Lukas Adalbert
    Days 2 - Afternoon
    Fuyuki City – Centre District
    Health:
    Good
    Magical Energy: Great
    Objective: Find Lead on Target!

– I’ll go.

In the Holy Grail War, magi tend to make their move at night in order to maintain secrecy. It has been the general rule of thumb since the original Holy Grail Wars. It makes sense as the general populace are less likely to see you, however it makes you stand out because if you are spotted, then a general assumption can be made and you have essentially become a target. If you wander in during the day however…

Well, let’s just hope the magus here uses humane pest control traps.
    ---

"--What?"

As soon as I enter the pathway into the depths, I feel something rather peculiar. Nothing is missing per-se but a sense of nothing being right assails me.

This feeling, something else is there… A layer of-

A boundary field. A live one.

With my magical circuits currently switch off, it should just read as some animal entering the premises, like a seagull.

I take a step in slowly, carefully moving my feat along the footing, a gentle swirl of waste water ripples by me and the smell of human waste, rot and decay slowly makes it way till fill my nostrils. The smell is like rotten eggs and rotten mile served on a dirty plate with a side order of dog crap and a glass of piss to wash it down.

Upon entering the first thing I note aside from the field and the hideous stench is the air as a whole. Stagnant. Humid. Remains of an intrusion.

Making my way as quietly as possible into the system, natural lighting becomes scares as the hallways are illuminated by only the occasional gap in the ‘ceiling’. The whole landscape is a mess of green, whether it be the filthy water, moss covered walls or rotting piles of junk. Nothing but silence and darkness aside from the sound of water gushing faintly in the distance, growing ever quieter as I left the entrance further and further behind.

This is not a pleasant silence. Not a silence you could appreciate but an ominous one that made you think you were being watched.

Was I being watched?

The water has logged my feet now as all dry footing is gone now and water is now up to my ankles with the walls damp to match now. I can hear a faint slither, no a squeak!

Is my mind playing trick on me?

It must be. Or it isn’t- I don’t know.

The noises become louder now but it is by no means comforting. The echoing, the dripping, the signs of life. It just reminds me that I’m not alone.

[BGM]

I note the twist and turns my route takes as a linear takes me to a dead end, the routes spiral out into a spaghetti like mess, a clear alteration that this magus must have-

Gah - My leg!

I look down and there’s nothing there but I could have sworn I had felt something brush against my leg just not. Probably just a rat. I hope it was just a rat. I push that thought to the back of my head and keep walking as time passes me by. One minute, five minutes, ten, further still.

I find little trail other than something gleaming off into an opening, I venture forth, the water now thick sloshing against my feet as something shimmers in a pile of rubbish and waste. It was an alien light, barely visable in this pile as the light seldom seems to travel here in the dark. I force the waste to the side and the stench assaults my senses all over again and makes me want to hurl but a reach in a pull out –

Curious. It appears to me pure ice but still cold to the touch. Clearly magical in nature. Something to examine later I think to myself as I wipe the filth away the best I can and store it away, still feeling the coldness strike through and chill my body somewhat. As I do however, I see ripples in the water and a thumping in the distance. Continuous, methodical, marching.

Seeking Target, Commence Survey.

The voice is alien and muffled somewhat as if through a wall but with an explosion of sound, I see a fist punch its way through the wall and proceeds to push the rest of the brick and mortar aside as if it was pushing away natural growth.

Through the corner of my eye, I can see it.

Commence Survey.
    DANGER! Choice

Venturing his way into the territory of a Magus, Lukas has found a clue and a threat. How should he proceed. Remember you do not have an escape rope to instantly disappear. Salomonis is active

1. Fight it
    2. Stay still
    3. Run away
    4. Write in?

Wise Up! Quest Master Note

Y'know how I said I'd make the servant profiles open to people? Well now I have.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; April 21st, 2019 at 02:05 PM.

It's over guys, we can't beat Ivan The Terrible

US Friend Code
    2. Hoping for Tyrannosaurus rules here.
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well frick, maybe running straight into enemy territory wasn't the best idea after all. Even without Salomonis to tell us none of the options here seem good, but I'm going to go with Faux's 2. Fighting or running away seem obviously unfeasible given our level of ability, so the best we can do is wait out its next move and hoping there's an opportunity we can exploit.

Blog Entries
    Fortune favors the reckless

3. Nigerundayo

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's just hope he has the speed of Mr. X
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

3. Let's set a mood here :

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll keep votes open a few more days as things may still swing but right now it's leaning more towards one way.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lukas Adalbert
    Days 2 - Afternoon
    Fuyuki City – Centre District
    Health:
    Good
    Magical Energy: Great
    Objective: Find Lead on Target!

Base of Operations Status

Hyatt Hotel

Comfort: Great
    Supplies: Normal
    Defence: Normal

[BGM ON]

I need to leave. Considering how that thing just punched its way through a brick wall, I doubt my skull would last against that monstrosity. The brick tunnels of the sewer leave a wide enough corridor to slip past. I push the hideous sight and smell out of my focus as my vision narrows, all I can perceive is this hallway and this obstruction.

