Page 987 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 487887937977982985986987988989992997103710871487 ... LastLast
Results 19,721 to 19,740 of 37940

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Tamamo's greatest thing is the party-wide skill reduction, which even on JP there isn't a good alternative. Arts is still the safest way to clear any hard content.
    Not because of Tamamo though. Arts teams are the best for hard content because stall teams are best for hard content.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Both are terrible though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I mean I could get into this discussion once again and talk about how all of that is part of what makes them and the entire story of King Arthur great, but I'd rather not.
    Yeah, ghost, don't be a sourpuss!

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    yeah and Tamamo is an arts so it's still counted
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fucking Chicago. 48% gear drop chance my ass. I ran through over thirty times today and only got one.

So about the Solomon Raid, it's one time only right? So theoretically what happens if someone starts playing FGO in February or something? They go through all the singularities, read this plot that took a year and a half to unfold and then they get to the final chapter and it's just not there? Beat Tiamat, Chaldea under attack, ????, everything's alright here's Shinjuku Alter?
    Last edited by Mattias; December 13th, 2018 at 10:51 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Hey dude, mellow out my bro, I’m sure they will have some kind of alternative scenario. Probably not as rewarding, but you won’t need a party, instead you can solo-mon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Fucking Chicago. 48% gear drop chance my ass. I ran through over thirty times today and only got one.

So about the Solomon Raid, it's one time only right? So theoretically what happens if someone starts playing FGO in February or something? They go through all the singularities, read this plot that took a year and a half to unfold and then they get to the final chapter and it's just not there? Beat Tiamat, Chaldea under attack, ????, everything's alright here's Shinjuku Alter?
    Naw you can still fight in the Salomon chapter. It's just the raids are gone and it progresses as any old one
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post

After a raid is done there's a story chapter, just like Rashomon.
    The story chapters will stay there forever for people to play.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    But the gears and pages won't come out like the raid?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    So, when Probabky Not A Spoiler At This Point But Just In CaseTaiga says Kuku’s gonna make me cry, she’s referring to Quetzalcoatl, right?

Good grief, they are butchering him. I mean, I love this chapter but the Mesoamerican stuff is a mess.

I’m assuming that there’s only one possible reason for Quetzalcoatl to be called ‘Kuku,’ and that’s because s/he’s a feathered serpent, which is also the form taken by another god in another culture: Kukulkan. But Kukulkan is an entirely different type of god, from an entirely different pantheon.

Not to mention where Quetzalcoatl is Aztec, and is disgusted by human sacrifice, Kukulkan presides over human sacrifices. Also, he’s Yucatec Mayan, and has an entirely different story.

That said, this Quetzalcoatl seems more like Kukulkan than Quetzalcoatl, what with the violence and human sacrifice. …And I’m beginning to think that the only reason they made this goddess Quetzalcoatl was because they wanted to make a Rider who rode a Quetzalcoatlus. (They could have done it anyway…)
    Last edited by Draconic; December 14th, 2018 at 06:49 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    most main quests tend to have fixed drops, so I bet if you look at the story chapters for the 'final battle' against each pillar they'll either have or not have any drop rate.

But yeah basically, if you're not ready to be a part of the raiding, you're going to miss out on the chance to farm any mats. And unfortunately on my end, considering that the one I need to farm for Pages is the one that has its own bulli meme like Ishtar and Ibaraki do, I feel that he might be dead by the time I wake up the next morning to start farming him, lol.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, not related at all, but…

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I'm going to be in the minority and say that I liked Tiamat's siren-like wailing, it was appropriately eerie and the dissonance between her monstrous form and her voice only added to the effect, and I liked the visual nods to Dark Sakura. That said, I wish her base form wasn't so sexualised; it wasn't just cheap, it actively harmed her visual design.
    Is that so?
    In that case, you’re REALLY not gonna like this…

OH DEAR MERCIFUL GOD, TIAMAT, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU?!
    I’m torn between wanting to give her a sympathy hug, and wanting to run further away than I would if I saw her in primordial dragon form…

please tell me that this isn’t ‘coming soon to smartphones in Japan…’
    Last edited by Draconic; December 14th, 2018 at 12:46 AM.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, they just wanted to make a Summer Tiamat!
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    most main quests tend to have fixed drops, so I bet if you look at the story chapters for the 'final battle' against each pillar they'll either have or not have any drop rate.

