Page 600 of 1902 FirstFirst ... 10050055059059559859960060160260561065070011001600 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 12,000 of 38025

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    a little bit of that, but in the context of Type Moon Servant creation, it's probably more of a difference in themes.
    Yup, and since the writers are Japanese they are more familiar with Asian themes which result in better ideas for Asian servants abilities as compare to the others, especially Japanese servants. That is not to mention they need to alter the character's legend to a certain extent to keep it fresh which might or might not okay for some fans.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well the ending of E Pluribus Unum was fucking bad but the rest of it was really enjoyable for the most part and treated the main cast well, especially Edison, Nightingale, Edison, Rama and Edison.

Also I'm impressed that fluffy wizard shows up this early, I really thought we wouldn't see him until next chapter.

Gameplay-wise the whole chapter was a drag, these continuous battles through the war were really boring, and the whole last section was particularly bad. Cú was really easy and the last boss just spammed his useless Star Generation down skill continuously. This game design is just retarded. First of all don't give a useless skill like that to the last boss, and second of all if you're going to give it to him then put a damn limit on how often he'll use it.

Spoiler:
    By the way, how can Babbage talk to Edison if the rest of the world is destroyed during the singularity and who the hell summoned Tesla to help us? I don't remember either of these ever being addressed during Part 1

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Well the ending of E Pluribus Unum was fucking bad but the rest of it was really enjoyable for the most part and treated the main cast well, especially Edison, Nightingale, Edison, Rama and Edison.

Also I'm impressed that fluffy wizard shows up this early, I really thought we wouldn't see him until next chapter.

Gameplay-wise the whole chapter was a drag, these continuous battles through the war were really boring, and the whole last section was particularly bad. Cú was really easy and the last boss just spammed his useless Star Generation down skill continuously. This game design is just retarded. First of all don't give a useless skill like that to the last boss, and second of all if you're going to give it to him then put a damn limit on how often he'll use it.

Spoiler:
    By the way, how can Babbage talk to Edison if the rest of the world is destroyed during the singularity and who the hell summoned Tesla to help us? I don't remember either of these ever being addressed during Part 1
    I'm pretty sure you will cry if they make it harder
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Telse was just summoned with no reason I'm pretty sure, tho going through his role in Arjuna's plan I think his awarded hero skill had some influence on that. Also Babbage did some covert activities in London, contacting Edison who he knew in life does have some basis, tho I don't know how he communicated between Singualarities.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Still working through because diligently scraping up quartzites.

Man the lancers segue was dull, Servants randomly turning up and going as they please. And I guess things getting a little too difficult to run with a bp farming setup.
    Once again strong lancers and needing to use someone's okita.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

祖 Ancestor
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Done the E Pluribus Unum, my feeling:
    1. In JP, I can't read the story and because the similarity in look and a same voice as Mo-san, I always suppose Rama was a fruit-cake who like cross-dressing. How wrong was I and yet I was not totally wrong either.....
    2. And I keep reading him as "Ranma the king of Koala"........
    3. This chapter would be better-off if it is a "KOEI style" game, or a "Sehkoku Rance" style map conquering RPG.
    4. Authors from Japan has once again failed to realise the scale of landscape of countries like US or Australia....
    5. Nightingale's voice seems more feminine then what I remember as in JP ver...... "The L word" and her totally stole the show. Now I really want to roll her.
    6. I am surprised that they wrote Medb as a slut queen quite good. When I am reading the story, my brain can really imagine her reading those dialogues with her slutty voice.

Overall, I am glad there is a NA version so I can finally understand the story.
    FGO(JP) : 384812949 rockitten
    FGO(US) : Main :908340093 rockitten

Spoiler:

(alt) :469909686 Kitkat
    Spoiler:

GF: 200312912 Toma Emiya / 172681242
    Mo-san
    Spoiler:

Shirou:
    Did the grail ever told you what happened to your father?
    Mordred: It told me enough! It told me you used to be her master!
    Shirou: No, we got married. I am your father.
    Mordred: No. No! That's not true! That's impossible!
    Shirou: Search your feelings; you know it to be true!
    Morered: NOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I'm reserving judgement on the story for after I finish the chapter, but one thing that's bothering me quite a bit is the lionisation* of Edison. I know, glossing over the more negative aspects of a legendary or historic figure isn't anything new on TM's part, but it bothered me more than usual this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I know, glossing over the more negative aspects of a legendary or historic figure isn't anything new on TM's part, but it bothered me more than usual this time.
    Does it have to do with all the patents he made?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitten View Post
    4. Authors from Japan has once again failed to realise the scale of landscape of countries like US or Australia....
    I mean, the european area in Septem was more or less big as half the US, but I didn't see anyone complain.

