Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A'ight, unless people throw in a few other FC's/Command Seals in the next few days we'll be going forward with these two.

It should at least come down to a vote between Waifu and Husbando. So here:

FC 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Hey, that's the same one I used for my Meleager FC!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I second the waifu fc.

Also for Command Seals I suggest this, courtesy of Kirby:

It's based more around Lancer being a Lancer and an Emperor, hence the crown motif.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Cast your votes!

Servant's gender/appearance
    • Male
    • Female

Command Seals
    • Shattering Theme
    • Imperial Signature

Blog Entries
    Obviously I'll pick 2. Cute girl for the win!

Don't really care about the second category, so I'll let other people choose for that.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Grill, ImpSig
    canon finish apo vol 3

Girl
    Imperial

Blog Entries
    Girl
    Imperial

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Female
    Imperial

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seems it's pretty unanimous, I'll get to work now

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nomikata Manor Ruins
    Morning - Unknown

It was perhaps a decade ago when those dreams started.

Those stupid repetitive dreams where it feels like I went on the internet only to watch a video of a mirror getting smashed up on a 10 minute loop. It was only until a few months ago where the dreams have developed; flames flickering with bedazzling glow and dancing across my eyes, glass shards twisting and turning to form feathers, fluttering and floating by the sky.

It is now I know it is because of my connection to the Servant I have summoned that they have changed as our minds are touched together. This explains the flames, the feathers. They define the servant the same way the shards define me. However there is one development that I don't understand, the reflections I've seen in the mirrors of my mind, they are not my own.

The people I see look familial to me with some resemblance but they are indefinably not me. There is a similar energy to what I felt walking around in our now ruined manor, the legacy of the house Nomikata.

Familial.

Family.

They feel like, not peers but brethren that I never knew. Upon this I ponder; how do I know them, are they even real? My mind has always been distorted regarding these matters; it has always been a failing of mine that Father is always keen to point out. This only grants more questions - how little I actually know about him, why nothing appears on my mother's side of the family and how much he knows about this. About them. About the voices I hear in my head tonight.

'Brother'.

"…!"

As I open my eyes, I'm in my room. Thankfully it wasn't destroyed in the attack. As I open my mouth, it feels sickly and full of blood. I stand up, I feel dizzy but I can just about support myself. After I just about enter the bathroom I try and fail to take a shower as it seems our piping was damaged in the attack so I resort to cleaning myself with a wet flannel. I'd be quite ashamed if anyone where to ever find out. After I finally shave my face the pains in my body seem to lax, as if the burning lean was poured out of its vessel.

As I enter the living room, the crater remains. The events of the previous day were not just a fever dream but fact, including the summoning of my servant, whoever they may be.

"Morning Seigi."

She and my servant are sitting on a mostly undamaged sofa. I'm not quite sure how to reply, so I just passively sit down. She's back to an old habit and has already pulled out a pocky stick. I haven't seen her eat those since Clocktower, it's almost reassuring to see.

"I haven't been able to get her to talk at all to me about anything other than tactics. Perhaps you can help. Failing which, we just devise a plan on what to do."

Regardless of her habit, her bubbliness appears to have faded somewhat. It seems her two months with my Father were less than enjoyable for her as well, either than or she hates Lancer. She used to have a pure smile, I hope it hasn't been lost. But anyways, back to the matters at hand.

"Beg pardon?"

At this point, my servant, sitting in a reserved and crouched position speaks up. An otherwise forgettable presence swells with sudden purpose and standing.

Lancer

"
    Master
    Emperor
    . Our base of operations lies in absolute tatters. I was unable to identify the familiar that assaulted us but it knew your identity due to the nature of our attack. Likewise, Risa tells me your
    Lord
    Father
    has vanished after the attack, we cannot find him. In addition our enemies know who you are and in all likelihood my appearance so matters of stealth may be difficult."

"So Lancer, our options are?"

My servant continues in a highly businesslike manner, speaking respectfully yet forcefully - quite unlike a lapdog a fool may expect a servant to be.

"We require a new base of operations. We can search for your Lord/Father should you desire, we can use this woman's magical prowess to attempt to find our enemies or we can simply throw down the gauntlet and invite enemy servants to attack us."

I'm quite taken aback about her confidence to fight without knowledge against our enemies but they're a servant - a vessel of a great hero of the past… whom I know nothing about. I swallow a great deal of shame before asking.

"Forgive me for asking; but what is your identity?"

They pause. That face once confident has reverted back to a passive blankness, almost in disbelief.

"Thank you for confirming my apprehensions. During my summoning, the sequence was interfered with, disrupted. I am not at full capacity and my abilities have been disrupted and reduced as to what they would normally be in this class."

Lancer is not wrong. Each master shares a level of clairvoyance that can read servants basic parameters and abilities but gazing upon them… it's distorted, Incomplete - even their name is lost. Perhaps my knowledge of my servant will grow the greater our bond becomes.

"Even though you're admittedly weak, you clam you can still fight servants?"

"Absolutely. I have fought at worse handicaps against stronger opponents and survived. This will be no different."

"Can you at least tell me whom or what you are?"

"I am afraid not
    Master
    Emperor
    , I believe it would be best to preserve the secret of my True Name. As you did not know who you summoned it would prevent you giving away any secrets. I can tell you that I am a woman of this nation however, but you can refer to me as whatever pleases you."

My own servant doubts my competence as a Master. As insulting as this is, I cannot deny they may be right. Although they've been weakened, they still claim to be strong and talented enough to face servants with no problem and I am somewhat caught up in it all, I want to believe them.

All in all, it boils down to my decision here.

1). Lay low and find a new place to take shelter.
    2). Gather supplies and wait to declare a challenge to invite servant to combat.
    3). Begin the search to find my father.
    4). Begin espionage.
    5). Write in!

Optional Command Seal Actions:

1. Reveal her identity
    2. Write in!

========================================

Expect a quick mock-up profile written up for our very own Lancer tomorrow given how little
    Seigi
    We
    know about her, I'd do it today but I don't have quite the time.

Bonus point if you write down how you would take these options in a plan.

Even more bonus points if you take the FC and make a short little Avi for her so I can use it more often.

Also now we have command seals, they'll be a bonus reoccurring option now as well alongside regular choices we make now.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; May 2nd, 2017 at 05:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Spearwaifu has a point here, no use in trying to stay in a destroyed house.
    Even if she's confidant, she's also kind of amnesiac and could be overestimating herself. Let's go find a new pad.
    ​1.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    1, no seals
    canon finish apo vol 3

1. Establishing a new base of operations seems like our best bet for now. Using a command seal here seems a waste and likely would strain the relationship.
    We could involve Risa a bit, ask if she's aware of any possible safe places. Maybe our new servant can scout around for a bit.

Does this work for you Hermes?

1, then barring other circumstances we can look for dad.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1, we should get ourselves back on stable footings before we go tackle the rest of the War. Assuming everything goes swimmingly well, let's follow 4Score's advice and look for our dad and hopefully get some answers.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    I'll go with 4- go find dad.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Does this work for you Hermes?
    That's actually perfect, cheers!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Final note before the next update, the limited information Seigi can perceive has been made into a short profile sheet at the OP.