Page 598 of 1901 FirstFirst ... 9849854858859359659759859960060360864869810981598 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,960 of 38002

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Unless the grail can make him surpass his teacher.
    He didn't need the grail to do that. He did it himself.

Also yeah while he was powerful I don't think he was the biggest threat. That goes towards the
    Spoiler:
    Demon Pillars
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    have you read the story

because uuhhhhh
    Read his story? or America?
    He surpass his teacher because he is not a normal Cu (far above that), he has grail to back him. Just like how Jeanne Alter has more strength and firepower than the normal Jeanne
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; March 17th, 2018 at 10:50 PM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I finished the last stretch of America. I don't know if these are getting easier, or if my front line just incredibly lucky.

Orleans was hard because my highest level servant was only level 20 or so, and as a Ruler there was no type advantage. Conversely Cu Alter was weak to everything and my Scathach was putting out 400k damage on turn 1.

Demon Pillars also got way easier now that I have some decently leveled cavalry with STNP's. This time didn't even last five turns, when up until Okeanos I had to take multiple attempts or burn command seals.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah thank God Camelot is next, the fights on this chapter have been boooooring.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I didn't know that Mumyou Sandan Zuki is very similiar to Tsubame Gaeshi
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Whose said Cu Chulainn isn't on there scale? Sure in pure firepower he's lacking against them but he's still Cu Chulainn, the greatest hero of Ireland, he has different ways to express why he is feared. In the prolouge Rama mentions how he was strong and Rama can be on the same level as Karna so him being impressed by him speaks volumes. While this sentiment is shared throughout heroes of great fame as he is in the story he's at a strength far beyond what he'd normally showed as a Lancer, and it's that strength that one sees in the story. The grail certainly helps a ton but just having the grail won't do much if the base isn't already impressive already.
    But again, he actually isn't that impressive. Sure, he's basically the strongest figure in Irish mythology, but he's entirely anti-personnel. Anti-army, at best. He isn't capable of the kind of devastation Arjuna or Karna can put out. He isn't capable of destroying fortresses like Artoria & a bunch of others we have. He can fight an army, but in the end he'll die fighting them if they come at him more than one at a time. The story makes him out to be a threat that he just isn't.

give proper Berserker Cu plz.
    Proper berserker Cu is ugly af, and ridiculous looking. You're expecting awesome-looking Cu, what you'll get is some bloatmonster looking like Spartacus halfway through his Apoc appearance, but more colourful.

here, have some disgusting cu

Then took place the first twisting-fit and rage of the royal hero Cuchulain, so that he made a terrible, many-shaped, wonderful, unheard of thing of himself. His flesh trembled about him like a pole against the torrent or like a bulrush against the stream, every member and every joint and every point and every knuckle of him from crown to ground. He made a mad whirling-feat of his body within his hide. His feet and his shins and his knees slid so that they came behind him. His heels and his calves and his hams shifted so that they passed to the front. The muscles of his calves moved so that they came to the front of his shins, so that each huge knot was the size of a soldier's balled fist. He stretched the sinews of his head so that they stood out on the nape of his neck, hill-like lumps, huge, incalculable, vast, immeasurable and as large as the head of a month-old child.

He next made a ruddy bowl of his face and his countenance. He gulped down one eye into his head so that it would be hard work if a wild crane succeeded in drawing it out on to the middle of his cheek from the rear of his skull. Its mate sprang forth till it came out on his cheek. His mouth was distorted monstrously. He drew the cheek from the jaw-bone so that the interior of his throat was to be seen. His lungs and his lights stood out so that they fluttered in his mouth and his gullet. He struck a mad lion's blow with the upper jaw on its fellow so that as large as a wether's fleece of a three year old was each red, fiery flake which his teeth forced into his mouth from his gullet.
    There was heard the loud clap of his heart against his breast like the yelp of a howling bloodhound or like a lion going among bears. There were seen the torches of the Badb, and the rain clouds of poison, and the sparks of glowing-red fire, blazing and flashing in hazes and mists over his head with the seething of the truly wild wrath that rose up above him. His hair bristled all over his head like branches of a redthorn thrust into a gap in a great hedge. Had a king's apple-tree laden with royal fruit been shaken around him, scarce an apple of them all would have passed over him to the ground, but rather would an apple have stayed stuck on each single hair there, for the twisting of the anger which met it as it rose from his hair above him.
    The Lon Laith ('Champion's Light') stood out of his forehead, so that it was as long and as thick as a warrior's whetstone. As high, as thick, as strong, as steady, as long as the sail-tree of some huge prime ship was the straight spout of dark blood which arose right on high from the very ridge-pole of his crown, so that a black fog of witchery was made thereof like to the smoke from a king's hostel what time the king comes to be ministered to at nightfall of a winter's day.

I didn't know that Mumyou Sandan Zuki is very similiar to Tsubame Gaeshi
    Yeah, the descriptions are basically exactly the same. I'm still hoping they actually find some non-JP hero with a technique or somesuch as their NP, I'm still disappointed they took Lancelot, canonically and in-game "the best warrior/swordsman of his age, only man worthy to wield Aarondight" and then went "yeah just have him, like, do energy wave sword or someshit". Shouldn't that guy be the equivalent of
    Spoiler:
    Musashi+Yagyu+Kojiro,
    and have some utterly ridiculous fighting style as his NP?
    Last edited by eddyak; March 18th, 2018 at 10:01 AM.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I'd spoiler that middle name in your last post, man.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    He didn't need the grail to do that. He did it himself.
    But that's not the case. They were matching each other's attacks and even their Gae Bolgs cancelled each other. Scathach was about to send him to the shadow realm but he pulled out Curruid Coinchenn, a surprise NP he never had in life that the grail gave him which Scathach never knew.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    But again, he actually isn't that impressive. Sure, he's basically the strongest figure in Irish mythology, but he's entirely anti-personnel. Anti-army, at best. He isn't capable of the kind of devastation Arjuna or Karna can put out. He isn't capable of destroying fortresses like Artoria & a bunch of others we have. He can fight an army, but in the end he'll die fighting them if they come at him more than one at a time. The story makes him out to be a threat that he just isn't.
    That's the thing tho, having more firepower doesn't mean that's a bigger threat. Sure having blowing up large areas of land sure does sound impressive, but that's also wasteful and over the top. Cu's thing from the very beginning was that he could get the results that other people need to use buckets full of power to achieve with just a cup. That's what it means to be an anti-personal fighter, and in the context of Servant fights which are normally one to one, that's the reason he's such a threat when compared to Karna and Arjuna, because if he gets into a fight he's gonna win. You don't need to blow up continents to be a threat. That's how he's portrayed as a threat in the story, that if you get into a fight with him most likely your gonna die because he's just that good.

Proper berserker Cu is ugly af, and ridiculous looking. You're expecting awesome-looking Cu, what you'll get is some bloatmonster looking like Spartacus halfway through his Apoc appearance, but more colourful.

Then took place the first twisting-fit and rage of the royal hero Cuchulain, so that he made a terrible, many-shaped, wonderful, unheard of thing of himself. His flesh trembled about him like a pole against the torrent or like a bulrush against the stream, every member and every joint and every point and every knuckle of him from crown to ground. He made a mad whirling-feat of his body within his hide. His feet and his shins and his knees slid so that they came behind him. His heels and his calves and his hams shifted so that they passed to the front. The muscles of his calves moved so that they came to the front of his shins, so that each huge knot was the size of a soldier's balled fist. He stretched the sinews of his head so that they stood out on the nape of his neck, hill-like lumps, huge, incalculable, vast, immeasurable and as large as the head of a month-old child.

He next made a ruddy bowl of his face and his countenance. He gulped down one eye into his head so that it would be hard work if a wild crane succeeded in drawing it out on to the middle of his cheek from the rear of his skull. Its mate sprang forth till it came out on his cheek. His mouth was distorted monstrously. He drew the cheek from the jaw-bone so that the interior of his throat was to be seen. His lungs and his lights stood out so that they fluttered in his mouth and his gullet. He struck a mad lion's blow with the upper jaw on its fellow so that as large as a wether's fleece of a three year old was each red, fiery flake which his teeth forced into his mouth from his gullet.
    There was heard the loud clap of his heart against his breast like the yelp of a howling bloodhound or like a lion going among bears. There were seen the torches of the Badb, and the rain clouds of poison, and the sparks of glowing-red fire, blazing and flashing in hazes and mists over his head with the seething of the truly wild wrath that rose up above him. His hair bristled all over his head like branches of a redthorn thrust into a gap in a great hedge. Had a king's apple-tree laden with royal fruit been shaken around him, scarce an apple of them all would have passed over him to the ground, but rather would an apple have stayed stuck on each single hair there, for the twisting of the anger which met it as it rose from his hair above him.
    The Lon Laith ('Champion's Light') stood out of his forehead, so that it was as long and as thick as a warrior's whetstone. As high, as thick, as strong, as steady, as long as the sail-tree of some huge prime ship was the straight spout of dark blood which arose right on high from the very ridge-pole of his crown, so that a black fog of witchery was made thereof like to the smoke from a king's hostel what time the king comes to be ministered to at nightfall of a winter's day.

That's fine with me, the thing about me wanting Berserker Cu because I honestly think that as a warrior that could be Cu's strongest class. That I want.

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the descriptions are basically exactly the same. I'm still hoping they actually find some non-JP hero with a technique or somesuch as their NP, I'm still disappointed they took Lancelot, canonically and in-game "the best warrior/swordsman of his age, only man worthy to wield Aarondight" and then went "yeah just have him, like, do energy wave sword or someshit". Shouldn't that guy be the equivalent of Musashi+Yagyu+Kojiro, and have some utterly ridiculous fighting style as his NP?
    Don't know the description about his sword technique, but to think it's equivalent to those three combine is exaggerating
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    But that's not the case. They were matching each other's attacks and even their Gae Bolgs cancelled each other. Scathach was about to send him to the shadow realm but he pulled out Curruid Coinchenn, a surprise NP he never had in life that the grail gave him which Scathach never knew.
    That's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about the grail healing, i wasn't talking about the class change. Cu is Cu, he became that Cu by the Grail and got a new skillset but in that fight he didn't use any additional abilities that he would get by relying on the grail.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That's the thing tho, having more firepower doesn't mean that's a bigger threat. Sure having blowing up large areas of land sure does sound impressive, but that's also wasteful and over the top. Cu's thing from the very beginning was that he could get the results that other people need to use buckets full of power to achieve with just a cup. That's what it means to be an anti-personal fighter, and in the context of Servant fights which are normally one to one, that's the reason he's such a threat when compared to Karna and Arjuna, because if he gets into a fight he's gonna win. You don't need to blow up continents to be a threat. That's how he's portrayed as a threat in the story, that if you get into a fight with him most likely your gonna die because he's just that good.
    The thing about that is, none of that matters when he can just be nuked from a mile away by Karna, or Arjuna, or literally anybody with a large scale AoE NP, or all of them put together.

Don't know the description about his sword technique, but to think it's equivalent to those three combine is exaggerating
    Well, yeah, but he's canonically the best fighter/swordsman/whatever the exact wording is, in the world. He can't wield Aarondight without being the best, and its power is to boost him even further.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    The thing about that is, none of that matters when he can just be nuked from a mile away by Karna, or Arjuna, or literally anybody with a large scale AoE NP, or all of them put together.
    no one actually does that tho, in fact the only person who does that was Cu himself on Karna.

Well, yeah, but he's canonically the best fighter/swordsman/whatever the exact wording is, in the world. He can't wield Aarondight without being the best, and its power is to boost him even further.
    Lancelot was the greatest warrior of his era. The greatest knight of his time. That's specific, it's not of the entire world. In relation to Arturian myth that means he's the best fighter in it, but that doesn't mean he's the best fighter ever, he's high up there, very high up there, but he doesn't take the throne. So I would think in fighter power and technique he would be equal or even slightly above to some of those you mentioned, but not necessarily stronger then all of them combined.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Cu is Cu, he became that Cu by the Grail and got a new skillset but in that fight he didn't use any additional abilities that he would get by relying on the grail.
    And a new NP, a brand new NP that caught Scathach by surprise, a NP that boosted his STR to super level. He NEEDED it because Scathach already knew so well about him and none of what he got as the hero Cu Chulainn could be a surprise attack which allowed him to stab her. I don't care if you disregard it, to me when a servant used something that does not exist in their original arsenal, it no way can be counted as using something of his own.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

The strongest in HIS ERA. Not the strongest swordman ever. Heck even in the story Galahad should be stronger than him as the next generation

- - - Updated - - -

And a new NP, a brand new NP that caught Scathach by surprise, a NP that boosted his STR to super level. He NEEDED it because Scathach already knew so well about him and none of what he got as the hero Cu Chulainn could be a surprise attack which allowed him to stab her. I don't care if you disregard it, to me when a servant used something that does not exist in their original arsenal, it no way can be counted as using something of his own.
    The fact that Scathach said "This Cu is above me", is because the grail boost him to whole new level. it's not something can be counted as his own (body) too
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    The strongest in HIS ERA. Not the strongest swordman ever. Heck even in the story Galahad should be stronger than him as the next generation

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that Scathach said "This Cu is above me", is because the grail boost him to whole new level. it's not something can be counted as his own (body) too
    Galahad isn't that strong, his combat abilties wasn't his strong suit.

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Someone told me that Galahad is stronger
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Just finished reading the chapter.
    Very solid, which is why Beo and Li should've been there, they feel out of place. Other than that it makes other orders seem worse than they are, kinda.

US Friend Code
    Someone told me that Galahad is stronger
    Galahad is the greatest knight of the Round, the greatest knight that ever lived, but that has to do more with his personality and chivaraly. He embodies everything good about Chivaraly, he's the ideal knight. But that doesn't mean he's the best fighter. In Camelot Bedivere mentions that Galahad's combat abilities weren't anything special and what made him such a great knight was his mentality.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    no one actually does that tho, in fact the only person who does that was Cu himself on Karna.
    Yes, and that's my problem. It'd be intimidating if Karna were the final enemy. The dude's got nigh-invincible armour, he's got multiple NPs that do a ridiculous amount of destruction, and he himself is a demigod with a spear he can use as well as some of the greatest fighters that have ever existed. Meanwhile, Cu on the other end can fight for days, kill an army man by man, and stab dudes. He's got none of the intimidation factor of the guy who gets killed off halfway through the chapter. It's as if, in the middle of FSN, we're introduced to Gil, and Herc, and those two go off and fight and Gil gets killed, and Herc doesn't wanna fight any more, and the route's main enemy from that point on is Kojiro. He's scary, sure, but a good chunk of the cast could kill him without coming near him.

Lancelot was the greatest warrior of his era. The greatest knight of his time. That's specific, it's not of the entire world.
    Yes, he's the greatest fighter of his era. I'd assume that would specifically mean in the world, not just "congrats, you're the greatest fighter in this specific kingdom". I don't mean he'd be the greatest fighter of any age, ever, forever, for all time, but he was the best, everywhere, as long as he was able to carry that sword.

In relation to Arturian myth that means he's the best fighter in it, but that doesn't mean he's the best fighter ever, he's high up there, very high up there, but he doesn't take the throne.
    Yeah. I'm just annoyed that they took this guy who's canonically the greatest fighter of his age- as in, he literally couldn't use his personal sword if there was a fighter greater than he was, who fought a guy who was invincible as long as the sun was in the sky for the entire day and then kicked his arse the moment the sun went down, and they made his power "i'ma laser this dude". Meanwhile on the yamato end of things there are guys with these ridiculously cool personal skills- two of them get so skilled they can literally attack several times at the same time, one dude whose NP is him just one-shotting his opponent, and so on.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP