Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Create your own holy grail war.

マリーの味方
    Prague...

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Siberia would be a good place in one of Siberian more inhospitable places since it would be hard for a normal person to come into those areas, but a Mage could probably do it. Maybe an area in Antarctica. Thou the best would proudly the higher points if the Himalayas, just areas were really only Mage could survive for long periods in, so no pleb normal peaple walk in on the battles.

So here's an idea.
    Welcome to the grand holy Mage war for are you heroes of virtue and less virtues heroes(looks at vlad, lucifer, and death.) here you will see how the so called modern mages work and watch the battle for your amusement ahem I mean to watch them fight honorably and valiantly and gain the favor of one are servants, the winner of this war may leave with the servant if there choosing and do what they will in there respective worlds and without further a dew the contestants.

with an explosive personality first up is(wait isn't this a terrorist why did we let him on! and what the hell is this background it makes no sense! Ahem
    nester asmon!

Please se let this one be better oh no it another Loli every freaking year -says under his breath- sighs deeply, what a wonderful girl we have today I offer you the second contestant.
    Rōzu anarandayè

Ok ok can't get any worse, as are third contestant we have, just a quick look at his background and what the heck is this bleep( sorry heroes but we have some technical magical difficulties please be patient.) ok we're back the fourth contestant is
    les araíndate.

Can't make heads or tails of this guys background seems like a bad fanfic, we have are fifth contestant
    venom King!(what kind of name is that ,he thinks to himself oh well I've herd worse.)

and are are fifth contestant is oh wow this ones not as bad as the others, although honestly hes by no means good are fifth contestant
    lesmond daruk.

And joining ing us again this year is are two winners from last year special tag team holy Mage war event we have,
    Rin tousaka
    and Sakura matou
    -turns to his pr guy what to happend that emiya fellow, pr guy whispers one of the femail heroes took a liking to him something about cleaning and something about cooking, so he can't come.- Ok? Well those are the participants for this year, god I hope nothing goes wrong, let's have another fun holy Mage war, hopefully.

So good idea, not a good idea?
    Last edited by venomking; July 8th, 2017 at 12:42 AM.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    What were you going for here?
    also, what is that name of your second contender? It's… I can't make heads or tails out of it. I'm assuming the superscript 2 is a spelling error?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Time to edit, and how did that even happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, that's better, and I'm going for a reverse version of the holy grail war takeing place in the throne of heroes(cuase why not)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Time to edit, and how did that even happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, that's better, and I'm going for a reverse version of the holy grail war takeing place in the throne of heroes(cuase why not)
    A reverse Grail War? As in, Heroic Spirits summoning human Magi to compete? Also the Throne is outside of time and space so I'm not really sure on the kind of action that could take place there...

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Put simply, there can't be any.
    No matter how you spin it, it doesn't work. Heroic Spirits sending mages to fight for them? What is the point? That's like going out, finding a snail, and telling it to fight a bunch of other snails, who a bunch of other people found to fight for them, for some reason. What is the point even? And even assuming it's physically possible for events to occur inside the Throne, which they can't, that leaves the biggest question: What are they fighting for? To get out? There's no getting out of the Throne. You're there forever, stored much in the same way as data. If it were possible to leave, there wouldn't be a GARcher.

You haven't described these characters, so we have no idea who you're talking about, you haven't really explained what the premise is, you just decided to make some sort of vaudeville MC routine which made your post even more incomprehensible than usual because you tried to write it in script format, while not actually changing the format.
    It was clearly intended to excite, but why would we care? We have no idea who any of these characters are, and without having physically/digitally created them beforehand and showing them to us, there is no point to any of the bombast.
    Last edited by Draconic; July 8th, 2017 at 04:37 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    People do cockfighting all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

So just random mashup.
    archer: pride.
    lancer: envy(I reliese she's my only lancer.)
    Berserker: leather face.
    Assassin: lucifer.
    Rider: iskandor (yea I need to create my own rider.)
    saber: Meleager.
    Caster: Orpheus.

Not a bad idea, it's actually pretty good. Well might as well do one again since I've had the idea for a while.

So so the basic idea is simple it's recreation of the great holy grail war system but in this case rather then black and red there gold and silver with gold side being led by a servant created throu an exception made possible only by a powerful noble phantasm. While the other side is led by rin tousaka and mercernary considered on par with Kiritsugu do to his Mage craft.

The setting is of course Fuyuki completely under the countrol of the gold faction, but the rules in this one are different rather then the standard 7 day birth sides have two years to prepare unintenntially caused by the gold factions attempt to give themselves an unfair advantage by drastically increasing the time there servants in the world. And this same interference allowes for the summing of heroes who would not normally be capable of being dummies such as villains, counter guardians, and anti heroes.

so now to the sides:

the silver faction led by rin and an unknown mercernary:

saber: arthuria summoned by Emiya Shirou she acts as one leader of the silver faction, and her power and abilities make her part of the vanguard along with lancer.

Caster: atlas the ruler and King of Atlantis a city whose magical defense and offensive capabilities would have led to the end of humanity had not been destroyed by the counter force, his noble phantasm as act as as the primary base for the silver faction.

lancer: envy, one of the members if the throne of sins(something I came up with) her abilities makes her perfect for the vanguard of the silver faction her capabilities, and she acts as the main moral of the group(even thou she can't get half the group to let loose at all, in her own words.)

archer: Apollo, the main healer and supports the van guard during assualts using his healing arrows to heal saber and envy when neccary and raining the enemy down with invisible and plague arrows.

Rider: Qin shi Huang, his statue army is the main and only army of the silver faction as well as his noble phantasm's allow him to take both van guard and support, his main role throu ought the war is supprt(I'll be creating his sheet soon.)

assassin: lucifer, like an assassin should works on assassinating the mages under the gold faction(whom are under the complete countrol of the new hero) thou that task turns unsuccufull his main role lies in nature if his primary noble phantasm Devils greatest trick. Which allows him to remain on the battlefeakd undetected with only saber and rin aware if his existence as servan. he the ace in in the silver factions deck sunce since the gold faction is unaware of his existence.

Berserker: Orion, a legendary hero on par with Hercules. Do to being a primordial giant and his strength and ability is immense, due to his size. He is the final solution for the silver group since the level of destruction he would cause would completely destroy Fuyuki therefore he is only used as a final sullution, not to be used unless there isn't any other option he eventually fights and kills ding himself the faction of golds berserker. Without destroying Fuyuki.

Now now to gold faction led by the new hero as well as some totally liking high class mages who totally aren't being countroled by powerful magecraft what so ever.

Saber: rydderch hael a famous king and swords men said to use the powerful dwynern or white hilt. a legendary sword on pair or possible more powerful then Excalibur he fights in the van guard along with assassin and lancer.

Assassin: melonkomas, a famously boxer famous for never getting or giving a hit his noble phantasm allows him to fight on the vanguard thou his main role is to distract some the silver factions servants he's still highly deadly in the battlefeald.

Caster: Father Time acting as both the healer and support for the group, his noble phantasm and his clock golems make him a useful asset as there isn't many wounds he can't heal, and helps the gold faction determine the identity of the silver factions servants. He also keeps the two berserkers from destroying Fuyuki in there fight.

Archer: Cupid, the famous archer said to be feard even by the Greek gods his phantasm is used to cause chaos among the silver faction group, although his noble phantasm would not normally last long do to caster the effects last almost the entire war.

Lancer: sun wukong part of the vanguard he helps fend of lancer his prowess and ability likely surpassing that of saber of gold.

Berserker: hydra, the legendary beast that gave even Hercules trouble, likely one of the gold factions more powerful servants, it is eventually killed and defeated by berserker of silver but is able to kill him in the process the destruction of which was barely contained by castor.

Rider: George Washington, part of the support group her main enemy is saber, she often join the van guard but for the most part stays on the support side of the gold faction do to her Nobel phantasm being more useful as a support to ten van guard.
    Last edited by venomking; December 30th, 2017 at 06:06 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    You know, when I saw venomking's last entry, I kinda remembered an idea I had a while back.

Here goes nothing...

It is the year 1994, a not very good year. The Holy Grail War is about to start, but something... odd is brewing inside the Grail.

Gaining semi-sentience, the Grail decided that this War's participants are not 'pure' enough to make a non-destructive wish because of their traits and all that.

So, the Grail tries to stop this War by using something unique, something hidden, a system long forgotten, only activated as a failsafe measurement... Against this type of situation.

A grand summoning of 8 Servants across time and space (because if the Grail can summon a future hero from literally myriads of parallel dimensions, this one should be easy), vanguards of the Grail.

They are:

Ruler of the Grail, keyword: Emptiness;
    Saber of the Grail, keyword: Void;
    Archer of the Grail, keyword: Scientific;
    Lancer of the Grail, keyword: Jibril;
    Caster of the Grail, keyword: IN DEVELOPMENT;
    Rider of the Grail, keyword: IN DEVELOPMENT;
    Assassin of the Grail, keyword: Village Rain, 村雨(?);
    Berserker of the Grail, keyword: Deus ex Machina.

Summoned as abberrations of the Holy Grail War, these Servants acts as the antagonists(?) Of the 1994 Holy Grail War Masters.

---

The rules are simple.

While the original Masters can summon Servants in advance, the Grail only summons its vanguards during the Holy Grail War, and only one at a time per day, starting with Ruler on the first day until Berserker on the eight day.

Grail Servants are directly supplied by the Grail for mana, although they can find alternative sources to increase their mana intake if they wish to.

The Ruler of Grail acts as a 'pseudo-Master' to the other Grail Servants, acting as their collective Command Spell bearer. Their God's Resolution Skill has special attributes that will be revealed along the way.

Alliances amongst Masters are encouraged, and because of the increasing number of Servants in the War, it is possible for the Grail to grant more than 1 wish.

The Grail does not control its Servants directly, but Grail Servants do have an innate instinct to 'fight for and to protect the Grail', if only a little. While it is possible to convince a Grail Servant to join the Master's side, doing so would release said Servant's connection to the Grail and forcing Masters to bear the mana cost of the Servant.

Battles are only to be fought at night, preferrably in uncrowded places. The Grail wishes to refrain from collateral damage as much as possible.

Both sides (Masters and the Grail) can only summon a Servant once, meaning that when a Servant is defeated, no summoning said Servant back into the game.

MORE TO COME

---

Lastly, welcome to the Fuyuki Grail War. Have a free t-shirt.

So yeah... Kinda feel RPG-ish, but that's the general idea? Any thoughts? I want to develop this idea into something, so any sort of suggestions are very welcome.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You’re right, it does sound very RPG-ish. With a bit of reworking it could make for a workable Quest style scenario IMO.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    uuuuuu I'm tempted to do that but I'm not confident with my writing skills...

And if I'm going to make it a Quest thing-y, I need more story on it. More fluff for the background. Also it might be a mix of RP (for the Master side) and Quest thing-y (for the actual war).

I'm still worries about my writing skills, though...

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Eh, from what I've seen its a really good idea. I honestly did mine because k had really bad fan fiction a while back that I never completed and that was basically the entire plot. So yea really good war I like the idea, even the idea of going with possibly evil masters? That would be an interesting idea.

so i created a olympic version of the holy grail war, in which magic was common place in society, so hers goes my improved version.

the world is set in the year 3048 in which a 100 years prier humanity was forced to leave earth due to complicated reasoning, as science did not advance fast enough to allow humans to travel to the closest inhabitable planet, however due the creation of the philosopher algorithm which allowed magic to be placed into devices so a normal human could use magecraft, due to that humanity now exists across thousands and inhabitable planets and three families countroul the entire human empire by controlling absolutely the flow and use of mana. the families the are tousakas, the emiyas, and the yggdelmillina the tousakas are in charge of politics, the emiays are in charge of the enforcement of laws, and yggdellmillnia controls the homunculus mana factories or HMFs for short which all human colonies rely on. every ten years the family hosts an event to amuse the public the holy olympic war. in which at random 700 masters are chosen and may summon at a first come first serve bases a servant of there choosing regales of effectiveness the holy grail war is combination of the system of the original holy grail war and the moon cell holy grail war, in which the winner may have one wish granted of course under the "safe" supervision of the emiyas of course who always in which the wishes seem always benefit the three families and the wisher is given a nice cushy life courtesy of the three families, nothing suspicious at all.

due to the new seraph system mages are unable to kill one another, instead magic and noble phantasms based attacks that are deemed a killing blow are instead knocked instead of killed however this is not to mean that masters cannot be harmed, limbs cannot still be taken and all the seraph will due is ensure the sudden loss of lines does not result in there death, of course servants do to not get this same benefit, planet ending NPs are unable to end the the planet but they still due same amount of damage to masters and servants they would due if it did end the planet of course a limit on the amount times they can be used, usually only allowed to be used twice in the duration of the holy olympic war. of course unknown to the three families the criminal group Medea has entered this war.

the servant classes involved in the war:
    gunner
    savior
    archer
    avenger
    berserker
    rider
    lancer
    saber
    caster
    assassin

Order of events

giant hunt
    an event in which 7 servants and masters must team up and hunt down and kill an A rank primordial giant within the time limit of 3 days those who are killed or have there masters knocked out are booted from the rest of the duration of the holy olympic war. favors those who have against in there past.

dragon siege:
    servants must defend a small village from the attack of a swarm of wyverns with the final attack being pulled by the evil favnir, favors those with anti army NPs or anti dragon attributes or attacks. of course those killed or who fail to defend the two are booted out.

water blitz with a twist(totally not so i can make some cheap jokes):
    an event exclusive only to female servants in which they fight in fan chosen swim wear, and the use of noble phantasm are made unlimited and are all ranked down A or lower were mana is provided by the water, this event is very popular for some reason. favors riders and those with water based NPs.

7 V 100:
    a battle in which the seven best and most powerful servants and masters face of against 100 other servants for a duration of 5 min, those who die in that time period are booted out the for the rest of the game.

dodgeball with Noble twist.
    a friendly completion dodge ball to the death in which servants are unable to sue ether NPs unless they grab a green ball which allows them to use there NPs once, dodgeball are dropped randomly and the side that wins gets a boost to there stats, those who loose do not loose anything are not booted out of the game. favors servants with good strength and agility stats.

fuyuki grail war:
    a simulted version of the fuyuki grail wars rules remain the same and the winner may leave while the others are booted out.

capture the flag:
    essentially capture the flag with noble phantasms. The loosing team is booted out of the holy Olympus

50 v 50 defense and offense match.
    A battle between 50 servants who are the offensive against a defending team if servants of equal number both sides have leader detentermend by who has the highest rank in charisma. The goul for the defending team is to defend there base agains the enemy onslaught for 20 min, while the attack in obviously try to destroy that base in that duratation, those who die are booted out if the holy olympics.

1v1
    the last event before the final event in which the remaining servants and master fight against other servants and master in 1 on 1 battles chosen at random.

the tournament:
    the final masters and servants duke in it one on one battles attempting to advance to the last battle of the tournament event the winner of the last battle of the tournament wins the holy Olympic Grail war, and may have there wishes granted under the supervision of riya Emiya of course.
    Last edited by venomking; January 25th, 2018 at 09:20 PM.