And I run towards it.

I run the only way I can, forward. Straight towards this… thing, whatever it was. My mind was swarming with so many questions. What was this thing? Why was it here? Who in the Grail War does it serve? Are they here? For a split second I feel my eyes water just a moment as I am overwhelmed, whether it is fear, excitement or just the wind in my face I know not.

The booming echoes of my feet running in the water as I charge fills the vicinity and gives me away as this thing turns its head towards me and an unnatural angle as the unearthly muffled voice rings out.

Target sighted, commencing capture.

It takes two lumbering steps towards my and the moment I’m in range it swings it’s outstretched hand wildly at my face.

And that’s when I allowed my weakness to take ahold, my legs buckle. Ducking underneath, I slide past him in the shallows, sewage and water splatter across my face filling up my senses once more but I push it away.

Pumping my old legs as fast as they can muster I keep running. I hear that thing behind me turn and start to hear it walk, slow deliberate echoes in a different rhythm to my frantic sprint. My breathing was laboured, my legs were on fire and the wind was just torturing my eyes. After the twists and turns, I lose track off that dark individual. I lost the bugger.

Good.

[BGM OFF]

I wipe the sweat from my face and neck, not making much of a different considering the filth I had coated myself in.

“What… the blazes was that?” I stutter through ragged breaths as my lungs feel like they’re burning up. Questions for later when I’m not getting stalked by some plague doctor looking horror movies slasher but aside from the stench and an ache I’m fine. Nothing a shower and a cup of coffee can’t fix and I still have this.

So we have ice and fashion from at least two hundred years ago if not longer? Disregarding that the outfit was certainly European in origin.

Well those are leads for this agency over here.

Making sure the ice is tucked aside, I walk up to the wall and rest my hand against it, alleviating some pressure from my legs and I keep walking forwards.

I guttural groan escapes my lips and I cough loudly as I catch my breath.

“God I could really use that cup of coffee.”

I turn a last corner and raise my hand in front of my face as light sears through the other end. A literal light at the end of the tunnel.

“Oh thank-”

[Play]

The screech of nails on a chalkboard cuts through my train of thought as the noise makes me keel and grab my ears.

Nails on a board? No not quite. More like metal against brick and mortar.

And I hear it, the slow rhythmic echoes in the distance. It’s coming.

As soon as I take a step the wall I’m resting against explodes as I’m knocked down to the ground, the water seeping into my ears and washing in my eyes.

Target resisted, commencing retaliation.

I raise my hand but they slap it to the side with one hand. Other wields a wicked axe. Instead of raising it in the air, they drop it to the ground, the blade piercing the brickwork below with its weight. In one fluid motion, they swoop down upon me, place both hands on my person and thrust downward, submerging me in the water.

I sag to the ground kicking and trying to scream, their strong fingers felt like tendrils around my neck. Despite the pain I began to thrash and buck under them. My eyes were wide with fear, Lungs started to ache and my eyes were bulging. I can’t move, can’t move. I-I can’t breathe.

My vision goes dark around the corners as I start to lose feeling.

X-X-X

Seigi Nomikata
    Days in Captivity: 2? Morning?
    Fuyuki City?
    Health: Normal
    Magical Energy: Normal
    Objective: Escape

“Are you sure you-”

“Come on cutie, I’m just doing something nice for you right now.”

[BGM ON]

Image tagged for sheer size

The cell is gone, it has been for about five minutes.

Instead, I’m surrounded by the most fabulous sight.

I’m sitting with Yorkie alone outside a café. The weather is perfect with the warm sun shining down on me and a gentle breeze caressing my face and nape tenderly. The birds are chirping in the distance, other tourists are passing this beautiful spot by and I can hear the citizens who actually live hear going about their day, thankfully away from us. Not that I understand a single word of French but right here, right now it’s just me and her.

Yorkie puts down her cutlery, having just finished her Crêpes Suzette and washing it down with a the last of the crisp white wine we’re drinking. As a Brit, I am legally obligated to be a dick to the French whenever possible but even I have to admit they know their way around wine. Cheese as well but that’s beside the point.

Right now, Yorkie would say the point to how good we both look doing this right now.

“Now isn’t this better?” Yorkie asks as she dabs the side of her pursed lips, coiled with the faintest hint of self-satisfaction.

“If I’m being a thankless nit-picker, I would have preferred Italy but I have to say this is absolutely lovely.”

“Damn right it is, you have any idea how lucky you are for a cute young guy like yourself to be taken out on a date with a girl like me?”

“You do have me tied down here.”

“Not the point.”

“Entirely the point.”

“No it’s not.”

“Really York?” I murmer as my quote-unquote ‘Date’ takes another order from one of the waiters. No idea what she’s ordered, tea I hope.

With the waiter gone, she turns back to me. Eyes wide in fascination.

“So…” I start unsure where to start. This whole scenario is something of a unique social maze, my chest is warm for so many reasons; my binds, this scene, her smile.

