Page 984 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 484884934974979982983984985986989994103410841484 ... LastLast
Results 19,661 to 19,680 of 37994

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by An Abstract Platypus? View Post
    That really was a great plot point. He was truly the most loyal knight.
    I feel like Gaheris’ despair, and Gawain’s subsequent loss of humanity would be very good moments too if we ever get to see them on this side of the Pacific.

You know, all things considered, the fact that Galahad didn’t even answer her call is foreshadowing at his real personality. Even Gaheris chose a side, and she’s basically an innocent little girl. Galahad on the other hand, opposed Lion King, but his response was to let everyone kill each other, because he didn’t want to get his hands dirty and tarnish his image as the perfect knight. And as funny as it is when Mashu abruptly starts verbally abusing Lancelot, it actually becomes a little horrifying when you consider this: Galahad wouldn’t even give her the name of his Noble Phantasm. He let her flail around with a shield she didn’t know how to use, basically abandoned her despite being fully capable of taking her from 0 to 100 Right from the first singularity. But what does he see as being important? His resentment towards his depressed father, who already feels like a failure.

That’s literally the only thing he gave her without putting her to trial by fire.
    I'm not sure if he really could've stepped in and done things for her (remember the only demi-Servants we've seen actually take over the host are a pair of goddesses, and even they're basically melded to the person), but she needed to learn how to do it. It was her who needed to learn to take on the burden, not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Eh, it's true though. Ushiwakamaru might be cute on the outside but she's got a bad streak a mile wide, and it's not like she's trying to hide it. Other than her lord (which Guda has the fortune of being), both her subordinates and her enemies are nothing but trash, and since her lord betrayed her once she also has a grudge against the world in general. Ushi Alter didn't really fit that well into the Singularity as an antagonist, given its much grander scope, but the role itself fit Ushi perfectly. IMO.
    Yeah, Ushi's pretty broken from the start.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Babylonia and Camelot are just very different kinds of stories when you get down to it. Camelot is very character focused, while Babylonia is closer to a summer blockbuster. I preferred Camelot because of its tone, and especially the emotion in its climax, but I still enjoyed Babylonia a lot, especially the fighting against impossible odds feeling. As I mentioned a few days ago, it helped that the lahmus actually gave me trouble and so I wasn't mowing down fights against people the story was telling me were threatening. That was what happened in Camelot with the Round Table, I didn't feel pressure from them in the story because in gameplay I wasn't having trouble, but the lahmus were hard on me.

Though I did finish the final Tiamat really fast. I shouldn't have brought Scathach.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I'm perfectly aware of Ushi's character beyond surface cuteness, it's just that twisting it into some deep seethed grudge against humanity and the world brought forth and enhanced by the alteration is the most boring and cliched character conflict possible, and I couldn't care less about it.
    Granted, it wasn't really original and in fact all it really added was padding to the runtime of an already overlong singularity, but that's where the gameplay element comes in. Fighting her was interesting due to how tricky she was, changing classes and spawning new copies of her. All in all, while it could have been worked on more (her initial sacrifice especially was a completely throwaway scene with no effort to it, which was a darn shame) and worked in better, her appearance contributed more good than bad, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

And speaking of Mash, someone really needs to show her profile some love, because it seems the ESLs have been at it like a dog on a bone...
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    First of all, he was already summoned into Mashu. He gave her his power to save her, and with the recent revelations about his personality, it’s looking a lot like he had an ulterior motive to saving her. Have you watched the Cosmos in the Lostbelt prologue? Click to See Spoilers For The Beginning of the LostbeltStoryline He blames Ritsuka and Mashu for the wholesale slaughter of humanity and literal annihilation of all life and civilization on earth by the Alien God, and to punish them, he decides he’ll force them to watch helplessly as it happens. He won’t let them save humanity because they might have doomed it. And to that end, he actively works against them by taking all of his power back. So yes, if he has that much autonomy, I think it’s safe to say that he’s been watching and doing nothing this whole time. My only assumption is that he’s doing it because he’s already judged Chaldea as evil for their demo-servant experiments that he objected to, and sees them as being past redemption.

As for your points, eddyak, if he can give her his hatred, he must at least be able to give her his damn name.
    Last edited by Draconic; December 12th, 2018 at 09:33 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I'm not sure if he really could've stepped in and done things for her (remember the only demi-Servants we've seen actually take over the host are a pair of goddesses, and even they're basically melded to the person), but she needed to learn how to do it. It was her who needed to learn to take on the burden, not him.
    They make a point of differentiating Demi and Pseudo Servants, so we haven't actually seen any Demi-Servants in which the original Heroic Spirit is conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Granted, it wasn't really original and in fact all it really added was padding to the runtime of an already overlong singularity, but that's where the gameplay element comes in. Fighting her was interesting due to how tricky she was, changing classes and spawning new copies of her. All in all, while it could have been worked on more (her initial sacrifice especially was a completely throwaway scene with no effort to it, which was a darn shame) and worked in better, her appearance contributed more good than bad, imo.
    I don't even think there's anything wrong with corrupted Ushi, I only said I could've done without that specific cliched bullshit during Benkei's sacrifice. Ushi's role was beneficial both in the narrative and in gameplay.

Also, An Abstract Platypus?, you should spoiler way more of your comment than you did:

JP SPOILERS

First of all, he was already summoned into Mashu. He gave he his power to save her, and with the recent revelations about his personality, it’s looking a lot like he had an ulterior motive to saving her.
    Can you be specific? Because literally nothing we know about him implies any ulterior motive.

Have you watched the Cosmos in the Lostbelt prologue? He blames Ritsuka and Mashu for the wholesale slaughter of humanity and literal annihilation of all life and civilization on earth Click to see Spoiler for the Beginning of the Lostbelt Storylineby the Alien God, and to punish them, he decides he’ll force them to watch helplessly as it happens. He won’t let them save humanity because they might have doomed it. And to that end, he actively works against them by taking all of his power back. So yes, if he has that much autonomy, I think it’s safe to say that he’s been watching and doing nothing this whole time. My only assumption is that he’s doing it because he’s already judged Chaldea as evil for their past deeds that he objected to and sees them as being past redemption.
    Again, a whole lot of assumptions about someone we barely know anything about and heard talking once.

As for your points, eddyak, if he can give her his hatred, he must at least be able to give her his damn name.
    He didn't give her any hatred. She had impulsive behavior coming from his Saint Graph, he is not consciously brainwashing Mash to insult Lancelot my dude.

Last edited by pinetree; December 12th, 2018 at 09:57 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aren’t we already past the part of Mashu’s backstory where we hear about her origins?
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    This single-minded interpretating of Galahad in a negative light that disregards that he could possibly has any other motive and assuming every course of his action and thoughts just makes this sound like bashing imo
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aren’t we already past the part of Mashu’s backstory where we hear about her origins?
    JP SPOILERS
    People don't know earth and humanity is going to be wiped out again. It's fine, you already changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    This single-minded interpretating of Galahad in a negative light that disregards that he could possibly has any other motive and assuming every course of his action and thoughts just makes this sound like bashing imo
    This.
    Last edited by pinetree; December 12th, 2018 at 09:57 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He let me down several times in quick succession. What am I supposed to think? Especially after he’s been built up so much.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He let me down several times in quick succession. What am I supposed to think? Especially after he’s been built up so much.
    JP SPOILERS
    Several times? He did two things so far: He saved us, then abandoned us two years later.
    I'm willing to wait for more information on the guy.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The probability of Galahad himself show up in
    Spoiler:
    Lostbelt sixth
    is pretty high
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    862,721,939 / Vivian
    Solomon is scheduled on the 20th.

US Friend Code
    You get 30 quartz if you clear Babylonia before Solomon comes out. With that I'll have enough for 15 10-rolls.

But as for right now, it seems the server is down?

Blog Entries
    is there any way in which bedivere isn’t just last episode shirou done better
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Especially the ugly cry
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    I didn’t understand when I first heard of it, but the chapter fading out after it finished zooming in on the face of a bloody Agravain with his brow raised was tad awkward, yes.
    Last edited by Bobin; December 13th, 2018 at 01:03 AM.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anyone rolling for Quetz or Gorgon with the new banner? I've been sorely tempted since I grew to like Quetz, but will ultimately pass. I figure Toby might roll for more Taiga copies, but his is a special case.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Rate-up is a lie.

20 roll

598,535,004 (NA)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle telesbleach's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Just did 2 ten-rolls on the new banner.

First gave me my first np3(fuck you D'eon) and some trash CE.

The second one gave me Big Snek/Thick Snek/Best Snek, my next target to grail, and now i'm super happy that i won't have to wait months to get her with the free 4star ticket.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    See, if they had gone for more of a Mother Goddess vibe, it would have been great! Even a proper "fertility = eroticism" depiction, inaccurate as it would be, might have worked. "Young lady with a thong" just smacked of trying too hard, though, too much pandering.
    That's her humanoid form tho, or you can say it's the divine spirit form fitting the fantasy of humans. Her final true form as a draconic beast looks more terrifying than sexy despite all the exposed boobs with implied nipples going on. It also reminds me of Izanami in myth (a fellow Earth mother) who also turned into a draconic giant goddess when chasing Izanagi. I guess ancient moms are all dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I'm perfectly aware of Ushi's character beyond surface cuteness, it's just that twisting it into some deep seethed grudge against humanity and the world brought forth and enhanced by the alteration is the most boring and cliched character conflict possible, and I couldn't care less about it.
    At least we got some corruption hentai mindfuck fake news out of it back then. And it got some doujinshi too! Good stuffs.