Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 256789121757 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3D; hopefully, we might learn something new.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be honest, I don't really care all that much about this choice.

Chances are that no matter what we pick we're going to get another expository monologue from dad anyway, so I just went with a (sort-of) joke answer for the heck of it.

Blog Entries
    3D

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Clocktower
    Unknown

"M-Morning?"

Looking out of the window dazed, I see no sunlight. I've no clue what the time is, but above all else, I've do clue what Risa and Father are talking about. Regardless, that's a powder keg I don't want to set off.

My body is heavy, it'll probably be a day before my magical energy returns. Maybe going all out to beat Reiner wasn't the best idea but damn did it feel good. Between the beat down and stealing his catalyst (I think at least) I can only imagine his rage.

I slowly climb out of bed… fighting against the unreasonably warm air trying to entrap me, the desire to stay wrapped under the blanket and… oh. I've a headache already. As I pull myself out, a thought dances across my head. The catalyst. Where is it?

Fortunately, I can see my gym bag across the hall. From what I can see, it still looks full, and the two outside are fully engaged. Peaking around the corner, my theory is confirmed, though I still need to check if I have it and find out what they're saying.
    I've been weakened considerably but listening out, I can hear some words just about.

Japan, Grail War, Training

Well I think at least

… So it seems like father is taking Risa along for the ride. With their conversation apparently concluding, I make a break for it. Well break is a strong word, as I waddle out of the room, lift up the bag and stumble back to my room. Did I just say my room? Nevermind.
    Anyways, as I look through my bag, I still see the blood stained bone. Reiner's catalyst - or rather my catalyst now hearing the creak of heavy footsteps as someone goes across the hall to exit. Safe to say whatever happens, this may be my last night in Clocktower for the foreseeable future and training with Father should be starting imminently.

1). Write in!

Well that was unhelpful. Gotta ask if you wanna learn, mates.

1. Let's try and see if we can't figure out what the catalyst is.

- - - Updated - - -

After that, let's make preparations for our imminent training

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Come to think of it this means Reiner knows who our Servant will be. If it's not a powerhouse like Iskandar that'll be a real problem.

1. Identify the catalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Well that was unhelpful. Gotta ask if you wanna learn, mates.
    I admit I didn't expect this to happen. From the initial wording I assumed that Risa and pops were right in the room with us, when it seems they were actually across the hall or something(?). Most likely we're going to be thrown into the thick of things pretty soon anyways so it's not like it really matters, but I would've given a different choice had I known.

I'll go with 4score's vote of 1- identify the catalyst. Maybe unoriginal, but it really does make sense as the next thing to do in this situation.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ... That was disappointing.

Jumping into the train, it's best to identify the catalyst, just to be sure we have a capable Servant.

Lets see who this dry bone fella is, or well, could be

Blog Entries
    Because of the bone, my first wild guess was that it might be Huangdi, the mythical first emperor of China who was associated with oracle bones used for divination. But that doesn't really explain the bloodstained aspect...

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Because of the bone, my first wild guess was that it might be Huangdi, the mythical first emperor of China who was associated with oracle bones used for divination. But that doesn't really explain the bloodstained aspect...
    A bone really isn't a lot to go on. It could pretty much be anyone.

Maybe a saint, because relics are a thing, right?

Blog Entries
    Unless we're god-tier forensic scientists or feel like sneaking back into Reiner's room to see if he left any notes, I don't see how we'd be able to identify the catalyst so easily.
    Daddio is probably pinning his hopes on Risa and an increasing number of people are gonna want our ass dead.

1) Let's secure a place to sleep first

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    1. Identity the catalyst.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Clocktower
    Evening?

Looking at the bone, I take the time to examine it properly.

It's undoubtedly human, probably a broken femur now I look at it. I mean I'm no master of anatomy aside from common knowledge but it looks kind of obvious. As for the blood, I've no idea what it really is. However the blood catches my eyes, now that I am focusing on it, I can detect a very faint magical signature emanating off of it. Perhaps it belonged to a magical beast?

Now I really think about it, some Saints had their bones remain in this world as religious relics. Perhaps a Saint who fought against monsters perhaps? The only ones I can really think of are Saint Martha, Saint George and Margaret the Virgin who combated dragons. Thinking back further to more obscure knowledge, I vaguely remember there was an Emperor of China who used bones in divination, was it Qin Shi Huang?
    As a part of me regrets not looking around further to get more information on the catalyst that was left in our… No, Reiner's room now. I fondly recall that I've basically taken his pride, dignity and catalyst so he's probably lost standing in his family as well. And that makes everything worthwhile now.

Anyways, without proper means of analysis of the catalyst for now, I slump on the bed, having most of my energy being used up for now. With basically every bone in my body aching, I need rest for the next few days.
    Shards of glass lay in darkness.
    Shards reform to a singular pane.
    The pane disintegrates to sand only to reforge to its first state in a pool of fire.
    The ash seeks the embers of blue and red.
    I feel nothing, but tremble in my stead.

The vague ambiguity of my dreams frustrates me to know end. As I awaken, even though I can't see any light I have the feeling in my gut it's morning.

With a knock on the door, I hear Risa walk into the room.

"How are you feeling Seigi?"

"N-ugh. I'll be fine, don't worry."

Risa slowly walked up to the bed before gently sitting down on the side of it and placing a hand on my leg.

"I've some news, your dad heard of what happened came to see you. He was actually pretty happy to hear about what happened."

Questionable. My father probably hasn't been happy a day in his life, I'm pretty sure he must have squinted or passed wind in a way that could have been mistaken for a smile.

"He filled me in on everything that's happening, I've grabbed everything of ours and we're set to fly off to Japan tomorrow. We're both going to be trained by him!"

Risa's clearly excited, she's practically bouncing up and down as she speaks and her voice is progressively getting a higher pitch. I doubt I will ever be able to claim to 'know' my father but I know him better than Risa; chances are that either he'll give up on me and seek her as my replacement or… he mentioned something about recycling magic circuits before. Either way, I can't tell her right now.

I feel less exhausted, so my mana has recovered enough to travel and looking around I can see lots of packed bags and briefcases.

"So, I take it that we're leaving now are we Ris-"

"Today!"

Prompted, Risa pulls out two plane tickets, dated for a few hours time. I suppose it's decided that we're off to Japan for a two month long cram schooling.

All I can hope is that we're flying from Heathrow Airport and not Luton.

END OF PROLOGUE

================================================== ================================================== ===

So yeah, now the prologue is finally over, the Grail War can now start in proper. Anyways I hope you've all enjoyed it so far and please, keep speculating on what's going to happen, it fuels me.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 2nd, 2018 at 06:52 PM.

So we have a broken human thigh bone covered in magical (probably monster) blood.

Hm. I wonder how the blood got there. Maybe a Siegfried scenario or maybe our hero died fighting the monster.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, a Siegfied scenario wouldn't work, would it? Weird.

Blog Entries
    All I'm thinking right now are corpse parts and that's not a good lead.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So what famous people got bitten in the leg?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Current guess: Jing Ke

Both the Saint thing and the Magical Beast thing feel like red herrings. Instead, focusing in on the broken femur, there are a lot of suspects but Jing Ke is mine.

During her/his assassination of Qin Shi Huang, the emperor stabbed her right in the thigh AKA femur. Considering she got stabbed by the goddamn Son of Heaven, first Emperor of China, it's not hard to imagine some magical energy being imbued into the strike and leaving its magical footprint on the attack.

Granted, I somewhat doubt Hermes would pick an already made Servant.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Granted, I somewhat doubt Hermes would pick an already made Servant.
    I ain't.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice guess though.