Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 152023242526273035 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ryuudo Temple Interior
    Night

I suppose it couldn’t be helped, the rematch was inevitable and especially how it was given that I had more or less humiliated him in my own little way.

“You lower class wretch,” he growled

Reiner also appeared to remember all too well, I would say that he looked angry but the man always had a sneer across his face as it a Gorgon looked at him and froze his face in that shape.

“You steal my catalyst for the Holy Grail War, you beat and humiliate me at Clock Tower, now you break into my own fortifications? Now doubt to claim your parent, correct?”

As he continues to talk, I gather myself and keep my own magic circuits primed and ready for what may come. I look up and down his form but without being able to physically touch him, I can’t use Structural Divination I used against Justice to determine his strength and movement. However something seems off; seems-

New.

“I’m sorry Reiner, I’ve never needed my Father before now and I’m certain that I shall be fine without him. There’s just a few old secrets I need to make sure don’t spill out.”

At my answer, he gives the first smile I ever see him pull.

It looks unnatural.

“You mean the nature of your birth? I already know. It was a botched ritual that was doomed from the start. The only reason that your Father stuck with you was because he had no means of replacing you. Now think, do you think your chances of winning the Grail are high in a battle you were made to join against your own will?”

My expression involuntarily weakens, I cannot deny the possibility considering all our previous interactions… he was never kind and seemed very pushy to get me to fight and brought Risa with us too…

“Once you introduced him to your friend he saw an opportunity; gaining superior stock for his progeny and removing his greatest embarrassment at the same time.”

“Well I’m embarrassment that still pounded your arse in front of everybody and beat you at every climax! What does that make you?”

Cutting straight to the chase, I give the first retort I can think of, not caring about the accidental innuendo.

With that he gives a deep chuckle.

“I know how I must entice you but that was the greatest lesson I could have, failure.”

He unfurls his arms

“I’d never been sorely beaten before and never would have dreamed it would be from a lower class peasant like you.”

He crouches down, placing his hands on the ground.

“Humility has taught me a great lesson. Now I shall destroy you with the full strength of the Corvella bloodline!”

A golden ring appears on both his forearms, travelling down to the ground and upon contact flames begin to crackle and then roar like a jet engine as his body slowly rises into the air.

[BGM]

Reiner… can fly.

The moment I process that thought, the distance between us two closes instantly and he propels into me. The impact knocks all the air out of me as I feel the raging heat emanating from Reiner’s body, I feel my feet lift off the ground.

We’re in the air!

We soar higher and higher, the wind whips against my frame, my vision is filled with his face.

“Your father was never kidnapped, it was a ploy! He sold you all out!

The whole world shifts as I’m released. He betrayed me, he betrayed Risa, he… betrayed all the children he killed in vain.

Processing the information, I only how realise that the heat has left. I now see the night sky, decorated with stars as I begin to fall.

In the distance, I see Reiner above me, oncoming faster, and faster, he collides into me again, cracking a rib as he both rocket downwards.

I try to shake and push him off but he won’t budge, seeing lines illuminated across his body, he’s already reinforced himself with his superior power. The impact will hurt me much more than him-

So-

I let him.

I hold on and channel my own power and focus it across our beings, binding us together like rope.

“Ni-

n o w

-gredo!”

The moment I hear that odd voice I detonate a charge, releasing a shockwave of wind combined with my decomposition base the instant we land.

It hurts. My whole body hurts like I was hit with a car but I’m still alive. No new broken bones.

The earth beneath me feels like dirt. Pulling my strength together I get a grip of my location. A fresh, steaming crater in a forest.

I must have broken down the ground to balance out the force of impact. I didn’t even know I could do that.

Forcing myself to move, I slowly hike up to the edge of the crater to see Reiner.

Utterly unharmed.

“Impressive, Nomikata. What you lack in lineage, power, social status and many other things, you have a rat-like cunning. It must be a genetic trait.”

Daddy!

Again that voice, a young girls voice… Aoi’s voice.

It’s getting stronger.

“H-how?”

“There’s a reason I had you fight the help earlier, I’ve found your weakness in your strength.” Reiner replies with that stupid smugness “Though you can break down a single target like how an enzyme breaks down chemicals-”

He outreaches his arm and a column of fire erupts out directly at me, instinctively I reach out and channel Nigredo. The exothermic reacting gas is immediately dispelled but as the flames part I see Re-

His fist swings straight into my face. My nose explodes in a bloody mess with the rest of my body stumbling back before falling over like a ragdoll.

“-But you can only focus on a single target!”

My knowledge on the curse of self-healing is minimal, but it’s enough to piece together my nose though I can’t do anything else about the other wounds. However the fact that the closest thing I have to a rival has pretty much taken apart my method of attack and defence piece by piece, my pride hurts more than my body. The physical pain is still real.

I’ll have to think of a reach around.

“I’m impressed Reiner.”

The look on the noble’s face twists into that of confusion.

“I thought you were just some lazy aristocrat with his head so far up his own arse you could see out of your own mouth but you were able to defeat me quite soundly.”

A small laugh escapes his lips,

“Learning your place, Nomikata?”

“Oh, you’re not the only one who likes tying me down.”

Any expression flies out of the window as Reiner’s voice and face turn stone cold.

“Your mother’s much the same way. She always pins me down, basically just uses me as a toy to get herself off.”

A joke slash insult saying you banged someone’s mother is juvenile and that is usually beneath me but on the other hand, fuck this guy.

“Your father is much the same way too; they’re very selfish in bed, just using me as a way of getting back at the other. No wonder their marriage is falling apart.”

Most magus families marry for political reasons; power, material wealth, best prospects of a powerful child. Most from what I see aren’t happy. I have little to go on as I’ve barely seen his family in passing around the Clock Tower so I make this all up as a go along.

“It was actually your father first. It was the day after we moved in together, he went to drop something off but ended up drinking alone and I got curious and talked to him. We ended up doing it in your bed.”

Reiner probably knows I’m talking shit out of my mouth but he is clearly getting angrier and angrier the more I talk.

“Your mum however? Must have either been between a week and a month afterwards. It was after some ball I ended up working at for the night for some extra cash and she came to me afterwards. I don’t know if she wanted a younger model or knew what happened earlier and wanted revenge. Probably both.”

With that, Reiner’s face is about as red ad my hair dye.

“I’m going to enjoy this much more than I should.”

Reiner places his hands together and unleashes a cone of intense heat, enveloping me entirely. I push forward my own arms, dispelling what I can with Nigerdo but my sides begin to scorch as I slowly burn.

Three steps left.

His face is pure rage, regardless of the sophistication of a mage me and Reiner are both young and prone is breaking grace at juvenile threats. My suit begins to wither away at my skin begins to singe underneath.

Two steps.

I leap forward, screaming bloody murder, his face contorted in as I throw a fist straight into his face maintaining the flow of energy that I can, cutting his face as I do so.

“You bast-“

He quickly jumps into a boxing stance and shoots out an enforced jab with his left, I dip down and raise an arm with an Age-uke rising head block with my right hand and take a hold of his wrist.

I inhale.

I channel divination to feel the flow of his blood to picture the movements of his body – both where and how - a right hook aimed directly at my head.

I counter with an Empi-Uchi left elbow strike aimed directly where I know he’ll be. A shout and he recoils but I feel his movements, anticipating his flow – strike again, this time grabbing his other wrist. I can feel his entire being, strong, mighty and with a greater magical well within him etched onto his back. I channel Nigredo once more. The pronunciation of destruction before creation directly applied upon bare flesh.

Divine.

Analyse.

Destroy.

Skin and muscle erupt under my skin as I feel his flesh flay under grasp. Using him as a lever, I pull myself and deliver Ap Chagi – a triple kick kick – with each one being delivered straight to his jaw.

My grip slips out as the force of my kicks sends him backwards and slumping in a tree. And we stop.

The two of us are both slumped over, though I am the only one currently on my feet. We’ve both used a significant amount of energy, both physical and magical.

“You always find a way to get under my skin, don’t you?”

The words are weak and slow, despite a composed face all things considered, he is in more pain than he’s letting on, as am I.

“Hey, it’s what lower class scum like me are good for.”

That was pretty good actually; we both give a chuckle. It gets louder and breaks out into us both laughing loudly like children.

We keep laughing together till we both run out of air in our lungs.

After that, silence, then a smile. An honest smile.

It’s dawned on me this is the first genuine moment the two of us have had together.

“Seigi-” Reiner coughs out though all the pain “I hate you, but I understand you now. Handicapped and with a chip on your shoulder, you push down all the walls in front of you, pushing back on everyone that pushes you down.”

I can’t help but smile.

“Two compliments in one day? You must like me after all.”

I feel my legs weaken and I slowly sit down as well, several feet away.

