Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seigi Nomikata
    Phase: Evening
    Condition: Critically Injured

I’m racing. My heart can’t stop racing, eyes constantly looking for a threat. Saber and Justice? Gone. Lancer? Fine, keeping her distance. Risa? Still not here.

Where?

-Roof!

The light I saw earlier, an Archer would have picked us off easily, whatever it is knows where Risa must be. It’s the only reason I can think of. Staying here only makes us an even bigger target and given that Lancer just dominated Saber and her master is in a state, staying still is a death sentence.

It would be too easy to go home and relax, maybe get one of my arms semi-functional but we’d get picked off and in no state to fight back.

I can see Lancer moving her lips but I can’t/refuse to hear her. Perhaps my mind is coming up with excuses, probably right, but I can’t leave Risa. This is the choice I’m making. I’m running.

After two seconds, it becomes clear that calling it running is a stretch. My arms – most likely broken beyond belief now – flail like ragdolls behind me as I move; each clumsy step is a new fresh pain through my system, over, and over, and over, and over-

But running is the only thing I can do.

Making my way to the building, I throw myself into the door and it falls to the side with minimal effort, and no sound. Convenient but I can’t stop, I charge to the central elevator and…

Out of order.

Frustrated at my predicament, I give the door a resentful kick, ignoring the dullness growing in my toes. I turn back outside and after a glance of the environment of this strange office space that comes off in equal parts; minimalist, desolate and pretentious; I take the only option my brain can think of.

50 floors up the fire escape later and I am utterly drained, each step felt steeper than the last and the coldness of the night made each steeper step a greater risk of a slip and falling to my death. Every inch of my body is in a different kind of agony, broken bones, exhaustion, dryness, a burning from inside out which I expect are my magical circuits overexerted to the point of run dry.

So… tirrreedd…

As I’m certain of whatever adrenaline I had evaporates from my body – I become increasingly aware of my state and that I have nothing to fall back on.

-The wind is strong.

The scenery of the night surrounds me, the cold air threatens to blow me over into the city… the city… looks so small from up here. But in the centre-

No.

No, no, no-

The last person I wanted to see appears out of the blue in the centre of the rooftop

She is evil incarnate, a foe I have no chance of ever defeating, someone who knows my every strength and weakness and how to exploit them. The most powerful magus I’ve ever met and one who is best suited to destroy me.

"Took you long enough Seigi!"

My ex girlfriend.

Before my brain can process, in a shimmer of light beside her appears another girl, standing, yet immobile, asleep, bound, defeated.

“Risa!”

The moment I take a step, York moves behind her, holding her like a human shield but a hand to Risa’s throat. A knife. Where did that come from?! The woman merely gives an exasperated shrug.

“Ah-ah-ah naughty boy. Now, as much as I’ve thought about what I want to say to you after what you did to us,”
    a flash of silver and the knife is a hair’s breadth from Risa.

No.

“I get to keep you for that later, a little bonus payment. But right now though, no games, just work.”

No.

“This is part of a bigger plan, turn yourself in to me and the side-piece gets to walk, we all know I’m the real heroine of this route.”

No.

I refuse, my body convulses at the thought of being with that bitch again spouting that stupid incomprehensible crap from her mouth bu-

“Oh, in case you’re thinking of doing something stupid, my accomplices are keeping her busy.”

Lan-

Accomplices?!

Wait, I couldn’t hear… could n’t fe ee ll.

Ah!

The mo I tr an’t fo-cccccccc kus.

T

r
    p
    A

And she’s gone. Her presence is cut off.

I open my mouth but I realise something that hits me hard. Yorkie will kill Risa if I screw up. She always was the worst. I want to scream, I want to shout, I want to move but all I can do is swallow.

In her eyes, in Yorkie’s eyes, I see… affection, I see anger, I see… amusement. Whatever she’s doing, why she’s doing it, I don’t know. But I do know this. She’s toying with me, she’s in control just like she was when we first met and I can’t do anything other than march along to her tune.

I take a bated breath through gritted teeth, grinding away as I fight against my helpless and decide.

