Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 253033343536374045 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Wait, shouldn’t Salomonis be in effect for Lukas?
    Ah shoot, lemme fix that.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lukas:
    Stay and enjoy the meal
    He's lying

Seigi:
    Acknowledge the individual

Voting seems pretty unanimous so far.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Voting seems pretty unanimous so far.
    True, I'll leave it open a little while longer if someone goes against the grain and throws in an unexpected wildcard that people end up going towards though i doubt that'll be the case.

I fell behind on this when I took off, but it's gone in a seriously cool direction. Well done, Hermes.

I like the above plan:

Lukas:
    Stay and enjoy the meal
    He's lying

Seigi:
    Acknowledge the individual

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quest Master's Apologies

I know progress has been incredibly slow as of late but work has been long, exhausting and drained any spare time and motivation I've had over the past month. Had barely any time for myself, let alone all this. The Quest has kind of suffered for it too with interest seeming to dim a little (this isn't me complaining by the way, I know nothing will compare to the time where I asked which Route to go down and everyone and their mother went with Risa or Lancer (poor You was the only one to go for Reiner). I can't promise updates will be regular or of a consistently decent size but I will TryTM nevertheless. Here's hoping I start being able to pick this up properly again.

On a side note, when I try and update the OP which character information, It freaks out and cancels so I'll be transitioning them into Googe Docs and linking them down the line when I get the time.

Lukas Adalbert
    Day 1: Afternoon
    Fuyuki City: Center District

Character Status

Lukas

Health: Good
    Mana: Good

Hyatt Hotel

Comfort: Great
    Supplies: Normal
    Defence: Normal

He’s lying.

I doubt that the name of Seigi Nomikata is all that common and even though it genuinely could simply be an unfortunate co-incidence, I don’t trust this man who calls himself “Seigi”.

Seigi here is about as suspicious as they come. Striking up conversation is fine but there’s so much here; melodramatic dialogue, questionable fashion choices and naturally the not so thinly-veiled threat alongside the deliberate handshake.

The best way to respond is with kindness.

“Thank you for your concern good sir”, I respond in the most sickeningly sweet way. “The moment my work is done, I’ll be gone. If we’re lucky we’ll never see each other again.”

When people are needlessly cruel, sometimes for the sole sake of cruelty alone, this particular kind of response only winds them up further. Instead of scaring me he’s only wound himself up further.

He’s visibly uncomfortable as his expressions shifts to a more traditional disgust and judging from the slow grind of ‘Seigi’s’ teeth, I would be correct. It would seem his emotional maturity is even less than that of the teenager who entered my shop a few years ago.

I’ve known him for a minute and I can say with confidence that I do not like this man in the slightest, not as much as El-Melloi but there’s time for him.

Fortunately, the two of us are interrupted by a third individual. A rather tall man who must be in his mid-twenties enters are little scene. He has a rather charming face and a mischievous… almost wolfish smile, they’re not the waitress asking what I’d like to order but I’m certainly not complaining at who has come instead.

“Come on now” in an expectedly husky warm tone, contrast to this child “what have I told you about bothering strangers.”

The youth besides me swiftly turns his head to avert his gaze before giving an impetuous groan from his mouth. A few seconds pass as this man continues to stare down his opponents, eventually ‘Seigi’ relents before a mumbling

“Sorry…”

“Oh, beg your pardon?” he presses further with a smile “This good gentleman didn’t hear you.” Speaking for me isn’t necessary but a useful tool in his arsenal specifically wired against ‘Seigi’ here.

“I SAID I’m Sorry. Ok?!

That was loud enough to turn a few heads. I can feel their gaze on him, on me and this man here. No that he seems to mind. No, this is what he wants, he relishes it as that wicked smile grows – attention is only giving him more authority and power here.

He tilts his head to the side. “Good, run along now. I’ve settled the bill. I’ll join you outside in a few minutes.”

As ‘Seigi’ leaves, the slightly older man gives a sigh of relief.

“Wew – sorry about that. He’s not that bad but he can be a handful around strangers, people get the wrong impression of him sometimes. Seigi certainly doesn’t help the matter.

He can’t be a parent or guardian, there’s no resemblance and the age gap is not what you’d expect. Perhaps childhood friends who grew apart but have reconciled recently? No, the age gap still wouldn’t account for that. Lovers perhaps? Not accounting for taste that’s for sure.

“I hope he didn’t trouble ya too bad. He’s got an… odd manner of speaking sometimes.”

In other new, water is wet.

“No, I’m fine but thank you for asking.” I answer, giving a slight nod of thanks. I can handle rude customers no problem but assistance is always appreciated. “You certainly got a handle of things quite quick.”

“Ah- nothing big. I’m just good with managing people.” He smiles again and gives a warm, gentle chuckle as he scratches his head. “Only reason paying the bill took so long was because I wasn’t familiar with the tipping culture here and it led to a bit of a misunderstanding.” He gives another little laugh. “Turns out there can be such a thing as paying too much. Ah well.”

It’s like a scene out of a cheep romance movie with a close up of the main male love interest with all other sound drowning out. I even notice that under his popped collar, there’s a button undone revealing the top of his pecs, certainly well sculpted and chiselled but the most picturesque thing is that smile.
    I’m not sure if Arwyn would appreciate a picture with him but the though captures my mind for a moment. But still.

“Anyways, hope to see ya again some time. Name’s Saber.”

He extends his hand, much like ‘Seigi’ but at the same time completely different. I grasp his hand firmly and shake it well

“Lukas Adalbert, pleasure to meet you my dear Saber.”

Given the reaction of ‘Seigi’ here, I believe the real Seigi Nomikata or someone close to him is present here and this fraud is an enemy of his – and in all likelihood by extension – this Saber individual as well.

Those two are certainly an odd couple but I suppose there’s something to be said about opposites attracting. With that the man I now know to be called Saber turns and leaves, I resume my seat. And just in time for the waitress… I think I will order the steak after all.

A good choice to be sure.
    Here is your selection of choices

Main menu
    Where to visit next for information:

• The Temple
    • The Old Matou Residence
    • The Old Tohsaka Residence
    • The Old Enizbern Residence
    • The Harbour
    • The Big Bridge
    • Go Back to the Station Front
    • Give up gathering information today and prepare for the night.

Bonus Menu:
    I did say something about souvenirs I believe:

• Take a photo of the food
    • Take a photo of the restaurant
    • Take a selfie with Saber
    • I think I’ll pass on photo’s for now.

Seigi Nomikata
    Day ?
    Fuyuki City?

Character Status

Seigi
    Health: Critical
    Mana: Critical

As my vision begins to focus, I begin to see someone approach. He’s short, wait… no he’s young. A child.

“Hello Mister Nomikata.”

Ah yes, I recall. He’s that child from before. Master of Archer and the one who finishes me off after Justice and Saber double teamed me. He has either excellent or utterly terrible timing, either way, he is certainly a magus through and through. He clearly needs me alive right now, otherwise he would have just killed me when he had the chance. God knows I certainly wouldn't have been able to stop him.

“Afternoon” I say in response in a raspy voice, god my throat is dry.

In truth I have no idea what the time is.

Eventually I see him. A table, a chair I am- ah yea. Chained to a chain. I couldn’t notice earlier but I am indeed chained to a chair. It’s like a scene from a cheap action film where the protagonist is being interrogated by some one-dimensional side villains before staging a heroic escape.

The problem is that I wouldn’t exactly consider myself protagonist material at the moment and I have no plan of escape.

He sits and stares me down. I try to pick apart what I can make out of his face but from what I can tell, this kid’s got no emotion behind him whatsoever.

“So, is there a reason you, York and Justice kidnapped me or did you want to just stare into my beautiful blue eyes?”

The runt smiles, the kind you’d expect from a creepy kid using a magnifying glass to burn ants. Either this kid is a real creep or he’s an excellent actor.

“Me and my colleague have no connection to the Master of Saber. We needed you and striking after you had overextended yourself was the perfect opportunity.”

Kick a man while he’s down. Good kid.

“Couldn’t you have just knocked on my door and asked politely. I can be pretty accommodating.”

The child makes a cutting action with his fingers to quite literally cut me off here.

“No. We had no guarantee and given your history with my colleague, this was the best option for us both.”

Both? He’s pretending to care for my wellbeing?

The child brushes some hair out of his face and crosses his arms.

“Now allow me to introduce myself.” The child says “I know exactly who you are but I am Lazlow Grimmwold, my lineage dates close to the Age of Gods and am likely the most powerful magus you will ever meet.” He pauses again, either for effect, to get the measure of me or to carefully consider his next words. “You have something my employer wants and we want but first we need to answer some questions.”

Ah shit

“Firstly” he asks “You did not choose to enter the Holy Grail War. That decision was forced upon you. You have opportunities to leave in the past but you have remained. Why?"

I pause for a moment and think.

Father forced my hand, Risa came. When Father was taken, Lancer was called forth. Since then we've been doing what we can to establish ourselves and look after one another. I was content to simply study at Clock Tower but these last few days, somehow it feels like a year has passed in that time and I've either made a world of progress or none at all.

I think of the craft, myself and my friends. What they've done for me, what I've done for them and how I've bettered myself over this time. And I know my truth.

"I-"

Critical Choice

What has been your motivation?

• To reach The Root
    • Material wealth and power
    • To protect my friends
    • To survive
    • Refuse to give a proper answer
    • Write in!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    -Uhh... Tohsaka? They understand leyline afterall
    -Saber selfie

Seigi:
    -Protect friends

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lukas: To the Tohsaka Residence, and a Selfie with "Saber"

Seigi: Write-In: To reach the Root, but a path divergent from Nomikata Sr's. One that doesn't forsake the lives of others -- the lives of the ones I care for. It may be a fool’s path, but it is a path we will tread without hesitation.

---

Don't forget Salomonis~
    Last edited by SleepMode; September 26th, 2018 at 11:28 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

The Icon of Self-Deprecation Xaodzilla's Avatar
    Lukas: The Old Tohsaka Residence
    Seigi: To protect my friends

Blog Entries
    Lukas:
    To the temple.
    Selfie with Saber.

Seigi:
    To protect my friends.

Lukas:
    To the temple
    Selfie w/ Saber

Seigi:
    To protect my friends.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In my attempts to update the OP in regards to the mages, it crashes every time so I am now switching to making google docs of the characters. First up is our very own Seigi Nomikata. Not all details have been revealed but it is a start.

I'll also post it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ???

[BGM ON]

Dusty air. A sign of a place not maintained. A sign a place is not loved. A trait of a place that is a house rather than a home.

The warmth of the radiators is a simple solace to a cold dusty room. The rain against the windows create a constant cascade of distraction.

The noise, the constant drumming against the ears with the air that feels like it’s gently choking me with an icy embrace…

Yes, even I think it’s too hard to study.

“Hey
    ■■■■■”

“Yes Emilia?”

A homunculus, an artificial life form shaped after humans, typically to serve humans. Age is meaningless as the receive all their knowledge from the moment of their conception. Often, they are awoken, dressed and serving before a baby would have cried for the first time. Furthermore physicality does not matter either as they do not age. One could appear to be 10 years old but have lived decades longer than your, on the other hand one could appear fully grown but have existed in this world for only a few months.

But my Emilia is different.

“I hear you’re leaving soon…”

She remains skulking in the corner, desolate, vacant eyes staring down into an abyss as she curls herself into a ball. Her voice hollows out and feels so empty.

She’s so beautiful, I hate seeing her like this.

