh idea and hopes somebuddy uses it.
    Althou it does make me curiose how you would have done the same basic princliple I laid out?

JP Friend Code
    this idea blows

where's water blitz