Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Silly me, I was so busy thinking about the update that I didn't even read (or notice) the author's note at the end.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seigi Nomikata
    Phase: Day – Evening
    Condition: Exhausted

[BGM ON]

Those energy signatures can only belong to servants. Multiple servants. We need to respond in kind; me, Lancer and… A thought passes my mind. It’s almost absent minded but once it strikes, it strikes with absolute urgency.

“Risa’s been out too long, we need to find her.”

Lancer’s eyes widen in an instant and in a moment, her physical form dissipates into nothingness. I suppose a benefit of all this is that Lancer and I are on a similar wavelength. We’ve gotten this far with her, we can’t leave without her. She’s an invaluable member of our team.

I gather my strength, clothe myself and head on out.

-We walk through the town. This newer ‘Shinto’ district gets quiet rather quickly, it can only be around 7 or perhaps . We’ve gone around a few of the buildings, bar the factory not so far off but I don’t see anyone and no one is revealing themselves to us. I’ll need to ask Lancer to see if she has a better vantage point.

“Can you feel her presence?”
    I ask, scratching at my chin “There’s nowhere specific she’d have gone too so perhaps she’s held up over somewhere. Can you get a better view from anywhere?”

Even without her physical body present, I can feel Lancer’s spiritual presence.

“There are a mix of servants nearby, it’s difficult to pinpoint a magus, even the likes of Risa.” She replies coolly without a hint of emotion to it, a vast contrast to the hours before, “I don’t feel that they are too close, all this magical energy is likely to provoke someone… much like a decoy.”

A… trap?

My mind switches.

This is likely to become another combat situation

“…So this is just a miasma of pure magical energy...”

‘Follow me’

I nod silently. This office district is empty of people yet the murderous intent of the place pricks at my skin. It’s odd that all the lights are out and no one’s working overtime, almost as if everyone simultaneously got up and went home, it’s like the souls of the place has vanished. The district itself is very modern but in the absence of people it feels absolutely soulless but-

My mind hurts.

It’s like a fracture in my head
    ‘Brother’

The intent is stronger
    ‘Brother?’

“-!”

I feel a chill down my spine.
    ‘Big Brother!’

From the intensity of the murderous intent that even I can feel, perhaps we are already in the range of the enemy.

"…Watch out, Lancer. Something's strange."

I feel a nod in agreement, if one can even feel such a thing.

"…Yes, your senses are correct. I do not think they will attack us out in the open, but we should still be careful."

No one is in the park and Risa is nowhere near, we should press to the bridge and look into the residential-

“Get Back!”

I turn to where I feel Lancer the weight of her materialises against my chest and rockets my off-

Away from the oncoming attack.

I would have died.

[BGM ON]

I look to the ground and see large scrapes against the ground, cleaving through like a not knife through butter. I twist to see where the attack came ended up.

“Wha-!”

A tall muscular figure with additional wolfish features. It could be no other than Saber!!

"You've grown more powerful, I can feel it."

I feel a freezing chill return.

The one who calls himself ‘Justice’.

An eye darts off to the side and I see Lancer, fully corporeal primed with her spear and ready to fight. The one who saved my life has instantly armed herself.

My gaze returns to the Master of Saber.

His eyes are hollow, utterly devoid of any light. It’s not like Lancer who had repressed it. There’s no life, it’s like he’s dead inside.
    "That will make it that much more enjoyable to kill you, Bastard Nomikata. I'll end you, your father and bring your whole accursed lineage down. Uproot the lot of you like weeds, sins of the father and all...

He had mentioned before about my fathers ‘debt’ or why he hates me. I barely know the man aside from his previous murder attempt. But I have to ask.

“Who are you?”

Saber instantly materialises to his side, hand resting on a sheethed blade, but I see the tension ready to draw and cut me down again.

"Your despair..."

Plan of attack

[ ] Stay back and let Lancer protect me
    [ ] Target ‘Justice’ and take him down while Saber’s busy with my own servant
    [ ] Write in!

2 Command Seals remain

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

attacking seems a bad idea considering the shape we're in
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Replies came in quick this time around

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

- - - Updated - - -

attacking seems a bad idea considering the shape we're in
    Agreed
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1, with an emphasis on getting the hell out of dodge if possible.

