Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91417181920212429 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Fun thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kotelo View Post
    What's the point of adding Medea Lily if they were planning to give Irisviel for free...
    Because, in nearly every case, Medea Lily is flat out better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Medea Lily is flat
    There's the problem Captain

She is most certainly not
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Blog Entries
    Next to Iri she might as well be a pancake

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
    She is most certainly not
    look, there's no way she can even compare
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Next to Iri she might as well be a pancake
    insert euphemism for demon pillar explanation joke here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i sleep one night and we are now talking about medea lily's chest
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    conversations naturally turn to more interesting subjects

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Kariya's no hero by any means, but in the fucked up world of Fate/Zero, his wish for Sakura's happiness is still one of the most genuinely admirable IMO.
    nazis were really big on animal protection

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    This is all started with an innocent question.
    realtalk i didnt think this thread would go beyond 2 or 3 pages

Quote Originally Posted by everybody
    kariya stuff
    tbh if he wasnt like this i would like zero a bit less
    karia is necessary loser
    do i have shitty taste

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    cool answer
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    mature answer
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    actual answer
    thank you for these
    Last edited by castor212; March 30th, 2017 at 06:58 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

realtalk i didnt think this thread would go beyond 2 or 3 pages
    Neither did I. But look where we are.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Still, even if Kariya hadn't been a green-eyed derelict and actually made an effort to communicate with Tokiomi effectively, would it have changed anything?

That block of text mentions Tokiomi would have turned Zouken down if he knew Zouken's true plans for Sakura, but it also highlights what a boner he had for the though of a magically trained Sakura. I get the impression he would have very much a no use crying over spilt milk/got to break a few eggs to make an omelette kind of reation.
    The problem is that by the time Kariya knows anything, it's too late. Tokiomi and Aoi saw him as a guy who was just a failure who ran away from magecraft like a sissy, none of them knew that it did take guts to walk out on Zouken. Aoi at the very least knows he has a good relationship with her daughters, and has known him since they were children. She never thought to ask why he went pale when she told him (like actually ask). And the conversation at the park basically said the two completely missed each other in terms of their stances and worldview.

Kariya was too in shock and seeing red to calm down and explain things, but considering Aoi was in full magus wife mode in self denial and Rin was going along with it too, that it would likely be hard to press the issue and convince her that her husband had made a mistake. Because, as the book implied several times, Aoi doesn't go against Tokiomi on any decision or speak up in opposition, pretty much ever. Which is odd why that character profile said that Aoi's temperament was more like Sakura's, because Sakura does speak up against Shirou quite a few times.

And Tokiomi is also equally as likely to listen that the Makiri magecraft is a sham, because he literally went full in on this, enough to completely cut off all contact with Sakura (which kinda makes it much easier for a person to lie about their promises Tokiomi, old chap).

Further, what exactly is Tokiomi gonna do after the fact when Sakura is now a perfect hostage? At worst, you'd get the spiel Rin gives in HF about preserving Sakura's dignity as a magus by euthanasia, and the other options aren't much better than that.

So again, the big issue is that the situation reached a point where, considering the mentality of the people involved it was hard to break the situation into a net positive.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; March 30th, 2017 at 08:38 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Sakura is hardly a 'Perfect Hostage' that early on. The problems in HF were caused by the worms beeing in so long that they had become fused with her nerves, and Zouken planting his Core worm in her heart- Neither of which had happened when Kariya found out about her being handed over. If he'd talked to them straight away instead of playing LN Protag, chances are Sakura could have been saved and de-wormed in short order.

Of course then Kariya wouldn't get to be the hero and win Aoi-sama's love, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    People have probably beat this topic to death, but Zouken is the head of the PTA of the local school district. Zouken doesn't go around town being an evil bastard for shits and giggles. Can Tokiomi really be faulted for not considering that the guy who has acted cordially to his family and known for having a good reputation in town was worming Sakura?

