Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    'Tis alright man, given I've also been swamped by multiple projects in the past three months. If anything, it's more severe on your part with work and other things.

If anything, this Quest was a massive joy to be a part of, and reading through yours and others' works have definitely improved my writing. Hopefully Seigi's story would resume in the distant future. Until then, wish you luck on your personal matters Hermes.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nooooo, not best quest!

Damn. A real pity. I can only wish you best of success in your current hardships, looking forward to your return. Let's all complete Seigi's story one day.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    This will always be the OG Quest.

Good luck with IRL, Hermes. That things always been the bane of countless fics.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sad to hear the quest is closing shop for now. But obviously Hermes has to do what's best for himself psychologically, and I know as much as anyone that there's no sense forcing it when inspiration just isn't there.

Still sucks though. I at least hope it'll come back someday, since I think we've all gotten pretty invested in Seigi's struggles over the months this quest has been active.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Good luck with the personal stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not quite an update but Spartacus, Daneel and I have set up a Discord server in regards to Fate quests as a whole as well as the three currently on the site. PM me if you'd like a link to it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Hiatus is still up, have a short little update in the meantime

Lukas Adalbert
    Day 1: Afternoon
    Fuyuki City: Miyama Town -South

Status

Lukas

Health: Good
    Mana: Good

Hyatt Hotel

Comfort: Great
    Supplies: Normal
    Defence: Normal

Very well, first thing first is examination. Although this certainly appears to be but a normal house, this is still a Tohsaka estate and deserves the appropriate respect. I begin preparations, flick on my magical circuits and feel that old reliable hum. I set out my equipment and walk the perimeter and feel for the land.

Equal wavelength

Curious. There is no singular weak point, no obvious area of attack. The depletion is constant and clear. It would appear that there was either a deterioration over time or there was a simple clear wipe of it like deleting data out of a computer.

That’s what the untrained eye would see.

My eye however… is untrained.

I don’t know whether it’s bening being rusty or not having the pointy nose of an examiner leering over my shoulder but something feels off.

This should have been difficult. Decades of work don’t just vanish like that, even an inept fool like myself can tell. My eye is untrained and I can’t tell.
    But something else taught me, failure.

Consistent and repeated failure.

I screwed up in so many ways during my youth, the prime time to make your shortcomings. Through failure we learn what does not work and come up with alternate solutions. As a second generation no-name magus who could not attain anything during my study of clock tower, I have become rather wise to these working of magecraft.

I cannot perform them myself, by no means at all. I can however tell when something is wrong.

I continue my work on site.

Through a narrow gap in the natural hedging, I find an entrance through the rear in to the gardens – not that anyone saw. This is a ‘Haunted House’ after all, no one would be coming over here.

Soil sample, ground up, roasted and then released – like coffee beans. The flow of mana surging through the land like boiling water into the grinds.

Status Update

Mana: Good >>> Poor

The examination is inefficient on my end, burning through considerably more of my reserves than expected but I see what happened here.

This was not clear cut like a surgical procedure extracting a tumour from the body.

The burns of the soil smolder like brimstone, a reaction concocted from force. Sheer overpowering force. This wasn’t a trained martial artist defeating an opponent with an advanced technique, this was a brute who did the magical equivalent of knocking someone out with a single punch.

The hypothetical sheer power to do this is staggering. I’m not sure I can think of what could do this. A ‘Servant’ likely could but still, maybe it would be a ‘Caster’ with their magical prowess and power or if it was sheet dumb muscle then maybe a ‘Berserker’ or a knight servant – they’re supposed to be the most physically domineering from what I hear.

The Bounded Field, everything was simply destroyed in an overwhelming blast of power and recently too.

That means what ever did this is… close.

The breeze feels as if it’s turned cold, the hairs on my back turn rigid and a lump grows in my throat.

Ah shit.

Predator and prey instincts kicking in.

I look around try and think even with the dull groan of that new headache. Running would only alert them, do nothing and I’m asking to be the next target. Perhaps I could try and reason with them? No bad Idea, what could I possibly offer other than a cup of coffee?

And I begin to feel the presence. Like an ant approaching an elephant. I dive into a hedge. Instincts bad.

Sweat starting to palpitate from the side of my face, I look around to see what I can from my position in the growth. I can feel nature alive around me, the plants, the birds and… Oh, well I feel like an idiot now. It was just a bird flying through the gardens, the only one to do so-

And following a loud thunderous crack in the sky, I understand why as the bird explodes in a ball of feathers.

“Ah!”

I clutch my head as it turns very hot then very cold as the pain fades as quick and clear as it came to me. My mind is back to full capacity. I bite my lip as I retreat into the underbrush as two individuals appear to emerge from nowhere into the central space.

Wait a moment? Who are these people? How did they get here? Have they been here the whole time?
    I can’t hear them from this distance but if I wait a bit longer I should be able to make out what this man and child are up to. They’re clearly magi and in a pair, the logical assumption is that they’re in this Grail War as master and servant. But who is who?
    I’ve so many questions but I can feel the power difference, if either of them so much wiggle their eyes at me, I’m done for.
    Danger! Critical Choice!

Salmonis has returned. Pick Lukas’s action in this dangerous moment, though what could possibly work here?
    • Stay and hide
    • Reveal yourself and try to negotiate.
    • Run away
    • Try and fight them
    • Write in!

Bonus Choice! Save the game?

• Yes
    • No

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    These guys are definitely Servant-Master, right?

A Servant, and most Magus can detect other Magus... I don't think we can even hide from these people so...

Let's be a protag and reveal yourself and negotiate
    Last edited by Spartacus; December 22nd, 2018 at 03:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    B​: Reveal yourself and try to negotiate. Officially we're not even a participant in the Grail War, so theoretically they have no reason to try and attack us.

Blog Entries
    Reveal Ourselves and Negotiate

No point trying to stealth a Servant and Master duo, and we gotta make use of our gentlemanly charm.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    stay and hide

also, save the game

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lukas Adalbert
    Day 1: Afternoon
    Fuyuki City: Tohsaka Residence

Status

Lukas

Health: Good
    Mana: Poor

Hyatt Hotel

Comfort: Great
    Supplies: Normal
    Defence: Normal

Very well. In contrast to the appearance of these individuals I know they far outstrip me in terms of power. So much as thinking of defying them will earn me my death. I may have lived a nice long but I have no intention of having it end so sudden.

“You do know I can see you.”

Not a question but a statement from the child. The words themselves feel like a contradiction. The child looks no older than maybe eleven at most but he speaks in a way that surpasses the elite. The more advanced magi rub their noses in your face with superiority, a trait children have that few outgrow as adults. He speaks with absolute certainty.
    I feel vexed, a word that means an issue that is debated or problematic or rather to be annoyed or frustrated. Not to be mistaken with hexed, though his presence gives of the feeling that chills the bone. From the older man I would expect such a thing from his attire he is clearly a servant, but the other is a child.

Why is he the one that scares me?!

My nervous hazel eyes meet his own cool amber ones. Two typically warm colours though this is not the case today.

“…”

Slowly, I find the strength to stand and open my mouth, trying to speak and say something in response to this odd pair but nothing comes out.

For the first time in a long time, I’m at a loss for words.

In the end, I give a meek nod.

Pathetic. Even the man in green agrees as he fails to suppress a scoff.

“Not bad Master Lazlow, one sentence and he’s shaking in his boots. I think that might be a new record, even for you.”

The child – assumedly called Lazlow – replies in turn. “Your input will not be required.”

What a perfectly detestable first impression as Lazlow resumes his focus upon myself.

“I take it there’s a reason you’re skulking around in the Tohsaka household?”

What’s with this sassy lost child?.
    No don’t say that, he could kill you by wiggling his eyebrow and give you a heart attack.

I hesitate, predictable as that may be but I accept the question, never having been one to turn down a customer. There are many things worrying me, the person who I’m looking for, Justice and now Lazlow…

“I’m looking for someone.”

“And they’re hiding in a shrubbery?”

“Possibly, I’m being very thorough.”

“Who are you looking for.”

“I doubt you know them.”

“Why are you looking for them?”

“Debt collection.”

Give a bully an inch and they’ll take a mile and wack you over the head with it. I’m good with words, I need to stand my ground.

“I don’t think your servant will appreciate you getting caught so easily while they’re fighting for their wish” The child replies with a muted expression, his red fringe gently blowing in front of his face in the wind. “All of this and you’re proving yourself to be a liability~.” His lip quivers as he tries not to smile.

My brow furrows at that comment but that has left an opening.

“That implies I’m a Master… like yourself. But no, I am not a participant in the Grail War.”

I cannot contribute to that, clearly the angle Lazlow is working here but my purpose serves somewhere else.

The effect of my words however is unexpected as the taller man in green leans kneels down so he’s on the same level as the child. The squat however… I can’t

“If he’s unaffiliated then he could be perfect, he doesn’t have any connections and would be unexpected by anyone we task him on.”

A snide response from Lazlow as he turns away from his compatriot “Oh please what could he possibly do that we can’t?”

“You can’t be in more than two places at once though, this solves our problem. He might find something we couldn’t, the advantage of fresh eyes and everything and if not?”

He could be saying this audibly to psyche me out.

“Why are out saying this out loud?” Lazlow asks.