Now is not the time for this.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Seigi Nomikata
    Phase: Evening

The two warriors of the past dash forwards

[BGM ON]

Spear in hand, the red bullet launches.

“-Yes!”

...Her spear roared, screaming with the wind.

...His sword shrieked, cleaving the earth asunder.

They clashed. Sparks flew through the air like lost souls as two enormous forces resisted one another.

What meets her is a wall of pure power as a glint of a sword explodes from its sheath. The ground buckles beneath and the floor cracks, wind rushing against my face from the conflict. It’s like a paradox of the Unstoppable Force meeting the Immovable Object with the world trying to correct the conflict.

Naturally, the spear would hold the advantage, the size of the weapon granting superior range but the time that would normally be needed to pull back the spear with each thrust is reduced to zero within Lancers hands.

Likewise it is met in turn with pure strength, calling out to me. Saber gives off an aura of domination, of weight, of sheer presence. It feels like a tidal wave about to crush me and each blow in kind carries that weight. Technique is created to counter power and each side favours the other.

A whirlwind of silver swings from my left, with another explosion of sparks and sound Lancer parries with a strike of her own.

The two meet with neither side relenting.

Another strike.
    Another-
    Another-
    Another-

Clash after clash.

Before me is a blur of silver and white, brown and red. An insane cacophony I cannot comprehend with mortal eyes. Even so in an instant, the distance closes with Lancer taking the step forward!

“A spearman fighting close against a sword?”

The first words I hear from Saber, his voice to deep and powerful, yet holding a warmth to it like a hearth fire. Contracting the blaze.

Lancer’s temper is a roaring fire.
    In movement the warrior is vulnerable, and with Lancer unchecked, a downpour of might is swung down upon her.

“-Impressive.”

Lancer brings up the spear and blocks the sword, the sheer force of impact generating enough wind to knock me back even from this distance. If I were any lesser, I feel as if I would have been crushed myself. Even still Lancer shows no weaknesses. Another gale of wind roars from Lancer as she howls, the sword swings down splitting the ground in two, faster and stronger than the eyes can comprehend.

It meets no resistance. No force deflects the blow. Nothing stops it in its tracks. It couldn’t miss, and yet –

“I’m faster.”

She’s beside him

I realise what happened, she tilted the spear and the sword moved in that path, like water and wind the path of least resistance was followed, Lancer took the split second moment to move to his left, the weaker side we saw from earlier. He’s open-

Thrusts so fast even the afterimages are blurred.

Explosions of sound with each strike sounding like a gunshot at point blank.

Several thrusts connected directly with his vitals. His arteries were slashed apart, and his forehead was pierced - but it turns out that this was not the case.

“…?”

Lancer steps away, granting the two distance, staring at her foe with intent.

“How could these wounds be shallow?”

Through her eyes, I see each point she struck; wrists, throat, guts, kneecaps, groin… and far more. He should be crippled and dead many times over. Yet he stands. Laughing no less.

He stabs his sword into the ground, making it his sheath, laughing loudly and clapping in applause.

He beckons to us, yet addresses as if he’s inspiring a crowd.

“Excellent! Most excellent Lancer.
    I’ve never seen a mortal use a spear with such beauty and speed in my life, why I only wish you could have faced me in life so I may have actually had a challenge in combat. However I do not believe you have been as blesses with fortune as I.”

He wags a finger.

“Another step and more force and I would certainly be struck down, it seems as if you do not possess the protection of fate that I do however.”

He parades around like a self-important king speaking of war, does he think of himself as some King of Combat?

Saber takes a hold of his blade, pulling it upwards before placing it in his own sheath before grinning with a wicked smile. Saber’s fangs and brighter than his sword, far brighter. Yes, he’s of a far more sunny disposition compared to his master.

He shakes his head.

“However, I have a truth wish I desire to see be born. This isn’t an opportunity I want to end but would you please humour me with some fun before I am forced to end you?”

Saber’s magical energy suddenly exploded, almost as if a switch had been flipped.

He tossed his sword into the air before catching the reverse end of it holding the weapon backwards. His fangs are twisted into that smile, he feels joy, he feels rage, the wellspring of magical energy continues to rise as I feel a pure and true killing intent. At that instant, his vast murderous intent makes me forget to breathe.

Saber moved.

The wolf-like man vanished in an instant, kicking a trail of dust and shattered tile. Violent winds caused by Saber’s movement buffeted the clearing, in less than a second he was already in the space between me and Lancer!

I spring my magical circuits to life and prepare my foundation as I see Lancer’s back, her eyes widen in horror as she turns but in that opportunity, Saber draws his blade and with a flicker of motion turns upon Lancer!

“Now let’s play!”

Fresh blood spills out.
    In that pool of blood, with a body that should not be able to get back up…

"Ag…"

She stands up unconsciously.
    …It's as if…
    She is saying I would be killed if she didn't do so-

-- I must do something.

- I must have the power to do something.

-- I do. Yes, I do, right at my side.

I look over to my command spell for a moment but find myself hit with a great force with even greater distance placed between me and Justice and Saber. Even with her body almost cleaved in two, Lancer still supports me, carrying my useless weight over her shoulders.

New! Battle Continuation Rank: A

A Skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury. This Skill represents the ability to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up, consisting of one's strength of vitality in predicaments.

She raises me to my feet before stretching, standing besides me before standing firmly to attention.
    Both of these individuals should be dead by all means.

How many trials have they overcome?

How many legends have they given form?

I can’t help but feel admiration for these individuals, I cannot help but realise I am truly out of their league. This is what it means to be a Heroic Spirit after all.

New! Restructuring Rank: B

A self-recovery skill that grants one an automatic healing factor. An evolution of the Battle Continuation skill. At this rank, even severe and otherwise lethal wounds can be healed in moments, provided at least that the spiritual core is intact and enough mana is supplied.

My whole body throbs as mana seeps out further yet. But I must endure.

Endure the pain.
    Endure the pain.
    Endure the pain.

Dazed, I stagger. I position myself to face the enemy with a renewed will and glance to her. I see the fire in her eyes behind the icy façade of her composure.

Now I might stop holding back.

She already has formulated a plan.

But I can’t help but feel I need to do more.

I look down on my hand, the Command spells, then I look up. I think of Risa, I think of Lancer, I think of Father, hell I even think of Reiner, I think of…
    An odd light in the distance that nobody else seems to notice, being swallowed by the fight.

We have a spectator, we are not alone, we are in even more danger.

Wiseup! Saber

Parameters

STR (Strength) – A+
    END (Endurance) – B+
    AGI (Agility) – B+
    MGI (Magic) – C
    LCK (Luck) – EX
    NP (Noble Phantasm) – A+

Skills
    Monstrous Body: B
    The possession of a fearsome body gained either by birth or transformation. Leaving one’s humanity, it is to embrace the primal drive of beasts that linger within but weakens ones spiritual status as a hero. In the case of Saber; STR, END and AGI increase.

Further knowledge is needed to reveal more about this skill.

Protection of Fate: A
    A blessing from the Fates themselves that spin the threads of destiny. He appears invincible, his LCK is maximised beyond any level regardless of whether one is in combat of not.

Wiseup! Lancer

Parameters

STR (Strength) – B
    END (Endurance) – C
    AGI (Agility) – A
    MGI (Magic) – D
    LCK (Luck) – E
    NP (Noble Phantasm) – A

Skills
    Magic Resistance: E
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat.

Due to the circumstances of her life, she possesses the lowest level of Magic Resistance highly unbecoming of her life.
    Bravery: A+
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. Bonus effect of increasing melee damage.

A high rank befitting the title 'Bravest of Yamato', Lancer would fight many great heroes and even fight Divine Spirits bare handed - considered by all to be the bravest in the land.

Charisma: E
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles.

Lancer possesses a brutal ferocity in combat that inspires awe and fear of armies who fight on her side believing in her might more than anything else. However the morale of the troops she leads is very low.

Mana Burst (Wind): A
    The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of Magical Energy. In the case of Lancer, she is able to shroud her body and weapons in powerful sharp winds comparable to spells from the Age of Gods.

The ability doesn't originate from her body, but the power of a weapon she once possessed with remnant power residing within her. If summoned in the Saber class, the rank would be greater.

???: EX
    Possession of the perfect weapon-like body capable of adapting to any situation. Appears to allow one to temporarily generate skills of any kind with the rank depending on the compatibility.

Warning! Choice time!

How to proceed in this scenario:

1. Attempt to flee, Lancer appears to be able to fully restore herself but this is out of our favour
    2. Allow Lancer to try out her plan against Saber while you sneak away to the light, risking your servant in the process.
    3. Fight together as one! Risking your own life in the process
    4. Command Lancer to use her Noble Phantasm to cut down Saber, may risk using a command spell if initially refused. Will likely reveal her identity to the watcher as well as Saber and justice if they survive.
    5. Write in!

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; March 21st, 2019 at 06:35 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully we don't get owned by Justice. Or shot in the back. Or Lancer getting shot through the heart, giving making love a bad name.

Interesting Perfect Form-type Skill though. Also glad to see my template in action again.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    3- Fight together as one!

Blog Entries

Dead End or not, let us see.

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    5 - Fight defensively, reinforce eyes to see spectator and hope they save you
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I’ve gotten a few messages off people who say they’re a bit nervous to join in at this stage (either the duration of the Quest being a factor, not fully caught up and a few other things) but the point is so that you all have fun, so by all means join in!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Ahahahaha...haha...

Who is that very shy and awkward person?

Um, Hello...

Errr...

You's 5.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Writers notes

I've been quite ill for over the past week so this has been delayed considerably till now. Frankly it shows where i was delirious when i was writing but i just Had To Post it,

I also need to update the OP at some point

Seigi Nomikata
    Phase: Evening

“Then we only have one choice then.”

[BGM ON]

Lancer faces Saber.
    This magus faces ‘Justice’.

This has been a battle with no footholds with neither servant going all out. With those two apparently going to progess from toying to each other, she needs to defeat Saber before he utilises his Noble Phantasm or I need to defeat Justice again.

Lancer and Saber both smile before vanishing instantly, likely moving too fast for my eyes to track. That just leave me-

And him.

"I look forward to killing you."

An animalistic snarl crawls up his throat as he lunges-

It almost doesn’t register, so smooth, so fast, I blink and see a flash of steel and his knife glances against my chin. I sear with pain as crimson streaks across my face and the sickly smell filling my nostrils and his knee drives into my gut.

All the wind is knocked out as I reel back, gasping for air as Justice raises his knife, twirling it in his hand, I raise my own to try and block but the blade drives into my palm. First I felt nothing but disbelief, before pressure grew and a dull throbbing as blood begins to spill out.

I roar before summoning my strength in my hand to close around the knife, not letting him pull out of me before swinging with a Shuto Yoko Ganmen Uchi knife hand strike to the side of the head, reeling discombobulated I pull back my striking hand to fire out an Uraken back hand shot to the cheek. Weak shots but I divine through his body, the wind element flows like blood and I feel where his body will move next.

I feel, I divine, I understand.

Dazed, Justice swings with a wild haymaker, and I employ an elbow block and drive my fist with a body shot. His hand slips free of the knife still imbedded in me and returns with a feral counter which scrapes at the back of my head, enduring it, I swing my injured arm up and drive the elbow to weaken his jaw.

He steps back, the flesh contact is broken, but as my pain grows I continue my assault. Now with a Yoko Tettsui: Sideways hammer-fist strike I feel it fracture beneath my force. I pull my arm back and thrust forward with a Teisho Uchi: Palm-heel strike to his ribs, a decisive crack explodes like thunder. I follow up with a Shuto Uchi: Knifehand strike to the solar plexus. It’s sluggish but my current weakness doesn’t compare to his rage. He’s sloppy but there’s something else…

I take another step with the intent on finishing this but in a blur he’s already upon me, both our hands locked together, both pressing forwards.

I feel my power ebb as my body fails and hands looses under his grip. As my blood begins to mask my vision and I lower to a knee, I see his body piece itself back together, bones reforming and locking into place while he shines.

Literally shines. Light is illuminating from behind him. In my haze I can’t tell if they look like wings or arms.

He gives a wicked smile with venom in his tongue “I wasn’t expecting you to drive me to this but I don’t know what it is about you that makes this so hard but you need to die by my hand.”

I light up my magical circuits through my crippled body as it aches, screaming out for it to stop but I channel the incomplete Magnum Opus.

“Ni-gredo"
    A single hand shines with light and lightning crackles around as I feel his energy course through me as every bone in my arm shatters and every muscle tears asunder as my blood shoots out like geysers.

I do not scream.

Aloud.

The pain does not give me the courtesy.

It hurts.

It hurts.

It hurts.

It hurts.

It hurts.

