Page 167 of 1902 FirstFirst ... 671171571621651661671681691721772172676671167 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 38034

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Its a case by case because there are exceptions to the rules
    but there is no rules saying that Servants are inferior to their living counterpart?
    its not exception to a rule, its a truly case by case basis
    its the legend that decides
    Servants got stronger as they legend dictates, and legend can take form various ways
    Servant Drake can go physical afgainst other Servants just fine, but human Drake was specifically said to need Poseidon's grail to fight evenly against Servant.

yaeh and living Achilles will still be stronger than your average servant even if he doesnt have some shit he has as HS. Or Herk. Or whoever from classic mythology.
    where did you find a time machine
    Last edited by castor212; July 18th, 2017 at 05:58 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    To reiterate my point, Prototype Fragments come to mind. We get a flashback of a fight between Arthur and Lucius which illustrates how powerful HS can be when alive.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    but there is no rules saying that Servants are inferior to their living counterpart?
    No, but HS is based on a legend ABOUT a person, and Servant is a fragment of HS.

- - - Updated - - -

Servants got stronger as they legend dictates, and legend can take form various ways
    Servant Drake can go physical afgainst other Servants just fine, but human Drake was specifically said to need Poseidon's grail to fight evenly against Servant.
    That doesnt prove your point. You need to prove EVERY living person who is a basis for HS is inferior when compared to servants, not one of the many.

besides, Fragments.

where did you find a time machine?
    Why would i need a time machine to discuss fictional work?
    More importantly, i can make the same type of stupid leads nowhere comment about your argument. I dare you to say living Herk cannot fight Servants. Or living Achilles.
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; July 18th, 2017 at 05:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    No, but HS is based on a legend ABOUT a person, and Servant is a fragment of HS..
    and there is no rule that the framgent of a HS cannot be stronger then the real live counterpart, because legend expands and can be so much bigger than the living counterpart
    its not exception to a rule, its a case by case basis

You need to prove EVERY living person who is a basis for HS is inferior when compared to servants, not one of the many.
    Why would i need to prove every single one of them? My point is that its a case by case basis, not an excpotion to a rule. Its not as "minority" as you speak.

I dare you to say living Herk cannot fight Servants. Or living Achilles.
    like i said before, HS achilles is faster than living achilles.
    Last edited by castor212; July 18th, 2017 at 06:04 AM.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, but I don't believe human (even in the ancient times) can easily match the jet plane speed.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Uruk12 View Post
    Sorry, but I don't believe human (even in the ancient times) can easily match the jet plane speed.
    How do you feel about Gilgamesh and Enkidu flying Vimana when they are in the mood?

like i said before, HS achilles is faster than living achilles.
    And? HS Achilles not a Servant Achilles. I'm not arguing living person is stronger than HS, i'm arguing living person who is a basis for HS is likely to be as strong or stronger as Servant.

also why do you ignore my comment about Fragments? It clearly has the example you are looking for. I cant tell you why Nero in particular is so capable when alive (i havent even read Septem yet), but if you surprised by living person matching Servants then it clearly addresses that its entirely possible by providing an example of what can living people who become HS do when alive.
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; July 18th, 2017 at 06:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    And? HS Achilles not a Servant Achilles. I'm not arguing living person is stronger than HS, i'm arguing living person who is a basis for HS is likely to be as strong or stronger as Servant..
    yes, servant achilles is also faster than living achilles

also why do you ignore my comment about Fragments? It clearly has the example your are looking for.
    Because, as you said, they are one of the many.
    exampale on fragments does not make it a rule, its simply a case by case basis
    the point is that saying "exception to the rule" is not correct, per se, when out of 139 Servants released (pure joke servant discounted) we have 59 which got stronger thanks to legend more than their reallife counterpart. Thats almost half already.
    tldr Its not exception to the rule, its a case by case basis.

I cant tell you why Nero in particular is so capable when alive (i havent even read Septem yet), but if you surprised by living person matching Servants then it clearly addresses that its entirely possible by providing an example.
    maybe reread my original comment then?
    im not surprised that living person matching servants per se, but the lack of reason behind it
    Tfw we still dont know just human Nero can fight almost Servant level
    so i guess nero super circuit probs gives her some edge on that but id love for it to be dwelled upon much deeper
    see? this here is me commenting of the reason of Nero capable of doing so is unclear
    im not complaining about a livng person able to match servant, im complaining about a living person matching a servant without a fleshed out reason other than ROmani saying her magic is gud and the whole Septem praising Nero wo reason
    Last edited by castor212; July 18th, 2017 at 06:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    maybe reread my original comment then?

im not surprised that living person matching servants per se, but the lack of reason behind it
    human shouldnt be able to fight servant no? ancient times or not
    No you directly said that any living person should not be able to fight a Servant regardless if they are superhumans recorded as legends or no. Which is what i replied to. Which is also nonsense because if most of them werent superhumans they wouldnt be able to achieve their superhuman feats.

