Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 17 Anime Season

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I love Mr.Sandal and his native English (not ENGRISH).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh, seeing Shimakaze everywhere this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, congrats to Satania. She managed to become that arch demon she always aspired to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Sakura Quest was good again this week. Is that an American accent I hear on the poncho dude, who may also be the announcer for the previews?

But yeah, all the girls were cute but I think Ririko might be my favourite at the moment.
    The VA is indeed a gaijin, yes.

Heck the character he voices is also pretty obviously gaijin, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    Busou is fun and Oni is extremely cute.

How the fuck does the dying rural town in Sakura Quest have 50.000 people though?
    Suburban sprawl.

That or it's another mistranslation. Sakura Quest's had a few of them.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just watched the second episode of Clockwork Planet, and I'd say it's shaping up to be a pretty good show.

RyuZU really is adorable. The scene of her trying on new clothes with Naoto was easily one of the d'aww worthy moments I've seen in a while.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Gudako??? Lol.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

My is that a SHAFTing?

it's finally here, seven deadly boobs.

liking sloth girl so far.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    Gudako??? Lol.
    Bahamut Virgin Soul.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    it's finally here, seven deadly boobs.

liking sloth girl so far.
    My most hyped show of the season And it doesn't dissapoint
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    My most hyped show of the season And it doesn't dissapoint
    Most hyped of the season? You have... interesting tastes.

I did check it out though and the basic premise seemed intriguing, albeit obviously a vessel for boatloads of fanservice. The censoring was incredibly obnoxious and basically makes watching the show's spicier scenes an exercise in irritation. If it keeps up like that, it'd definitely make much more sense to wait for an uncensored edition of some sort. (Thankfully Valkyrie Drive, a similar ecchi show, had an uncensored version come out quite quickly alongside the regular episodes)

Blog Entries
    Just watched the second episode of Rage Of Bahamut: Virgin Soul. That scene of Nina trying to walk nonchalantly by Azazel while whistling and pretending not to notice him was comedy freaking gold. Nearly everything about their interactions this week is hilarious, really. Azazel is trying to give Nina this big dramatic lecture on the hypocrisy of mankind, and meanwhile she's just thinking "Who is this crazily hot guy and why is he shouting at me?" while trying to keep her raging hormones in check enough so she doesn't explode into a giant dragon. Seriously, that girl needs to enter a convent or something. I'm pretty sure her unchecked libido is literally a threat to all humanity at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

And what's with that ending theme? I was happily nodding along to the happy-go-lucky visuals of chibi Nina strolling through an RPG-styled environment while cheery music plays until I suddenly realize... are these lyrics about suicide? The singer talks about "saying goodbye to everything" and "killing her past self" and I'm all like... is this metaphorical? What is this?

...Rather disturbingly dark lyrics for such an outwardly bouncy song and accompanying imagery, in any case.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Most hyped of the season? You have... interesting tastes.

I did check it out though and the basic premise seemed intriguing, albeit obviously a vessel for boatloads of fanservice. The censoring was incredibly obnoxious and basically makes watching the show's spicier scenes an exercise in irritation. If it keeps up like that, it'd definitely make much more sense to wait for an uncensored edition of some sort. (Thankfully Valkyrie Drive, a similar ecchi show, had an uncensored version come out quite quickly alongside the regular episodes)
    There are uncensored versions. ReinWeiss and RH are uncensored. I definitely wouldn't have been hyped for it if I didn't know uncensored releases were gonna come. But based AT-X delivered.
    I should also say, that Sin is my most hyped new show. I don't count sequels or spinoffs because they have an advantage, since the fact I'm watching a sequel or spinoff means I like the original material and want more.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I should also say, that Sin is my most hyped new show. I don't count sequels or spinoffs because they have an advantage, since the fact I'm watching a sequel or spinoff means I like the original material and want more.
    Ah, so excluding stuff like My Hero Academia and Rage Of Bahamut then.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    RIP Magical Girl Idealism
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    RIP Magical Girl Idealism
    Now I finally get what this post is talking about.

Yeah, that episode of Re:Creators was really something. I have to say, while Rage Of Bahamut might be better objectively, when it comes to a show that's just an absolute blast to watch from beginning to end, this one's hard to beat. The premise is absolutely perfect- both allowing for all kinds of ridiculous and over-the-top scenarios with characters from all different genres clashing but also moments of surprising depth and reflection on the nature of fiction, reality and the creative process.

When Meteora outright admitted that the "real" world Sota lives in could also be a story told in a "higher" layer of reality, I knew this would be a show that does its premise justice rather then just using it for cheap thrills. It also brings up fascinating- and somewhat disturbing- questions on the morality of creating stories of suffering and despair (looking at you, Urobuchi) if you know they actually exist out there somewhere in the multiverse.

Of course, it's still not entirely clear whether the "gods" are even in fact truly creating the worlds in question, as opposed to merely describing parallel worlds that already exist. You could imagine either that certain creative minds are born more attuned to the wavelengths of other worlds (insert some pseudo-scientific explanation here), or that the act of describing itself establishes a connection between two worlds that existed independently of each other. If you were to view it in terms of a broader multiverse theory (like Tegmark's mathematical universe or Lewis' Modal Realism) then all possible worlds already exist and so every (consistent) story is true somewhere, after all.

...This is all probably looking at it way too closely, but the fact that the show's got me speculating this deeply says quite a lot about how fascinating the premise is.

- - - Updated - - -

I also wonder what role that girl who threw herself off the train platform in episode 1 is going to play... she even shows up in the OP so she's clearly important somehow...

re:creators: does plot armor exist in 'real' world?

like, a character's cause of death will be the weak point.

or gag manga's characters won't die.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; April 15th, 2017 at 10:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    re:creators: does plot armor exist in 'real' world?

like, a character's cause of death will be the weak point.

or gag manga's characters won't die.
    Plot armor that depends on being a "main" character probably wouldn't work in a world where they're no longer recognized as such. However, other kinds of plot armor based on the genre of one's home series might still apply (like a Shonen brawler being able to call out their special attacks without interruption), though it's unclear how it'd clash against someone from, say, a gritty war story where Why Don't You Just Shoot Him? is in full play.

Of course, the (even more) meta answer is that of course plot armor exists because the "real" world is ultimately just another story being told by us and we sure as heck know Sota or Selesia aren't going to kick the bucket in the first episode. That's why analyzing shows that flirt with (or in this case, shatter with a titanium sledgehammer) the fourth wall like this can be such be a difficult (though enjoyable) task.

The part about their deaths giving a clue to their weaknesses also reminds me a lot of Fate.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    So apparently Hiroe Rei has been trying to get Re:Creators made for YEARS and it was originally meant to be an original story featuring characters from various real works including Fate/ and be a battle royal. The reason it failed? The different creators kept bickering over which one of their characters was going to win it and how the story should go.

Probably for the best that Anime Death Battle became Anime Original Death Battle instead and avoided a metafictional even more self-referential popularity contest shitstorm. Plus, original characters are easier to get invested into w/out prior experience of a given series.
    Out of curiosity where did you hear this?