Make it stop.

Make it stop.

Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop.

It consumes me, the pain, the tears, the blood. But there’s that smile.

And her voice.

Aoi’s voice.

“Brother.”

For a moment he his grip softens but it renews with another wave of strength.

"You caught me off guard on the bridge, but anything you can do..."

It twists into a psychopathic smile.

"I can do to -- and she can't stop me."

And so I do the only thing I can.

“Swap!”

With the last of my strength, I push forward with my remaining functional limbs, my legs keel back and channel Nigredo. Almost 99% of the mass of the human body is made up of six elements: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus. Only about 0.85% is composed of another five elements: potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, and magnesium. All 11 are necessary for life.

Divine, analyse, destroy.

I drive my skull into his nose and it explodes in a cacophony of blood and cartilage.

As he falls, Saber comes crashing down from the sky like a meteor I get one last look at Justice, oddly enough his hands. They’re bloody and his skin is cracked, damaging himself… Which gives me an idea.

‘Lancer, make sure he overuses that ability. Stall him.’

My own mastery of it is semi-efficient at best however there is the risk of exhaustion and self destruction as evident here. Lancer could easily finish him but I need to find out a few things here.

As my servant charges forth like a missile, tackling Justice to the side that leaves me with a new challenger.

"Please desist, I have no desire to harm children."
    The boisterousness of before is gone, his demeanour has shifted to that of a responsible adult. The tone change is quite jarring and quite odd. His stance is lax, his sword is down and nothing but openings.

My movements are sloppy, my arms and legs are flailing wildly as I try to hit him but he just catches my broken wrist.

“You were playing together with Lancer but you’re just insulting me.”
    I snarl at him.
    "Murdering defenceless kids is hardly fitting for a hero..."A-a child?

I’m just a child?!

Something snaps.

“Would a hero follow a murderous maniac!”
    I yell gesturing towards where I believe Justice to do be. “OR WOULD THEY LET THEIR GUARD DOWN!”

And I flip the metaphysical trigger and open the floodgates, I give him everything.

A sharp crackle suddenly ran through the air as my entire body was suddenly wreathed in light and pure magical energy. In a flash, the ground was torn up leaving the two of us in a crater of dirt and rubble. I was unaffected by my own attach but Saber is covered in wounds, minor and moderate.

“Now!”

A flinch on the end of the wolf warrior from my assault, just for a moment, and Justice and Saber have shifted into the same position. I feel Lancer move behind me, leaping into the air and I see a torrent of blades forged of pure wind rail down upon the duo, Saber moves, swinging his sword to parry-

But it’s a feint.

I move. Charging forward with my broken limbs flailing behind me. I leap and curl into a ball mid-air before unfurling and releasing my last drop, a sphere of energy encapsulates me before it expands and everything breaks down; dust, air, all of it.

But it’s not enough, Saber still stands with sword raised upward to block, he stands strong, unfolding, unbreakable, the injuries already healing themselves. There he is, smiling-

Lancer’s thrown spear flies like a warhead over me, an explosion of force almost toppling me as I land. Aim true it flies into the exposed unguarded side of Saber and through him into Justice.

“…”

We are all silent for different reasons. Disbelief it worked and pride on our part, the obvious for these antagonists.

Justice doesn’t appear to react, he merely just stands and stares, the one who is fearful is Saber. Screaming like a father who just saw their four year old get hit by a car, he leaps towards the younger man and launches into the sky and fading into darkness.

At the cost of almost killing myself once more, I'm alive.
    ---

Death Avoided!

Status Changes

Seigi
    Exhausted -> Critically Injured
    If immediate medical attention is not given, health will only deteriorate further

Lancer
    Fully Energised -> Normal

Warning! Choice time!

How to proceed in this scenario:

Warning! Choice time!

1. Head to that light on the skyscraper, we still have to find Risa
    2. Leave Risa and save yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Also shoutout to You for guessing at least one thing right on our discord chat.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; May 29th, 2018 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Formatting changed right as I posted

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, really not sure if I should've voted for You's choice, but I wanted to trust Lancer over the mysterious watcher.

I'll pick 1, if only because death is easier to recover from than fucking up a route.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, conserving stamina would've been wiser, this is like HF Normal all over again.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    1, and hopefully Lancer's "Swiss Army Knife" Skill can help us staunch our injury.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries