Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    D I need to destroy it but I need to learn how to control it to surivive the Grail War so i'll destroy it after
    % and ! He's my father and I should hear why he did it from him but if I don't like it I'll kill him
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

You's D
    %

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not really an update:

Considering my current workload, the fact my upload rate has now dropped down to once a month, several other projects I’m involved with and the fact I’ve already rewritten the next update a few times and I’m still not happy with it... I doubt the next segment will be up till January.

So in the meantime i’ll Hold a Q&A for those who are interested for December.

Assuming we've managed to avoid some or at least one dead end, which choice would've killed us and how would we have died?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Assuming we've managed to avoid some or at least one dead end, which choice would've killed us and how would we have died?
    There were none in the prologue or interlude but it would have been possible to lock out Risa as an ally or make her a potential enemy, just think of all the times she's helped out.

Day 1 Part 4, Come forth to this world. Rejecting Lancer and relinquishing your right as master would have weakened the already fragile contract and the familiar that attack the Nomikata Household would have killed Seigi and Risa.

Day 2 Part 6, Battle at the Bridge - VS "Justice" 1. Options 2 and 3 which involved staying on the bridge without Lancer would have resulted in death. Justice would have ordered Saber to impale Seigi and his body would have slid of the blade into the river, Lancer would have attempted to save him but would have dissipated mid-leap, leaving Risa alone in the war.

Day 3 Part 2, Sideways Handshake. Attempting to kill Caster and Atsusui in their territory would have failed miserably - Lancer would be snuck up on by Caster, Risa would be attacked by undead constructs and while both were distracted Atsusui would have killed Seigi through (SPOILER METHODS)

Day 4 Part 6, Kiss Kiss Infiltration. Rudeness to Caster would have resulted in her not healing Seigi, Corrin would have pulled himself together with his hemomancy and watched Seigi bleed out before moving onto Risa and everyone else. ALSO, not checking in on Lancer would have resulted her not coming when called, so y'all prevented a future Dead End there.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why didn't Saber pursue Seigi down the river?

And what did the different cards represent?
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Why didn't Saber pursue Seigi down the river?

And what did the different cards represent?
    The first is a spoiler reason which may or may not be explored depending if we progress in that direction.

As for the cards, they represented who Caster would be. I had three I just couldn't pick between so I made the tarot depict the Caster candidate who you all selected as a result. All 3 worked well with Atsatsui and weren't randomly picked cause I thought they were 'cool'. And no, I haven't put them in the CaS thread yet as it may potentially spoil the identity of Quest Caster

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The first is a spoiler reason which may or may not be explored depending if we progress in that direction.
    ACTUALLY!

There is one thing that I can say, he ‘doesn’t like killing kids

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post

As for the cards, they represented who Caster would be. I had three I just couldn't pick between so I made the tarot depict the Caster candidate who you all selected as a result. All 3 worked well with Atsatsui and weren't randomly picked cause I thought they were 'cool'. And no, I haven't put them in the CaS thread yet as it may potentially spoil the identity of Quest Caster
    oh good to know
    i thought it was like a literal social link thing

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So yeah another question. You know how families in the clocktower all have ranks that might be separate to one's personal rank
    What are the families ranks for all these characters so far whose families have been introduced.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    So yeah another question. You know how families in the clocktower all have ranks that might be separate to one's personal rank
    What are the families ranks for all these characters so far whose families have been introduced.
    By all means, keep asking!
    Now I don’t 100% remember the names of the ranks and stuff at the moment so correct me if I’m wrong but here they are:

Nomikata - Rank 6 Count on the verge of Cause, at the 4th generation the young family is beginning to mature and the current living members can all be considered ‘Average Magi’. However as every generation head has had a different focus (1st was an eternal apprentice, 2nd was something of a jack of all trades with a leaning towards necromancy, Father has his Baby Factory and Seigi has Nigredo) it’s preventing them from growing further as a result.

Mol-Undi - Risa was the second child and not the heir, so when she bailed and changed her name she effectively started over and is Rank Seven Frame. Despite having some access to some advanced techniques as well as good circuits and mystic codes as seen, she doesn’t possess a crest so technically is a newbie. I can confirm that her original family though not aristocratic, was once enough to be Four Fes.

