Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 222730313233343742 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As interesting as it'd be to pick 2 and play Risa out to avenge her dead boyfriend (and maybe finding comfort in the arms of his former Servant?), I've grown to like Seigi too much to jettison him entirely.

would probably make the most tactical sense, seeing as the trouble started when Risa got embarrassed by the threesome and ran away. If we'd just told her to stay behind and that it was dangerous to wander off on her own Seigi wouldn't have needed to go look for her and the whole trouble would've been averted. Still though, as Rafflesiac said, I'd be sad for the bonding we had with Lancer to be undone.

So in the end, I'll go with 3 and wager everything on an unknown chance of Seigi surviving. Maybe not the most logical decision, but it appeals to me the most sentimentally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Happy Birthday to you
    Can we do a combination of 2 and 3
    Kind of like in a video game where your main party members are taken hostage and you play a secondary character or a former midboss until you save them.
    And I would choose Master A for that role
    because
    A) He's called the Lifesaver
    B) If the Daily Ritual is such a hard place how did Seigi get a reservation? How did Yorkie get one? There's something here to explore.
    C) Dandy gentleman protag are nevers in Quests
    D) Hardcore coffee
    E) Annerbhe is and isn't in Fuyuki. Maybe Master A and George are friends?
    Wasn't Adelbert back in Clock Tower? As cool as it'd be for him to show up, what reason would he have to be out in Japan?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Wasn't Adelbert back in Clock Tower? As cool as it'd be for him to show up, what reason would he have to be out in Japan?
    B) If the Daily Ritual is such a hard place to get a reservation how did Seigi get a reservation? How did Yorkie get one? There's something here to explore.
    Last edited by You; June 25th, 2018 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    B) If the Daily Ritual is such a hard place to get a reservation how did Seigi get a reservation? How did Yorkie get one? There's something here to explore.
    Ahnenerbe has only shown up in extra and gag stories, so I see it as having the same blurry canonicity as Tiger Dojo or all of Carnival Phantasm. In other words, while the characters and their interactions are authentic, the setting itself is almost certainly a metafictional conceit rather than anything supposed to exist in the "real" TM universe. Bringing it in as a plot-point now would be a serious ass-pull IMO.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ahnenerbe has only shown up in extra and gag stories, so I see it as having the same blurry canonicity as Tiger Dojo or all of Carnival Phantasm. In other words, while the characters and their interactions are authentic, the setting itself is almost certainly a metafictional conceit rather than anything supposed to exist in the "real" TM universe. Bringing it in as a plot-point now would be a serious ass-pull IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by knk 3
    Ahnenerbe turns out to be an antique cafe. I check the name written in German and go inside. It's past noon but there aren't many customers inside. I don't know how they built it, but it is dark inside. Only the tables near the door are lit - the back of the cafe, with the counters, is rather dark. The only light is coming through the four square windows in the walls. The tables by those windows are also lit, as if cut out of the darkness. Maybe it's because of the strong sunlight but the contrast feels rather majestic. Kokutou Azaka is sitting at the table in the very back. Two girls in western-style uniform are waiting for Mikiya, side by side.
    Ahnernerbe being the Mahou Tsukai no Hako in Starlit Marmalade where Hibiki and Chikagi and Keitai-san work.

Alliance of the Illusionary Eyes is pretty much all set in Ahnenerbe.

The Medea stalking Kuzuki and Taiga scene in Hollow Ataraxia being set in Ahnenerbe establishing that Lancer is an Ahnernerbe waiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Knk 9
    I’m not the important one here, I just have to worry about this girl – that’s what his voice said. A voice, more so than an image, can make my mind dizzy – it’s an affinity I have originating from a previous life.

“Maybe we take a break at that cafe up ahead, if it’s all right with you. You must be tired, too.”

He was pointing to a fortress-like cafe, with a hanging sign in German. Um, I think it’s read Ahnenerbe. It seemed like a stern place, but that’s still much better than talking while standing up.

“Um, yes. T-Thank you very much!”

I held back those shameful, overflowing tears of mine, and nodded.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsukihime
    "Th, that's not it! What are you saying, Tohno-kun!?"

