Page 1 of 62 12361151 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

The Holy Grail War, also known as Heaven's Feel. A ritual that has been going on for hundreds of years. At the climax of the Third Grail War of Fuyuki, one of it's participants managed to steal the Greater Grail. However in it's wake, knowledge regarding the construction of the ritual was leaked to magi around the world.

Now, Holy Grail Wars are happening all over the world albeit smaller and imperfect and somehow they've made their way to you. The days are long, the nights are filled with death. But the ultimate prize that is the omnipotent wish granting device awaits you.

Quest Index

Arc 1 - Welcome to the Holy Grail War

Intermission

Intermission 2

Arc 2 - Sunny Days

Prologue

1 - Morning Cuppa
    2 -

Day 9

Side Story: The Norwich Case File (On Indefinite Hiatus)

Status Screens:

Servants:

================================================== =========

Character Creation - Complete!!

Gender: Purely aesthetic for the most part, however some characters may react and treat you differently.

I'm...

[X] Male.
    [ ] Female.
    [ ] Not bound by the gender binary.

Profile: This tells us of your background, archetype, skill level and the kind of role you will play in the days to come. Alongside altering how others will treat you in the war, it also affects your in-character knowledge and the power of the servant you summon.

...I'm also a...

[ ] Homunculus. An artificial life form. Born deep in a tube and fully grown and dressed before most babies cry for the first time. You possess absolutely first rate Magic Circuits and highly talented in your craft, perhaps even rivalling the great old houses of the Association. Indeed it would be more accurate to say that you are a large conglomerate of Magic Circuits with a body attached than the other way around. Unfortunately however the body you actually possess in frail and weaker than ordinary humans. In addition your time in this world will be fleeting, you're only expected to last about ten or so years - you've already lived five of them.
    You possess great power compared to others in this day and age and your servant will not lack for a mana supply. In fact, they're more powerful with you than they would be anyone else. Regarding your servant, their identity and should be revealed to you immediately unless something is interfering. You may in fact be too much of a threat and some of your enemies may end up allying against you... Your physical capabilities however are decidedly lacking however and if cornered or caught unawares, things may get bloody.
    AKA the Illya Route.

[ ] Aristocrat. The heir of an old magus family of seven previous generations. Something of a prodigy, you were quickly granted the family Magic Crest with your father retiring early. Acquainting yourself among the rest of the elite, you began to know people who knew others in turn.
    A powerful magus outright, what may be even greater is your wealth and connections allowing you easy access through the land. You should be able to overpower most other magi in the war with minimal issues. Regarding your servant, you should be able to deduce their full identity if you used a specific summoning catalyst. Failing which either their True Name or Class will be known to you. Mana upkeep shouldn't be a problem either unless you're managing a top servant or a Berserker. You should actually be able to alter their parameters and skill level to a degree, however each improvement has an equal cost for the servant. You are well known in the community to be respected and feared.
    AKA the Rin Route.

[X] Magus. Member of a family of only four-or-so generations including yourself. You are distinctly average in nature in everything considered from power to talent and knowledge. What's worse, you siblings and cousins are notably weaker than you and their parents, the family lineage is already starting its decline. Those snotty blue bloods look down on you and insult you for daring to believe you can make life better for yourself and your family. But they underestimate you, they'll never see you coming. You've only just heard of this Grail War you've heard others whisper about but if it's a way to greatness... you'll take it.
    Not on the same level as old family aristocrats, you make up for your 'inadequacy' with a level of fierceness and tenacity those with a silver spoon in their mouths lack. With your servant you summon, parameters and skills are not affected. You will have difficulty discerning who they are unless you have a specific catalyst and their mana upkeep will be difficult in tense and dangerous situations, especially if the servant is high tier or is simply that taxing.
    AKA the Waver Route.