Corvella - Powerful aristocrats they may be, they are not on the level of lords, not yet at the absolute elite levels like the Archibald family, they’re still old and strong enough. They currently are around the level of Rank 3 Pride.

Charisk - They are a subservient family to the corvellas and are technically at Rank 5 Cause though their abilities are above that as we have seen with their precise level of Hemomancy, if Corrin had actually known the nature of Seigi’s abilities the battle would have ended quite differently. For further reading, please consult Hermes Suplimentary Materials (The Create-a-Mage contest entry)

Nothing is currently known about the wanderer who calls himself “Justice” or the young hermit Atsusui Kitshitoba

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if it was already confirmed, but how many "attempts" were made before Seigi was created?
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Not sure if it was already confirmed, but how many "attempts" were made before Seigi was created?
    I cannot give an exact number because Seigi will have to ask Father for that (should you all choose to do so) but here is an estimate in the Nomikata quest for a ‘Designer Baby’

1950~60 - 1 Stillborn,
    1964 - First live child born, a girl called Aoi. Killed by Nomikata Sr four years later.
    1965~1980 - Unknown amount of children born. Given an estimated lifespan as Aoi, each one would have 4 years more or less. Given the time needed to carry out another birth, approximately 2-5 children were failed attempts pre-Seigi.
    1980~88 - With patience growing short, children are immediately recycled should they show no aptitude. Another 2-3 approx.
    1988 - Seigi is born and mother Rei dies in childbirth.

So between 6 and 10. Out of all the children living or dead, only Aoi’s name has been recorded by Nomikata Sr is the remains of his log.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ryuudo Temple Interior
    Night

As Rider picks up the magus killer bridal style and dissipates in a sparkle of blue light, I stop. We’ve now lost the element of surprise, or at least I have. My mana levels are replenishing at a fast rate thanks to the kindness of a foe that by all means should have killed me and ended my threat to her there and then.

As my wounds stitch themselves back together, feeling the magical needles sewing my down together, the pain is dull but a reminder.

“I should be dead.”

With the weight of the events that just occurred, I remember fathers lessons. He hasn’t been good for much in my life, but he taught me the first absolute steps to be a magus; be elegant and be discrete. This way you shall never reveal your secrets. Stay calm and resolute, you will build a path forward.

So I breathe and I think.

My first priority is myself. I’m alive, my wounds are more or less gone and my magical energy, though not at its maximum is satisfactory all things considered. In regards to Nigredo, further combat analysis, it requires energy of mine to break down physical and magical matter. It can be used as an almost instant action when I can comprehend my target and can bypass the counting system but that is inefficient and uses more energy which my average levels cannot take too much of. Therefore I can probably do more than five in succession but any further would put my body in dangerous levels of… well, danger. I was lucky that that the Corvella’s pet Magus Killer, Corrin, was given no information regarding my abilities. However I’ve used it twice, once on Justice and again here. Now unless Reiner was absolutely incompetent which I know he is not, he probably has means of survalence, meaning that it won’t work as a surprise attack – which has been my greatest strength thus far in combat. He will likely attack me in a way I cannot defend myself from effectively now.

As I am currently alone, I am most vulnerable. I need allies, as kind as Rider was, she is no ally and I cannot afford to make that mistake. Therefore I need to find Risa and Lancer. My original target was to obtain and release my father but in properly weighing my options, he’s low on my priority list in many ways.

I have to move.

Sending one last message to Lancer

“It’s Nomikata, I’ve dealt with a threat but they know I’m here. Please respond.”

Y..*s

Yes
    Master
    Emperor
    , present. You’ve been injured, currently awaiting orders

It's so reassuring to hear her voice.

“Maintain surveillance, the Corvella’s know nothing about you at all, keep that edge. If you can get to either Risa or myself then do so.”

That seems to be the best course of action.

I run upstairs through the hallways to - given the lighting, to the opening near daybreak. It must be getting close to the morning, perhaps 5 or 6 am? I’m losing track of time.

