Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Fun thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I liked Gargantia more as a fish-out-of-water SoL than what it ended up turning into in the end :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    It's been a while since I've read Zero, tbh, so I don't think I could immediately cite a passage, but the various ways that Sola and Iri and Maiya felt 'love' spring to mind - I recall it always being described very distantly and without anything that made it feel real, despite how key to their characters it was. For that matter, Kotomine is another standout, now I think about it: to me, Nasu did far more in one scene of HF to make his situation feel resonant and poignant than Urobuchi managed with four volumes, while he's actually in the midst of trying to resolve his crisis.
    what about Lancelot
    pure curiosity on why you dislike the way he is handled
    disclaimer: i grewup on the environment that is pretty scarce in terms of medieval stuffs like king arthur's legend
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancelot didn't really have much beyond AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRTHUR. His final fight against Saber is the only time I remember we got something other than that.

As for why I didn't like Zero much, it's hard to get invested in most of the characters that you already know don't matter in the long run. Waver was the one I enjoyed the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    I dont know about mattering in the long run. F/z works as a self-contained story, which is one of things I can praise without any caveats.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I quite enjoyed Zero, both anime and LN; the Banquet of Kings is still one of my favorite episodes in anime for how well everything comes together to establish Iskandar's position and how badly his justified confidence in himself shakes Saber's.

Also Fate/Zero and Madoka are really not similar to Thunderbolt Fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

マリーの味方
    Zero is good.

I like Lancelot and Diarmuid the least out of all Zero servants because they feel way too melodramatic with their shit than i could stand for. Diarmuid gets screwed quite a lot so I can somewhat forgive, but Lancelot is way too emo for me, especially after reading his piece in Garden of Avalon.

Of the knight Agravainn is actually the one I relate to the most

Blog Entries
    I like Zero because I get seriously turned on by blonde girls in suits. And girls in suits in general. And motorbikes.

A blonde girl in a suit riding a motorbike? Instant like
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    what about Lancelot
    pure curiosity on why you dislike the way he is handled
    disclaimer: i grewup on the environment that is pretty scarce in terms of medieval stuffs like king arthur's legend
    Partly it's that I just got the impression Gen was sucking Lance's dick as hard as he could, which I found deeply annoying.

Outside of that - or, not exactly outside that, because it plays into the impression too - the most concrete offence to me is Eternal Arms Mastery. You know how Nasu always always always sets up rules so he can break them for effect? EAM felt like an awful, feeble, misguided attempt on Urobuchi's part to do that. It gets no build-up, resultantly has no impact on the reader when it's revealed, could honestly just have been cut with barely a change, and yet it's an appallingly unsubtle, block undoing of the major +power -finesse conceit of Berserker class, which casts its shadow to this day. It's another of my prime examples of how Urobuchi fails to write a Nasuverse story in Zero. (Also, really, if Lance gets it, Herakles certainly should have had it in the first place too, so it's silly from that perspective as well - and I don't advocate Herk getting it either).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't hate Zero, I just like FSN heaps more.

I find that Zero lacks some of the qualities that make the core Nasuverse stories endearing (to me).
    Last edited by aldeayeah; March 29th, 2017 at 01:27 PM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Partly it's that I just got the impression Gen was sucking Lance's dick as hard as he could, which I found deeply annoying.

Outside of that - or, not exactly outside that, because it plays into the impression too - the most concrete offence to me is Eternal Arms Mastery. You know how Nasu always always always sets up rules so he can break them for effect? EAM felt like an awful, feeble, misguided attempt on Urobuchi's part to do that. It gets no build-up, resultantly has no impact on the reader when it's revealed, could honestly just have been cut with barely a change, and yet it's an appallingly unsubtle, block undoing of the major +power -finesse conceit of Berserker class, which casts its shadow to this day. It's another of my prime examples of how Urobuchi fails to write a Nasuverse story in Zero. (Also, really, if Lance gets it, Herakles certainly should have had it in the first place too, so it's silly from that perspective as well - and I don't advocate Herk getting it either).
    Hmm, I see.

Would it change anything were, say, EAM got proper build up and proper (?) story integration, on the whole?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd contest that Eternal Arms Mastery was really as irrelevant as you claim. It's pretty much the only reason he can use any of the weapons hijacked through Knight Of Owner with any remote degree of finesse. We certainly couldn't have had the whole crazy jet dog-fight without it, which was probably one of the best scenes in the whole thing.

On why Lancelot has it and not Herc... that's admittedly a bit trickier. Maybe Herc, though the greatest hero of his era, wasn't the greatest swordfighter like Lancelot (supposedly) was?

Blog Entries
    Would it change anything were, say, EAM got proper build up and proper (?) story integration, on the whole?
    It'd help, certainly, though I'd hardly be a convert to liking Zero just because of the one change.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    I just loathe the walking carcass that created it, OP.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    I just loathe the walking carcass that created it, OP.
    butdoes the thing that the carcass creates also enter the realm of hatred?

JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    butdoes the thing that the carcass creates also enter the realm of hatred?
    ...Yes, I do hate him. On the grounds that his personal providence taints any works that he creates.
    Quotes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate

Blog Entries
    It'd help, certainly, though I'd hardly be a convert to liking Zero just because of the one change.
    no, not zero but lance himself, cuz from what i understand your disliking of Zero comes to the fundamental writing itself which i understand

im just trying to wrap my head about Lancelot dicksucking, because, and this is just my general impression, he actually felt kinda shafted in terms of fleshing out the character due to not much showtime? sort of
    Last edited by castor212; March 29th, 2017 at 01:20 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Oh, you're talking about this work specifically? I actually don't really feel much for it because it's a prequel. Of course, it is what it is because it takes place in the past so it was expected.
    Quotes
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    ...Yes, I do hate him. On the grounds that his personal providence taints any works that he creates.
    interesting. can you elaborate?
    Last edited by castor212; March 29th, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

US Friend Code

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'd contest that Eternal Arms Mastery was really as irrelevant as you claim. It's pretty much the only reason he can use any of the weapons hijacked through Knight Of Owner with any remote degree of finesse. We certainly couldn't have had the whole crazy jet dog-fight without it, which was probably one of the best scenes in the whole thing.

On why Lancelot has it and not Herc... that's admittedly a bit trickier. Maybe Herc, though the greatest hero of his era, wasn't the greatest swordfighter like Lancelot (supposedly) was?
    I Don't think EAM is that far-fetched, considering its just supernatural muscle memory. I agree with Royd that its main purpose was to give reason for his Noble Phantasm, and also to act as a foil on how Herk vs Gil fight played out in SN, or thats what I think at least.

Also to answer your question Royd in Athurian stories the reason why Lancelot has isn't because he's a master swordsmen but because he's a master EVERYTHING, are you amazing at the sword? Lancelot's better than you. Are you the greatest jouster in the realm? Lancelot's better than you. Are you supreme ladykiller known by all? Lancelot's better than you. No matter how much you were praised in the stories, Lancelot was just praised more.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here