“You’re more powerful than ever but you still use simple magecraft for now, the crest must have only just finished its complete transplant. I may never have wanted this fight but I will survive, I will reach the Grail.”

“Heh- The Grail? Not The Root? You have some other wish?”

The Swirl of the Root. A metaphysical location that exists above all. It’s a force that exists ‘Outside of The World’, free from space-time it contains information of all possibilities and events, past, present, and future, of the world. These Akashic Records can be said to be ‘Heaven’ and is the goal of all true mages. Seeing the Root, touching it and then managing to understand it will completely erase the meaning of "impossible", granting the magus what some would describe as "the capabilities of God".

Or so they say at least.

“Eh, I’ll figure it out if I get there.”

With that, Reiner grips onto the tree trunk and pulls himself up. His wounds glow as his body heals itself under his own power. But I-

“I can’t move.”

Reiner shakes his head as a figure I recognise materialises in the background. Rider, still carrying onto Corrin Charisk - bridal style

"Hello again, sweet child."

“It was discrepancy plan if it looked like I was beginning to lose my grip, Nomikata. I would say something honourable like ‘The next time we cross blades only one of us shall live’ but I’m afraid there won’t be a next time.”

Very well, time for an escape plan.

I release all of my remaining energy downward, channelling Nigredo through my hands into the ground and breaking down matter erratically in the earth surrounding us all – then I make one final push, releasing ample Wind element resulting in large detonations.

With that-

“By My Command Seal – Lancer, Come forth!”

And there she is, standing in full regalia set with spear and armour.

“Your command, my
    Emperor
    Master
    ?”

“Defeat Rider.”

Reiner stands absolutely resolute.

“Rider, activate your Noble Phantasm.”

As if entranced, Rider’s hands raised and flickered about almost as if she was performing a dance but our bewilderment was snatched away with a huge thunder crack.
    Looking up into the night sky, a huge summoning circle was adrift in mid-air that almost appeared to be formed out of blood.

Another crack.

A figure begins to form in the skies. Large, reptilian, multiple heads, like something out of a nightmare.

“When hope is lost,

Break this lock,
    Tear the skies.
    This is what I have wrought-”

A third explosion in the sky but this time of fire, it was far louder and more explosive, knocking Rider out of her trance as all of us were looking into the stars.

A fireball. The first of many that now rained upon the seal as a dark misty figure illuminated by the stars flew towards it at high speed, continually firing upon the seal.

“Caster!”

Now reaching the centre of the seal, Caster flew straight into it from the temple with a glow emanating forth from them.

“He’s disrupting the summoning. I can’t bring it forth.”

As Reiner’s face turned to shock, he turned round we could see Risa and Atsusui running in tow.

Atsusui raises his hand and a dark spike immediately pierces outwards of Reiner’s body, skewering his from the inside out.

The summoning circle vanishes imminently as Rider seemingly warps to her Masters side.

“I can likely defeat them all in these woods, but I wouldn’t be able to save you.”

“Fall back.”

“-Wait!”

Reiner looks at me, not with hatred, not superiority, but a grudging… respect perhaps.

“A familiar attacked as which is how Father disappeared. We haven’t seen any around the temple. How did you do it?”

A weak chuckle.

“Di-did you think I’d send something that could be linked back out to me? No, it was no familiar but I paid a fool well for her efforts. She may still be in town if you’re fast, you may like who it is."

With that the three of them retreat, vanishing as soon as they came, that curious spike that stabbed Reiner falling to the ground.

“Thank you” Atsusui says earnestly, as Risa runs to me and helps pull me to my feet with Lancer.

“I couldn’t find him. Your Father’s long gone.” Risa whispers.

“This co-operation has been most excellent.” Atsusui continues, not hearing Risa in the slightest. “After we’ve all recuperated, we can discuss future co-operation till the finale of this all. Now, we’ll be taking our temple as promised. Your services are no longer required for the evening.

===============

1). Leave and let your temporary allies take the superior territory, you don't need it
    2). Ask to stay with him, we could both benefit from more of an alliance
    3). Fight Atsusui and claim the temple for yourself, alliance over and a powerful enemy is gone
    4). Write in!

2 Command Seals Remain

Well this was all fun wasn't it? Got it done much quicker than I thought I would. Either way, a new fresh day will be starting soon.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 2nd, 2018 at 07:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't think we're in a state to fight right now, and Atsusui seems pretty firm. I mean, Lancer could probably take Caster but...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    2. We're not in any shape to pick a fight, but it'd be silly to give up such an important strategic ground without even trying to negotiate.