But…

If Corrin gets back up and grabs a hold of me, I’m dead. If Reiner forces Rider to attack me, I’m dead.

Having reached the top of the stairs, I hear noise, the sound of fire and thunder. Now whether it be curiosity, so called tactical analysis or a death wish, I move to investigate. Now I would move slowly but with the roars of energy and clashes of metal against each other my own volume is muffled in comparison. Finding the strength to run, I move.

I was stupid.

Of course it’s not close to dawn. It was the light given off by the two servants duelling.

In the opening, I see Rider standing alone. Opposite her, I see Atsusui and for the first time, a good look at Caster.

Curious. I can’t get a read on them at all, everything from their parameters and appearance is covered in shadow.

Without Lancer’s assistance, I cannot hear either of them. But I can see Atsusui, he looks as frail as ever and apparently still dressed in that strange hybrid of hospital garb or pajamas. If we survive this, I’m going to buy him a suit, let him know what real clothes are.

Then again they have their own charm, but that might just be him.

I can see him talking to Rider. He slowly but surely raises his arm as if issuing a command, then aggressively points towards Rider.
    Then it begins.

A wave of Atsusui’s hand and a pillar of earth instantly sends him into the air and onto the rafters of the empty temple courtyard.
    And the servants fight.

Caster immediately begins flight, using the aerial mobility to their advantage, moves quickly and fires missiles of fire each being the size of a person the from their fingertips nigh-instantly – either the canting speed is intense or perhaps there is a bypass being used, the divine words?

Each bolt pack tremendous power with me feeling the heat even from this distance with the first one roaring down upon Rider with what must be an A-Ranked attack. It detonates and entombs Rider in a vortex of flame.

But.

I can still feel her power.

As quickly as it came, the inferno is dispelled with a gale of wind from Riders hand followed by what I presumed to follow was an insult.
    Looking closer, I see a faint glow on Caster’s hands as they descend downward and make a three-point landing, cracking the earth below. The embers begin to slow, then halt, then grow then with a final burst rain back down on Rider again.

This time, she makes a pre-emptive move. Multiple thaumaturgy circles appear on the ground and fire beams of light upward towards each meteor with the two attacks cancelling each other out in an explosion of light.

Wow.

And I thought I was outclassed earlier.

These are two magi clearly equalling those from the Age of Gods. Rider’s a magecraft practitioner, equal to that of the Caster class while Caster is on a level that no mage of this time can ever hope to reach.

Yes, I’ve definitely seen enough.

As I move back into the building, one last stray thought crosses my mind. Casters magical system. The glow on the hand was the incantation itself. It must have either been an Egyptian Glyph or a Nordic Rune. With a level of self-satisfied smugness, I leave to the building.

Too…

"Peasant"

Ah, shit.

Dialogue to Reiner Corvella

1). Say nothing
    2). Be polite
    3). Be rude
    4). Flirt
    5). Write in!

Plan of Immediate Action

1). Fight Reiner with intention to win whatever the cost
    2). Fight Reiner with intention to survive above all else
    3). Fight him in a tactical way that leaves an opening before exploiting it
    4). Fucking leg it mate, he's way stronger
    5). "Save me Atsusui Senpai!"
    6). Write in!

In regards to Lancer

1). Call her to your side straight away (Costs one command spell)
    2). Call her to save your life only if you're about to die. (Costs one command spell)
    3). Call her to put down Reiner now (Costs one command spell)
    4). Make her fetch father as you know where he is (Costs one command spell)
    5). Make her fight Rider, she clearly is beating Caster at their own game (Costs one command spell)
    6). Stick to current orders, she'll come of her own volition if needed.
    7). Write in!

3 Command Spells Remain

================================================== ====

Depressive relapse ended and workload reduced greatly.

GUESS WHOSE READY TO BE PRODUCTIVE AGAIN!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    4, 5 (double team him), 2

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; December 15th, 2017 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    322. Rider and Caster seem to be taking care of each other for now, so we might as well try to settle the score with Reiner one-on-one. Keep our Command Seals close in hand to summon Lancer if anything goes wrong though.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!