…… I just recalled the data I collected during our lunches in the tea ceremony room until now, and just gave a personal opinion.

"I agree with Inui-kun. Let us all go out to eat. There is a place by the movie theater called Ahnenerbe that I heard has great strawberry pie."

"Oh, you know your places, Senpai! The owner of that cafe is a master of Italian cooking!"

…… Why does Arihiko know so many rumors and useless information?
    Ahnenerbe has only shown up in extra and gag stories

the setting itself is almost certainly a metafictional conceit rather than anything supposed to exist in the "real" TM universe.

Last edited by You; June 26th, 2018 at 01:04 AM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Technically that only confirms there's a café named Ahnenerbe in the Nasuverse, not that all the weird multidimensional stuff is true. But fair enough. I should've phrased my post as a question ("Has Ahnenerbe only shown up in extra and gag stories?") rather than an assertion. Not sure what the last part of your post is trying to convey though, since the last two images aren't loading for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Technically that only confirms there's a café named Ahnenerbe in the Nasuverse, not that all the weird multidimensional stuff is true.
    Well in the first Drama CD Ahnernerbe is said to be owned by Zelretch and its known as the Magician's Box.
    But my point is that Master A would completely be justified being in japan, in Ahnernerbe if
    1. There's a grail war going on in fuyuki
    2. He has a link to Seigi or Yorkie
    3. He was friends with Joji/George, considering they both work in magical coffee shops
    Last edited by You; June 26th, 2018 at 01:50 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can we do a combination of 2 and 3
    Kind of like in a video game where your main party members are taken hostage and you play a secondary character or a former midboss until you save them.
    And I would choose Master A for that role
    Master A is Sunny's character so although I got her permission for the earlier scene, I'd have to double check regarding extended cameo's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    same, liar man, same

Also did he just blow a Command Seal?

- - - Updated - - -
    I kept that nice and ambiguous for you all.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Raff's 1A.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Master A is Sunny's character so although I got her permission for the earlier scene, I'd have to double check regarding extended cameo's.
    Just dropped Sunny a message to see if she's down for that, I'll keep people up to date with options.

If we pick 1B, do we start at the very start a la character creation, the first choice or can we pick a choice we want to change, for example the Risa Route choice, Day X choice Y

And is You's 2 to 3 a possible choice?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    If we pick 1B, do we start at the very start a la character creation, the first choice or can we pick a choice we want to change, for example the Risa Route choice, Day X choice Y

And is You's 2 to 3 a possible choice?
    1A is any point but Raff and spartacus seem to lean more towards starting the day over again. 1B is back into the prologue with Seigi, I had some things planned and I don't have it in me to ditch it all for a new character.

As for You's 2 to 3, if I get the OK from Sunny then yes.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If Sunny goes through with the request, then I'll jump to You's 2/3 Combo. Let's be fair, a pseudo-side story of rescuing our protag is pretty cool and interesting story-wise. The Dandy part makes it 3 times better.

If Sunny doesn't, then I'll just stick with Raff's 1A for the sake of exploring other possibilities.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    1A is any point but Raff and spartacus seem to lean more towards starting the day over again. 1B is back into the prologue with Seigi, I had some things planned and I don't have it in me to ditch it all for a new character.

As for You's 2 to 3, if I get the OK from Sunny then yes.
    MHMMMMM

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    MHMMMMM
    Might have been a little understatement...

Setting, (current and potentially to come) characters, story/character arcs, plot twists and at least 1 jumping the shark moment.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    If it happens, I also jumping ships to You's.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sunny has given the thumbs up! Just ironing out a few things but the coffee gentleman dandy is available for the position of temporary protagonist.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Naisu, God bless you and Sunny.

Blog Entries
    In that case, I'll change my vote to that. Rescue mission arc with coffee dandy sounds like fun.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah this is gonna be a wild ride
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries

Accurate representation of my reaction when reached out to.

W-well, if it does happen, I have the utmost faith in Hermes. -nodnod- And I'll be looking forward to seeing the result, no matter what the final decision is. ^^;

Signature by fumato