Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 45678111656 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

Blog Entries
    I for one believe that no good will come with either messing with Reiner nor trying to reason with him. From what we know, he isn't someone who listen to those beneath him nor will he take our pranks kindly. I'm all for showing him who's boss but honestly at this stage he is a waste of our time. If possible, I'd suggest avoiding him as much as possible. Perhaps it would best for the upcoming war to not even go back to our room. See if we can find someone else to live for a bit. Maybe even crash at our bestie, Risa's, place.

With that in mind 1B

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Hopefully Reiner actually has SOME redeeming qualities... Although the chance of it is somewhat unlikely.
    I mean, even Shinji canonically has some redeeming qualities. Doesn't change the fact that he's a total dick.

And to be frank, if this "Reiner" guy is half the jerk we think he is, he'd probably take a letter like Draconic suggested as more a confession of weakness then anything. Compromising with bullies never goes well.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Currently at a tiebreaker between revenge pranking and a compromising letter.

Blog Entries
    Yea ok. I switch to revenge pranking.

Tie broken

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Clocktower
    Morning

My thought process is simple, if I'm entering a death game, the ability to fight is probably going to be helpful.

As I change into my gym wear, I briefly think of Reiner. It was likely that today would be my last day seeing him so I decide to make it… memorable. Yes, that's the right choice of words to use. As I enter his bedroom, I'm grateful for my lack of action against him - the man never bothered to put up protective wards against me, assuming I'd just stew in my misery.

Looking under his bed, I see that he has a small locked chest. The lock itself is simple enough to break with a suitable spell and I pull out what appears to be piece of bone covered in dried blood. I admit to giving a grunt of disappointment. I was hoping for something embarrassing or personal, something blackmail material worth but my face lights up as a thought comes across me.

Perhaps this could be a catalyst? Was Reiner planning on entering? Either way, his humiliation would be tantamount and beneficial to me. So all the better I take it for my own then.

I have another fantastic idea, a stroke of inspiration if you will. I take my clock and put it in the case, replacing the artefact for ironic reasons, the best of reasons. With my vengeance complete, I pack my bags and leave the room. Probably for the last time.

Upon entering the room, I see Risa waiting for me, and another unfortunately familiar face. It was attached to an equally unfortunate individual.

"Peasant."

Seriously, what kind of arrogant douche calls people that these days? The needlessly extra sway in his hips his to get his longcoat to flow that little bit more, the tilted up expression he constantly had just so he could look down on you. I restrain a sigh and reply to him.

"What do you want Reiner?"

"We share accommodation, your business is mine."

Who the hell even where's longcoats anymore, this isn't the 90's. And the white ones were never even popular to begin with. But with the way I am, I need to strike back at him. I have his artefact.

"To be honest, I've more important things to do than be your whipping boy you entitled snot."

If it was possible, his permanent sneer got even larger.

"Look commoner, we elite have certain entitlements. Now I would have preferred to have never seen your face, our fates are temporarily intertwined. Now you will tell me what you are planning, or I will beat it out of you."

Risa seemed adverse to this, storming over with an indignant look on her face and a vein bulging in her face.

"Hey! I'll have you know that he was at my place."

"The no name has sucked up to the runaway. How predictable, but know this, no matter how hard you struggle, a single generation cannot compare to the wealth of power that is a legacy. It is not enough we maintain power, we must guarantee it, even if it involves stepping on a bug."

That's what does it for me, this arrogant snot hasn't struggled for anything, he's never tried. He's profited from the experience from others. Being born in a wealthy family and inheriting everything is the truly the laziest but regrettably the most effective way to success. I can feel my fist shaking, my rage growing, the heat in my head. My rage. My envy.

I am not a god damn bug!

I can feel Risa's gaze on me, she can feel my anger, I know she can. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that everyone on site known's I'm perpetually negative. Meeting Reiner's glare, we both walk to the centre of a free ring and assume a combat stance. His fists are reaised like a boxer, I've a wider stance karate based stance.

1). Attack Reiner

I don't care if it's not the best idea. I need to fight him. I need to hit him. I'm in lighter gear, while he's dressed up like he's a character in an RPG. I'll be faster but he's clearly confident enough in his ability. I can use his arrogance and lack of swiftness to my advantage. From what I can tell from his posture; orthodox with a guard covering him from the waist up, he'll likely use close range punches.

