Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Anima Kiseki // Gate: Future [OOC thread]

Blog Entries
    Remind me again what your class was typhous?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Pawn: Jack of all trades, master of none
    "Nothing is the greatest gift Mankind has ever been giving."

"Wait. How so?"

"Because it's the only thing Mankind can ever give a shit about"

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Oh, there he is.

Welp, in the meantime, I'll just bide my time by practicing invoking a plague of omnichromatic frogs across Central Europe.
    :thinking:

On an actual serious note though,

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two things of note here I feel should be stated. One, what just happened is the result of me thinking "this game is all about tactics and synergetically overcoming the enemy. It would be more appropriate to provide support rather then just have two one on one's happening side by side"
    I hadn't been thinking about it at the time, but in a sense, this might have been more effectively implemented if the players were, for the most part, on the same squads. But the only way to actually have done it perfectly would have been to have four teams of five PCs each for maximized coordination, and that would be too much for any GM.

I suppose it might be worth proposing this type of system to a company looking to produce an MMO with a very significantly co-op-oriented storyline.
    Last edited by Draconic; May 1st, 2018 at 07:20 AM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhous View Post
    Not entirely sure if using the miracle in that way is even feasible but damn does it sound cool doing it! I'll change it if anything, Hero.
    Actually, using Spells creatively is encouraged, so long as as it doesn't exceed the limit of what you can do to an absurd degree.

Going back to overheating, please note that Spells that have a set duration as opposed to being instant (Ex. Reinforce my muscle STR while this spell is active, for a max of 5 turns in a row), generate the same amount of heat for activation that for upkeep. So if a C rank remains active for two turns, it generates a total of 6 heat. I assume Clairvoyance is still active, if so, total heat goes up to 8 (1 C rank x 2 + 1 D Rank + 1 F rank which is actually free). No problems here, just letting you guys know.

Since, unless specified, weapon abilities generate no heat, I believe Tobias doesn't need to pay any upkeep for the wolf.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    nope! The petroglyph is awesome.

By the way typhous if you have any Uber spells you might want to go ahead and get ready to cast them, I suspect I am gonna have ALL the aggro come next post, because one or both these idiots are going to start processing a very important question.

the Wolf doesn’t require upkeep and has already been strengthened once through jade’s heart of the mountain.

...what’s goona happen if she casts that spell 5 more times in a row next turn when her weapon heat dissipates? Amusingly enough that’s actually not what I was thinking about doing depending on the situation, but they don’t know that.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

No urber spell unfortunately, just winging it with the basics in the most insane form possible. I hope Noah doesn't need to make this a common thing XD

"Wait. How so?"

Blog Entries
    What kind of mage doesn’t have a nuke up his sleave? Melt some faces, drop the moon, travel back in time and kick their pregnant grandmother down the stairs, something!

when I am hi-jinxing Noah, he will probably level up a few times, put some points into your annihilate humanity skill already, who dumps that?!

Blog Entries
    Sei, back me up here.

...you put points into annihilate humanity right? Knowing you I’m awaiting with baited breathe the first time you break out BMs hadoken from 8-bit theatre

if by annihilate humanity you mean strip down in front of people, then yeah.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Blog Entries
    Every battle mage needs a nuke. It's called a kill move.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

So I definitely need one as well... Time To Research!

"Wait. How so?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    if by annihilate humanity you mean strip down in front of people, then yeah.
    Uber nuke: free balling it

rank A(ss)

?

Need to go to work, but expect an update today for Toby and Ty.

Blog Entries
    Two things, A, i feel like a cool fight scene like that deserve a battle/victory BGM.

B, is the thing you were talking about before jade’s goofing around inadvertantly struck the guy’s weakness?

A. In my defense that update was so long and I was so tired I discarded looking for music altogether. Take it for granted for the next and first real fight, since this was just a short skirmish to introduce characters and stuff.
    B. Come again? You didnt't bite his ass off if that's what you're asking. You weren't the one to shoot down his whip either, that was Ty's miracle (the post is written from his PoV).

Blog Entries
    Eh? I just meant if this

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    Well that's an interesting turn of events
    referred to whip guy turning out to not be very good at handling two pronged attacks.

Biting his ass off was just an amusing bonus.

Ooh. To be honest i never expected you to do that having some other enemy in front. But PCs tend to do just that a lot of the time so it was just another day in GM life until i thought, hey that might be crazy but its actually a good idea.

So basically yes, yes indeed. Had your familiar been any larger, i would have eliminated the guy instead of just crippling him.

Ummm good job?

Blog Entries
    You know... Thinking about it, I kinda wish I would have found a way to slap someone with Hokuto's penis. That's not something I get to do very often...
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Noah's about to have a huge migraine at the end of this XD

"Wait. How so?"

The burden of protag