Also, assuming Rider is indeed Baba Yaga, that dragon she was trying to summon was almost certainly Chudo-Yudo, a dragon said to be Baba Yaga's son in Russian mythology.

Someone remind me, who's Aoi?
    Last edited by Zurvan; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Someone remind me, who's Aoi?
    Nomikata Sr.'s daughter who he sacrificed as part of his crest experiments.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Did we ever hear what Class the last Servant is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ​1
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    2. Ask if you're allowed to look for any clues about Father but actually look for some stuff Reiner left or some weakpoints in the temple
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Did we ever hear what Class the last Servant is?
    It's Archer by default, gotta keep those three knight classes.

This ain't strange fake.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't gone that far quite yet.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ryuudo Forrest
    Late Night/Early Morning

All alone outside the temple perimeter I’m at a clear disadvantage. I’m all but a dead weight here, Lancer has a disadvantage against Caster due to her low resistance against magic but is superior in physical combat to they can at least reach a stalemate but the problem is Atsusui Kishitoba, he summoned a spike and skewered Reiner from the inside out- defeating him in an instant. I have to odd sensation that all he has to do is wiggle an eyebrow and I’m an underseasoned kebab.

It might be pushing my luck but I feel as if I need to reach out an olive branch of sorts.

“Hey Atsusui”
    I ask feebly, my voice as weak as my body “Would it be possible for us to stay the night here, working together gets us both results and I think we could really help each other out.”

The frail young man turns to the shadowy mass that has descended behind him and through his eyes, I can see them conversing, albeit silently. He turns back to me and his brows droop, however in my state I can’t tell if its actual regret or he’s just tired.

“No.”

Risa had been silent till now but she doesn’t seem to take too kindly to this,

“Wait!? So we just win you a fortress and you’re giving us the boot?”

However with that, he and Lancer have already begun to walk away.

“My reasons are private.”

Hearing her growl through her gritted teeth, Risa takes a step forwards with her aggressive intent quite obvious like a wolf about to pounce on a rabbit, expect this Atsusui is the Rabbit of Caerbannog. I reach out and grasp her shoulder to hold her back. Her head spins and-

Just for a moment-

I can see the venom in her eyes.

However just as quickly as it rose, it fades away.

“… Sorry Seigi. Let’s go home.”

As Lancer passes me over to Risa, I swing my arm over her shoulder for support as my servant’s physical form dissipates – without asking I already know she’d moving to act as a scout to make sure we’re not harmed on our way back to our shabby headquarters.

Looking up at Risa, I can see her eyes transfixed upon the road ahead almost as if she’s trying to avoid my gaze.

“Risa?”

Still she looks away but I can see… something.

“This whole night was a waste; the trail to find your Father’s gone cold, Reiner and Rider will just relocate and their hitman now has a grudge to repay. Caster and Atsusui now have the best base in the entire damn city but honestly? I don’t trust them.”

“Like with Lancer? You were pretty cold at first but you seemed to buddy up awful quick.

And like that, the tapestry falls apart leaving behind a clearly flustered lady with her face as red as my hair dye.

“T-T That’s completely different, Nomikata!”

It’s actually pretty cute seeing Risa like this, it’s a side I’ve never seen before not even at Clock Tower. It’s like a schoolgirl-

Ah.

I think I see now.

“Oh and Risa, I’m sorry about the kiss. It was an impulse and I didn’t know if we were-“

She mutes me with a finger on the lips though the colour of her face has lowered in its intensity somewhat it’s still there.

“It’s honestly fine Seigi,”
    she replies, finally turning back to face me with the slightest of smiles like she was trying to hide it. “We can leave it in the past but it… it helped with some stuff so thanks I guess?”

If my suspicions are correct that might have been the politest rejection I’ve ever seen. That said she’s ‘figuring some things out’ so I should give her some space regarding that if I can.

?
    ?

Once again I stand alone, looking all around me I float softly in a dark void filled with only shards of glass for company. I had seen dreams of shards most of my life but it feels like months since the last one. In the reflections I saw other people whom I now know to be the siblings of mine who perished in order for me to come into this world, to think a part of them were with me this entire time reflections of the people they could have been.

Moving towards one, I see somewhat corporeal forms shining and shimmering; most are adolescents, I see however a few to be much younger. The more I try to focus on my brothers and sisters, the less I can see them, I call out to them but no voice leaves my lips. However in the corner-

Red.