Meanwhile, Kariya, who knows firsthand what his family's magecraft entails, doesn't even bother to tell either Aoi or Tokiomi just what exactly is happening to Sakura. Instead, he decides to use the HGW to try and kill Tokiomi and get together with Aoi and the children like some sort of hero.
    yeah how could tokiomi know that zouken was evil or how the matou magecraft works i mean its not like their families have lived in the same city together for over a hundred years or worked together to make a giant magic ritual or regularly fight each other in magical duels to the death

I just straight up dislike Kariya.

He's the type of character that makes you feel sad, but not because you're sorry for him, but because he could have done things so much better if he had just acted sooner instead of doing it that late. In fact, I think (aside from killing Rin's mom and Berserker in the Grail War) he didn't contribute at all to the story aside from saying "Zouken's a monster." And "I must save Sakura and Aoi."

He is just so hopeless a character. Even more hopeless than Enjou Tomoe. And his origin is legitimately "Worthlessness".

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Yeah Kariya just wanted to take Aoi with him. After saving Sakura and killing Tokiomi "I saved Sakura for you, Aoi-san" "OMG, Kariya you're my hero" "Let's run away Aoi-san. Just leave your stupid husband." Just like his delusion
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I like it for waht it is
    But i not think is the best thing ever just because is Darker , Actually my issue is not with Zero itself, but with some kinds of Zero fans

I like FSN more but i cant hate Zero, it has Iri

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Sakura is hardly a 'Perfect Hostage' that early on. The problems in HF were caused by the worms beeing in so long that they had become fused with her nerves, and Zouken planting his Core worm in her heart- Neither of which had happened when Kariya found out about her being handed over. If he'd talked to them straight away instead of playing LN Protag, chances are Sakura could have been saved and de-wormed in short order.

Of course then Kariya wouldn't get to be the hero and win Aoi-sama's love, so...
    You're assuming a lot here, especially when Zouken says, in plain English, that he already put his familiars inside her the moment Kariya tries to confront him. It's too late. Nor are we ever told there was a specific time he put the core of his soul in her heart, only about the grail shards from Iri's vessel. That argument would stick better if you said that planting the grail shard in her heart correlates to being a grail vessel, ad thus when he supplanted himself there, but she still ends up being a vessel even when that is ripped from her chest, so I'd say the soul jar was always there as insurance, rather than added later.

But let's say that you have one point here and that it mattered that the familiars had intertwined with her nerves later on in the argument of how hard it would be to save her.

The issue is that his familiars had been inside her in the first place, and he has already started having them work in a parasitic relationship in her body. Frankly, that is checkmate. Moronic as Kariya may be, if he could just walk out the door with Sakura by just being sneaky with Zouken, he would have. How exactly, will Tokiomi deal with Zouken without any possible harm coming to Sakura? Unless Zouken literally forgets he has control over those familiars.
    Let's play Devil's Advocate here, if literally all that was on his mind was making Tokiomi look like an idiot by presenting Sakura back to Aoi, why bother with a plan that inevitably will kill him when he doesn't have to?

In his mind theoretically he would getting to be the hero, Tokiomi looks like a chump, AND he lives to mack some sweet Zenjou ass.

Dislike Kariya as much as you want, but the argument doesn't hold water.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; March 30th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    this is why i don't talk about this stuff
    because i'm convinced too easily
    now i'm going to read the next post and be convinced with that too
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Let's play Devil's Advocate here, if literally all that was on his mind was making Tokiomi look like an idiot by presenting Sakura back to Aoi, why bother with a plan that inevitably will kill him when he doesn't have to?

In his mind theoretically he would getting to be the hero, Tokiomi looks like a chump, AND he lives to mack some sweet Zenjou ass.

Dislike Kariya as much as you want, but the argument doesn't hold water.
    because there's no plan where he alone gets to be the hero and doesn't die
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm cool and you should give me gacha money

- - - Updated - - -

damn it neir