Damn that smile, she’s just so gorgeous when she does that. This Parisian environment only helps her with the sunlight bringing out her best features, striking amber eyes and smooth lips. It’s like I’m a kid all over again getting flustered at the pretty older girl flirting with him in the café. I hate it.

It’s different that when I’m with Risa and Lancer. I feel good but it’s a different kind. I don’t feel small like this, even if this is intentional or not.

“Come on Seigi, you weren’t like this on our first date.”

“Do you mean at the coffee shop? Because you did all the talking that time. If you don’t mean the coffee shop then we kind of skipped having a first date.”

My cheeks are aflush. I look down, averting her gaze on me. After the coffee shop we kept in contact but the next time I saw Yorkie was when she invited me over to her place. Normally you take a lady out for dinner before moving to the next traditional phase but we did that in reverse. I should not be embarrassed by this but here I am.
    Yorkie chuckles at that with a rosy blush on her face as well and raising a finger to her mouth before nibbling on it.

“Oh! Of course I remember that Seigi. Sorry I was getting a little mixed up. I was thinking of the time you took me to The Ledbury. I’d never been taken to a place quiet that fancy. You bought me that hot backless black dress specifically for it, paid for everything and were such the gentleman! You were a number of firsts for me like that and I was for you too.”

Not helping!

“Now you would have had me fooled if you said I wasn’t your first because I must say that night you were-”

“Excuse me.” I cut her off. If we go further down that route I might just die of embarrassment and considering everything that’s happened in that past week I refuse for that to be how Seigi Nomikata bites the dust.

Yorkie places her hands back below the table. No more distractions. Just me.

“So Seigi. I suppose you have a number of questions after that little awakening I gave you but I have a number of questions as well. It’s all about equal give and take when finding out about each other on a date after all so I’ll ask first and you can then ask me. I’ll be a proper lady and be gracious, this’ll be both business and pleasure.”

I bite my lip. This girl is still as cocky as ever and that twisted sensibility, I can’t tell if she actually thinks this is a date or not.

“Look Yorkie, if you’re asking whether I wanted to get it on with Reiner then answer is-”

With that she burst out laughing, a mad cackle that sent her falling out of her chair.

I stand and reach out and she pulls herself up back into her chair. Never hurts to have some manners, even if the other person is, well, Yorkie.

“Now as hot as it would be to see, he’s small fry compared to you. No. These are my questions: Firstly, have you heard any voices. Secondly, are you willing to leave the Grail War and let me train you. Not some sexy teacher on student action, I mean actual tutelage, get your head out of the gutter.”

“You’re the one who brought up teacher on student.”

“Not the point.”

“Entirely the point.”

I got her there and she knows it.

“Urgh. FINE. Final question, what’s the deal between you and those two other girls you’re hanging out with.”

??? Choice

The lady asked, be an interesting date and answer her (~Please note down if you are answering truthfully or lying~).

Have you heard any voices?

1. Yes
    2. No

Are you willing to leave the Subcatagory Holy Grail War?

1. Yes, I have no reason to remain and never wanted any part of it to begin with.
    2. Yes, I will entrust Risa with Lancer
    3. No, I don’t care for the Grail but I want to win it for Lancer.
    4. No. I will win the Holy Grail for myself.

What’s the deal with you, Risa and Lancer (Warning, clashes with previous decisions will be noted!)

1. “We’re just friends.”
    2. “Just friends” wink wink, nudge nudge *whistle*
    3. “I’m in love with [Write in Risa or Lancer].”
    4. “They’re just a means to an end.”
    5. “I think they may try and betray me. Father’s definetly going to try and replace me with Risa.”
    6. “Doesn’t matter, you’re what’s important here.”
    7. [Insert Threesome Joke Here]

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; April 21st, 2019 at 02:06 PM.

1. 1. (Truth)

2. 4. (Truth)

3. 6. (Truth)

Blog Entries
    1. Yes (Truth)

1. Yes, I have no reason to remain and never wanted any part of it to begin with (Lie)

4. They're just a means to an end (Lie)

1. Yes (Truth)

2. No, I don’t care for the Grail but I want to win it for Lancer. (Truth)

If a write in is allowed for 3,
    8. I'm loyal to Lancer, and Risa has helped me with many things, but I know when I'm beat, you're the only one here now, and Risa may fall victim to my father. (Half Truth)

Else, 5 (Lie)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Prussia View Post
    1. 1. (Truth)

2. 4. (Truth)

3. 6. (Truth)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    8. I'm loyal to Lancer, and Risa has helped me with many things, but I know when I'm beat, you're the only one here now, and Risa may fall victim to my father. (Half Truth)

Else, 5 (Lie)
    Y’know what, I’ll allow it.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Crap, have we just gotten both our playable characters captured? That's not great. As for my votes this time...

1 (Truth)

1 (Lie)

4 (Lie)

Let's try telling her what she wants to hear.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    1. Yes (Truth)

2. No, I don’t care for the Grail but I want to win it for Lancer. (Truth)

Else, 5 (Lie)
    +1
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We have a three way split with slots 2 & 3.

If the matter is not resolved, it will be decided with a coin toss of a two headed coin totally legit coin