But yeah basically, if you're not ready to be a part of the raiding, you're going to miss out on the chance to farm any mats. And unfortunately on my end, considering that the one I need to farm for Pages is the one that has its own bulli meme like Ishtar and Ibaraki do, I feel that he might be dead by the time I wake up the next morning to start farming him, lol.
    Yeah, I wanted some hearts and gears off him (it?) too. Reset is in the mornings for me, but it's still a workday...

- - - Updated - - -

Also @An Abstract Platypus?; you forgot to close a collapse tag above.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by An Abstract Platypus? View Post
    In that case, you’re REALLY not gonna like this…

OH DEAR MERCIFUL GOD, TIAMAT, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU?!
    I’m torn between wanting to give her a sympathy hug, and wanting to run further away than I would if I saw her in primordial dragon form…

please tell me that this isn’t ‘coming soon to smartphones in Japan…’
    That's just fan art though, Tiamat official artist just draws it for fun.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, when [COLLAPSE=Probabky Not A Spoiler At This Point But Just In Case]Taiga says Kuku’s gonna make me cry, she’s referring to Quetzalcoatl, right?

Good grief, they are butchering him. I mean, I love this chapter but the Mesoamerican stuff is a mess.

I’m assuming that there’s only one possible reason for Quetzalcoatl to be called ‘Kuku,’ and that’s because s/he’s a feathered serpent, which is also the form taken by another god in another culture: Kukulkan. But Kukulkan is an entirely different type of god, from an entirely different pantheon.

Not to mention where Quetzalcoatl is Aztec, and is disgusted by human sacrifice, Kukulkan presides over human sacrifices. Also, he’s Yucatec Mayan, and has an entirely different story.

That said, this Quetzalcoatl seems more like Kukulkan than Quetzalcoatl, what with the violence and human sacrifice. …And I’m beginning to think that the only reason they made this goddess Quetzalcoatl was because they wanted to make a Rider who rode a Quetzalcoatlus. (They could have done it anyway…)
    Why are you speaking like they are isolated, separate things? There was cultural exchange between the Mexica, the Toltecs and the Mayans, and their Feathered Serpent gods are closely related. While it is true that Kukulkán is likely to be older than Quetzalcoatl, by the time of Chichen Itzá his cult was heavility influenced by the latter. The Mexica legends of Quetzalcoatl state that, following his disgrace at Tollan, the god sets out until he reaches Tlapallan (Yucatán), and the Great Lord Kukulcan of Chichen Itzá is identified as the Mexica Quetzalcoatl, both by traditional legends and archaeological evidence (similar figures of beareded men using the feathered serpent as their emblem). Really, syncretism is not exclusive to the Old World.

Also, the whole thing about Quetzalcoatl opposed to human sacrifice is exclusive to the legends of Tula. There are even more references to Quetzalcoatl partaking of it, both in Yucatán and in Tenochtitlán.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; December 14th, 2018 at 08:30 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just keep reading

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Will do, and I’ll admit you’re right, Daneel.

If I’m right, this is a MASSIVE SPOILER

‘Nice try old man. I’ll admit, you’ve got a kind of Noah-ish vibe going on, but you are SO NOT Ziusudra! I remember EXACTLY where I was the last time a very strange person disappeared in front of me after speaking with your dialect, and who I was with!’
    Ritsuka wisely kept his thoughts to himself as the old man seemed to flicker out of existence between blinks, a cold sweat coating his brow.

“Holy crap, Fou… we’re lucky to be alive!”

Fou seemed to understand, seeming to be rather distressed himself. They wasted no time running back to the embasy and slamming the door shut.

”Three storms… three goddesses… but who are they? And even if I find out, how will I know which is which? I can’t even tell which one Ishtar is…”
    Last edited by Draconic; December 14th, 2018 at 07:30 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    What are you talking about, that's clearly just a regular old man talking cryptically in a way that will never be of any use to you at any point. Just like your maths teacher.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Or Yoda…
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Well the next event, the Solomon Raid, looks like it will rely on your bond points for power. I hope everyone is ready. I have right now 5 level 10 Bond Servants Tamamo Caster and Cat, Gil Archer, Chu Lancer, and Lily Saber.