I want to hold her, to swoop in and take her away, take her to a place where she always smiles. A place where I can hold her against me and tell her that she is mine. But all I can muster is feebly reaching out to her before retracting my arm.

So pathetic.

“It’s what you’ve always wanted” she continues, facing no one in particular. “I know you’ve always hated this place, hated this world and everything you could never have, hated him.”

She only speaks a truth I told her myself but hearing her say it makes my stomach ache, probably in the same way I made her feel.

I do not know if I finally muster the courage to step closer but I find myself a step forward. Why cannot I seem to move myself?

“I just thought in this world you would make for yourself there would be a place for me. Where we could be together with no one in our way.”

My darling that is all I’ve wanted ever since I’ve ever laid eyes on you. Yes others have taken my eye but that was before you. They were secrets I kept to myself but you’re the only one who I needed. The only one I’ve-

“It’s just after everything, after everything you promised. The way you held me, the way you told me how you felt…”

I’m holding her now

I can feel her small frame trembling in my arms. I’ve known her since we were both little. Father decided that I should have one companion growing up so he had commissioned a growing homunculus, who would age like a human for a while.”

“How you showed me…”

I cannot talk but I can feel. Her skin is cold, so cold. Even next to this blistering radiator.

“It was be best moment of my life, you’ve always been a part of my life but at that moment I belonged to you…”

She can say it again, and again, and again. Yes, she belongs to me, she is mine and no one else’s.

“I think in that moment you belonged to me to.”

She is right. There have been other women but none have had me like her.

A few choice glances, perhaps an accidental peak of skin. A few stolen kisses maybe. I’ve even felt the bodies of the maids too, even the voluptuous ones that serve my father directly. Nothing however has compared to my Emilia though.

“When was the last time you initiated contact with your father? I know he’s always had time for everything else but you never tried with him and resented him for it.”

She finally looks up at me.

“Did you resent me too?”

No, don’t say that. Please don’t say that. Anything but that.

She was the only thing that’s kept me going this far, is this what she wants?

To make me cry?

And why can’t I say anything?!

“I’m sorry” she says, brushing the tears from my face, some still trickling down to my lips with a salt taste dancing on them. “That was cruel of me. It’s just… I just don’t have a lot of time left.”

I’ve known this too.

And three words finally come out of my mouth. The three words that are the most powerful and most dangerous thing you can say to another.

“I love you.”

And I kiss her.

And I take her, then and there. Our first time and our last.

The way I made her sing. The way she bucked and writhed against my touch, my fingers, her taste against my tongue. How she would beg and scream my name. And how she devoured me…

against my tongue. How she would beg and scream my name. And how she devoured me…

I never saw Emilia again.

I left for Clock Tower the next day and took everything that wasn’t nailed down with me.

I took everything.

And till now, I never looked back on miss-remembered memories.

I finally understand.

[BGM]

Seigi Nomikata
    Day ?
    Fuyuki City?

Character Status

Seigi

Health: Critical
    Mana: Critical

I remain sitting, bound to my previous position sitting infront of this child, no other ways about it – my deadliest opponent in this bloodbath, this Lazlow, is a child.

“This isn’t about me.” I begin, “It never has been.”

He raised an eyebrow, this appears to be a concept foreign to him.

“I beg your pardon?”

“Look kid, you’re right. I didn’t come here for myself. The path of the magus is to see The Root and I want that. Magi sacrifice themselves for it. They risk life and limb, spending a lifetime to furthering their field before passing the torch onto the next generation.”

Lazlow nods, this is common knowledge.

“I didn’t hear that much earlier but you did let slip to Yorkie that my father is still in Fuyuki. And I think it’s safe to say you know what the Master of Saber knows in regards to his magecraft.”

Master Grimmwold nods again. Just as well, I’m not particularly in a state to explain the failed murder-sex ritual to a twelve year old or it’s history. I don’t exactly have too much attachment to my deceased siblings, you can’t miss what you never had, but still it’s uncomfortable.

“Other magi may die in accidents trying to reach The Root. My father was willing to kill his children. My mother, may she rot, seemed eager for it.”

I let my facial expression speak for itself. It’s the first time I’ve talked about my mother in a long time. It’s not something I particularly want to do anytime soon.

“My point being Lazlow is that Magi will sacrifice anything for their goals. I’m not much different, you saw what I ‘ve been like in fights.”

A slight smile curls on his face and continues to grow.

“It’s been impressive – relatively speaking.” The boy interects with a backhanded compliment. “You haven’t been blessed with much but what you have done has been impressive giving your standing. You’ve faced people who should have killed you outright but have come through every time, that faux-familiar at the beginning, that blood cursing bodyguard, the heir of the Corvella family… Even against a Saber class servant and his master who wants your guts for garters.”

He’s not incorrect.

“Seigi, you are willing to destroy yourself to achieve your goals. Despite your inferior blood, your will, your determination to survive and reach for the horizon is what makes you a true magus.”

Erm, thank you?

I’m not sure how to react, so I just nod. Better to be elegant that show weakness.

“You’re very welcome, though I’m afraid I must disappoint you. I would not have made it without other people, my servant, my friend… I can think of half a dozen instances in the past week that without either I’d either be dead or lost here.”

The smile starts to fade and is replaced with the earlier look of confusion, this time more pronounced as the façade begins to crack.

“Look kid. I though that my goal was to reach The Root, just like you. If I was to end myself on that path, then I could accept it, it was my choice, but not to risk the lives of the people I care about, like my father before me.”

I flick my dyed red hair out of my face so I can see him clear as day as my senses have now fully returned to me.

“I thought it was a fools path, but I was wrong, it is not the path I walk. See, the reason I’m willing to die is because there are people I care about more than the craft, more than the origin of it all, more than myself. I fight for them.”

I understand now. I see myself, reflected in the shards of myself and I know who I see.

“I may be a magus, but I am also a human.”

[BGM OFF]

And finally, as a wash of emotion leaked from the cracks in his mask, Lazlow’s face finally settles on his view of me.

Disappointment.

He shrugs as he rises to his feet and extends out his face to my face and with a quick whirl of magical energy, I see a card slip out of his sleeve before the image on it covers my mind

“Very well, the hard way it is.”
    Judgement
    ==========

And my vision fades once again.
    Status Update

Hope you've enjoyed the little Seigi-bomb because progress is now locked until Lukas reaches the next milestone (and lets me get both protags to the similar speed). Be warned, with Lukas currently on Easy Mode, Seigi is currently on Hard Mode until he is free from his current predicament... if he gets that far, if the wrong choices are made Seigi may never make it out while Lukas continues his journey.

Along with the snippet, I was originally going to write the next section for Lukas as well but I figured you (and I) had waited long enough for the update - that and it was more fitting to go with Seigi than Lukas.

Anyways, here's to more Lukas content coming your way hopefully sooner rather than later.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Hiatus Over, Coffee Dandy NOW!

Lukas Adalbert
    Fuyuki City: Center District

(I need to make proper icons at some point)

Character Status

Lukas

Health: Good

Hyatt Hotel

Comfort: Great
    Supplies: Normal
    Defence: Normal

“Oh, Saber?”

I have a few quick moments before the waitress arrives. I have a curious thought pass my mind, he may not be a local but he certainly has struck up a pleasant introduction. Remembering the camera in my possession, I reach for it as-

“Oh, you want a picture? Of course! I’m told I’m photogenic.”

“Wh-”

Before I have so much as an opportunity to say what I actually want, he swiftly pulls me into him with one hand and takes the camera with another and for a few moments, my vision is blurred with a series of loud snaps and bright flashes. I do my best to smile but Saber is taking control and didn’t wait for me, so I do my best to just roll with it.

A little dazed, I slump back in my chair and shake the stars out of my eyes. With that Saber slams down a handful of Polaroids.

“Heh. There’s you go, first batch are on the house.”

On the house? It’s not even his camera and he took them before I could even ask.

“Anyways got to go before my friend here causes any more trouble. I’ll see you around!”

And like that Saber’s gone, I never even said ‘bye’. Huh, it appears I’ve befriended a well meaning but somewhat oblivious model.

And with that time to eat lunch.

It’s beautiful. The quality of the meat, the careful application of the sear, the seasoning, sause, onions… It’s the most delicious meal I’ve had in a while actually. I savour each mouthful, careful not to give into temptation and shove in all in my mouth in one go. Each minute passing by is blissful as I eat, right now with Saber gone, it feels like the whole world is composed of just myself and this steak, this dish…

This empty dish.

Like all good things, this bounty of food is not limitless and I’ve finished the meal. I make sure to clear the plate before washing it down with a drink.

Anyways, time to pay the bill and continue with my work.

Status Update

Health: Great

Approximated funds: £970.00 (¥1455)

Going out for meals and spending money can have status benefiting effects. The better the meal, the greater the benefit although these are usually more expensive.

Lukas Adalbert
    Fuyuki City: Miyama Town -South

The walk to the old Tohsaka Mansion is pleasant enough, it’s a little distance from here from the center district to the south end of Miyama town where the western styled houses are. In passing some of the locals and asking for directions, I hear a few repeated phrases.

Old.

Empty.

Ghosts.

Haunted.

That last one pops up a few times. The Tohsaka household has a reputation for being a haunted house and amusingly enough, they’re not half wrong.

The mansion is built upon one of the magical leyline here the land has a strong spiritual presence resulting in strong conduits of power, attracting magical energy like moths to a flame. Currently I am one of those moths.

Fortunately, I don’t have to worry about the family themselves for the most part. After the disaster that was the Third Grail War where one of the participants leaked information to the Nazi’s of all people, the Tohsaka’s have given up on the grail and taken a new path, which is how I assume the heir of that family and the Edelfelt family came together.

However, the family has shifted back over to the United Kingdom and left this place empty for the most part.

Ah, quite beautiful in a familiar way.

I feel…

I feel…

A mild dull pain in my forehead, just a headache, that will pass for now but that’s not the point.

What’s curious is that I can’t pick up on much of a magical presence here.

Near a workshop of a great magus, I would usually feel a well of power and half a dozen alarms going off when ever a student tried to get into their lecturers study. But I feel nothing.

It may as well be an ordinary house.

Choice time

Time to put on a deerstalker and play detective!... Or not.

• Examine the leyline itself look for other key points
    • Check for a Bounded Field or other traps
    • See if someone else is here first
    • Steal from the place
    • Claim Squatters Rights and move base here
    • Write in!

It appears that Salomonis is not working due to interference. Too much caffeine clearly.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; November 7th, 2018 at 05:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    2: Check for a Bounded Field or other traps.

Blog Entries
    2: Check for Bounded Fields or other traps
    Last edited by SleepMode; November 8th, 2018 at 04:35 PM.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    2: Check for Bounded Field or other traps

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We're currently at a tie, unfortunately the Thunderdome is being rented out by Daneel at the moment so we need someone to make a tiebreaker.

Blog Entries
    I'll change my vote to 2.

Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Hiatus

Making an announcement regarding the Quest. Its’s no secret that progress has been slow as of late and it’s because frankly I’m not in the best state of things - stress, my job, other commitments and all that. The last few months in particular have been a bit of a struggle for me and the Quest has frankly been lacking in quality for the last few months in my own opinion.

As a result, I’m putting a pause on this for the time being until I’m in a better headspace. It might be a few more weeks, another month or maybe even next year. Hopefully this will make a comeback sooner rather than later. In the meantime, I recommend you take up the other quests ConQuest and Fimbulwinter if you haven’t already.

Thank you for coming along for the ride so far.