DANGER! Choice time!

1. Turn yourself in to Yorkie and these unknown individuals to save Risa. You won't risk getting her killed.
    2. Refuse to turn yourself in, you have your pride as a magus and Yorkie wouldn't do something so...
    3. Try and summon Lancer (Warning, may cost a Command Seal)
    4. Fight Yorkie and rescue Risa by force, it's worked out every single time. (Warning, Seigi has already sustained dangerous injuries, including two broken arms. Due to overuse of magecraft in previous encounter. and draining Seigi's supply.. unknown results may occur if he tries to invoke Nigredo once more.
    5. Bail, leap off the roof and hope for the best
    6. "Do something stupid" (Write in!)

2 Command spells remain!
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 20th, 2018 at 04:55 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    6. Flirt
    Last edited by You; June 13th, 2018 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    5. Flirt
    That would certainly go under the category of stupid in this scenario, the question is?

What kind of flirting?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    6. Flirt, this date's comparatively pretty good compared to the other ones

- - - Updated - - -

Compliment her blush maybe? Yuno Gasai Pink's all the rage.

Also lol at Risa being her natural enemy. I wanted to have him Play Dead, but Yorkie's long-distance spells don't make that feasible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    6. Flirt, this date's comparatively pretty good compared to the other ones

- - - Updated - - -

Compliment her blush maybe? Yuno Gasai Pink's all the rage.

Also lol at Risa being her natural enemy. I wanted to have him Play Dead, but Yorkie's long-distance spells don't make that feasible.
    I planned for Yorkie to be here since before that contest, Risa being the natural enemy was my first clue. Corrin Charisk just happened to work for his scene.

- - - Updated - - -

I will admit that I wasn’t expecting people to pick flirting.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll second Rafflesiac's flirting option. And I can't believe I called Yorkie showing up as an enemy Master without even meaning to (as I thought all the relevant slots had been already used up).

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    All 5 Master slots are taken though: Seigi, Reiner, Justice, Slaine, Wizard OC. And Bird's a hack if Daddy Dearest doesn't have the ROKUNIN NO SAHVANTO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I planned for Yorkie to be here since before that contest, Risa being the natural enemy was my first clue. Corrin Charisk just happened to work for his scene.

- - - Updated - - -

I will admit that I wasn’t expecting people to pick flirting.
    How else are we supposed to stall for time while Lancer busts through Yorkie's goons/magic traps
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All 5 Master slots are taken though: Seigi, Reiner, Justice, Slaine, Wizard OC. And Bird's a hack if Daddy Dearest doesn't have the ROKUNIN NO SAHVANTO.
    That's what I thought. Weird. I guess Yorkie is just a mercenary then (either independent or hired by one of the Masters). Also if that thing with Sr. comes true, it'll be another thing I totally called a while back.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    6, we need to stall time for Lancer -- but we need to tread lightly, for accidentally pissing Yorkie off will end badly​ for us.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And Bird's a hack if Daddy Dearest doesn't have the ROKUNIN NO SAHVANTO.
    *Sweats nervously*

Just give daddy one of his children with a SUPER SUGOI SERVANTO and you should be fine

The Icon of Self-Deprecation Xaodzilla's Avatar
    6. Careful, careful, flirting.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not an update in proper but after much procrastinating, I've finally updated the index for reading purposes and those not fully caught up, nervous of joining or just want to re-read a particular scene. Also that said I might simply do away with the servant section and keep them in the 'Wise Up' popups as the story progresses as it'll leave more room for the Magi section.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    No section for Yorkie? She's a mage, after all.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No section for Yorkie? She's a mage, after all.

Added with relevant information.

Crest Location: "Surely you know Seigi~"

- - - Updated - - -

wew thats a bit too big

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post

wew thats a bit too big
    Like I said, relevant information only

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seigi Nomikata
    Phase: Evening
    Condition: Critically Injured

I have complained about a number of things during my time in this hellscape. It was petty and childish but no matter what, I’ve had others to rely on. Others to pull me out of the fire, some of which I’ve started. Without my friends, I would not be the person I am, I would not even be here where I am standing right now… in all likelihood I would be dead.

But here I am.

My mouth is dry and lips pressed together, my eyes widened at the display of the hideous reality.

Risa was unconscious, tied up and had a knife to her throat.

My eyes dart from side to side. From Yorkie – the soon to be would-be-murderer, to the rooftop edge with a skull-crushing sheer drop to the concrete below, to the city life off in the distance and lights flickering in the distance, odd and out of rhythm to the usual life. I see no difference to the commotion that Justice and I had but moments before, though with no sound from this distance.

I focus on the lights, pushing the racing of my heart and sweaty palms out of my mind, push away the distress and focus. Calm and collected as a magus should. My actions have been lead by my heart and not my head. Impulsiveness and irrationally will lead to disaster here.

At the risk of sounding like my father; I must be an example of a magus here. ‘Be elegant, be discrete but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.’

I remember that my father said something along those lines once; Lancer herself said something along those lines once. So I come up with a plan.

“Yorkie,”
    I take a single step forwards with her name, maintaining the calm poise I did those years ago to the best of my ability. “You look more beautiful than ever.”

I remembered she liked more eloquent dialogue at the beginning, with my youthful features back then; she called me her cute boy. She used other words as well but I either cannot or refuse to repeat them.

She snorts.

Ha.Oh please, you say that but you were the one who ran out on me.”

I take another step to the grown-up child, looking at her composure, her face is the same as ever in a cocktail of emotion but she’s not focused on Risa, her eyes are on me, she not focused on the subject at all – she’s no magus like me. Nevertheless I continue, tilting my head to the side and trying to look as relaxed as possible considering I have two broken arms.

“I’ll be honest, kids are dumb. A lot of boys break up for stupid reasons.”

“Se-seigi, um. Er, stop.”

I list them off casually, moving closer with every line. Yorkie’s stuttering, non-committal, I’m safe.

“They, get bored, they look elsewhere… and as cute and charming as I was I was young and truth is-”

I can feel my heart beating out of my mouth.

“-I was scared of commitment.”

I can see her lips trembling, the striking amber of her eyes utterly transfixed, her dyed pink hair blowing in the pink starting to match her growing blush. The anger’s diminished.

“Truth is, you’re a real woman and you deserve to be treated as one.”

I’m within an arm’s reach now. All of my cheesy dialogue can be compared to a steaming pile of horsecrap but going by those dating games, Chinese cartoons and private video collection she tried to hide from me – she’s going to lap it all up. It’s even worse than the trite I said to Lancer when we were in bed together but considering the ghost of Sappho still hasn’t arisen and struck me down for failing to seduce a woman so abhorrently, it can’t be the worst think.

My dialogue may be D-rank at best but Yorkie has A-rank in bad taste.

Despite feeling like my soul wants to exit my body so I can yell at myself, I remain composed, doing my best to not look at Risa, I look into those amber eyes, now flickering with warmth and beginning to well up. Her lips fighting – and losing – the urge to smile.

I do my best to give a mischievous grin and look her up (which can’t have looked good in my condition) and take a final step in range. I know whatever was out there has come closer and my stalling for time has worked, though it speaks less of my own talent and the kind of woman before me.

“Forget Risa, you don’t care about her, it’s me you want.”

Yorkie’s mesmerised, pushing Risa to the side and after stumbling for a moment stands still, clearly under some sort of suggestion spell. Now with Risa safe, I need to make a few final touches.

I move in so we’re almost touching, almost being key as she struggles on what to do while I take advantage. I slowly swoop in and give a cold breath on her collar bone before giving a kiss.

“You’re so gorgeous.”

Another kiss, further up now on the neck

“Skin’s so smooth.”

Another.

“And God,”

Another now on the jawline

“Your tits are to die for.”

Forsaking the charm for luridness, just as she liked.

“Oh Seigi…” Yorkie murmers, “Now you made me want to make her watch.”

A snap of her fingers and I hear something stir.