US Friend Code
    I'm reserving judgement on the story for after I finish the chapter, but one thing that's bothering me quite a bit is the lionisation* of Edison. I know, glossing over the more negative aspects of a legendary or historic figure isn't anything new on TM's part, but it bothered me more than usual this time.
    Lionsation isn't really a glossiation but was something decide on a whim. The pic of Edison as a lion was drawn first, Nasu liked it so much he had it incorporated into the character and it went from there.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    By the way, the whole "Thomas Madza Edison" thing is a
    Spoiler:
    reference to Strange Fake?

祖 Ancestor
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I mean, the european area in Septem was more or less big as half the US, but I didn't see anyone complain.
    First of all, the distance between Rome and London ( or Germania) is less than half (more close to 1/3) the distance between California and Washington DC.
    Also, Roman roads and the towns en route make fast(er) travel possible, historically, you can travel from one end of the empire to the other end within a month when the empire was at its prime time.

Not really the case for an undeveloped America, and guda has to travel over the Rockies, the great plain and the deserts.... on foot
    FGO(JP) : 384812949 rockitten
    FGO(US) : Main :908340093 rockitten

Spoiler:

(alt) :469909686 Kitkat
    Spoiler:

GF: 200312912 Toma Emiya / 172681242
    Mo-san
    Spoiler:

Shirou:
    Did the grail ever told you what happened to your father?
    Mordred: It told me enough! It told me you used to be her master!
    Shirou: No, we got married. I am your father.
    Mordred: No. No! That's not true! That's impossible!
    Shirou: Search your feelings; you know it to be true!
    Morered: NOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you will cry if they make it harder
    Uh, no?

Spoiler:
    Telse was just summoned with no reason I'm pretty sure, tho going through his role in Arjuna's plan I think his awarded hero skill had some influence on that. Also Babbage did some covert activities in London, contacting Edison who he knew in life does have some basis, tho I don't know how he communicated between Singualarities.
    Spoiler:
    Tesla specifically says he was summoned by "that strange man" to help us though.

I don't know how far into the story you are right now but I think they dealt with the negative aspects of his personality well enough, specifically because of how they describe him in a scene during the finale.
    They definitely focus a lot more on his good side, but they're not forgetting other aspects I think, which is part of why I liked him so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    By the way, the whole "Thomas Madza Edison" thing is a
    Spoiler:
    reference to Strange Fake?
    Yeah I think it was, it surprised me as well.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Spoiler:
    Tesla specifically says he was summoned by "that strange man" to help us though.
    I'm not entirely sure, but (JP spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Holmes, perhaps? He was on a mission from Babbage, after all, and has been trotting through the singularities.

Within the context of the chapter I guess it could maybe also be Arjuna or even Merlin, but that seems unlikely.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Does it have to do with all the patents he made?
    "Made", yes.

I don't know how far into the story you are right now but I think they dealt with the negative aspects of his personality well enough, specifically because of how they describe him in a scene during the finale.
    Hm, I'll wait for it, then.

Lionsation isn't really a glossiation but was something decide on a whim. The pic of Edison as a lion was drawn first, Nasu liked it so much he had it incorporated into the character and it went from there.
    No, see, that was a pun: to lionise someone is to praise them greatly, to treat them like a celebrity.

Or, in the words of Splinter: "Hah! I made a funny!"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    I'm not entirely sure, but (JP spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Holmes, perhaps? He was on a mission from Babbage, after all, and has been trotting through the singularities.

Within the context of the chapter I guess it could maybe also be Arjuna or even Merlin, but that seems unlikely.
    Spoiler:
    I considered that but can Holmes summon servants like that? I also thought it could be Babbage himself but if it was him then I don't see why they wouldn't just mention him by name.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    i wonder, what strange man do we meet in this chapter that we didn't expectand that is strange and also a man

and magic, i guess
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Merlin.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, but...
    Uh.
    ... I guess it makes sense to be him, for some reason I didn't even consider that.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'll be honest, I had the same thoughts as you at first, I think the cameo was too short to really remember him.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP