Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dang, no skill blurbs. Well, wind should narrow it down a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Dang, no skill blurbs. Well, wind should narrow it down a bit.
    Keep working on that bond level and that may change

I see we have dat lancer luck tho

boy oh boy

Blog Entries
    -Lancer
    -"canon" female
    -Japanese
    -All this emperor stuff
    -MR that low
    Even if my suspicions are correct and she's recent, she's got some p good stats anyways. Generic skills but that's for the best.

Edit: Never mind I'm like 95% sure I know who it is
    Last edited by Ail Don; May 3rd, 2017 at 06:19 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nomikata Manor Ruins
    Morning - Unknown

"From what I can examine about you Lancer, you certainly are powerful. If it's true and you're usually in a stronger state then you'd truly be unstoppable… But Lancer's not at full strength with Risa and me all but defenceless."

I have faith in Lancer's abilities but in terms of magic, I'm outmatched. Between the three of us, I'm possibly the biggest liability in combat. As a Servant; Lancer is at a level I probably will never attain, even though she possesses minimal resistance - she can crush my skull with her bare hand. With Risa, I've never seen her fight but she comes from a longer lineage than I do - she's got more magical circuits than me and at higher quality too. I need to be protected; much like a King on a chessboard I am one of the weakest pieces but if I die, then we lose.

Lancer simply nods in agreement with me. Despite her unwavering confidence in herself, she is still following my command without question.

"Understood, I shall work with this one to secure a base of operations."

Risa seems a somewhat disgruntled by that comment. Perhaps what these two need is a bonding session; maybe we all do, and we can't afford to be at each other's throats. I can tell Risa is thinking along a similar line as me as I can see her face is struggling to repress a scowl.

"Lancer's right. I've a good knowledge of the residual area so can pick a place to rest best. What we really need is a place to be invisible. I know a few places we can crash at but given our resources, it might be best if we keep on the move. The way we are, we're sitting ducks so I advise that we get going right now."

Risa gestures to the left and shows she's already packed her bag.

"I've gotten all the bare essentials and everything I could pull together from Mr Nomikata's workshop. Seigi, me and you can disappear while Lancer takes spirit form for the moment."

It would appear that Risa's already planned for this eventuality. There aren't many people who have a disaster bag around in case of the house exploding, but then again we've lived different lives. Or maybe I'm simply that disorganised.

"Thanks, it seems like you got everything under control. Can I take a moment before I join you?"

I walk away before Risa replies. I need some time to myself, there's someone I can't get out of my head. I've been thinking about my father. He was always hounding me, berating me, focusing as he honed his 'tool' for the use of house Nomikata but he is the family. I realise I've only been a tool for his use but right now I need him.

He has the family crest. If he dies with it in his possession then everything we've all does is erased. Furthermore I can't help but he's the key to my dreams the thing's. The people who call me my brother, he needs to answer what that means. If I'm the only child he and my mother have had, how can I have siblings?

After looking around his room, I can't find any personal effects for him. Not even a shitty diary.

Anyways, after dusting myself off and straightening myself up in a fresh set of clothes I leave the building with Risa as Lancer has already vanished. It's easier than I expected to leave that building as this wandering pair of magi walk out of the house and make our way forward, darting all over the place, twisting and turning back on ourselves and crouching down to "Tie our shoes" to makes sure we were lost in the crowd.

We walk in silence.

It's a little awkward.

But to be honest, it's easier than trying to talk about something.

What would I even talk about?

Anyways, as we make our way through the city, Risa leads me to an apartment complex. The room is… well it's less than stellar. There are only three rooms; washroom, kitchen and what I guess by process of elimination to be the living room.

After unpacking, I make my way to the living room and set everything out. There's only a single futon and a TV on cinderblocks so making room for the mystic codes we could salvage is easy enough. Afterwards, Risa and I begin construction of a Bounded Field, it's the best we could do given the circumstances, the task takes a fair portion of the waking day as we construct sigils around the complex to strengthen it and make it more difficult to pinpoint our position even if they were to deduce we were here, an easily detected Bounded Field is the sign of a third-rate magus. We're less defended but we're harder to find and I suppose that makes it worth it.

When work is finished, Lancer materialises once more in physical form.

"
    Master
    Emperor
    . The area is secure. I've detected a few low level familiars within a few miles, should we bide out time we could track them back to their lair."

Risa shakes her head in response. "I'm still not certain, we're still too low on supplies for my liking and we should find your father to recover what we can for him."

Lancer is clearly strong, otherwise she would not keep suggesting combat, but there are a few trails we may need to follow to stop the leads to Father getting cold.

However as I think that, I feel my stomach roar loudly to the point where Risa gives a now rare giggle. It's late in the afternoon and I haven't had anything to eat all day. It's no matter, I've gone a few days without eating in the recent months and at least I finally shaved.

The decision is still mine for the time being.

1). Follow the trail of familiars.
    2). Perform recon at the family manor to try and find trails on Father.
    3). Eat food and just try and chat with everyone.
    4). Write in!

3 Command Seals remain.

I really don't think our situation is good enough to be taking outright aggressive action just yet.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    canon finish apo vol 3

Let's take the Shirou approach, worked out well enough for him

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3. A man's gotta eat!!!

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Hidey Hole
    Evening - Unknown

After listening to what the two women have to say and I must admit both are right in some way: We need to make a move to establish ourselves in the little murder hierarchy but we also need to recover what was lost. However there is an underlying problem that's going to cripple us - we neither know nor trust each other, we need to build bonds in order to survive.

I stand back up and without uttering a word walk straight to the kitchen to see what we have in stock. Admittedly I don't exactly have many recipes under my belt but I like to think what I can good is well enough, unfortunately we understandably don't have too much in stock and I have no experience with most flavourings and spices, but there are a few things here I can work with.

Taking a bag out, I open it up and throw the contents on a tray I put in the oven - that takes care of half the meal for us three. Looking into the fridge, I pull out a thick cod loin to cook. Grabbing the only pan that we seem to have, I lightly coat the base of the frying pan in olive oil and place the pan in a medium heat. After allowing it to heat through I season the cod with lemon and garlic before placing it skin-side down in the pan with enough care as to not burn my skin on anything. After letting the aroma fill the air for a few minutes I keep frying the fish till a nice golden crisp before dishing up and serving with lightly salted chunky cut chips. Now if only I had a cup of Earl Grey to drink afterwards and it would almost be like I never left Clock Tower back in England.

Risa's eyes are dilating a fair amount and her hands appear to be fidgeting like an impatient child but before I make any judgement I have to remember she skirted by without a penny to her name. Lancer however looks with a blank emotionless expression, speaking in that robotic tone of hers.

"
    Emperor
    Master
    , you do know that I don't actually require sustenance like this, I only require your mana that you already supply."

Risa actually looks like she's been deeply insulted by that phrase and scoffs in response but it's that kind of stuff I want to address. Regardless of Lancer's protests, I hand her a dish of food. It's more of a request than a command but when she sees my intentions for her to join us in eating she takes the place without question. Risa is eagerly shoving as much in her face as she can, but she's gone as long without food as I have meanwhile Lancer is just looking at the fish quizzically after having a small bite.

"It's a different flavour pallet than I'm used to…"

After swallowing my last bite I turn a head to the warrior maiden and that statement has piqued my interest. That's the closest thing to a personal opinion I've gotten from her, her voice had hesitation - I need to keep pushing.

"So then, do you have a preference with food?"

After starting on some of the chips, Lancer pauses to finish her mouthful.

"That is not the case; I'll eat just about anything you give me. The flavours are just new."

Risa takes the opportunity to reach over for a chip but before I've an opportunity to react, Lancer reaches over in an instant and grabs her wrist in a firm grim. After the two women lock a gaze for a few moments, Lancer lets go as swiftly as she took hold of the other woman. Risa still reaches for a chip and waves it at me accusingly.

"Alright Seigi, why don't you tell us some things about yourself?"

"Risa, we've lived together about two months. You know everything about me and my life."

"Pfft, I'm talking about the personal stuff. Juicy gossip and all that crap, you want us to open up then you get talking first."

