Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Trite and Trivial Trifles (OOC)

Blog Entries

Fate/Trite and Trivial Trifles (OOC)

Fate/Trite and Trivial Trifles

“And so, it is with earnest urgency that I implore you to consider what we have discussed.”
    “Whether you feel it to be your duty or your destiny, you hold within you the power to make a difference.”
    “It is not an exaggeration to say that your decision to join us could be the key to the future.”
    “The fate of the mankind rests on your shoulders.”
    “I am sure you will make the right choice.”

-Director Anna Cordelia Zwazinger

In the year 2015, the Organization for the Preservation of the Common Sense of Man, Chaldea, predicted the extinction of mankind in the coming year. For the sake of humanity’s continued existence, the secret organization has found a way to reverse the eradication of man: interference with the past in order to reverse the irregularities that threaten the present.

You are one of few people chosen by Chaldea as a Master candidate. Regardless of your formal history with Magecraft, you have been determined to hold the potential to travel back in time and thus correct history. Alongside your fellow Masters, you must partner up with a Heroic Spirit, travel through history, and combat fate itself in order to save the world.

Hey guys. Welcome to Fate/TTT, a simple Grand Order-based adventure-type RP. Those familiar with Fate/Grand Order should likely understand the premise. While this may not exactly be the Chaldea we’ve come to know and love, the basic concepts still apply. Players will act as Masters and have to bond with their Servants and work with each other in order to solve the Singularity at hand. As for what challenges the Singularity will consist of… well, you can find that out yourself. It’s nothing that nobody’s never thought of, but if you’re up for the simple setup, this might be something you’d like.

Character Sheets
    Before we go over building one’s character, it should be formally stated that this will be a soft-stat RP, meaning that the stats one has will only be guidelines for what one is capable of doing and that there won’t be any complicated HP and damage calculations going on but rather rational judgements on whether or not that sword to the heart should be fatal. As for the characters, feel free to be creative with their personalities and background. You’re also free to come up with any Servant you like or to use a canon one. No Pseudo-Servants, Demi-Servants, Grand Servants, or Gilgamesh/Enkidu though. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Master Info
    Characterization
    These things should be Self-Explanatory.
    Name:
    Appearance: (FC’s are fine for this)
    Personality:
    Background:
    (Please include their relationship with Magecraft, age, and reason for joining Chaldea. It should be noted that it is not necessary for your character to be a formal Magus or even know about the existence of magic prior to joining Chaldea. Normal folks are ok too.)

Abilities
    Now for the fun part. Once you’ve figured out what kind of person you want to be, we can start building your strengths and powers to help you defeat your enemies. Stat-wise, your Masters will all be relatively the same, and should more a less be unable to combat a Servant directly. For the purposes of comparison, you can treat Masters as if they have an F in every stat. Masters are meant to be the driving force of personality in the Master-Servant Duo so their combat abilities will be limited to supporting their Servants.

Mystic Code:
    The crux of your Master’s abilities. A magical artifact that can amplify or support a Magus’s abilities. It can take the form of a weapon, item, accessory, or even an outfit. For an experienced Magus, it will be a powerful aid; for a casual beginner, an indispensable weapon.
    You will be able to store three spells in your Mystic Code that can be activated by it with ease. The spells stored in the Mystic Code are relatively simple spells, such as Rin’s Gandr. Feel free to be creative with the abilities, whether it be healing, buffing, or even something out there like a spell that makes food taste better. The larger scale a spell is, the greater its limitations should be.

Masters can also choose to forego having three spells and concentrate their Mystic Code for a specialized purpose. A specialized Mystic Code is more unique and allows for a broader control of a power, such as a staff solely made for decreasing incantation time. It trades variety in spells for more power in one.

Please no Fragarach.

Talents:
    A more general representation of a Master’s abilities. Talents are broader fields of ability that a Master is adept at. Examples would be Martial Arts or Public Speaking or Cooking. Masters are allowed to have up to two talents. If you want your Master to be able to use Magecraft outside of their Mystic Code, please list it as one of their talents.