Red hair.

That of which belonging to a warrior I know.

The colour rushes up to meet me and utterly overwhelms my vision.

Red.

Red.

Red.

All I see is red.

It’s blood. It’s all over my hands. But my hands are that of a young woman.

Looking up I’m standing in an ancient Japanese palace but the walls are covered in blood. Looking down again I can see a teenager, perhaps 17 years old, torn limb from limb. Yet I feel nothing. I’m not sure if I’ve suddenly become empty or I’m crushing whatever I feel to make myself empty but that’s all I feel. Nothing.

“I told you only to punish him! Not kill him!”

His voice is equal parts filled with fear and hatred as the man recoils in his throne. I know the man to be my Emperor, my Father. I know he is terrified and has lost all poise and power, holding control in name only.

“I… I-I will punish you!” He declares for the whole hall to hear though feeble as it is. “Osu, you shall be my son in his place! My daughter is the one who has died!”

And so I fight.

I rip, I gouge, I tear, I impale, I decapitate but I is never enough. No matter how many armies he sends me to slaughter, I still spend no effort, I still feel nothing. I am a machine needed for only destruction. One time I sneak in as a maid and slaughter an encampment all alone. Everyone laughs but the Emperor and I.

He has called me ‘Son’ instead of ‘Daughter’, nobody even calls me ‘Osu’ anymore, now I am ‘The Brave of Yamato’ though I do not understand why.

And I now see her for the first time.

I am told I am to be married to her. I hear her talk but I cannot hear her. She smiles and holds me but I do not feel her, she kisses me but I do not taste her. She is merely another duty. Another task from an Emperor who wants his own child dead but is too weak to do so.

Yet I feel nothing.

Time passes in front of my eyes, seconds are minutes, minutes are hours, hours are days, days are years. I maintain my distance but she won’t leave my side. I grow to miss the fight. That is what I can do, it calls to me, it is the only thing that can fulfil me. I have slain more men than I can count be she always fixes my equipment, she washes the blood of my body and holds me in the night. At this point I truly realise what this is. She loves a woman who does not love her back.

And I feel nothing.

Time passes again and my Emperor has tried to have me killed. He has not spoken to me in a long time, it was inevitable but I realise how alone I am. Even my aunt who has given me my divine blade and spear entered and left my life so quick I cannot recall anything about her.

I feel empty.

I now have nothing. When the people see me march they call out my name and sing songs of praise I see them turn away just as quickly, ‘She’s a monster’ they say ‘She isn’t human’ they say and I cannot refute them. All I have known is war, so how can I even talk to them?

I feel sorrow.

Walking through the fields of my estate, I can see my wife. She stands alone waving about aimlessly but I can see she is not farming.

I move closer to her.

She is wielding a Naginata. It is too big and heavy for her by far but ever-dilligent she continues to train. I watch her move, her body acts far less smooth than how her skin feels-

Wait.

I move closer to her and I recognise her movements. She attempts to imitate me in her strikes but she cannot accept defeat. I am far faster, far stronger and far more experienced but though this I see the determination, the will.

She wants to truly see who I am. With all this I smile.

I smile for the first time.

I feel warm

I move closer to her.

Our movements are as one, she hangs on my every word and follows. In the times of peace, I tutor her and although it is clear we are not fitted for the roles of Master and Pupil, we are diligent. And the way I see her… it’s like seeing her for the first time.

She is older now, wrinkles begin to etch their way upon her face, grey hairs begin to sprout. When we first met we were barely children but now she is all I can see. She is all I can hear. She is everything and I wouldn’t give it up. The touch of her body against mine, we have done this many times before to keep her sated but I finally see her, I finally feel her.

For the first time, I feel warm.

She keeps me warm.

Alas, summers never last forever. On this warm evening, the air runs cold. The sun never rose and the sky is filled with storm. The land is gone filled with crashing waves so large they threaten to swallow the whole land. Thunder and Lighting tear open the skies and rain falls down like arrowheads. This battle threatens the whole land and even I may not be enough to stop this.

The gods are angry.

I feel not the elements, I move as fast as I can to return to my home as the skies begin to clear, rays of sunshine begin to touch the ground and before long the tides retreat and the land raises up anew.

I tear through the guard trying to keep me away, ripping the doors to the side I see her, unmoving in a pool of crimson. The gods are appeased.

I feel colder than ever before, my light has died.