- - - Updated - - -

Not once i addressed the particular case of Nero

Castor, it doesn't matter if Nero is perhaps stronger as a Servant. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. However, I don't see what implies that she couldn't have been superhuman when she was alive given that the humans who eventually became Servants were usually superhuman already. The ones who weren't were generally things like modern authors. Nero COULD have been one such person, but nothing said she definitely had to be. It shouldn't really come as a huge shock or need a separate explanation.

Besides, as I said, we already knew she did things like strangle lions. That's not exactly Herk level or anything but most people don't take down lions with their bare hands.

Blog Entries
    No you directly said that any living person should not be able to fight a Servant regardless if they are superhumans recorded as legends or no
    thats only a fragment of my comment, which, if you read further, emphasize that i was saying about the human soldiers, not Nero herself. And if you read further, you would see me saying that its ok that Nero can do it, but I wish that there is a more concrete explanation for that.

so maybe dont use a fragment of my comment to represent my whole comment next time
    Last edited by castor212; July 18th, 2017 at 06:32 AM.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    How do you feel about Gilgamesh and Enkidu flying Vimana when they are in the mood?

And? HS Achilles not a Servant Achilles. I'm not arguing living person is stronger than HS, i'm arguing living person who is a basis for HS is likely to be as strong or stronger as Servant.

also why do you ignore my comment about Fragments? It clearly has the example you are looking for. I cant tell you why Nero in particular is so capable when alive (i havent even read Septem yet), but if you surprised by living person matching Servants then it clearly addresses that its entirely possible by providing an example of what can living people who become HS do when alive.
    I mean by their footwork, not vimana or other tools. I'm with castor about how servant is stronger than their living counterpart
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    It shouldn't really come as a huge shock or need a separate explanation.
    its not really a huge shock so much as i jsut wish it got explored further

as it stands, we only know 'because its Nero', and surely its ok for me to wonder about it further

Blog Entries
    thats only a fragment of my comment, which, if you read further, emphasize that i was saying about the human soldiers, not Nero herself

so maybe dont use a fragment of my comment to represent my whole comment
    maybe you should make more coherent comments then

i see here you questioning Nero being superhuman based on what you quoted.

I mean by their footwork, not vimana or other tools. I'm with castor about how servant is stronger than their living counterpart
    So you can believe ancient Uruk had this kind of tech, but not how ancient heroes are superhumans? How do you feel about Herk nailing 100 heads of a hydra at the same time?

Blog Entries
    maybe you should make more coherent comments when i see here you questioning Nero being superhuman based on what you quoted.
    Maybe you should reread more carefully and more complete before deciding the whole tone of my post then out of a fragment of my comment then.

Because I do not question Nero status as being superhuman, i literally said she might be one and i wish it got explored/explained even further. It's literally what I typed.

Quoting both You and Arha is simply to explain that i dont find it weird so much as I find it lacking in reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with castor about how servant is stronger than their living counterpart
    for the record, this is not what i said

i said its a case by case basis instead of a exception of a "rule", with about half of the Servants (59 out of 139 by my coutning) that we know thanks to embodiment of their legend in some form to be stronger than the real life counterpart.
    Last edited by castor212; July 18th, 2017 at 06:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Maybe you should reread more carefully and more complete before deciding the whole tone of my post then, because I do not question Nero status as being superhuman, i literally said she might be one and i wish it got explored/explained even further.

Read it, it's literally what I typed.
    i just wrote how i read and interpreted both parts of your post but its going beyond ridicilous at this point. You meant what you meant, whatever. I misinterpreted your message however that happened and instead of correcting me you decided to jump me in cutthroat like manner second time in however many days. Next time make your point more clear. I'm done.

Blog Entries
    you decided to jump me in cutthroat like manner second time in however many days.
    ??? jump you a cutthroat manner? i was pretty chill about it the first time around
    its only when you start going aggressive that I matched your tone
    yeah, i suppose i shouldve corrected you the first time, but i respond to what you said instead because i believe what you said is wrong. Even with legends aside, Servant container increases basic value. Battle type guys like Herc and Achi may be stronger then their class container, but harfdly can be said the same with ANdersen, Shakes, or Mozart running faster or punching harder than 10 times normal human. Proven more so with Eu and Stheno.

Next time make your point more clear.
    sure

Next time make sure you read it completely too.
    Last edited by castor212; July 18th, 2017 at 08:17 AM.

US Friend Code
    Look, castor, instead of all these detailed explanations and reasons, just face the truth and realise that the only reason Nero can fight on-par with servants while alive is because of Rome's Nero wank.

Umu.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Check your Imperial Privilege
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Rolled all things that is left from the previous attempts to get Gil.
    Glowing rainbow, instantly excited
    Saber card, que 'oh pls dont' moment
    NP 2 Seiba

All is forgiven

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Beata's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    989,801,787 | Ilias
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Rolled all things that is left from the previous attempts to get Gil.
    Glowing rainbow, instantly excited
    Saber card, que 'oh pls dont' moment
    NP 2 Seiba

All is forgiven
    I'm guessing the NP2 was a good thing, or is that what you were worried of getting?
    Fate/Grand Order USA ID: 989,801,787. PM me and I'll make space for you!
    Notable Servants: Jeanne and Arturia

Blog Entries
    There is only one other SSR saber in the gacha he could get.