Servant Info
    Follows the standard setup for a Servant. Can be of your own creation or a canon one. A few things to note:
    Parameters
    A servant’s parameters are the standard ones for Servants.
    Strength: Represents the physical bodily might
    Endurance: Composite of how much damage one can take as well as how much stamina one has
    Agility: Swiftness and reaction speed
    Mana: How much magical energy can be handled
    Luck: Quality of luck. In RP, higher luck will present greater opportunities for your character
    NP: Strength of one’s Noble Phantasm. For the purposes of the RP, just use the rank of one’s highest ranked NP.

Skills
    For descriptions of skills, please go with written skill descriptions rather than game mechanic descriptions. If you are having trouble translating the latter into the former, feel free to ask me.

Also, for your sheet please distinguish between Class Skills and Personal Skills

Well that’s basically it. If there’s anything I missed, feel free to ask me.

For the RP, I’m thinking a maximum of 6 slots and a minimum of 3, meaning that if less than 3 people are interested then we might as well just call the whole thing off. Hopefully that doesn’t happen. Number of slots is subject to change.

As for the selection process, let’s go with a first come first serve in expressing interest. Unorthodox, sure, but I don’t think there’ll be too much competition for slots. That said, if you’re interested but there are already enough players, I’d still suggest saying you’re interested in case somebody else changes their mind or becomes unable to join.

Deadline-wise, I'd say I'd like any sheets in by March 19th. However, I do understand that's a rather short period so I'll push back the deadline if requested.

Players:

1. Sven McFareed (Spartacus)
    2. Eleanor Larkholm (Draconic)
    3. Swallow (Milbunk)
    Last edited by zikari8; March 20th, 2017 at 02:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Eh my spring break just started I suppose I'll have time to make a sheet for this, go ahead and sign me up for now, it could be fun!

Im cautiously interested, mostly cause Im not sure what i'd make.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Either way, your servant should be Percival.

I'm just about finished with my mage. Now for her Servant…

- - - Updated - - -

If I add Magecraft to my Talents, how many spells does that afford me?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Im cautiously interested, mostly cause Im not sure what i'd make.
    Take your time, no need to rush just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    If I add Magecraft to my Talents, how many spells does that afford me?
    Hmm... generally, I'd say that for a talent rather than specifying specific spells, you can just describe what schools of magecraft one is trained in. Like saying one has studied curses rather than saying they know Gandr, or just saying one is good at projection magecraft. That way you'll have a lot more flexibility, right?

Of course, we wouldn't want to overshadow the Mystic Code, so I'd say limit oneself to a broad knowledge of the basics and then a specialization in single school of magecraft or two at best.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Can I join in?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Can I join in?
    Yea, feel free.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Yea, feel free.
    Okay, I already have general idea for my character going on. Say, since the settings is GO, we are supposed to be team mates right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Okay, I already have general idea for my character going on. Say, since the settings is GO, we are supposed to be team mates right?
    Technically, though I am not entirely opposed to watching infighting and mutiny.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Technically, though I am not entirely opposed to watching infighting and mutiny.
    Alright then, you can expect I done with my character this night.

I'd be interested in this myself have an idea for my Servant

Unsure about the master currently.

EDIT:
    Servant

Class: Saber
    True Identity: King Arthur
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Master:
    Natural Allies: Knights, Knights of the Round Table, Honorable Combatants, Merlin, Arash
    Natural Enemies: Alter Servants, Assassins, Knights of the Round Table, Gilgamesh
    Natural Weaknesses: Anti-Dragon Magic, EA.

Stats:
    Strength: A
    Endurance: A+
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: D
    NP: C (EX)
    Class Skills:
    Magical Resistance: A - As his 'Pendragon' name shows, King Arthur is the holder of the Element of the Redragon, charged with the task of protecting the kingdom. He carries the very magical power of the Dragon. This humongous magical power is also the source of King Arthur's Magic resistance. Due to the characteristics of a Dragon, King Arthur has much trouble with existences such as Siegfried, who is associated with tales of 'Dragon extermination'. If he is targeted by 'Dragon-Slaying Sorceries', it is possible that Magic Resistance will not function to its fullest extent.

Riding B - Since 'knights' are soldiers who are proficient in mounted warfare, Saber's Rank in Riding is very high. Chariots can be ridden the same way. Motorcycles and automobiles are treated as 'modern mounts', thus a high rank in Riding is also applicable. However, King Arthur can ultimately only control normal mounts. This is due to his Class, not being Rider, as well as the fact that he was a King in the Age of Man, thus did not have the fortune of having "Legends of Riding Phantasmal Species".

Personal Skills:
    Mana Burst A - At Rank A, even a stick can become a weapon of great power. A normal weapon that is not on the level of a divine Mystery can be destroyed in one blow. Can also raise his defense several times over. King Arthur uses this Skill mainly for defense and high-speed movement. Executing large-scale body reinforcement through Mana Burst is only possible with King Arthur's immense magical power. While He himself possesses average physical strength, he/she managed to defeat countless enemies by strengthening all of his actions with his excessive magical energy.

Instinct A - At Rank A, it is essentially in the realm of predicting the future. Through this ability, it is possible to negate the penalties inflicted by visual and auditory interference to a certain extent.

Giant Beast Hunting A - No information at this time though obviously gives him an advantage against giant beasts familiar or otherwise possibly even phantasmal beasts. (Citation needed)

Noble Phantasms:
    Invisible Air: Bounded Field of the Wing King
    Type: Anti-Unit Rank: C

For the male King Arthur, Invisible Air acts as one of the seals along with the Restraints of the Round Table to Excalibur Proto's true power. While it has no basis in history, It would be something Merlin could have managed because Heroic Spirits with overly famous Noble Phantasms generally have ways to hide their identities

Upon Excalibur, it takes on the shape of the blade and renders it as an invisible sword that doesn't appear even as sparks fly off of it. It lacks the capacity to annihilate the enemy like Excalibur being more suited as a "sharp tool" in battle. It isn't used for any particular strength, but it is easier to use in battle than Excalibur and it is a trump card that can bring about victory if used well. It is also possible to implement the barrier on something other than the sword. He can form the barrier in the area around him or as a quick defensive wall of wind, which he can keep active for a number of minutes with his magical energy.

It can also wrap itself around other things such as vehicles or even buildings to be used this advantage or as barriers. It is rather simple in execution, but it proves tremendously effective in hand-to-hand combat. The barrier isn't a vacuum, so the air is constantly whirling around the blade is essentially a weapon. it increases the damage and cutting power of an attack, and the amount of magical energy released from each strike is high enough that it is visible to the eye. It also provides for an increased accuracy and defense against opponents unfamiliar with the nature of his weapon, as it trajectory of the blade, or even the fact that it is even a blade until they actually make contact with the weapon, which leaves them constantly on guard due to having to rely solely on Saber's movement to decipher his attacks. They are confused both offensively and defensively, only allowing them to approximate the movements of the strikes and keep outside of his range to avoid being easily struck down with male saber he has been shown to be extremely proficient at using it possibly even better than his female counterpart.

Against an opponent who can figure out the nature of the weapon quickly and correct the visual disturbance, someone who already is familiar with the weapon, or someone with a resistance to visual impediments, it becomes nothing more than wind around a sword.

Once the barrier is released so that Excalibur can be used, the previously compressed wind surges around him chaotically, creating a vacuum as it diffuses into the air with enough force to knock over normal people and shake heavy, firm trees like a typhoon. The compressed wind also can also instead be released as a single use projectile weapon called Strike Air: Hammer of the Wind King.

Acting like a hammer made out of wind, it creates a gale made out of super high pressure condensed air that is powerful enough to easily crush and blow away armies and fling a stone slab weighing several tons into the air as if it were nothing. It is a long range attack with a constant amount of damage that is not influenced by Saber's physical condition or his level of a magical energy. It can only be blocked by overwhelming it with a higher amount of magical energy. It can also be used to accelerate his own body towards his opponent, allowing him to travel at three times his normal speed. By holding the sword in a backward wide stance, he releases the air and changes into a supersonic bullet that charges toward his opponent. If working together with another person, the partner or a projectile can use the vacuum left behind by the attack to immediately go in behind it by using the surge of air taken in by the vacuum as a Slipstream. After releasing it, he can recall it by compressing the surrounding air to reform the barrier.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Excalibur Proto: Sword of Promised Victory
    Type: Anti-Fortress Rank: EX

In Hanafuda, it is a Divine Construct and the golden holy sword of King Arthur. Differing from that of his female counterpart in that it is believed to be the 'genuine holy sword', it is a double-sealed weapon locked by two seals, Invisible Air and Restraints of the Round Table.

The Restraints of the Round Table, are thirteen restraints set upon Excalibur by the Knights of the Round Table, applying to both Arthur Pendragon and Artoria Pendragon. Excalibur Proto for Arthur and Rhongomyniad for Artoria possess the restraints. It is unknown if Artoria's Excalibur possesses them, but it does bear similar conditions to activate its most powerful state. For Excalibur Proto and Rhongomyniad, over half of the restraints must be released in order to release their True Names. Excalibur, each condition passed allows for more power to be utilized it is unknown if every single condition is shared between all the weapons or if they vary depending on the world (For RP sakes Varying may be for the best just due to specific nature.)

The Restraints are all named after the 13 of the Table are as follow
    King Arthur
    Lancelot
    Gawain
    Geraint
    Percival
    Bors the Younger
    Lamorak
    Kay
    Gareth
    Bedivere
    Gaheris
    Galahad
    Tristan

Master
    WIP
    Last edited by Biggestnobody; March 17th, 2017 at 03:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    A reminder that character sheets are due today. For specificity, the exact deadline will be 11:59 UTC-12.

That said, as mentioned before, if you need a bit more time, please say so and I'll push the deadline back a day or two.

Blog Entries
    I've got both my sheets basically worked out just need a few minutes for the finishing touches and I'll be good to go.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Submitted a few hours ago.
    I can't wait to see the results. Who has sent in character sheets, by the way?
    Last edited by Draconic; March 19th, 2017 at 07:15 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can you update the master post to say who's submitted, and who's still pending?
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Submitted a few hours ago.
    I can't wait to see the results. Who has sent in character sheets, by the way?
    Can you update the master post to say who's submitted, and who's still pending?
    Yea, sure, I guess.

Blog Entries
    Well, sheets are in and this is more or less the roster:

1. Sven McFareed (Spartacus)
    2. Eleanor Larkholm (Draconic)
    3. Swallow (Milbunk)

Thankfully just barely made the minimum number of players. For now, I'll say that I thank everyone for being interested and hope you'll enjoy the rp to come. I'm not the most experienced or talented of GMs but I'll do best to use all of my ideas and roleplaying experience to make this as fun as possible. If you have anything you want to discuss with me regarding the RP, feel free to just say and we can get stuff done.

Also, I've attached a few general thoughts on the sheets I received, if you feel like you'd like some feedback and honest criticism on that front. If I haven't already pointed out something specifically to you in private, it probably means there are no problems.

Feedback
    Sven McFareed: A simple sheet. It doesn't stand out a lot but the core concepts are more or less solid. It's the type of character where the abilities outshine the personality so I suppose some points for improvement could be fleshing out your master more. But in the end, there's nothing wrong with simplicity.

Eleanor Larkholm:
    A solid character in general. Care was put into the backstory and that's something I can appreciate. More or less what I'd expect from Draconic.

Swallow:
    There's simple. There's unorthodox. And then there's taking an idea, setting it on fire, and then wringing it out like a wet towel until what remains is a hollow skeleton perpetually posed to give everyone that looks at it the middle finger. Okay, that's an exagerration, but you get the point. Still, it's an interesting idea so I'm not even slightly upset. If anything I applaud you.

Anyways, I'll make the thread soon so until they you can introduce your characters to each other or what not. Do whatever you like.

Also, I know it's not my place to comment on this, but why the hell did every one of you pick a Saber-type Servant? Do you guys love swords that much? Are you the bones of your swords? The party is about as balanced as a two legged stool.

Blog Entries
    Well technically mine is more of an Assassin!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Crap. Seriously? Maybe I'll change Servants? Hey, Milbunk, you wouldn't be averse to making that official, would you?

I'm actually not sure I can change my Servant considering that my character was kind of made with him in mind...
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    My official class is Assassin but I can understand why the gm would think a Saber and I think I forgot to include the class so my bad.