“Mmmm, Seig-”

The moment Risa begins to come to, Yorkie grabs my hair, pulls me in and forces a kiss on me.

My first instinct is to push away but I can’t fight her off, all I can do is squirm under her touch while only excites her more-

The ground detonates, knocking us all to the floor and I howl as I feel another bone crack in two but approaching I see a red flash.

The world fell away, drained of all colours but her, standing in the moonlight.

I know Risa will be safe.

“Lancer, take Risa and run.”

“But.”

“RUN!”

I never had a choice I may act like so but I am not my father.

The back of my hand pricks and as soon as Lancer appeared, she was gone. I don’t know if she was happy with that but I find that I don’t care. She may hate me for this but my friends will be safe. I’m broken and powerless, I would only get them killed, I’ve almost done that enough times.

All that’s left in the smouldering crater is me, Yorkie presumably and two figures now beginning to emerge.

The first stands tall and proud with the weight of a hero. I feel his power radiating off and know he must be the final servant. Therefore who he is by default.

“Archer…”

The second figure is different, his voice is younger.

“You’re much more trouble and work than you’re worth.”

“Master Nomikata.”

A boy, he can’t be any older than thirteen!

He raises his hand above my head.

Then the light shatters into those ever present shards and everything goes dark.

End?

CRITICAL! Choice time

This is my birthday present from me to all of you. A unique opportunity.

I've been monitoring your selection of choices and these have been the defining features of Seigi:
    • Conducts as a Magus but doesn't compromise his humanity.
    • Conflicts between choosing with his head and heart
    • Quickly becomes loyal to his friends and prioritises the safety of Risa in particular above his own.

Therefore the way you shaped him, the act of self-sacrifice was the only think he could do. While joining these new people, running, selling out his friends could have happened in another timeline, thanks to you... that's not who Seigi is. In short this was my 'Go back for Ilya' moment.

Now while this would normally be a decisive Bad End or Dead End depending on the moment, it's my birthday so I will give a chance and give you all three choices.

1). Try again. The most common part of any VN would be this, you can restart progress from either 'A' the begining of the day or 'B' the outright beginning of Quest of Fate for a new playthrough. Certain elements may be carried through but other than that ALL PROGRESS MAY BE LOST FOREVER.

2). New Protagonist Something different. The story will continue from here but Seigi Nomikata for all purposes will be considered 'Lost' or 'Dead' and we will follow anothers perspective, who though is entirely up to you whether it be Risa, Reiner, Atsusui... hell even Justice or the wonderkid wizard from Zikari8's old quest. Anyone you want.

3). Seigi Lives. Continue as Seigi from this disadvantageous position where his current fate and position is currently unknown. Maybe you’re attached to the character, maybe you’re intrigued by the mystery or perhaps you’re stubborn like me. However there will be a cost.

Alongside giving your reasons you must state why. Your reasons can range from either a sentence or 10 paragraphs. Furthermore I encourage EVERYONE to vote. Even if you're only part way through or never made a vote before.

You matter here more than ever!
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 25th, 2018 at 07:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday to you
    Can we do a combination of 2 and 3
    Kind of like in a video game where your main party members are taken hostage and you play a secondary character or a former midboss until you save them.
    And I would choose Master A for that role
    because
    A) He's called the Lifesaver
    B) If the Daily Ritual is such a hard place how did Seigi get a reservation? How did Yorkie get one? There's something here to explore.
    C) Dandy gentleman protag are nevers in Quests
    D) Hardcore coffee
    E) Annerbhe is and isn't in Fuyuki. Maybe Master A and George are friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    “Your tits are to die for.”
    same, liar man, same

Also did he just blow a Command Seal?

- - - Updated - - -

1A. 3 is tempting, but I'm the type of guy who save scums and quits to an earlier save rather than playing through adversity unless absolutely necessary, petty but true. The primary issue was overstretching Seigi, but that shouldn't be an issue this time around. Also the H-scene already exists so there's no quote-unquote need to sleep with Lancer now, though it's sad to lose the bond points.

Also I can't let the kid I named die, how messed up is that.
    canon finish apo vol 3