Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Create your own holy grail war.

Blog Entries
    In a world where all things magical are circling the drain, it's not a stretch to think magi/wizards would risk it all to get a shortcut to the Root or whatever else they had in mind.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that jazz
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    you got it wrong, all things magical are not going down the drain, just the magic isall being combined inside technology and any person world who wnats to can be a mage. think of siocety were even your tv has magic in it, and mechanaics use traceng serapagh goggles or what not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    you got it wrong, all things magical are not going down the drain, just the magic isall being combined inside technology and any person world who wnats to can be a mage. think of siocety were even your tv has magic in it, and mechanaics use traceng serapagh goggles or what not.
    Pretty sure he's referring to the actual setting of Extra, not your proposed fanfic.

no, cause he said the root, and theres no way for you to get to the root in extra, and magis no loner even exist. so id assume its my proposed fanfic.

Blog Entries
    I'm referring to Extra.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

ah, maybe not say root then. there just wanting to have there wishes granted, most of them don't even bout the root.

- - - Updated - - -

the global holy grail war.
    this holy grail war is taken on a global scale, were mages such as rin and emiya would be the elite commanders and lower mages like shinji would be foot soldiers. anyways in this version of the holy grail warm, some random mage messed with the holy in an attempt to destroy it(cough emiya cough) causing the grail to malfunction and cause every single mage that is and ever will exist to be recognized as masters, and now wars are decide by a good master servant pair. each country of the entire world is now forced into the holy grail war., ad the last country alive will have all of its inhabitants wish granted!
    welcome to the global holy grail war!, price of admission is possible and completely gruesome death! make sure vote for your wish as well.
    Last edited by venomking; March 24th, 2017 at 03:08 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It'd be great if people who don't know about Extra stop talking about it like they know about it.

But I guess that's an ever-distant dream.

thats a pipe dream, I've played the game and i barely understand it. but since there no mages as there bitterly no magic id assume getting to the root would be a pipe dream for any person who still reimburse what that even is.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    but since there no mages
    no

as there bitterly no magic
    no

id assume getting to the root would be a pipe dream for any person who still reimburse what that even is.
    We don't know what people's goals are considering the only people we see reach the wishing stage are self-aware NPCs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    there might be magecraft
    BUT IS THERE BITTER MAGECRAFT?
    :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    there is extra's Rin and CCC's Rin

therefore there is 凛々

if they can magecraft

bitter magecraft

it sounds better in my head

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    what's tobias' favorite alcohol again?
    you should drink some of that
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    what's tobias' favorite alcohol again?
    you should drink some of that
    Antifreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Another set of Servants I came up with, this time for Fate/Zero's setting and Masters.

Saber- Nameless Crusader
    Lancer- Cain Lily
    Archer- Isfandiyar
    Rider- Arthur Harris
    Caster- Nyarlahotep
    Berserker- Don Quixote (with EX-ranked Mad Enhancement stemming from her obsession with chivalry)
    Assassin- Hassan Of Gunpowder

As you can see, I purposefully tried to go with Servants that would play off their Masters in similar or contrasting ways to the canon ones. So Kiritsugu's is still an angsty blonde female knight (though I imagine the Nameless Crusader as being more willing to accept his brutal tactics, having fought in a pointless war and knowing full well the battlefield is hardly a place of honor), Tokiomi's Servant is almost pitifully loyal as opposed to the bundle of ego that is Gilgamesh, Uryuu ends up with a literal eldritch abomination instead of just a guy who can summon one and Kirei gets an amoral hedonist to seduce (rather more literally, in her case) him onto the path of evil.

The biggest differences would probably be Tokiomi (for the above reasons), Waver (who is likely to develop very differently with the cold and tactical Harris instead of Broskander) and Kariya, who'll be much happier to have Servant that isn't both nigh-impossible to control and an obscene Mana hog. In fact, Kariya and Don Quixote would probably get along surprisingly well, since they're both self-righteous, impulsive idiots who throw themselves head-first into danger without thinking, but yet beyond all that their wishes (fighting for chivalry, saving Sakura) are still fundamentally pure. I could easily see those two playing off each other in a lot of interesting ways.

Other then that, either Kariya + Don Quixote or Kiritsugu + Nameless Crusader would be the "protagonist" group, Harris would be the "mid-boss" (all the other Servants having to team up to defeat him like with Gilles' Cthulhu monster) and Nyarlahotep would be the final boss. Kiritsugu and Harris would also likely have a strong rivalry, since they're the kind of very similar that would enable them to pick out their own worst faults in the other. Any thoughts?

I put a fair deal of thought into this, so I'm actually pretty curious what anybody thinks...

Blog Entries
    Nameless Crusader seems to cut against the grain. If this knight didn't earn enough fame to be immortalized in legend, how is she recored in the Throne and eligible for the Saber class? Nameless farmer wound up as Medea's Assassin because he was an aberration in the system. He was never meant to be.

Cain Lily? As in Cain the first murderer? What in the world...

Isfandiyar is pretty cool. I've always wanted to see more Servants like Rostam.

Arthur Harris gets points for originality, though he almost seems too recent?

Nyarlathotep doesn't seem human enough to be summoned. Nya is the soul and avatar of the Great Old Ones. I think you would need someone like Darnic or Zouken tweaking the Grail for decades to get a shot at the Throne of Gods or wherever something like Nya winds up.

I've seen Don bounced around a few times before, almost always paired with Kariya or Shirou for their shared delusions.

I assume Hassan of Gunpowder is the shorty from Hollow Ataraxia?
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Nameless Crusader seems to cut against the grain. If this knight didn't earn enough fame to be immortalized in legend, how is she recored in the Throne and eligible for the Saber class? Nameless farmer wound up as Medea's Assassin because he was an aberration in the system. He was never meant to be.

Cain Lily? As in Cain the first murderer? What in the world...

Isfandiyar is pretty cool. I've always wanted to see more Servants like Rostam.

Arthur Harris gets points for originality, though he almost seems too recent?

Nyarlathotep doesn't seem human enough to be summoned. Nya is the soul and avatar of the Great Old Ones. I think you would need someone like Darnic or Zouken tweaking the Grail for decades to get a shot at the Throne of Gods or wherever something like Nya winds up.

I've seen Don bounced around a few times before, almost always paired with Kariya or Shirou for their shared delusions.

I assume Hassan of Gunpowder is the shorty from Hollow Ataraxia?
    Okay, it's clear I should've included links along with the names because you don't seem to quite have realized what I was going for, no offense. All of these are my own original Servants (including Gunpowder Hassan).

On your other issues... the Nameless Crusader isn't any particular crusader, though she borrows the face and personality of one upon summoning. In truth, she's a gestalt entity agglomerating all the forgotten people who died in the crusades. The idea being that any one in particular is unworthy of Heroic Spirit status, as a whole they left a big enough imprint on mankind's collective memory in order to qualify. Cain Lily is a version of Cain when he was simply a humble farmer who tilled the earth, before becoming the First Murderer. Nyarla purposefully takes on a human nature and form in order to let himself be summoned because he wants to screw with humanity.

Does that answer your questions? And thanks for the feedback!

Blog Entries
    It's ultimately your baby.

Cain Lily still strikes me as goofy, but I've never cared for the "Lily" concept in general.

I suppose that's as good an explanation for the Crusader and Nya as any, given Nasu's knack for breaking his own rules.

Hassan of Gunpowder strikes me as a little offbeat for a Muslim extremist, but a poison-secreting honeypot already set that standard, I suppose.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Blog Entries
    The only Grail War I got is the one I've been working on,

Saber: Lemminkäinen
    Archer: Kriemhild
    Lancer: Vlad III
    Rider: Bedivere
    Assassin: Hassan
    Avenger: Angra Mainyu
    Caster: Morgana le Fay
    Berserker (True Saber): Kullevro.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't worked on it in months though.
    Last edited by Historia; March 30th, 2017 at 03:21 PM.

I sort of made up a Grail War when I wrote a couple snippets to accompany some Servants.

Set in Toronto, was going to be in 1904, culminating in the Great Fire of Toronto, but decided on modern day.

Saber: Galatea
    Archer: Tutankhamun
    Lancer: Jan Matthys
    Rider: Manas
    Assassin: Ehud ben Gera
    Berserker: The Wendigo
    Caster: Jack Fiddler
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

i find the windigo an interesting secant to be used in a holy grail war.