I give a slight sigh in resignation. If it's what I need to do to get these two to trust each other, then I'll bite the bullet. So I talk.

I talk about how the first time I tried wine I drunk an entire bottle of wine in a single sitting and gave my former roommate Reiner enough ammunition to mock me for months on end. I joke about how I buy double the amount of confectionery nowerdays as I give half to Risa and how due to the nature of Clock Tower mages how the Nomikata name has only been used as a joke - hotheads with no legacy yet my father impressed everyone in his time and how I managed to beat up a significantly more powerful opponent in front of everyone with use of strategy. I tell them that for better or for worse, I've made our name known by spitting in the face of those who looked down on us and dared them to actually do something. And it feels… good.

We only have one bottle of alcohol and I doubt that the sake will go with the dish but we can all drink it afterwards however after taking absent minded sips between the three of us, we're already half way.

Lancer gestures towards Risa and gives Mrs Mol-Undi her first smile.

"I believe it was your turn to talk now."

Taking the bait, Risa takes a sip of Sake and starts waving her last chip like a baton as she spoke.

"Well let's see… Seigi hasn't mentioned romance so I'll just assume he's had none-"

Harsh.

"- as for me it's mostly just been limited to my old family's cleaning staff in secret. Nothing serious serious. Just several minutes I'd steal away every few days with someone in a dark corner of the house. So, what about you Lancer? You got any juicy secrets?"

Well aside from learning that Risa has a thing for butlers and/or maids, this is good as it's going to at least get Lancer to open up about something. However Lancer's expression doesn't change at all.

"I'm afraid not, my life held no illicit nature. I was married and that person was…"

The warrior freezes in place. Through her expression remains as unchanging as ever, I can see her eyes darting from place to place, battling a conflict within herself. After taking the bottle of Sake and taking a less-than-healthy drink from it she continues.

"There was someone close to me. She was a friend; kind, caring and beautiful but I was not. The more she tried to get to know me the more I pushed which only made her care more. I cared only about my task of subjugation, I lived like a weapon but she never ordered me around or considered me just a living weapon. She…"

Lancer's trembling, we've pushed onto a sore spot. Her hands are shaking and it may be the alcohol but her eyes are welling up. I reach out and place a hand on her shoulder.

"Do you want to stop?"

She shakes a tear from her face and reverts back to her former state.

"
    Emperor
    Master
    , please let me fight tonight."

Risa stands and helps up Lancer as well, a mute gesture but still meaningful as an olive branch. Now somewhat full and mildly intoxicated the fresh air will probably do me and Risa some good. Anyways, inactivity at this point may be dangerous. However no matter what we do, we'll have less time to do it.

1). Follow the trail of familiars.
    2). Perform recon at the family manor to try and find trails on Father.
    3). Declare a challenge and let people come to us.
    4). Screw it, do nothing.
    5). Write in

3 Command Seals Remain

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm going on holiday so there won't be a update for about a week.

Also I'll add a Key Words section for Lancer to keep track of clues.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, is that a wiff of Yuri I'm detecting in Lancer's reminiscing over her past friend? Certainly makes me curious as to her identity, in any case...

As for the actual choice, I'll go with my pals Zh and 4score and pick 2. Uncaring jerk or not, Nomikata Sr.'s still our dad (who apparently has no actual name?) and leaving him for dead isn't exactly son of the year behavior...

The girl wants a fight huh

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Hmm, is that a wiff of Yuri I'm detecting in Lancer's reminiscing over her past friend? Certainly makes me curious as to her identity, in any case...

As for the actual choice, I'll go with my pals Zh and 4score and pick 2. Uncaring jerk or not, Nomikata Sr.'s still our dad (who apparently has no actual name?) and leaving him for dead isn't exactly son of the year behavior...
    Plus he's actually competent, and we could always use another guy to help us out. Probably worth the hassle.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'm not confirming anything right now but I'll keep dropping clues every now and then till someone makes the move to deduce Lancer's identity.

Blog Entries

Also, is Lancer
    Spoiler:
    Empress Jingu or Tomoe Gozen

He already did Jingu. The second one is a good guess though.