And his legs are unguarded.

I assume a Kokutsu Datchi back stance, and flare up my magic circuits, casting reinforcement on my entire body. I spring forwards, feeling the earth shatter underneath my charge. With a single leap, I've already closed the distance. Grounding my left leg, I twist my hips to swing my foot at the back off his heel to sweep him off his feet.

"Grr."

Reiner slides his own empowered leg towards mine in mid swing, knocking me of balance for a split second, before I'm able to reassert my stance, he fires of a fist, colliding into my jaw.
    Wincing in pain, I fall to the ground. Feeling the dull thud of the ground, I roll backwards onto all fours. Taking a breath, I stand back up and stare at him. Him and his shit eating grin.

His legs are stronger than I thought, displacing his footing is harder than I thought it would be. He's also faster than I thought or at the very least, my wide movements were just slow and ineffective. Reiner pulls his legs closer and slowly starts to move towards me.

Maintaining my Kokutsu Dachi I likewise move to him and decide to let him take the first move. He shoots off a quick jab with his front facing left fist, likely to scope out my speed. Predicting this, I side step to the left, placing my own left hand out as a block, leaving him in position for my own attack. I switch to a Zenkutsu Dachi front stance and take a half-step forwards, enough room to extend my right arm, delivering a heavy blow into his unguarded flank. Feeling the weight of my fist push into his body, I press harder as he leans into my attack. Pressing my advantage, I take a full step forward and deliver another punch into his ribs. There's enough force in the empowered punch to stagger him. Not letting up, I shift forwards, preparing another attack.

Reiner quickly renews his own stance and swings out a strong right hook with alarming speed. Surprised, I break away from my dash and raise my arm to block with it slamming into tip of my humerus. Shocking pain darts out from my ulnar nerve across my entire arm. We both cringe in pain from the trade of blows but Reiner takes the initiative. I raise my arms to block, but he just keeps striking, again and again and again. I'm too close, I can't counter. But he just, keep hitting.

I falter first, a powerful swing knocking my guard away.

"You're wide open."

It's his turn to beat me down.

The first fist smashes into my stomach. A single blow knocks most of the wind out of me, keeling over, a second fist hits me squarely in the centre of my chest, third a hook catching me at the side of the head. The ground rushes up to meet me and I feel my nose break on impact.
    Mustering all my strength, I bring myself to my knees. My chest is throbbing all over, my head's all a blur with disorientation. But through the haze I can see him Reiner. That dick.

He raises his hand and brings in crashing down, but that was his failing. That gave me the brief window I need, I raise my own empty hand and catch his fist in my own hand. I pour more mana into my body, reinforcing it further and using his immobilised form to keep him in place… for now. Reiner growls in response to my will to keep fighting.

"Tell me what you did."

Regardless of our condition, Reiner is bigger, stronger, has more mana and less injuries. Doesn't hurt that the rich boy paid for a tutor either. I know I cannot last much longer, the next few moves will likely be my last in this bout.
    Pausing a moment, I can hear her. Risa. She was silent before but now, I can just about here her. I can't make out what she's saying, but she's there. She's there. But Reiner is right here in front of me. They'll remember what I do in this moment.

1). Use the last of my strength to outmanoeuvre Reiner and beat him with honour.
    2). Use my cunning tact and analysis to fight dirty.
    3). Call in Risa for an assist to finish him.
    4). Give up and collapse.
    5). Write in!

1. Assuming we can somehow pull this off, beating a bully fair and square is the best way to go
    That said, playing dirty shouldn't be beneath us either.

mhmm, a bone covered in dry blood though

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    5. Drop to the ground, and while his momentum carries him forward, take out the catalyst and destroy it. It's a bloody bone. No good can come of that. We can get a new one. He can't.
    And it's not fighting dirty either.
    Last edited by Draconic; March 20th, 2017 at 08:24 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Have to say, while I didn't vote for it myself, I'm glad we went for the pranking option. Reiner deserves it, especially now that it's revealed just how much of a dick he is.

As for my current vote... I'll go with 1. Resorting to dirty tricks or particularly calling in a bystander to help us out doesn't exactly seem like good sportsmanship...

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB

Sure, but still put up a fight. Squeeze out that we're leaving the clocktower soon by necessity in order to support our collapsing family and maybe Reiner's massive ego will be too busy eating it all up to care about whatever happens afterwards.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Option 1. What's more fun than beating an entitled prick with no nasty tricks involved?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    5. Drop to the ground, and while his momentum carries him forward, take out the catalyst and destroy it. It's a bloody bone. No good can come of that. We can get a new one. He can't.
    psh, it's only a little bit sinister. What's the worst that could happen?

Also why can't he get a new one? he has like money and stuff that we don't have

Blog Entries
    Hmm. Votes seem pretty damn unanimous this time around. I guess kicking that entitled son-of-a-bitch Reiner's ass is one thing everyone here can agree on...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    psh, it's only a little bit sinister. What's the worst that could happen?

Also why can't he get a new one? he has like money and stuff that we don't have
    Besides, we have the catalyst with us and can destroy it at our leisure afterwards. No need to do so right in the middle of pitched combat, risking both losing the fight and alerting Reiner as to our plans...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Clocktower
    Morning

There's no way he's going to give up, I have to take him down.

The sickly smell of iron fills my nose, my vision is blurred by my blood. But I still see him. As he prepares a fist with his free hand, I allow myself to drop. As his hook swings wildly above my head, he's unguarded from the shoulders down.

Launching a punch of my own straight into his relaxed stomach, he keels over as a poor more magical energy into my hand, that and more. I call upon an elemental affinity. Wind. Accelerating all the mana forwards, Reiner's body is rocketed backwards - flying through the sky like a ragdoll and smashing into a structural pillar, screaming the whole way there.

Well, safe to say he took damage from that.

As he falls to the ground, I wait. He's stronger than I'd like to admit but he can pull through. I wait for him to pull himself up and slowly, but surely, he does so. I can see him breathing heavily, with him feeling my fatigue too. His eyes light up and his hands glow red with energy before they're set alight, coating his fists with fire. We look at each other with an understanding for the first time.

One last attack.

We must be one hundred meters apart, with our united charge, I judge we have a few seconds before our blows meet. And on cue, Reiner coils up before launching forwards, I too, begin my rush.

One second. Reiner glides over the broken ground with a single bound, pouring all his energy in turn to this attack. I can only imagine how badly I've hurt his pride, pressing him like this.

Two seconds, Reiner makes a second bound, closing the distance further. I keep running at him and can now see the details on his face. Rage,
    Hatred, Disgust, the emotions have encompassed him entirely. All he wants to do is put me in the ground.

Half a second more, we're in range. Reiner fires a coiled fist straight from his hip and I push some of the last of my energy to side step. The flames shoot forwards, past out of his body as the fireball roars with energy. I can feel the heat and crackle, the presence alone felt like it was searing into my skin. Breaking into a horse stance, Kiba Dachi, I twist my body, and send a thrust kick into him, his jaw pushing out of place as he falls and crumples down to the side.

"I was securing the future of my family, thanks for asking."

With that, I smile, knowing I won.

With that, the last of my magical energy dissipates and darkness consumes me.

There are no dreams.
    I awaken once more in the room of Risa on her bed, tucked comfortably under the familiar cozy blanket. I can just about see through the haze to see her speaking with someone, though my skin crawls when I realise who it is. Father.

1). Speak to Father
    2). Speak to Risa
    3). Say nothing and look around while they think you're asleep.
    4). Write in!

A). Ask about Reiner
    B). Ask about the Catalyst
    C). Ask about Risa's 'taser' book
    D). Ask nothing
    E). Write in!

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    1B
    It's the safe choice.
    but then ask about her taser book.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Click here to toggle visibility of Pixiv image
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    3D

Stay on the downlow. Gather information. This combination is too dangerous right now

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    3D
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

1B

Blog Entries
    Glad to see this has updated again. It'd been a while so I was a little worried. (Not to pressure Hermes or anything, of course)

Anyways, 4 (write-in)- instinctively fistpump the air apropos of nothing and shout "Take that, Reiner! In your smug, stupid face!", then glance back and forth nervously at the reactions our inappropriate outburst must've gathered.