I stand at the foot of the mountain. Leaving my sword at the palace, I return to the ancestral home of the weapon for the God it came from sleeps here, a father of great evil.
    And so I swear, I curse, I blaspheme, I sing and shout every depravity that I can imagine to anger it as I trespass.

I feel sorrow, I feel pain, I feel the cold. It is all I can feel and it cuts me to my core.

In the deepest depths of the mountain, I see him. He stands monstrously tall with serpentine figures and by his side is a little girl with twin horns, the petite body swaying from side to side is nothing compared to the titan before me.

I could have killed them. But I don’t want to. That would mean I keep living.

I want rest. I just want it all to stop.

As I begin my siege against the last faces I see in this world, my father finally gets his wish.

I call her name.

“Otoachibana.”

Reality cracks away as I fall away back into the void though in the distance I can see someone. Standing.

Waiting.

After gliding downwards for several more moments. I see my servant, whose entire life I’ve seen go by before my eyes these past few night.

“I suppose you have questions for me my
    Master
    Emperor
    .”

>>???

Bond Matrix Updated!

================================================== =======

This time you all have free reign of what Seigi says, reacts and in general what you want to ask Lancer.

I will update Lancer's profile tomorrow though.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 22nd, 2018 at 07:38 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer Profile Updated

Yeet

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Lancer Profile Updated
    Love the Wikipedia copy-paste. Very subtle.

Now, seriously, I can see you're having fun here. Keep at it; I want to see how it all ends.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dream?
    Night?

I open my mouth to speak to Lancer but she does not respond. However as I continue to try and talk, I realise that there are no words coming out of my mouth.
    Her head tilts to the side, as if she’s waiting for me to answer but I cannot.

Giving into my cognitive whims, I start to move further away. I know that Servants memories can manifest as dreams within the mind of the Master but an outright bridge between the consciousness of the two seems like something of a reach by my standards. There’s also no way to determine this isn’t just an elaborate illusion.

Lancer doesn’t attempt to move. I stare at her and she silently stares back, not motioning for me to approach but merely standing there as if she was simply resigned to her fate.

Eventually her form falls away into oblivion, gone from my dreams. Once again, or for the first time tonight, I am alone. Whatever opportunity I had has been lost. Without her presence here, I feel a little… emptier.

The darkness around me for the first time feels cold.

And then, there’s a gentle pull. A slow rattle and a soft breeze against my skin. It feels eerie and uncertainty builds in my chest.

I wonder if this was Lancer punishing me somehow.

I wonder how long until I wake, and then-
    “B r o -
    -t h-

-e r !”

-I hear two voices call out simultaneously, one male, one female, both oddly familiar.

Almost like earlier, I see something humanoid appear on the edge of your vision and again on the other side.

The shards of glass forever surrounding me give a loud ‘Crack’ as one by one they begin to fracture.

The winds pull more and more in opposing directions, in one the darkness hues with a violet fog forming for the first time with pitch black male figure standing there reaching out to me, ‘illuminated’ only by the fog. I feel him calling, crying somehow. He’s trapped in the pain. To the other side, there is a mix of colours; red, white and blue. A small and almost childlike figure reaches out as if she’s trying to pull me away from the other. She’s pure light and difficult to see in spite of the bright colours.

Both of them call to me.

Yet exist in a way that seems to deny me.

Yet they exist to war over me.

If my dreams were trying to say I should have stayed with Lancer, now it’s like every alarm is set to burst!

1). Go forth to the bright lights with the female figure
    2). Go yonder to the dark lights with the male figure
    3). Go back to the void and try to return to Lancer
    4). Write in!

===========================

Getting trippy up in here. Good luck kids.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 22nd, 2018 at 07:39 AM.

Mhmm, 1 and 2 are both tempting yet terrifying

But more than anything we left Lancer, we need to go back and tell her that we as her current Master will accept her, no matter what.
    (And try to maybe casually ask what she wishes for, maybe)

So 3, and it seems I didnt reply to the previous segment, whoops

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post

So 3, and it seems I didnt reply to the previous segment, whoops
    There wasn’t as much buzz with the last segment so I got started on this one pretty quick. That said you were the first one to reply here so it balances out.

Though to be fair this whole little interlude has been pretty quiet with people.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 22nd, 2018 at 08:52 PM.

Blog Entries

​On the basis that I'm curious.

Blog Entries
    3- Try to reunite with Lancer. Rendezvous with our dead siblings can wait.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    4 - Stand your ground. Become a meeting place.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.