Page 1 of 46 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Fun thread

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zero Fun thread

do most people hate FZ for real in this forum, or its mostly just meme?

srs question, i was randomly browsing around the forum and find it weird there's quite more hate comment on FZ than the opposite and then it makes me wonder whether i just have shitty taste for thinking FZ was good

apologize if this is an old, bad, can of worms
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Imo it's better than Apoc, Fragments and by itself it's a pretty good and sufficient story

Def. not as good as FSN

Actual quality of FZ aside, it's partially because the FZ novel and especially anime brought in new fans who might have had assumptions about what to expect from the Fate series as a whole coloured by Zero (ie. dark/grim/edgy what have you) and some would prefer the rest of the series follow suit, and you can imagine the arguments that can come from that

That's why there are terms like zerofags and such, and it's not just BL, but I like to think most of the hate these days is just reflexive memery
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Memes because, from what I've personally seen, people can get very very not objective about Zero.

I see Gil fanboys and Saber fanboys being the most butthurt about F/Z. Then come the whole stupid notion about F/Z is serious grim dark edgy stuff while F/SN is teenage romcom in disguise

The only qualm I have about F/Z is that almost every Urobutcher's works are way too similar in theme, storytelling, etc ... that it kinda hurts its true potential. Other than that, F/Z is good and I definitely like F/Z anime adaptation more than UBW, mainly because of the music (even though Kajiura, in a sense, suffer from the same symptom as Urobuchi that most of her work sounds nearly identical)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    As people have said, I think the majority of the Hate is directed not at Zero itself but at Zerofags that complain about how the rest of the Franchise isn't 'deep' and 'serious' (read: grimderpy and edgelordy) like Zero.

Blog Entries
    The problem is largely with people who watch Zero first and then are being obnoxious with "Zero is the greatest thing" and "rest of the franchise is shit" (latter mainly refers to FSN). With Zero getting a lot of exposure and catching huge new public, it may get tiring with time.

Though personally i've noticed that i think less of Zero now than during the time it was hot shit (due to me getting a lot deeper down the rabbit hole than i was during Zero times). While i think it makes for good stand-alone story (which causes the abovementioned problem), it isnt looking particularly great as part of franchise. Part of it though might be that it was the "first gen" of TM spinoffs (along with Apoc, but Apoc has issues with its story on its own while Zero largely doesnt). But thats just me.

And, actually, there is very little of this that i've seen on this forum particularly. Its mostly other places on the internet which in general share the trait of "this is internet-place for all things" and thus public is mostly knows very little of franchise in general.
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; March 29th, 2017 at 07:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Still haven't watched or read zero. No burning need to, either

Blog Entries
    btw apparently i have zero exposure to this zerofags

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    And, actually, there is very little of this that i've seen on this forum particularly. Its mostly other places on the internet which in general share the trait of "this is internet-place for all things" and thus public is mostly knows very little of franchise in general.
    tbf, i was random browsing somewhat old threads when i encounter maybe not loads but definitely immensely aggressive hatred to Zero (which makes me wonder is this for real or just meme fueled to begin with)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    btw apparently i have zero exposure to this zerofags
    Try visiting most anime discussion forums, you will be sullied in no time.

Maybe YOU are the zerofags
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Blog Entries
    ohshit what do i do
    am i in save line if i played the vn before reading zero
    Last edited by castor212; March 29th, 2017 at 08:23 AM.

I like Zero. Preferred the novel.

JP Friend Code
    I liked Zero but it's pretty forgettable imo. I still have to go back to check the details often.

Blog Entries
    In terms of people who genuinely dislike Zero for what it is, without any caveats about the anime or its fans or whatever, there's like me, Toby, and Koto. Now, that's basically a controlling interest in the forum, I grant you, but it doesn't represent a common hatred of Zero: rather, it's actually a high-class hatred of Zero.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    In terms of people who genuinely dislike Zero for what it is, without any caveats about the anime or its fans or whatever, there's like me, Toby, and Koto. Now, that's basically a controlling interest in the forum, I grant you, but it doesn't represent a common hatred of Zero: rather, it's actually a high-class hatred of Zero.
    #draintheswamp
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Why do you hate it? Not that I disagree, just curious.

do most people hate FZ for real in this forum, or its mostly just meme?

srs question, i was randomly browsing around the forum and find it weird there's quite more hate comment on FZ than the opposite and then it makes me wonder whether i just have shitty taste for thinking FZ was good

apologize if this is an old, bad, can of worms
    I like it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    how to high class hatred

i dun geddit

Zero's not the best, but it's not nearly the worst. By the same token, Uro's writing isn't exactly mesmerising but his style fits the subject matter.

You should've made the same thread about UBW 2014 instead.