Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 354043444546 LastLast

Thread: Zero Fun thread

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Well since AZO was a singularity that means that everything Waver tried to fix was meaningless since everything gets erased which is kinda dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    How? In the end the happiness was undone and we restored the original timeline. If anything that's even more depressing.
    See I was actually going to make fun of this exact sentiment in my previous post but I thought maybe I was remembering wrong and nobody actually gave Urobuchi credit for making his singularity work like every other singularity in the game, but

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    The fact that it could be fixed is good.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    something something

The dead people would not come back.
    Reality cannot be overturned.
    To continue on remembering the pain and the weight… isn't that how lost things remain?

…People will eventually die, and death itself is sad.
    But pain shouldn't be the only thing that remains.
    A death is painful, but it also leaves behind bright memories.
    As I am bound by these people's deaths…
    As I am protected by my memories of Kiritsugu…
    I believe memories become constraints and change the people living now.

…Even if…
    They are memories that will eventually be forgotten.

something something

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mashu's speech at the end of the event was pretty good.

Or was that in Babylon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Babylonia had a scene about it, yes.

Gil tries to cheer you up saying that You Made A Difference. It felt nice.

until everyone died

Blog Entries
    I really need to read the tls
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    See I was actually going to make fun of this exact sentiment in my previous post but I thought maybe I was remembering wrong and nobody actually gave Urobuchi credit for making his singularity work like every other singularity in the game, but
    It kinda reminds me of his author notes for Zero, where he basically said he could have a mark on FSN and write as he pleased because it was a prequel and shit ended badly.

So he wins here too. He can write things out normally, where the happiness gained and development Kariya had go byebye because of the eraser button.

So even if Nasu let him write the grimdark, he wins, and if he writes it normally, he wins too.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My opinion on Zero basically adds up to "Everyone's bad, no one's good, everything dies, and Ionian Hetairoi is cool."
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

JP Friend Code
    I just read through this thread...oh boy that was an adventure.

My opinion on F/Z:

It was good even with it's inconsistencies and moments of grimderp via the Urobutcher. I've grown to hate the Urobutcher not for this pointlessly grim stories but for his predictability, he is a one trick pony. for the most part

Hi btw
    Last edited by BobbyFischer; April 13th, 2017 at 11:24 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
    I've grown to hate the Urobutcher not for this pointlessly grim stories but for this predictability, he is a one trick pony. for the most part
    Not anymore. He's grown a fair bit since the dark olde days. Now he writes stuff like Suisei No Gargantia and Expelled From Paradise, far from the unrelenting darkness that defined his earlier material...

Blog Entries
    Maybe he can fake it well enough people don't notice or has random relapses, 8f it's true Nasu had to tell him to tone it down a peg again when he wrote that scenario for GO.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    It kinda reminds me of his author notes for Zero, where he basically said he could have a mark on FSN and write as he pleased because it was a prequel and shit ended badly.

So he wins here too. He can write things out normally, where the happiness gained and development Kariya had go byebye because of the eraser button.

So even if Nasu let him write the grimdark, he wins, and if he writes it normally, he wins too.
    Kariya didn't have development and the "happiness gained" was mostly Iri joining Chaldea which isn't undone. There's also Kayneth but there is a conversion beforehand about how they know how singularities work but want to do it anyway, it's not something that's sprung on the reader after the fact to "take away" the story's resolution.

It's also a complete reiteration of how every single singularity in the game had worked up to that point but people only ascribe it significance when it's Urobuchi for some reason????¿????
    Last edited by Kotonoha; April 14th, 2017 at 09:01 AM.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    grim dark impression too stronk contrast
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Kariya didn't have development and the "happiness gained" was mostly Iri joining Chaldea which isn't undone. There's also Kayneth but there is a conversion beforehand about how they know how singularities work but want to do it anyway, it's not something that's sprung on the reader after the fact to "take away" the story's resolution.

It's also a complete reiteration of how every single singularity in the game had worked up to that point but people only ascribe it significance when it's Urobuchi for some reason????¿????
    Didn't he give up a hand to negotiate with Iskandar + let go of some of his craziness toward the end? That is at least something.

And yeah, everyone knows how things work, that doesn't really take away the point of it being basically a win/win for Gen there.

It's like how you'd not be forcing a guy who loves maid outfits to write a story about maids. The significance is given because of the person's preferences.
    Like, if I wrote a story about Sakura, you'd expect and look at other points differently than if someone else wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I'm the one that's pointing out you're lacking in the "regular person" perspective. Tokiomi did what a lot of people adopting kids out do.

I have biological siblings that stayed with my biological family. I have biological siblings that were adopted out like I was. The adoptions were all different. My biological family did not research who I would be going to, so I could have ended up, like many, in a shit home with a shit family. My biological family did apparently research another sibling's family. This does not mean they were morally right to my sister and shit on me, or that they were wrong for keeping the elder kids they already had and giving me up rather than the other way around, or even that giving me up was either good or bad. It's complicated.

Your comments on the mundane, adoption side of stuff is all over the place. Guess what? No system in the world covers 100% all eventualities. There are valid reasons to distance yourself from an adopted child like they did even without throwing the whole Tohsaka-and-Matou-are-magus-families in. Everything that Rin and Sakura do in FSN itself is very typical of many adoptions that happen like that, where you do in fact have knowledge that you're related but at the same time want to maintain certain distance.

It is very weird now to try and have a relationship with my siblings. Especially since she went to a different region of the states, so whenever the Colts and the Seahawks play we are bitter enemies.
    Except I think in a interview they say Tokiomi knew about zouken worm pit.
    And the only thing he would've objected to was the eventuality that zouken had for sakura.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereus View Post
    Except I think in a interview they say Tokiomi knew about zouken worm pit.
    And the only thing he would've objected to was the eventuality that zouken had for sakura.
    Are you sure? A magi family is supposed to hide their tricks from others family.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperversum View Post
    Are you sure? A magi family is supposed to hide their tricks from others family.
    yes
    it was a french interview
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    yes
    it was a french interview
    It was found in a cache of nazi treasures
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperversum View Post
    but he knew about Zokuken, that he is not normal living thing anymore, more than just an old mage
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by King of Uruk12 View Post
    but he knew about Zokuken, that he is not normal living thing anymore, more than just an old mage
    Well I guess that thing isn't such problematic for him. Who cares about a lich anyway? The association permits way worse things.