“Because if you say no then it awkward for everyone and that’s on you. He’s not a Master and barely a Magi, it’s no loss to us”

– I shake my head. It’s not like I could forget any of this and walk away now and my ‘weakness’ as a magus may save me right now and be equal parts expendable but useful. The servant is clearly angling at me joining his side for one reason or another.

Choice

Lazlow and his servant are at an impass, how will Lukas act and shape the decision?

1). Volunteer to spy for them for now.
    2). Turn down the offer of spying
    3). Stay silent
    4). Write In!

Quest Master's Notes

tl;dr re: my last update.

1). Hiatus is over
    2). I'm Back
    3). More Seigi coming at you soon
    4). It's been over a year and still no dead-ends. Good job guys.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    4. Turn down offer of spying but offer to make them coffee some time
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Congrats on the end of the hiatus! Here's to more Quest of Fate.

As for choices, I'm going with 3
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    You's 4.

Blog Entries
    You's 4

Uncertain on how this will end, but fingers crossed

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    1: Volunteer to spy for them for now. It seems like the best way to get out of this situation.

Besides, once the kid isn't pointing his murdermeath machine Servant at us we're under no obligation to hold up our end of the bargain if he asks us to do something morally dubious.

Blog Entries
    1, maybe with some coffee too

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,
    Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
    Get out as early as you can,
    And don’t have any kids yourself.

This Be The Verse – Philip Larkin

Seigi Nomikata
    Days in Captivity: 2? Morning?
    Fuyuki City?
    Health:
    Critical >> Poor
    Magical Energy: Critical >> Poor
    Objective: Survive

[BGM ON]

“You know I’m getting really rather tired of getting knocked unconscious. I’ve lost track of how much it’s happened in the past week. If I keep this up, I’m going to end up with serious head trauma.”

No one answers.

If’s about the second day in here if my estimates are correct. Looking over my body, things have cleared up oddly enough. The aches and pains have dulled, the blood and that sickly iron smell has receded to being barely noticeable but most curiously is my clothes. The most curious thing however is my hair, the red hair dye I use has vanished and I’ve gone back to my natural blonde. My father’s hair… I hate it.

Status Update

Canonical blonde

What I don’t want to think about however is my clothes. My tattered and ruined suit has been replaced some jeans and a hoodie. Now while I appreciate having what feels to be freshly cleaned and dried clothes that aren’t shredded, either someone magic’ed them on me or someone changed me out of my clothes while I was unconscious. I for one hope it’s the former.

Now I can think about unfortunate implications, or I can try and get out of this place.

Now aside from being chained to the spot in my chair, I can see clearly now. I’m stuck in what appears to be a musty police interrogation room that looks like it could fit into nearly every crime drama on tv, it even has the double-sided mirror you see everywhere.

Now Yorkie and Lazlow both worked together to get me and I apparently have something their employer wants. I heard the words ‘playing with my feelings’ – I assume that to be my ex, god help me. I also heard the word father. I don’t want to assume mine but perhaps their working for the Grimmwold household together?

Either way they aren’t going to give me the facts straight up, I need to try and think why they want me for me to try and work an angle.

Multiple Choices

FORGE AN ESCAPE PLAN

Why Am I Here?

1). Captured by a Grail War Magus, maybe Justice or Reiner.
    2). Someone unrelated to the Grail War. Entirely possible, the Grail War framework is becoming an annual bloodbath and is common knowledge now. Although it is a route to The Root, the world of Magi is larger than these.
    3). Father? It could be my father they’re here for, or working for.
    4). Write in

Who Will I use to Escape?

1). Lazlow Grimwold – He conducts himself highly like a grown man but he’s still a child. I can use that.
    2). York Lancaster – Our break up was on bad terms but it sounds like she still has feelings for me, she’s as one dimensional as those weird games and Japanese cartoons she watches so she may believe anything I say. Or not.
    3). Try and rely on Risa and Lancer, our pathway to eachother may have been severed but my friends have always been there for me, best I can do is stall.
    4). Myself, others have sacrificed plenty for me. I need to do this alone.
    5). Reiner or Atsusui. Probably wishful thinking to believe the other masters will save me but I’m in a lose-lose scenario here.

How will I escape?
    1). Seduction (Not Avaliable with Lazlow Grimwold)
    2). Inciting Violence (Not Avaliable with Risa and Lancer, they aren’t here after all)
    3). Pretend to go along with what they want (Not available with Yorkie)
    4). Bind your time then break out with brute force
    5). Actually, go with what they want
    6). Write in

Ok, plan made. I can hear murmuring and footsteps on the other side of the door, someone’s coming. Let’s do this.

Compose yourself Seigi, be subtle, be polite, be discrete.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 31st, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Yay, we play as Seigi again.

1 Justice, especially. (I don't think Reiner is the capture type)
    2 Yorkie (I have a thing for cute wildcards)
    1 Seduce