[ ] Spellcaster. Also called Hedge Mages in some groups. As an orphan, you never knew your parents and would have no idea that they were first generation Magi who simply mutated the possession of such circuits. Growing up alone for the most part, around puberty you realised you could do "things". Likewise, these "things" tend to happen when you're stressed or angry as well.
    You have no clue what a Holy Grail War even is, you don't even know what the Association, Magic Circuits, Command Seals or Servants even are! Still getting used to the idea of being able to do 'Magic' or whatever it is, you treat it as a tool. Your skill, knowledge and power is low though your are highly efficient in a single field of your choice.
    In a fight, you're more used to using your fists than shooting that weird glowy stuff out of your hands as it either doesn't do much or things tend to go wrong when you do. Because of your weakness, some of the big shots may overlook you entirely or seek you as a pawn All your servants parameters are reduced, mana upkeep is a constant struggle and using the Noble Phantasm is highly dangerous. You won't know the identity or class of your servant and and their is a possibility you won't be told - leaving you to deduce it for yourself.
    AKA the Shirou Route.

Personality and such will start with the originating archetype but may change along the way, depending on the choices taken.

Take caution in whatever road you walk, for this War does not adhere to the typical rules. But one remains.
    You either win or you die.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; October 24th, 2021 at 03:53 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    [X] Male.
    [X] Magus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Oh, this looks cool.

Pretty much good with any of these, but:
    [X] Male
    [X] Magus

Waver Route Best Route

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    [X] Male
    [X] Magus Toucan
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    [X] Male
    [X] Homunculus
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Achilles = You were forced to read the Iliad in high school. Oddessyus was cooler. You still cannot spell Odysseus.

People actually voting male?

I'm still on BL right?

[X] Male
    [X] Magus
    Last edited by Janx; March 9th, 2017 at 12:51 AM.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    [X] Male
    [X] Magus

I'm not being very original here...
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [X] Male
    [X] Magus
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Looks like there's overwhelming support for the Waver playthrough.

Anyways; time to submit FC's, convoluted mage names and vote among yourselves.

Blog Entries
    If you're not Waver, you're no winner.

Blog Entries
    I for one believe that a Trap Waver would be the best playthrough.

Anybody got any ideas regarding names and/or fcs?

I've attempted the classic "glance around at shit on your desk" for name inspiration, but since I'm currently a little sick, the only thing that springs to mind is some variation on "Ricola Kräuter-zucker."

Pretty confident we can do better than that.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait, how does this work exactly? Are we submitting multiple playable characters RP-style or voting to determine a single one? Are we writing up entire segments of the story or just our responses to events narrated by the GM? I'm definitely intrigued about participating, but it's a fairly big commitment depending on how much writing is involved (especially since I'm struggling with inspiration even for my original fiction story).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Wait, how does this work exactly? Are we submitting multiple playable characters RP-style or voting to determine a single one? Are we writing up entire segments of the story or just our responses to events narrated by the GM? I'm definitely intrigued about participating, but it's a fairly big commitment depending on how much writing is involved (especially since I'm struggling with inspiration even for my original fiction story).
    If you're unfamiliar with Quest style RP's I recommend you take a look at Janx's sig as she's done a few. Should give you a good feel for them.

Basically it functions like choose your own adventure book thingy. At the end of each segment, the writer posts some choices the players (aka you guys) vote amount yourselves for the character to do with the story following the choice made.

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    she
    Hahahaha!
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    If you're unfamiliar with Quest style RP's I recommend you take a look at Janx's sig as she's done a few. Should give you a good feel for them.

Basically it functions like choose your own adventure book thingy. At the end of each segment, the writer posts some choices the players (aka you guys) vote amount yourselves for the character to do with the story following the choice made.
    I am familiar with what a Quest is, actually. I was just confused since from first skimming the introduction, I got the impression this was an RP for some reason... Now that's settled, I probably will be participating. Thanks!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Ricola Kräuter-zucker
    That actually sounds pretty nasu~y. Also the first name we actually have submitted so far.

Blog Entries
    I'll submit Phoenix Cordillera, a name I thought up back when I was a kid who first become enamored with the concept of Awesome Names™. Faceclaim pending, but expect something suitably hot-blooded...

Also, given it's a Grail War setup I wonder how Servant summoning will work? Will we submit our own Servants or pick them from some pre-allotted list? And if the latter, will that list be from canon or of Hermes' own devising?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Seigi Nomikata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3