Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 17 Anime Season

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I actually enjoyed Clockwork planet. But, yes, the production values are very mediocre. Also, I'm a filthy secondary, so I've no idea of how the manga and LN are. The best part for me was definitely everything involving RyuZU, because I really love robot girls. Robot girls are better than human girls to me.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just finished the first episode of Clockwork Planet now. I enjoyed it a fair bit as well. The premise and setting are cool (again, the gearpunk stuff is right up my alley) and the characters, while not the most innovative so far are at least not overtly dislikeable. Naota is your usual energetic Shonen lead, but his boyish enthusiasm for all things clockwork is immediately endearing.

RyuZU's eccentric personality also worked for me, mixing stoic submissiveness, coy flirtation and vaguely haughty disdain in one gorgeous android package. While her personality is doubtfully anything terribly unique in the land of anime, at the very least its various elements 'clicked' together for me. (If you'll excuse the gear pun).

The idea of a world powered entirely by gears and related mechanisms is certainly a creative one, and the show's visuals do it a fair deal of justice. At least the panoramic views over the eponymous clockwork planet are quite visually striking, though the up-close shots of normal (albeit vaguely futuristic) looking buildings topped with random gears are more disappointing.

While I haven't read the original novels and so obviously can't compare, overall this has the potential to be a fairly well-done action/fantasy romp. Plus, the show's use of CGI in the ending credits is alone lightyears better then anything Hand Shakers conjured up for its entire runtime.

If you want to see good CGI, I reccomend you check out Kado. The CGI starts at the end of episode 0 and is there for the rest of the show, but it looks great. The show's plot and the way it executes it are also really good.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    If you want to see good CGI, I reccomend you check out Kado. The CGI starts at the end of episode 0 and is there for the rest of the show, but it looks great. The show's plot and the way it executes it are also really good.
    ...That show sounds boring as frick, no offense.

Imo it's for the best that the anime cut out most of the exposition, the setting of Clockwork Planet doesn't make much sense.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sakura Quest: legitimately funny, the first one I've seen this season.

Sagarada Reset: Wow, this more hamfisted than Charlotte. At least they tried to explain away the reason people had superpowers. And had characters with personality. I never thought I'd be calling something a low teir Charlotte, but here we are. I guess they need the income to put towards Jojo 5.

Renai Boukon: The Fuck was that?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    obligatory episode 0 of Saekano season2.

as expected, Eriri's voice got changed a bit because VA said she forgot Eriri's voice.

Berserk S2 is still CGI Berserk. But I like how they did Farnese's flashback

Re:Creators: Interesting but I have no idea where it'll go. So far one of the best this season. Which isn't saying much

too tired to wait for Bahamut
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha, I-IV made the mechs for Re:creators.

- - - Updated - - -

I like it so far. The action's nice and fluid and the character designs are nice; some of the perspectives during the car chase were a real highlight. Pity about Souta's glasses being so shitty that he sees better without them though. On the other hand, maybe it's meant to be a 20/20 viewer looking through functional glasses, thus creating blurriness?

At any rate, all of the girls are cute, though Fantasy Military Whitehead is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Re:Creators was great and a massive load of fun
    Bahamut Virgin Soul was awesome and a great return. Nina's a fun lead. Also, 1st episode and best girl of spring and summer is already here. Rita will always be best necromancer zombie loli
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kudo: The CG in this feels like RWBY, I don't know if that's a complient to Rooster Teeth or an insult to Toei.

Hinako Note is cute girls doing cute things. Might keep up, might not.

Re:creators started really slow but grabbed my interest at the end with the LN characters trying to find their writers.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

マリーの味方
    hmm yes i'd also like for a cute anime girl to leave her anime world and start living with me

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumomo looked better than I expected, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Judging by the OP it's not going to get very far, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    never thought that Hinako Note will be that cute.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    If there isn't an episode of Re:Creators in which the characters discover rule 34 of themselves online then that's a missed opportunity.

We're getting 22 episodes so I fully expect that to be a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

This is hilarious levels of self-plagiarism, though. Sota is Inaho but with glasses and is an otaku and chuuni-lite.

Hiroyuki Sawano makes the show, though, so I'll stick to it for that alone. Well, that and the memes.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Bahamut is back, and it's pretty damn nice it's back. But heck, Virgin Soul... well played.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Thank God the new Bahamut is two-cours. One-cour for S1, while fairly sufficient, still wasn't enough.

Oh hey, BunBun is responsible for the designs for Sakura Quest. Figured those characters looked familiar.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    It's at least one cour of Nina constantly getting turned on by any somewhat good-looking man. I'm not sure if I can handle it, but I'm all for more female protagonists in anime in general.

I dread upcoming Netsuzou Trap, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Clockwork Planet is probably the only anime that I'll be skip-watching.

Bahamut Virgin Souls was just great fun all around. Nice to see the only good phone game adaptation back
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't suppose that new Bahamut season means new version of Rita in GBF, huh? Amira got 2 versions in GBF.